Thread: MOTUC Power-Con 3-pack (Stratos, Trap Jaw, Prince Adam) review by Pixel Dan!

MOTUC Power-Con 3-pack (Stratos, Trap Jaw, Prince Adam) review by Pixel Dan!

Dan's back with a new review! This time he takes a look at MOTUC Power-Con 3-pack (Stratos, Trap Jaw, Prince Adam) from Super7. Check it out!

Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Oof. I wanted to love these, but I'm afraid the video has just gone to show that cancelling my BBTS was the right thing personally for me to do. The quality is far too subpar on this batch of figures to justify the price tag, from a customer perspective.

It seems he either didn't know about or simply didn't clearly indicate that the legs/hips thing (or, as he put it, the loin clothes look a bit "too small") is because they are using the wider crotch pieces, such as Super7 has acknowledged as a problem and is fixing in the main wave figures.

As I indicated in my quick videos on the other 3-pack, it is more noticeable on some characters than others, but all these 3-pack figures seem to have the same wider crotch piece going on.
    Last edited by The Timeless One; October 27, 2017 at 08:07pm.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Prahvus > Horde Prime > Red Beast Man > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Nice little easter egg of mini-comics bounty hunter Tri-Klops on the card art - if that isn't an obvious hint that he's finally coming next year, then I don't know what is.

Based on the different reviews I have seen and heard, it does sound to me like when I get my PowerCon Exclusives that I'd better be really careful with them. Not a huge problem since I don't try to pose my figures overly much.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

The other thing I'm guessing (but cannot confirm, for I do not have this set) is that the ankles on these are the same as the ankles on the other Power-Con set I did quick videos for. Specifically, that their feet can (or are articulated with apparently intended capacity to) spin 360 at the ankle?
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Prahvus > Horde Prime > Red Beast Man > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by The Timeless One View Post
    The other thing I'm guessing (but cannot confirm, for I do not have this set) is that the ankles on these are the same as the ankles on the other Power-Con set I did quick videos for. Specifically, that their feet can (or are articulated with apparently intended capacity to) spin 360 at the ankle?
    Yeah, I think it's fair to say that many of us really appreciated those videos you made. I know I did.
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psa697c4d9.png

Did anyone else have a Trap Jaw with a stuck waist? I have tried freezing him and had no luck. I'm gonna try heat. I hope i can get it loose. Otherwise they're all 6 great figures with minor issues.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Did anyone else have a Trap Jaw with a stuck waist? I have tried freezing him and had no luck. I'm gonna try heat. I hope i can get it loose. Otherwise they're all 6 great figures with minor issues.
    U definitely don’t want to freeze it you want to heat it to loosen it. Molecules expand as they get warmer and constrict as they get cooler.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

I am glad I didnt preorder.
    I still want them, because I wanted these iterations for quite some time. But the price combined with the issues make it hard for me to pull the trigger.��

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks Dan. Another informative video.

Stratos's wings are the worst of the faults in my opinion. That gummy plastic is really bad. Perhaps Super7 should make replacement wings available for purchase.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    U definitely don’t want to freeze it you want to heat it to loosen it. Molecules expand as they get warmer and constrict as they get cooler.
    I wasn't doing both at the same time Lol. Usually freezing has helped with stuck joints but not this time.

I wish this Alcala mini comics Prince Adam came with the Alcala Power Sword. That's my only want with these figures.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VaultsofGrayskull View Post
    Thanks Dan. Another informative video.

Stratos's wings are the worst of the faults in my opinion. That gummy plastic is really bad. Perhaps Super7 should make replacement wings available for purchase.
    Oh yeah. Those wings are crazy soft. They don't stay up. I'm considering swapping the blue wings off my TRU Stratos.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Great review as always thanks Dan
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

I just finished watching. Man, I ever looking forward to these. I have wanted that Stratos for a long time. Also, that Trap Jaw looks insane!

Thanks for the review Dan.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Dan, did you get the other 3pack, too ?

My MOTUC Power-Con 3-pack (Stratos, Trap Jaw, Prince Adam) came, checked them out and happy for the most part. got some good paint apps, joints where very tight on mine, so tight in fact. that I took some plastic safe lube to loosen them up. had to use the hair dryer method, to straiten Trap jaws gun just a bit. and put prince adams sword in his hand not interested in swapping heads just yet. but im sure will require the hair dryer, had some fun and switched out prince Adams vest,with first issue He man harness. to make for my go to He man,put the vest on first issue He man, who now looks like a Prince Adam, just getting up from a long nap.

My only gripe is a slightly disscollored plastic, used for the arm and leg articulation joints on Prince Adam. Having to use plastic safe lube on your figs is a hassle. but then again its better then loose joints, I dont see whe some people are saying cheap plastic, hard plastic, seems allright to me unless I got a different run, dont know. the gummy wings on stratos can allway be sort of fixed. sticky tack, small piece of scotch tape rolled up to hold wing up, loosely fit clear elastic band. the wrong size inner crotch piece I agree should be fixed in future figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Finally opened mine up while watching this video. I generally just keep my collection on a shelf without much contact, so they look great there, and I'll just remember not to mess with these particular ones. Trap-Jaw really stands out on the shelf. Even Demo-Man is like "dude, tone it down a notch".
    MOTUC Wishlist: Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Andros, Monstroid, the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by DrumMaster View Post
    Dan, did you get the other 3pack, too ?
    I’m very curious as to this too. I have the figures already but it doesn’t seem complete without having watched Dan’s review.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I’m very curious as to this too. I have the figures already but it doesn’t seem complete without having watched Dan’s review.
    For all of the rest of us who don't have them yet, the other review would be quite helpful and exciting. I have to say, while I understand how busy Dan is, I don't understand why he puts out all the other videos, but it's taken him this long to do just one of these two sets. I get that he's busy, but it's frustrating to me personally that I have to wait on these sets for so long, and meanwhile Dan is treating these reviews as though they don't matter as much as some slime reviews, or this or that. For the first time in a long time his reviews can arrive before the figures (for many fans anyway) he doesn't seem to think that they matter very much.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    For all of the rest of us who don't have them yet, the other review would be quite helpful and exciting. I have to say, while I understand how busy Dan is, I don't understand why he puts out all the other videos, but it's taken him this long to do just one of these two sets.
    Maybe the fact that these figures (specially Terroar) seem hard to handle when it comes to very
    specific functions, made him decide not to ... Sometimes transparency is better.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Flee The Moon" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT8qrmaFmq0

MOTUC Power-Con 3-pack (Stratos, Trap Jaw, Prince Adam) review by Pixel Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    For all of the rest of us who don't have them yet, the other review would be quite helpful and exciting. I have to say, while I understand how busy Dan is, I don't understand why he puts out all the other videos, but it's taken him this long to do just one of these two sets. I get that he's busy, but it's frustrating to me personally that I have to wait on these sets for so long, and meanwhile Dan is treating these reviews as though they don't matter as much as some slime reviews, or this or that. For the first time in a long time his reviews can arrive before the figures (for many fans anyway) he doesn't seem to think that they matter very much.
    How dare he do what he wants on his own channel. What a jerk. I’m going to demand a refund from him.