Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **SPOILER** Mini-Comic discussion (for those who read it)

**SPOILER** Mini-Comic discussion (for those who read it)

hi!

i just read the mini-comic and i'm quite excited how it will go on. how did you like it?

i noticed that King Hiss doesn't have his normal snake staff but the Staff of Ka. i'm sure this will be the ultimate weapon to eventually defeat the Snake Men. Maybe He-Man gives it to the new Sorceress/Teela and she transforms into her snake armor form. in the comic her outfit, the bird cloak, looks quite provisional.

what's your opinion?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Oh wow, you're right on the Staff of Ka! I didn't even notice that! I just figured it was supposed to be his snake staff, since that's the one on the cover.

Very cool. Teela might transform into "The Goddess" since she is a clone, just like the original mini-comics (*sigh* @ Teela being a clone).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

yes. that would be great. i always thought Teela and the Goddess were one and the same.

maybe when she dies (some time in the future) her spirit travels back in time to fulfill her destiny and Eternia's history.

i wonder if she now knows that Adam is He-Man.

I've been wondering about Teela being The Goddess... and maybe they co-exist in modern times because The Goddess is a spirit.

BUT, The Goddess is named "Sharella."

So did Teela change her name? Is Sharella code for Sorceress Teela??

I just hope the Teela/Goddess/Sorceress/Sharella/Snake Armor/Staff issues are explained via these mini-comics!

I want that Sorceress Cloak for BG Teela.

It would be cool if we got a "Sorceress Teela" figure with the blonde tiara head, mini-comic tunic (from The Ordeal of MEF) and the Sorceress cloak.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    i wonder if she now knows that Adam is He-Man.
    I would imagine, that as older Sorceress steps down (or dies), the new Sorceress will be told of the Twin Swords. And everything about those they are destined for.

So yeah. I reckon she knows.

I have a question about the mini-comic... I'm not a native english speaker and I'm not sure how interpret a key phrase.

On page 6, King Hss said "The Unnamed one wishes us to crush this resistance quickly! (...)"

Is he speaking about Skeletor (next to him) or about a mystery one (like the vintage comic) ?

And what's your opinion about him ? Horde Prime?

if i'm not mistaken this mysterious guy without a name was supposed to be Keldor in the original mini-comic! he was supposed to be the arch enemy in Preternia toyline (apart from King Hiss). but they might have changed it be Horde Prime or maybe Demo-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I've been wondering about Teela being The Goddess... and maybe they co-exist in modern times because The Goddess is a spirit.

BUT, The Goddess is named "Sharella."
    i thought about that, too. maybe Teela/Sorceress changed her name to disguise herself - just like He-Man disguises his identity. or "sharella" means "sorceress/goddess" in ancient Preternian lore. or simply "clone".
    Last edited by danvin; August 13, 2011 at 04:13pm.

I want Gorgone to be the Unnamed One, like Darkspecter suggested one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    I have a question about the mini-comic... I'm not a native english speaker and I'm not sure how interpret a key phrase.

On page 6, King Hss said "The Unnamed one wishes us to crush this resistance quickly! (...)"

Is he speaking about Skeletor (next to him) or about a mystery one (like the vintage comic) ?

And what's your opinion about him ? Horde Prime?
    Originally in 87-version, according to the creators who were later interviewed, The Unnamed One was sort the Palpatin-character to Keldor's Anakin turned Vader Skeletor.

Skeletor is NOT the Unnamed One.
    King Hiss refers, that the skull-faced character coming to them is a sign, in the sense that the Unnamed One has sent him there.

Just like in the Original Mini-Comic King Hiss thinks that Skeletor is the emissary working for the Unnamed One.

It's going to be FOREVER before we know what happens in the second mini-comic--like May or June 2012!!!!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I want Gorgone to be the Unnamed One, like Darkspecter suggested one time.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...ee/Page-47.jpg
    I WOULD LOVE THIS!!!! she is becoming my fav character

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Originally in 87-version, according to the creators who were later interviewed, The Unnamed One was sort the Palpatin-character to Keldor's Anakin turned Vader Skeletor.

Skeletor is NOT the Unnamed One.
    King Hiss refers, that the skull-faced character coming to them is a sign, in the sense that the Unnamed One has sent him there.

Just like in the Original Mini-Comic King Hiss thinks that Skeletor is the emissary working for the Unnamed One.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/collect_toy/082.jpg
    Thanks a lot for your answer Jukka! I was not sure about that when I read the comic.
    Cool... So, I'm impatient to read the following !!

Hey everybody,

Please keep in mind that this comic is copyrighted material so scans, pictures, links to scans, etc. are not allowed to be posted. Anyone doing so, and anyone requesting illegal scans will have their posts deleted.

Thanks for your help!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    The comic is awesome!
    I like that He-Man now gets his Disguise from one of the Snakemen. Opens up the possibility of creating a new Snakeman variant using PD He-Man parts.
    And the Bionatops now is my number one beast I wanna see in the line. Him and the Tyrantisaurus need to be made!
    I loved the drawings of Rattlor, but I hope we get parts to turn the MOTUC figure into the general. I'd buy a second one for sure.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I think the Staff of Ka is an ancient powerful magic weapon that in the end will somehow lead to the demise of the Snakemen. I don't think Teela knows it's true potential. As for the unnamed one I think he is a character that we don't know and yet will be introduced. I think the idea of him being Demo-man would be cool and work out for the best story.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Okay, did I miss something? I don't see a single news bit anywhere and this thread seems to be talking about the comic as if it's out and about. What's goin' on?
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Okay, did I miss something? I don't see a single news bit anywhere and this thread seems to be talking about the comic as if it's out and about. What's goin' on?
    The comics were handed out at the Mattel Panel at SDCC.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    most of you are talking about the staff of ka being the key to rid hsss & the snakemen, but was thinking it had something to do with the three towers. he-ro has figured out the answer. problem is he died long ago back during preternia.

maybe the Staff of Ka can trigger a hidden device in Central Tower. or maybe we're all wrong but i'm sure we'll see snake armor Teela in the comics ere long.

what i don't get is that Teela says she will disguise the power sword - but then He-Man uses it (and it looks the same).
    Last edited by danvin; August 13, 2011 at 09:39pm.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I don't get how Castle Grayskull can be free while Skeletor is proclaiming himself to be king (at least until the Horde took over, I guess) and yet the good guys are hiding out in caves. Something doesn't quite add up.

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    I can't believe I didn't notice that King Hsss is using the Staff of Ka! That is just fantastic! I love it when such legendary items are used at different times by different people, it gives them as great an importance as the main characters, which makes the mythos even richer, and more awe-inspiring to read. Love it!
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Yeah I wish I knew where everyone was reading this thing...... Kinda irritating waiting 20 years and only sdcc people get to read it now.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Yeah I wish I knew where everyone was reading this thing...... Kinda irritating waiting 20 years and only sdcc people get to read it now.
    I had to get it on Ebay, because I didn't see anything about it anywhere online either.

Quote Originally Posted by danvin View Post
    what i don't get is that Teela says she will disguise the power sword - but then He-Man uses it (and it looks the same).
    Maybe it looks the same to us, but to those actually involved, there is some type of distraction/disorientation charm placed on the sword. Like, what they see isn't what is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    I don't get how Castle Grayskull can be free while Skeletor is proclaiming himself to be king (at least until the Horde took over, I guess) and yet the good guys are hiding out in caves. Something doesn't quite add up.
    Well, I think we have to keep in mind that King Randor didn't control Grayskull, either. It's possible to overrun the good guys and not overrun the Sorceress.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Kinda irritating waiting 20 years and only sdcc people get to read it now.
    Cheer up. It's not like we con-goers got an exclusive. We just got an early release. You'll get yours eventually.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Cheer up. It's not like we con-goers got an exclusive. We just got an early release. You'll get yours eventually.

Tell that to Queen Marlena.......
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael