Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the one 'questionable' 2014 figure?

Who is the one 'questionable' 2014 figure?

Although I can't find the link, Toyguru has gone on record saying that 2014 will have one figure that may make fans go 'huh?', considering it was first described as an 'All-Star' year.

Who do you think it will be and why?

Will you keep them if it is who you think it is?

Who do you NOT want it to be?
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

So far it'd be the Exclusive figure if rumors are true. Otherwise it's all the NA figures coming out. Huh is right. And why?

Gorpo?

Who is left of Scott-TOYGURU-Neitlichs favorite characters?

There was Castaspella for POP and Nepthu for FILMATION those where the once i know of but has he mentioned some other character as his personal favorites?
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcan View Post
    So far it'd be the Exclusive figure if rumors are true. Otherwise it's all the NA figures coming out. Huh is right. And why?
    Yeah, looks like Vican is on the money with his thinking. If the rumor is indeed true, then only the sub exclusive could be the one non all star.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think the "Huh" character has already been revealed. The way some fans flip out, it's anyone who isn't a Vintage MOTU character.

Unnamed One
    Hydron
    Battle Lion
    Intergalactic Skeletor
    Flutterina
    Madame Razz and Broom

Even Madame Razz and Broom have the "it's too cartoony for MOTU" complaints.

I think the only non-Vintage characters who haven't been flipped out on are Scorpia and Glimmer (crotches notwithstanding).

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm sure someone asked whether this figure was Battle Lion and TG replied that it wasn't because he was fan demanded. So, unless it is the Unnamed One, which is possible as its a bit of a gamble, there's someone else too...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think the "Huh" character has already been revealed. The way some fans flip out, it's anyone who isn't a Vintage MOTU character.

Unnamed One
    Hydron
    Battle Lion
    Intergalactic Skeletor
    Flutterina
    Madame Razz and Broom

Even Madame Razz and Broom have the "it's too cartoony for MOTU" complaints.

I think the only non-Vintage characters who haven't been flipped out on are Scorpia and Glimmer (crotches notwithstanding).
    Yeah you're correct. Even though TG said it'd be Vintage heavy. We knew there would be slots given to filler figures. Such as NA Skelly,Hydron & a character named Flogg. They're not vintage but apparently necessary for fans of NA.

I bet it's Calix. He's a remaing favorite of Scott's. Dying 6 seconds after we first met him hardly qualifies him as an all star. 200x hasn't gotten a regular figure release in '14 yet, so I'm going with Calix.

I'd love Dylamug, though.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I'm sure someone asked whether this figure was Battle Lion and TG replied that it wasn't because he was fan demanded. So, unless it is the Unnamed One, which is possible as its a bit of a gamble, there's someone else too...
    So it's someone no one has asked for?

Uh-oh...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I'd go with the Unnamed one. After the rumors I've heard, it could be a big "HUH?!?" I hope the rumor will prove to be false.

I'm thinking it's probably Madame Razz. I believe Scott said that the "huh" figure is similar to Plundor, where in the character has a contingent of vehement fans, but more casual fans might be confused by it . Madame Razz fits the billf for me. Pop fans love her, but anyone who is casually looking in would be very confused.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

If TG said that there is one figure that will make people go 'huh?' then I am officially disappointed. Taking into account that he said that Nepthu was demanded I could't begin to imagine a figure that he may consider more obscure.

It couldn't be the unnamed one, we already know it is a new figure. Besides he spoke well about him

The big question remains If he is responsible for choosing the characters for the sub why placing a figure that no one asked for? Who is forcing him to place an obscure character?

The problem with his hints is that they create more confusion than happiness. Remember when he said that the SDCC 2012 exclusive was a multi-part figure? Many of us believed it was Modulok and then it was Vykron. Knowing that Modulok is a multi-part figure why say such thing?

maybe the unnamed one?

Maybe despera will be released, since she isn't a vintage character I can see some anger in that.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Battle Ground Spector?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    I'd go with the Unnamed one. After the rumors I've heard, it could be a big "HUH?!?" I hope the rumor will prove to be false.
    Yeah, A lot of the sub exclusives have been pretty cool(IE Shadow Weaver). I really hope they don't screw the pooch by adding some oddball character for the Unnamed one.

The concept figure Red Beast is the first one to come to my mind when he said that. For a few reasons, he was shown in the comics along side Randor and Miro and he is a concept character and we are not supposed to be getting those at this point. Personally, I think he is the most viable of all the concept characters and goes with Vikor and Demo-Man, but still a figure that could make some people say "huh".

Okay, I have to ask about the "Rumor" everyone keeps mentioning. PM me if you have to. LOL.
    And I don't think he was referring to Razz. If memory serves Scott actually said he or him in the statement.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Heroic Warrior
    I'm actually the fan that demanded Nepthu that TG was referring to.

@TG I was only joking!

It's probably a 200X character. Also, questionable doesn't equal bad, just not an 'All Star'. I freely admit that I hated Nepthu, but with a little black paint, he became a welcome surprise. At this stage, anything extra we get is cream on the cake.

Thanks to Kobra Khan for filling me in. As for The info......I swear, if HE'S who created the Snakemen, I'm gonna be sick.
    "My manner of thinking, so you say, cannot be approved. Do you suppose I care? A poor fool indeed is he who adopts a manner of thinking for others!"
    Marquis de Sade
    "The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves."
    George Washington
    My B/S/T list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...and-trade-list

Boring old Glimmer.

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I've got and insider passing me exclusive infos and he told me that there are two characters slotted for 2014 fitting TG's comment:

- a variant version of an evergreen (literally) character: baboon-faced bearded Mer-man from "Leech - The Master of Power Suction Unleashed!" minicomic:

skxa.jpg

- a character often demanded by a small but very vocal minority: the happy looking yokel from "The Terror Claws Strike" minicomic:

g0ln.jpg
    Last edited by Kobra Khan; December 7, 2013 at 08:23pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    I've got and insider passing me exclusive infos and he told me that there are two characters slotted for 2014 fitting TG's comment:

- a variant version of an evergreen (literally) character: baboon-faced bearded Mer-man from "Leech - The Master of Power Suction Unleashed!" minicomic:

- a character often demanded by a small but very vocal minority: the happy looking yokel from "The Terror Claws Strike" minicomic

I can't believe no one has said the really obvious choice yet.

SONGSTER

Every since he said it, I have thought this is who he was talking about.

* I think TG actually said at one time it would make you go "Hmmmmm..." not "Huh?" Hmmmm, kinda like humming.

* It's a super obscurity that will divide the fanbase down the middle - some of us will love it, some of us will loath it

* Now that we have a Movie character coming (Blade), and a storybook character (Goatman), the stage show is one of the only bits that doesn't have at least a nod in the line.

* Scott has mentioned Songster by name on multiple occasions in different discussions over the years.

* A musician would add a nice diversity to the line

If this were Vegas, I'd be laying down heavy bets on him.

Heroic Warrior
    It's not Songster. Scott mentioned in a podcast that Songster, along with Scrollos, Red Beast, and Crimson Fury would not be part of 2014/2015.

My guess is Colonel Blast. There is a list of Filmation Characters that supposedly Scott created when he was initially determining which top Filmation characters to definitely get to in MOTUC. So far, he's followed that list pretty spot on (even down to Nepthu and Plundor).

One of the characters remaining from that list, and the most questionable, was Colonel Blast.