Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snakemen Army Builder Speculation Thread

Snakemen Army Builder Speculation Thread

The awesome mix & match options with the Palace Guards figure has made me consider what potential mix & match possibilities may exist with generic snake men army builder warriors, based on existing MOTU media (mini-comics, MYP and MVC).

What are the different possible snake men warrior bodies based on official media?

Perhaps this is best answered with pictures, such as from the King of the Snake Men mini-comic that first introduced King Hiss and his tribe:

So we have snake warriors:

- with and without tails (in about equal numbers)
    - horned or spiked heads
    - frog style heads with big open mouths
    - with cobra-style necks
    - wearing helmets
    - various styles of armor
    - red, green and orange skinned
    - clawed feet or boots

I really think we could have multiple 2-paks for potential generic snake men warriors with different skin-colours and swapable heads, etc. Essentially in the artwork above there are about 8 distinct different snake warrior types.

Personally, I'd like both green and orange/red snake men creatures and some with tails and without. Some with cobra necks and some without.

I wonder if anyone can add some pics of different generic snake warriors from the MYP toon or MVC comics, so we can catalogue the different potential options for snake men warriors in MOTUC.

PS. I don't mean fan created snake warriors, only those from existing MOTU media (which I guess also includes Kamo Khan)
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Well...plenty of generic ones in MYP. Here are all the ones from MVC comics though:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Thanks Darkspecter. A good mix of snakes with tails and without in that MVC collection.

I do like the look of the cobra neck warriors!

I should have said above that it would be cool if fans would nominate which snake men designs they would like to see in MOTUC army builders.

For my tastes, I like the 3 right-hand side snake men in the first panel of the vintage mini-comic; plus the warrior in panel 3 and the kobra necked warrior in the final panel who is pictured falling into the void.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I think that Snakemen based on the characters we see in the mini-comic would be the best way to go, and I also think that they would be the easiest to produce. Looking at the piture with the 6 snakeman in front of King Hiss, I can easily see a re-use of Kobra Khan, Rattlor and Squeeze' heads (just add helmets to them and different paint app's.)

Last edited by Captain Atkin; September 1, 2010 at 11:50am.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Any characters from King of the Snake Men would make my day as it's one of my favorite mini-comics.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Any characters from King of the Snake Men would make my day as it's one of my favorite mini-comics.
    I agree!!! It's definitely in my top 5 of the mini-comics!
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"

Heroic Warrior
    I just wanted to chime in saying that this is an excellent idea Swanmarsh. Love where your head is at. I'm thinking I'd be more excited for these than I would be Horde Troopers. Hopefully Matty is listening.

Heroic Warrior
    I must say that Horde Troopers and Snakemen soldiers are the army builders that make more sense to me... Probably because there are not that many Snakemen and Horde members to begin with.

There are MANY ways Mattel can give us cool snake troopers ! To be honest, I like ALL the models presented above !

I just pray there won't be any bendy stuff. Other than that, I'm ready to buy some Snakemen troopers !
    Last edited by Spectror; September 1, 2010 at 06:20pm.

I'd love to see some snake men based on that minicomic.

I'm just sad that Mattel don't have the rights to the UK comics. There were a few unique (and awesome-looking) unnamed snake men in there that I'd have wanted for MOTUC!

do mattel have the rights to the uk ladybird books???

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    do mattel have the rights to the uk ladybird books???
    Pretty sure that's a "no"

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Pretty sure that's a "no"
    well that's poo. do they have the rights to anything anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Well...plenty of generic ones in MYP.
    Any pics mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'm just sad that Mattel don't have the rights to the UK comics. There were a few unique (and awesome-looking) unnamed snake men in there that I'd have wanted for MOTUC!
    Any pics mate?

Would it be possible to get around the rights issue with mix & match snake trooper parts for fans to kit-bash a look similar to these UK snake warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Any pics mate?

Would it be possible to get around the rights issue with mix & match snake trooper parts for fans to kit-bash a look similar to these UK snake warriors?
    I believe most of the UK comics have been scanned and are up on the site under "Media -> Magazines -> UK". I would love to make a collage of them myself, but I don't have a working scanner right now.

There's one snake man with four arms, a few more toad-like ones, and all sorts of cool stuff.

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Well, those in the minicomics and the mvc comics all look pretty cool.
    And, since everyone seems to be crazy about anythig female, i'd say i would not mind the slave girl too.
    The thing i hope they'll do, however, is treating the snakesmen "classic style", that basiclly means that, whyle they are essentially a faction by themselves, in Eternia they constantly work alongside Skeletor and his crew. I was never crazy for he racist, petty xenophobic dudes (a silly trait for a race itself so varied) they were reinvented into the 200x cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by coptur View Post
    well that's poo. Do they have the rights to anything anymore
    ....Amen !

I would very gladly buy up an army of snakemen, especially if they were anywhere near as awesome in execution as the Guards we are getting soon. A two pack with a green body and a different orange/red body would rock, especially with four swappable heads (two of each color, I would assume). Then, later, Mattel could release the same set again, with all of teh colors reversed, allowing for even more variety. The included weapons could be snake staffs, the swords, shields, and balster rifles seen in the mini-comic, and perhaps even a pet snae or two. Plug in tails (bendy or otherwise, I don't care either way, really) for each body (though hidden,so as not to be an eyesore when not in use) would make these sets rock even more!

ALSO: While I think that the main snake warriors Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Snake Face, Rattlor, and (of course) King Hssss are a given, as is an army-builder set (or two!)...I must wholeheartedly vouch for the inclusion of King Hssss' Slave Girl in MOTUC!!! (You can see her in the above comic panels and my esteemed colleague Jean's avatar.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    ...I must wholeheartedly vouch for the inclusion of King Hssss' Slave Girl in MOTUC!!! (You can see her in the above comic panels and my esteemed colleague Jean's avatar.)
    Love that idea. Maybe she could be tide in with all the family relations.

Like she was rescued by Lord Bryon, we still donīt know who Veenas mother is and at least there we would see an explanation for Veenas darker hair(she seems to have almost black eyebrows) while he seemed to be a red-head...

Just a thought...!?
    Last edited by Niki; September 2, 2010 at 07:22pm.

I guess I will have to look up the archives for those old UK comics.

A 4 armed snake man sounds very interesting.

Plug in tails (bendy or otherwise, I don't care either way, really) for each body (though hidden,so as not to be an eyesore when not in use) would make these sets rock even more!
    Yes, I'd be very happy with this. A tail plug hole hidden underneath the loincloth.

However, given Whiplash's scaly new torso buck, with the plugs in the back, I wonder if Mattel would be more likely to attach snake tails to the back similar to Whippy?

ALSO: While I think that the main snake warriors Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Snake Face, Rattlor, and (of course) King Hssss are a given, as is an army-builder set (or two!)...I must wholeheartedly vouch for the inclusion of King Hssss' Slave Girl in MOTUC!!! (You can see her in the above comic panels and my esteemed colleague Jean's avatar.)
    Slave Girl doesn't appear to be even a snake person - just a bikini wearing human who in the new canon is probably just King Hiss' lunch!

I wonder if Slave Girl is in reality a captured Sharella/archer woman from the giant box art. There doesn't appear to be much difference.

Eiether way, get that chick made!

Shoot, the buck it would require would be useful for DC Comics bikini Teela anyhow, so there's more bang for the buck. (That works on so many levels here.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Some snakes in a flashback scene from the UK comics #27:

PS. It looks like Mer-Man's corn sword was originally a weapon of the snake men back in Preternia days

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    PS. It looks like Mer-Man's corn sword was originally a weapon of the snake men back in Preternia days
    Well, keep in mind that the deity Serpos was originally the god of the merpeople, and that's not really taken out of thin air...

I saw JEAN is asking Toyguru if or when there is gonna be female character character for the snakemen.

Now I canīt remember, i know i saw some pictures of female snake-women are those all Fan-Fiction???

And i still think the Slavegirl should get a figure with a Bio, if itīs my idea as possible Veenas mother or Swanmarhs Sharella/arch woman idea!!!!!!!!

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Yes, i agree with the slave girlthing (indeed i thik i was the first to raise the issue in this thread). She looks pretty simple to ake, is colourful and she either is proof that Hiss (or Hsss, if you prefer) is not the only snakemen that can appear as a human, or that, indeed, snakesmen have a taste (and i dont mean a culinary taste, like the silly 200x cartoon) for humans.
    Maybe snakesmen are only born male, from a female human parent?
    Who knows.

Chimingin on this, Looking to add to the ranks of the snakemen, I was thinking about adding two more Snakemen. Now I know that we dont have the rights to filmation, but if we ever do, They could have Fangman as a Kobra Khan like figure in that he works for Skelator, secretly looking to free king hiss from the Void but when Skelator leaves him back in time, Khan is able to release him and tell King Hiss that Fangman was left back in time and uses his magic to bring him back. To add to the story have Triclops somehow involved. The other major character that could be added is Filmation Tung (lashor). Now to make him different from the Tung Lashor we already now, We could change his name to Tanglor(orginal name of Squeeze) Since the design of the two is so drastically different. Just a way to add the the ranks of King Hiss if we ever get the rights of Filmation someday!