Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Fan Comic: "Torn"

Evil Master of Propane Ghost of Vapor's Avatar
    Thanks to Killian, Patreek, sephron13, izdawiz, and bulun.

Stay tuned, as next week my schedule returns to normal and it should prove to be a good opportunity to add several new frames.
    Get Over HERE!: Visit www.retro-daze.com

Trade References: Rodimus75, pH6, Guard Of The South, Vegtablesam, xXBBestXx, Riddle of Steel, AdultCollector

My feedback thread.

Awesome! Can't wait!
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

This comic is so great, I especially love the interaction between He-man and Battle-Cat.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Recently added new frames!

Trade References: Rodimus75, pH6, Guard Of The South, Vegtablesam, xXBBestXx, Riddle of Steel, AdultCollector

My feedback thread.

Two more frames today. With these, you'll start to see the "meat" of the story begin to unfold.

My feedback thread.

Widget
    This is great! I felt like I was in a mix between an old silent film and a modern animated motion comic. Like the weekly nickle serials! Bravo!

Well done Ghost. I am impressed. Thank you for sharing.
    The Road goes ever on and on
    Down from the door where it began.
    Now far ahead the Road has gone,
    And I must Follow, if I can,
    Pursuing it with eager feet,
    Until it joins some larger way
    Where many paths and errands meet.
    And whither then? I cannot say.
    Bilbo Baggins

love the story keep up the good work!!

Thanks to Heidi, Allen, He-ron, and Major Prime for your comments. I wasn't sure if this was really still resonating within the community . . . so I hadn't done any work on it in a few days. Your comments have swayed me to keep moving forward with it for a while. Thanks!

My feedback thread.

I sure hope you continue this project! I love it! The most important thing, though, is if YOU love doing it!
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    This is awesome! Can't wait to see more!!!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    Me too ! I'm loving this new Masters' mini comic,I can't wait to see how it will go on,and what characters will be in !

This is AMAZING - very good story telling - I actually got an uneasy feeling at Grayskull. Please DO NOT STOP making this - and if she does feature in it, I wouldn't actually mind waiting till Jan to see the Sorceress.

How do you get the lips moving and all - just Photoshop??

Thanks.

Awesome comic.. totally in love with this type of comic art.. love the mix of the toy and digital art.. keep up the great work.

Just read part two.. I am guessing that Stratos is keeping a watchful eye on He-man
    I have two loves in my life... Halloween Click Here and He-man!Click here

You can also check out my new Halloween Online Store HereMOURNING NIGHTMARES HALLOWEEN STORE

If my my family asks.. its my wife and kids.

Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    I sure hope you continue this project! I love it! The most important thing, though, is if YOU love doing it!
    I am enjoying the fact that this type of art takes 1/4 of the time to complete, which has given me the freedom to tell a story without feeling wieghed down by the time consuming process of my traditional style (which usually results in me giving up on projects because of it). With this process, I can pump out 2 or 3 frames in one day. Meaning the possibility of 15 in a week. All while having a full-time managerial job, being a father to 3 great kids, and taking care of my wife. That's a lot of art for someone with so little free time. Thanks sephron!

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    This is awesome! Can't wait to see more!!!
    Thank you for the kind words Telkan. I do appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by cercatore79 View Post
    Me too ! I'm loving this new Masters' mini comic,I can't wait to see how it will go on,and what characters will be in !
    My hope is to include tons of characters, though most will only play small or bit parts. I need to keep the overall story focused on the primary characters affected. I hope you enjoy what is to come.

Quote Originally Posted by RafiS View Post
    This is AMAZING - very good story telling - I actually got an uneasy feeling at Grayskull. Please DO NOT STOP making this - and if she does feature in it, I wouldn't actually mind waiting till Jan to see the Sorceress.

How do you get the lips moving and all - just Photoshop??

Thanks.
    That's awesome RafiS. I hope I can stir up some more feelings of unease. The Sorceress will have a small role in the overall story. At the rate I am currently able to produce frames, I will most likely need to manipulate current images of her from the web. . . as she won't be available for a while. That is, unless Toyguru would like to supply me with a preview version.
    And yes, I manipulate the images in a poor man's Photoshop, called PAINT.NET.

Quote Originally Posted by MMANOR View Post
    Awesome comic.. totally in love with this type of comic art.. love the mix of the toy and digital art.. keep up the great work.

Just read part two.. I am guessing that Stratos is keeping a watchful eye on He-man
    Thanks for those words of encouragement MMANOR. As far as the beginning of PART 2 is concerned, time will tell. Is it Stratos?

My feedback thread.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Awesome job. Can't wait to see more.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

This is really well done!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Glad I decided to come to this site for more than just figures.

This is an excellent story so far, and I can feel for Adam right now (of course, I don't have the responsibility to be "He-Man", but still...). I lost both my parents within 2 years of each other, my father being last year. So it starting out slow and his mood, I can completely understand it.

This is looking great so far. When I saw the eye (or whatever it is) looking down on He-Man and Battlecat, my mind suddenly thought, "A pokeball?" (and I don't even like Pokemon!). I love the way you're putting this story together. Can't wait to see what comes up next!

My buddy and I do a puppet show online and we were going to use this same technique of comic-izing our characters for some stories. Now that I see how well it works out, I'm even more excited to try it on our own stuff!
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

I really enjoy this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Awesome job. Can't wait to see more.
    Thanks Jon-O. I'm doing my best to get as much done as I can each day.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    This is really well done!
    Very kind of you dl. I'm glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistico View Post
    Glad I decided to come to this site for more than just figures.

This is an excellent story so far, and I can feel for Adam right now (of course, I don't have the responsibility to be "He-Man", but still...). I lost both my parents within 2 years of each other, my father being last year. So it starting out slow and his mood, I can completely understand it.

This is looking great so far. When I saw the eye (or whatever it is) looking down on He-Man and Battlecat, my mind suddenly thought, "A pokeball?" (and I don't even like Pokemon!). I love the way you're putting this story together. Can't wait to see what comes up next!

My buddy and I do a puppet show online and we were going to use this same technique of comic-izing our characters for some stories. Now that I see how well it works out, I'm even more excited to try it on our own stuff!
    I'm sorry to hear of the unfortunate events you've been through recently. I tried to draw from the feelings I imagined I would feel, but I don't think there is any great way to make those feelings translate to something like this.

Pokeball! I'm glad that there is some uncertainty as to who or what that scene is showing. My goal is to keep the reader guessing on a number of levels with regard to the plot.

I too was not sure how well this could turn out, or if I had the digital art skills necessary to make it look decent. So I tried it out, played around with it, and then posted the results here. From there, I felt confident I could make it look decent enough to not draw attention away from the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo Merman View Post
    I really enjoy this.
    Excellent. It's good to know folks are getting some enjoyment out of it.
    Last edited by Ghost of Vapor; September 1, 2011 at 11:03pm.

My feedback thread.

I just got caught up with part 2 and that last shot of Marzo getting blasted is beautiful. You're really doing some amazing stuff here. I'm glad you're continuing this story, which is really taking off now.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Spectacular!

I am really impressed by everything about it. The visuals are amazing and the tone and pace of the story are spot on. I know it's just toys and photoshop, but man, it's realistic enough to make me forget about that immediately, so that I can focus on the story.

The muted tones and the colors and the style of it make it seem like we're reading an epic story told long ago. I hope the new MOTU movie is half as good as getting us to believe in the world it creates.

Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    I just got caught up with part 2 and that last shot of Marzo getting blasted is beautiful. You're really doing some amazing stuff here. I'm glad you're continuing this story, which is really taking off now.
    Thank a lot sephron! Yeah, finally some action scenes! Still, there will be many sequences of dialogue to continue setting the mood and explaining things.

Quote Originally Posted by izdawiz View Post
    Spectacular!

I am really impressed by everything about it. The visuals are amazing and the tone and pace of the story are spot on. I know it's just toys and photoshop, but man, it's realistic enough to make me forget about that immediately, so that I can focus on the story.

The muted tones and the colors and the style of it make it seem like we're reading an epic story told long ago. I hope the new MOTU movie is half as good as getting us to believe in the world it creates.
    I'm very glad it has been able to suspend your disbelief and feed your need for a decent story. That's all I wanted to accomplish with this . . . tell a halfway decent story.

UPDATE: 4 new frames went in today.
    Last edited by Ghost of Vapor; September 2, 2011 at 03:53pm.

My feedback thread.

Labor Day weekend here so . . . it'll be tomorrow before I get a chance to continue work on the story. Be sure to check in tomorrow for more.

My feedback thread.

Can't wait for more....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither