Thread: The "Vote Vintage" Support Thread!

The "Vote Vintage" Support Thread!

The early 80's was a great time to be alive! Masters of the Universe has come a long way and has evolved a lot since then. Nostalgia is a driving force for our collecting hobby, and for a lot of us, we were there from the beginning and can still recall fond memories of our favorite toys that helped make our childhoods special. It's safe to say vintage designs are among the most demanded and perhaps the best selling in the ongoing Masters of the Universe Classics toy line. That well of designs has not dried out and there are still lots of toys from the vintage era that Super7 and Four Horsemen Studios can offer us. So let's show our support for those figures and accessories that we can pull from our earliest memories of He-Man's adventures, in the 2018 MOTUC polling season happening now on He-Man.org!

Last edited by AdultCollector; October 30, 2017 at 01:27pm.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    The early 80's was a great time to be alive! Masters of the Universe has come a long way and has evolved a lot since then. Nostalgia is a driving force for our collecting hobby, and for a lot of us, we were there from the beginning and can still recall fond memories of our favorite toys that helped make our childhoods special. It's safe to say vintage designs are among the most demanded and perhaps the best selling in the ongoing Masters of the Universe Classics toy line. That well of designs has not dried out and there are still lots of toys from the vintage era that Super7 and Four Horsemen Studios can offer us. So let's show our support for those figures and accessories that we can pull from our earliest memories of He-Man's adventures, in the 2018 MOTUC polling season happening now on He-Man.org!

https://i.imgur.com/rfCvVch.jpg
    No thank u. I’m not paying $35 plus dollars a figure to get slightly different versions of the same characters over and over and over. If these type of things show up in Collector’s Choice I will be out.

But I’m all about getting the remaining unique 10 vintage New Adventures toys or the remaining Princess of Power variants. Plus I would almost guarantee Mini Comic Tri-Klops is coming as a Power Con exclusive.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

Goddess 2.0 is a must, but I'd be down for most of the others as well

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    No thank u. I’m not paying $35 plus dollars a figure to get slightly different versions of the same characters over and over and over. If these type of things show up in Collector’s Choice I will be out.

But I’m all about getting the remaining unique 10 vintage New Adventures toys or the remaining Princess of Power variants. Plus I would almost guarantee Mini Comic Tri-Klops is coming as a Power Con exclusive.
    Agreed. I would rather have new characters (even NA) than more slightly different variants.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post

Many of these are heads and accessories and not necessarily a full 35$ figure. I would definitely love a vintage heads and accessories pack!
    I would also love to see the remaining NA characters. Aren’t these strictly speaking also „vintage“?

Goddes, Rio-Blast, Dyr, MOP demons and Guerrero (not „Guerro“ I think) He-Man are at the top of my want list!
    Awesome sticker included!

Heroic Warrior
    Please include a prototype-style Eldor. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Goddess 2.0 is a must, but I'd be down for most of the others as well
    Same here.
    I like that most of these updates could be taken care of with a Head or Weapons pack.

Heroic Warrior
    I think open-eyed Ram Man is a great call. Of course we'd now need two different paint jobs.

Accessories I'd add to the list would include He-Man's and Skeletor's long swords from the Series Two minicomics.

I think the richest veins to tap are still the early minicomics and the DC comics from the same era. I want to see Crusher, Ceril, Damon and Tarrak.

There are some good characters from the first UK annual too. (If you haven't read it yet you can see it on my website.)
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Other than the Masks of Power Demons, I am fine with some of these made as Power Con exclusives, but do not want them taking up Collector's Choice spots.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Other than the Masks of Power Demons, I am fine with some of these made as Power Con exclusives, but do not want them taking up Collector's Choice spots.
    But should the most significant nostalgic figures be the most expensive as exclusives?
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    But should the most significant nostalgic figures be the most expensive as exclusives?
    The most nostalgic figures were released between 2008 - 2015.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

I'm on board with most of those. Love that Guerrero Concept. Would love to see the three Roger Sweet inspired Vykron figures get released as a proper 3 pack instead of the stupid clothes that don't fit that great. I want to display all three together.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

There's about 13 items on that list that would've been nice to get in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Agreed. I would rather have new characters (even NA) than more slightly different variants.
    Funny, for me it´s exactly the other way around

I'm far more likely to buy early vintage and concept stuff than anything else. (2002 era aside.) I still want figures of this He-Man and Skeletor!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    I'm far more likely to buy early vintage and concept stuff than anything else. (2002 era aside.) I still want figures of this He-Man and Skeletor!
    http://i.imgur.com/13ePq0X.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/1iyTy8T.jpg
    Me, too!

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Sign me up for that!

Sign me up for toy accurate Mer Man! Most other figures evoke enough of the vintage toys to make me happy, but Mer Man is sorely lacking.

Here are some of the great vintage era characters available to vote on in Round 4!

I would buy a set of these variants.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Some of these would be great to see (Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, MoP Demons, Gray, SPHM), And I’d take a Weapons Park for much of the rest. Still, my top wants are figures like Odiphus, Tuvar, Badra, Spirit, Cursed Marzo, and Princes Randor And Keldor.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

One important vintage variant we forgot to mention: toy colors Man-E-Faces! He looks so much better in orange.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post

https://i.imgur.com/rfCvVch.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/TviqKW5.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/ha61E3v.jpg
    I 100% want that slime Pit He-Man. I would like, if we are being crazypants, a more toy accurate Dragon Blaster head, Guerro head (or full figure), and the Evil Robot. Heck, I want a Classicized Jitsu vintage head. I've seen some customs that are maybe too literal (like I do not want an exact copy of the vintage head) but something like what they did with Vintage He Man head...yeah. Then the original head of Jitsu could be his Lord of Snake Mountain old Jitsu head? I dont know, just snowballing.

Heck for that matter, could you not do a new Jitsu figure literally identified under his name as "Lord of Snake Mountain" and have it be an update but with the vintage head? Maybe an ultimate? Maybe a more 200x design (for that crowd) but with this vintage head so you could switch? I dont know this idea is growing on me.

But mostly I want Slime Pit He-Man. And Guerro head.