Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official support for a Classicized MYP He-Man and Skeletor!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Well, If we got an Alcala Skeletor head there's NO reason they can't do 200X interpretations of characters. I say bring 'em on.

(Even though it's never gonna happen. *sigh*)
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

as long as it is ´classicsified´ then i don´t have anything against it and would pick one up, but i would really rather get true variants first and get these towards the end of the line... or have them released sooner as a bonus outside of the sub like she-ra2.0

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeMonkey View Post
    Well, If we got an Alcala Skeletor head there's NO reason they can't do 200X interpretations of characters. I say bring 'em on.
    Agreed 100%!

Especially He-Man and Skeletor should have as many options to cull from as possible for each fan to make his or her own personally "most iconic" version.

For some that will be the Alcala Skelly head, and for others it'd be a "scarier" more 200x influenced version.

Though for He-Man I'm not necessarily hoping for a totally MYP-accurate ears-showing mullet.
    I think I'd much prefer longer hair closer to this:

And the stern, but calmer expression as opposed to the gritted teeth grimacing one we've had 17 times.

This would also be a great excuse to get some resculpted He-Weapons, the shield and axe in particular, not necessarily all tricked out with electronics but much more detailed and closer to the intent of the vintage He-Man weapons from the design drawings and artwork.

Just sayin', the latest highly-detailed elegance of most of the recent accessories has left the original He-Gear looking bland and plastic-y by comparison.

Heroic Warrior
    Preternia Diguise He-Man has also the 200x Skeletor hood...

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Agreed 100%!

Especially He-Man and Skeletor should have as many options to cull from as possible for each fan to make his or her own personally "most iconic" version.

For some that will be the Alcala Skelly head, and for others it'd be a "scarier" more 200x influenced version.

Though for He-Man I'm not necessarily hoping for a totally MYP-accurate ears-showing mullet.
    I think I'd much prefer longer hair closer to this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...comparenew.jpg

And the stern, but calmer expression as opposed to the gritted teeth grimacing one we've had 17 times.

This would also be a great excuse to get some resculpted He-Weapons, the shield and axe in particular, not necessarily all tricked out with electronics but much more detailed and closer to the intent of the vintage He-Man weapons from the design drawings and artwork.

Just sayin', the latest highly-detailed elegance of most of the recent accessories has left the original He-Gear looking bland and plastic-y by comparison.
    i like that head on him

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Only out of the sub...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    YES YES YES! the more MYP the better!
    and remember they have Demo-man feet now so no new tooling there
    demo man only has 4 toes so they wouldn't work.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I am absolutely in for these. I would be more excited for skelly, but would snap both up in a heartbeat. I would definitely like them better than more vintage variants (well, maybe dragon blaster skeletor...).
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I don't care what you wanna call them, just bring them on...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

YES! Could you imagine a MOTUC Skeletor with the same or similar head as Darkkosis' avatar? It would be wallet-surrendingly-good. I like the Ze-Man's 200x style head and would be happy if they just did those tweaks .
    My wish, which I know is not impossible but improbable, would be for He-Man to be a bit larger than the standard figure. Maybe it’s just me but I always got the impression that the 200x He-Man was physically bigger than the rest of the heroes save Moss Man and Ram-Man.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    YES! Could you imagine a MOTUC Skeletor with the same or similar head as Darkkosis' avatar? It would be wallet-surrendingly-good. I like the Ze-Man's 200x style head and would be happy if they just did those tweaks .
    That would be SO AWESOME!!!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I already voted for 200X Skeletor in the Variant Idol thread, so I wholeheartedly support this idea. The five-toed feet are a must, as is the "Preternia" hood and the new forearms. They can reuse Keldor's cape and we have already been promised the twin swords, so it shouldn't be too much to ask. I could even accept a compromise where they use the vintage style skull inside the hood and the same forearms as with Keldor just as long as they get the feet and the hood right.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Since we have a support for a Filmation inspired Classics He-Man, it's just as fair to have one for MYP He-Man and Skeletor.
    WARNING! Read this before posting:
    The suggestion is that these two are meant to be non-sub items like the 30th Ann. figs, BP She-Ra, X-Mas KG, etc.

Mattel would need to do MORE than a simple repaint for these guys work properly.

He-Man would need 3 New pieces (Minimum):
    -Head with ears (can be reused for the NA Ponytail head)
    -MYP longish hair which I'll refer as He-Mullet just to have a catchy name for it... (Kinda the same way that Leech is a slug)
    -a True 200X Harness Classicized.
    Optional: a removable 200X Belt with Sporran like they did with Fisto

Skeletor would require a bit more new pieces:
    -New demonic Skull to go with the Hamburglar He-Man hood.
    -New Arms Based on the Whiplash arms BUT with bracers similar to Draego-Man's
    -New Loincloth (A "Preternian" version of Skeletor's loincloth)
    -The Swords
    -Five fingered "demonic" Feet
    fingers on feet are toes.

I would also want a longer loin cloth on he-man.

I support it, I don't want the line to become a variant wasteland, but I'm fine to do it like the original line, once a year
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    fingers on feet are toes.

I would also want a longer loin cloth on he-man.

I support it, I don't want the line to become a variant wasteland, but I'm fine to do it like the original line, once a year
    add another brainfart to the list...
    As I said: I want them as an EXTRA but not tacked on to the sub. and I don't NEED them ASAP...
    These variations (Filmation, 200X, etc.) are a nice way to refresh the main two instead of tossing Reissue MOTUC He-Man and Skeletor for the __th time...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    add another brainfart to the list...
    As I said: I want them as an EXTRA but not tacked on to the sub. and I don't NEED them ASAP...
    These variations (Filmation, 200X, etc.) are a nice way to refresh the main two instead of tossing Reissue MOTUC He-Man and Skeletor for the __th time...
    agreed, it should be on the drawing table, a 2012 sdcc two pack with them IMO would ROCK!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Agreed 100%!

I'm glad someone shares my reasoning!

Heck, I'd be happy for them just to include a 200X Skelly HEAD somewhere down the line as a pack-in, like with the Alcala head. Then do a Filmation head as a pack in at some point as well. That way EVERYONE should be happy.

Granted, every Skelly head except for the 200X one would go into my "surplus parts" box. But hey, watcha gonna do?

I'm currently making do with Keldor's chest armour and cape on my regular Skelly.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!