Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official Support for a Filmation He-Man Variant Thread

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I will pass.

there needs to be a end point to all the variants. and for me, this doesn't have enough "differences" to be considered anything worth getting.

after you make it ´classics´, isn´t a filmation he-man just going to be a change of colours? this sounds so much like the 200x head debate, i think the same answer is going to apply to filmation.

i don't want straight up repaints in the sub - i want my variants to be stuff like TP he-man, best save it for the 'refresh' of figures later on down the line. if you want a mini line of straight up repaints outside of the sub (like the create-a-character approach) then i wouldn't mind.

im in 100% i want to see a filmation he-man by the 4 horseman
    i like my custom but i wonder how they could improve the head to make him more accurate

and of course please teela head......................!!!!!!!!!!! they have to make a filmation teela and all the pop girls must be a filmation ones!!!!!! after those ones only hordak and skeletor should be in a filmation style also!!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Sorry, but no. If they want to give us a Filmaton head, they need to give us a MYP head as well.
    Yep, I'm not one for a double-standard. Those of us like me who wanted MYP heads for Buzz-Off, Clawful, and Roboto kept hearing "This is MOTU Classics not 200X!" can now repeat that very same thing about a Filmation interpretation.

This is MOTU Classics, not Filmation Classics!!!

Joking aside, I've already said that I'd like a REALISTIC Filmation He-Man headsculpt, but to be fair, we'd need an MYP version as well. No double-standards.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Yep, I'm not one for a double-standard. Those of us like me who wanted MYP heads for Buzz-Off, Clawful, and Roboto kept hearing "This is MOTU Classics not 200X!" can now repeat that very same thing about a Filmation interpretation.

This is MOTU Classics, not Filmation Classics!!!

Joking aside, I've already said that I'd like a REALISTIC Filmation He-Man headsculpt, but to be fair, we'd need an MYP version as well. No double-standards.
    One step at a time people! (I'm using Filmation as a stepping stone to campaign for a MYP He-Man too...)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Sorry, but no. If they want to give us a Filmaton head, they need to give us a MYP head as well. That is the only way I would accept it.
    I have no problem with this! LOTS of people want both versions, so I don't see why not!

But the ONLY reason I think we have a better chance of getting a Filmation head is that it still seems like someone at Mattel is still afraid of 200X, but we're now getting the 200X Keldor swords, so it would seem that anything is possible!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

If a support thread gets little to no support does it still make it official?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Assuming we'll see a He-Man and a Skeletor variant once a year, once Flying Fist He-Man, Laser Power He-Man, NA He-Man, Snake Armor He-Man, Ice Aromr He-Man and "Battleground He-Man" get done, Mattel will need a Filmation He-Man for a refresh.

But that won't be for a very long time. I don't think we'll see "Battleground He-Man" for a long while. Even if we do see both of them, they might be optional figures like She-Ra 2.0 was.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Do you guys just want the colors as a variant or a straight up figure like this, with all the good details sanded out?
    For me, not quite.

Those colors, but Buzz-Off colored skin. Filmation He-Man is way darker than original He-Man. Original He-Man has the same colored skin as Teela! That's not a tan, that's normal skin color.

I'd say keep the details on the belt, bracelets and boots in, except for the harness.

My recipe for this variant: Classicized Filmation head ala Adora or She-Ra, Simplistic blue harness, blue removable scabbard on back, long Filmation power sword, repainted regular MOTUC Power Sword and alternate MOTUC He-Man head in Filmation colors. 4 new pieces. BAM.

That same long Filmation Power Sword can be re-used for an upcoming She-Ra variant.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 13, 2011 at 07:30pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    One step at a time people! (I'm using Filmation as a stepping stone to campaign for a MYP He-Man too...)
    Well, Filmation rights have just been acquired, and already we've been shown the Filmation interpretations of the Sorceress, Shadow Weaver, Queen Marlena, and Cringer. Before that we already had Buzz-Off and Roboto who are also Filmation interpretations. The way I see it, Mattel is off to a VERY fast start to their Filmation characters.

Yet, MYP fans have been waiting for almost 3 years and they STILL don't have MYP interpretations of main characters like He-Man, Buzz-Off, Roboto, King Randor, or the Sorceress. Hopefully, that changes soon and we get at least one Filmation and one MYP A-list variant each year.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    If a support thread gets little to no support does it still make it official?
    Duuuude, that was loooooow!

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Well, Filmation rights have just been acquired, and already we've been shown the Filmation interpretations of the Sorceress, Shadow Weaver, Queen Marlena, and Cringer. Before that we already had Buzz-Off and Roboto who are also Filmation interpretations. The way I see it, Mattel is off to a VERY fast start to their Filmation characters.

Yet, MYP fans have been waiting for almost 3 years and they STILL don't have MYP interpretations of main characters like He-Man, Buzz-Off, Roboto, King Randor, or the Sorceress. Hopefully, that changes soon and we get at least one Filmation and one MYP A-list variant each year.
    We DID get Marzo, Carnivus, Keldor, Faceless one (showing more leg), 3 KGs... but now FISTO is one step closer to what I'd like to see in MOTUC... (which in MY OPINION should've been done from the beginning.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Matty doesn't seem to get the essence of the question.

What's even more odd is that they're naysaying the very exact thing ("sofa bed") they're doing with their 6" scale Young Justice figures, having a stylized head on the somewhat stylistically mismatched bodies.

Really though, because the word "Filmation" automatically conjures images of a very low detail, highly animated style, maybe people should be asking for a "William George He-Man" instead.

Wouldn't that be pretty much what is requested here? A new head with the more neatly chopped page boy, a new harness with the bigger + symbol, and then a more detailed 4H interpretation of a Filmation-esque Power Sword thrown in, and you've got a pretty awesome He-Variant.

I do agree with Matty though that a truly full-on Filmation stylized look would be best suited to a separate line, more along the lines of simple JLU-style figures, and they'd make for great boxed sets!

I wouldn't want one. Not because of low detail - I know 4H would fix that...but because a slightly bigger symbol, different harness and a more 'neatly' chopped page boy just don't seem enough of a variant for me.
    All caught up on figures...now what

Quote Originally Posted by RavenousPuma View Post
    I wouldn't want one. Not because of low detail - I know 4H would fix that...but because a slightly bigger symbol, different harness and a more 'neatly' chopped page boy just don't seem enough of a variant for me.
    Not even darker Buzz-Off colored skin?!

Don't forget the Scabbard for the sword and the Male version of Adora's sword (minus the jewel)

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    We DID get Marzo, Carnivus, Keldor, Faceless one (showing more leg), 3 KGs...
    I was referring to A-list variants. Although I like the figures you've mentioned, NONE of them are A-list characters. The upcoming Evil-Lyn is close but she really should have had a new outfit to match the Faceless One.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I totally agree! We NEED a filmation He-man. I DON'T GET Toyguru's point about "sofa beds". He said that basically, they can't do filmation series in the line because they would look 'different' and 'at odd' with the other figures...

... But wait, look at Shadow weaver, Adora, Orko and Cringer... They look EXACTLY like their filmation counterpart! There's nothing "Classic-ized" about them. So why would a Filmation accurate He-man or Teela would be different?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    So some of you guys know I like doing silly mock-ups.

So here's a silly mock-up to illustrate just ONE way of doing a non-literal translation of the Filmation look into MOTUC:

Kind of a Filmation/William George hybrid look . . . who would be down for something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    i totally agree! We need a filmation he-man. I don't get toyguru's point about "sofa beds". He said that basically, they can't do filmation series in the line because they would look 'different' and 'at odd' with the other figures...

... But wait, look at shadow weaver, adora, orko and cringer... They look exactly like their filmation counterpart! There's nothing "classic-ized" about them. So why would a filmation accurate he-man or teela would be different?
    Quoted for TRUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    So some of you guys know I like doing silly mock-ups.

So here's a silly mock-up to illustrate just ONE way of doing a non-literal translation of the Filmation look into MOTUC:

Kind of a Filmation/William George hybrid look . . . who would be down for something like that?
    ME!!! that looks great! If I got a 3D printer, could I print that head?! If so, I just might have to get one!
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; August 14, 2011 at 03:00pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Not even darker Buzz-Off colored skin?!
    The George Hamilton-esque tan of Filmation He-Man was nothing more than one of Filmation's many "cost-effective" methods of differentiating He-Man from Prince Adam while pretty much using the exact same animation model for both. As I said earlier, Filmation He-Man is nothing more than the Vintage He-Man figure model simplified for cost effective animating purposes. If Mattel does not want to make an MYP He-Man because the differences in appearance are too minimal in their opinion, then why should they spend any resources whatsoever on creating a variant that in reality is nothing more than a detail-less version of a figure which was already updated for this line?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    You know, If Filmation could, they would have made the character designs more realistic to the toys and included more details so they would have looked more like the toys.

The only reason why they had less detail was because animation back in the day was very expensive. Filmation had to make a lot of cut-backs in detail and styles. This is why He-man didn't have his squares in his chest harness.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    The George Hamilton-esque tan of Filmation He-Man was nothing more than one of Filmation's many "cost-effective" methods of differentiating He-Man from Prince Adam while pretty much using the exact same animation model for both. As I said earlier, Filmation He-Man is nothing more than the Vintage He-Man figure model simplified for cost effective animating purposes. If Mattel does not want to make an MYP He-Man because the differences in appearance are too minimal in their opinion, then why should they spend any resources whatsoever on creating a variant that in reality is nothing more than a detail-less version of a figure which was already updated for this line?
    Actually, Mattel does want to make a 200X He-Man.

Answers to WTFWTK 2.51

4. Sabertooth:
    In Pixel Dan's video review of reissue King Grayskull we have seen that a classic'ized version of 200X He-Man can be created by combining pieces of the reissue King Grayskull figure, the Man-at-Arms figure and the He-Man figure. Does this mean that a classic'ized version of 200X He-Man will not get a unique release in the MOTUC line?

In all honestly this was not intentional and was a nice bonus. We would still love to tackle a “classicized” version of 200X He-Man one day and, yes, he would look very similar to the kit bash fans have created using King Grayskull’s body and He-Man head. Likely the changes would include recolored belts and bracelets as well as a new chest piece that did not have the cape holders on the shoulder. Nothing too drastically different. He would certainly have the same head and body.

Heroic Warrior
    Actually, Mattel does want to make a 200X He-Man.
    The post you quoted basically says that if there were a "200X He-Man" in classics, it would be nothing more than a parts reuse with only slight retooling to the harness and utilizing the exact same He-Man head we've used on at least 8 figures already. By that precedent, Filmation He-man will most likely be nothing more than a repaint with slightly different tones of the existing colors and maybe a different hairpiece or sword. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    The post you quoted basically says that if there were a "200X He-Man" in classics, it would be nothing more than a parts reuse with only slight retooling to the harness and utilizing the exact same He-Man head we've used on at least 8 figures already. By that precedent, Filmation He-man will most likely be nothing more than a repaint with slightly different tones of the existing colors and maybe a different hairpiece or sword. Maybe.
    Which is what some of us want. A Filmation repaint and redeco of MOTUC He-Man in the Classics style, with Buzz-Off dark skin, a new hairpiece, harness and maybe a scabbard. This camp is not looking for an animated buck like the 6" Young Justice figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Which is what some of us want. A Filmation repaint and redeco of MOTUC He-Man in the Classics style, with Buzz-Off dark skin, a new hairpiece, harness and maybe a scabbard. This camp is not looking for an animated buck like the 6" Young Justice figures.
    I don't think anyone in any camp was expecting the use of a new/different buck. That said, He-Man already has the following variations and/or repaints:
    - He-Man
    - He-Man (DC Comics Variant from DC vs MOTUC 2 Pack)
    - Battle Armor He-Man
    - Faker
    - Wun-Dar
    - Prince Adam
    - Battle Armor Faker
    - Thunder Punch He-Man (Revealed, coming soon)

That's already 8 different versions of the same figure with changes to the deco and different accessories. I highly doubt Mattel and/or the 4 Horsemen will anytime soon create another variant that for all intents and purposes will be based on the simplified version of a figure that they already updated. At least if/when they get to Oo-Lar, Oo-Lar is supposed a different character. Filmation He-Man on the other hand is basically Classics He-Man, just small differneces based on interpretation/art style. If Mattel/4H decide they do want to tackle a Filmation He-Man, it most likely won't be for a long time.