Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official Support for a Filmation He-Man Variant Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    You know, If Filmation could, they would have made the character designs more realistic to the toys and included more details so they would have looked more like the toys.

The only reason why they had less detail was because animation back in the day was very expensive. Filmation had to make a lot of cut-backs in detail and styles. This is why He-man didn't have his squares in his chest harness.
    Exactly! It's not like they were lazy--quite the opposite! Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but He-Man was the first animated series to do 5 new episodes a week when before that any other show only had one new one per week, like a regular TV show. So of course they had to cut back on detail in order to fill such a large order, but the fact that they didn't WANT to do that is proven by the pre-cartoon series commercials they did for the toys where everything is MUCH more detailed and toy-accurate.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    I don't think anyone in any camp was expecting the use of a new/different buck. That said, He-Man already has the following variations and/or repaints:
    - He-Man
    - He-Man (DC Comics Variant from DC vs MOTUC 2 Pack)
    - Battle Armor He-Man
    - Faker
    - Wun-Dar
    - Prince Adam
    - Battle Armor Faker
    - Thunder Punch He-Man (Revealed, coming soon)

That's already 8 different versions of the same figure with changes to the deco and different accessories. I highly doubt Mattel and/or the 4 Horsemen will anytime soon create another variant that for all intents and purposes will be based on the simplified version of a figure that they already updated. At least if/when they get to Oo-Lar, Oo-Lar is supposed a different character. Filmation He-Man on the other hand is basically Classics He-Man, just small differneces based on interpretation/art style. If Mattel/4H decide they do want to tackle a Filmation He-Man, it most likely won't be for a long time.
    It doesn't have to be immediately, so long as we know it's on the table. Many of us are in this for the long haul, so we can wait.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I would not think twice about buying a Filmation He-Man. I'm sure 4H would do him justice!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Hmmm.... I love Filmations and all but to have a variant that's less detailed and less sculpted as such kinda makes me want to pass on it. The figures should have more detailing than thier toon counterparts.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Hmmm.... I love Filmations and all but to have a variant that's less detailed and less sculpted as such kinda makes me want to pass on it. The figures should have more detailing than thier toon counterparts.
    I'm not saying they should make a whole new buck with less muscle definition and smooth boots, belt and bracers, but a variant in the same way Thunder Punch He-Man is a variant. He'd just need a new head, hand, sword, armor and sheath on his back, all of which would look just great with the 4HM doing the sculpting!

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Honestly, I want all Filmation core characters & I would love to see them coming in this format :

1) Skeletor, 2) Hordak, 3) Teela, 4) Evil-Lyn, 5) Prince Adam, 6) Mer Man, 7) Beast Man, & IF NEEDED : 8) Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops !

I dont mind seeing them with few extra details (like He-Man Bracers & design tights ETC)

I'll buy all this in NO TIME!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Well, a big pass for me. I kinda hated the way that He-Man was portrayed in the cartoon. I also don't see the differences from his animated model to his MOTUC figure being sufficent to justify a new figure, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Honestly, I want all Filmation core characters & I would love to see them coming in this format :

1) Skeletor, 2) Hordak, 3) Teela, 4) Evil-Lyn, 5) Prince Adam, 6) Mer Man, 7) Beast Man, & IF NEEDED : 8) Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops !

I dont mind seeing them with few extra details (like He-Man Bracers & design tights ETC)

I'll buy all this in NO TIME!!!!
    Yeah, they would of course be put through the "classicize machine", which has worked great on 200X figures so I know it would work great on Filmation, too!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Just do him, not!
    I want an Alcala He-Man head for my Alcala Skeletor

I'd buy plenty of Filmation Characters. My childhood has always been based on the bulky toys & the influence of the 80's cartoon. Very excited & I welcome w/ open arms all Filmation characters. Hell, I'd think it'd be neat to have a Filmation sticker on it. I know, enough w/ all the stickers. Don't know if that would be possible.

In my reasoning, and by all means, my reasoning alone I believe that Demo-Man is a GREAT example of this concept:

Release a figure, but inclued three to four "pieces", not using the term attachments/accesories, we've seen this with the Goddess figure as well, it can be Oo-Lar or another similar figure/or one that coincieds with a bio; That has certain "pieces" to construct an already exsisting figure, as with Demo-Man including Alcala Skeletor head, and release a figure that will give fans what they want, a Filmation He-Man head and a Harness with a sheath Attachment, the sword could be included with a future Weapons Pak or the figure itself.

I agree and support this idea. I consider the Filmation versions of He-Man and Skeletor more iconic than the vintage toy versions (and definitely more than 200x). Honestly if Mattel has no problem creating a comic-style Skeletor head for Demo Man, I don't see why this would be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Man Fan View Post
    I agree and support this idea. I consider the Filmation versions of He-Man and Skeletor more iconic than the vintage toy versions (and definitely more than 200x). Honestly if Mattel has no problem creating a comic-style Skeletor head for Demo Man, I don't see why this would be any different.
    Agreed! On all points!

Is This Thread Died ?

I thought the Support for Filmation variants are MORE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Is This Thread Died ?

I thought the Support for Filmation variants are MORE !!!
    Sounds good to me! Let's bring it back to life!!!

Heroic Warrior
    There are VERY few filmation repaints i would actually buy. Most of the time, the toy versions were vastly superiour ANYWAY...

However, I DO have a soft spot in my heart for Filmation He-man and Skeletor. I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Also want a Filmation Mer-man... and the Right armor for MAA... Seriously... SOME varient of him HAS to get the full armor

I dont know. I want a Filmation Skeletor Head, but I feel like the TRU He-Man was enough "filmation He-Man" for me.

Filmation Hordak is far more important and neccessary, with a Skeletor Filmation head being second.

A "Filmation" He-Man just feels quite unneccesary comared to many other things. I may feel different if I didnt have the TRU He-Man.

Oh, and consider the repaint point that Matty makes. You wouldnt be getting that new sculpt stuff. And even with a new head it just isnt enough to warrent a new fig.

Here's my attempt at a FILMATION HE-MAN!! He's my definite HE-MAN for my collection!! I would still definitely buy a official Mattel Filmation He-Man!! DSC_0566.jpg
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

I honestly have no desire for a FILMation He-Man variant ... for me it would be a waste of money.

The only FILMation variants I would consider for my own collection would be someone like Clawful, whose design was different enough from his vintage look that he could be an entirely different character. He-Man, Skeletor, Man-at-Arms, Teela ... FILMation variants of these guys do nothing for me.

A couple "classics-ized" FILMation heads thrown in here and there could be cool though (Mer-Man comes to mind) ...

I would absolutely love a filmation he-man. I always wished as a kid my he-man figure looked like the cartoon more. I'm totally on board with this!