Thread: The Official Strettch Nek and Vypor thread

The Official Strettch Nek and Vypor thread

Now many people may not now who these characters are, so an explanation is in order.

5. facet: Scott, will you please tell us all of the new characters on pages 2 and 3 of the third new mini comic? By this I mean any character that was created by you and your staff, that didn't have an action figure or previously existing media associated with it. Then, also show us exactly where they are in that 2 page spread by either circling them in a JPG and attaching their name or something similar. Thanks!

He-Man.org were kind enough to also send over a visual to assist with this question. Based on this visual, the character labeled "Golden Rod" are generic members of the Viper Squadron, the character labeled "Snow Thief" is actually Goldenrod (Snarrrlll the Snow Thief is above Mosquitor). The two characters behind BlastAttak are Strettch Nek and Vypor.

So Obviously the two of these guys are very obscure, their visual is poor, and we know nothing about them. I mean with Stretch Nek, i think we all know what his main feature will be, but Vypor is an open book. Now remember Fangor was really an unknown character, the first we actually heard his was for the CG Box art contest, and a small visual in the 2nd Ultimate battleground. It wasnt until Axel was asked to draw those detailed visuals of five new characters ( GBW, Red Shadow, Fangor, Gladiatior, Bandwidth) and a question asked by DJForce on the matty forums that revealed he was the "Spikor" of the Snakemen that people really jumped on his bandwagon and wanted to see more of him. And since the snakemen are the smallest faction we have, we should clamor at any excuse to try and get more so using the existing media, this is a perfect format to execute that.

In regards to Stretch neck specifically, I think a brillant idea would be to use Bruce timms concept Rattlor
    early concept rattlor.jpg
    The color scheme matches up perfectly, and it takes classic elements of filmation and MOTUC Figure building to give a very cool way of connecting the past with the present. I ,as a fan love when circumstances like this come about and and implore all fans of motuc to ask matty to give us more detailed drawing of other characters like Golden rod, Snarll the Snowtheif, Spinwhiz, Pebblelass and Bould-ar to help keep moving this brand forward with new blood while still drawing from the old media as well. This is a shining example doing just that, while adding to the ranks of the snakemen. Why not make Vypor a female, the true first snakewomen. Interested to see how people feel about these 2?

Heroic Warrior
    I'd support any means of making more Snake-Men. So bring them on.

We need more Snake Men!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

Fully support extra Snake Men warriors. The idea of using the Timm design with a ridge of spines along the neck, back and tail is an awesome way to reuse the Rattlor buck. Can see why a more streamlined design was used for the vintage Rattlor toy - but we don't have those limitations now!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Isn't Strettch Neck essentially Rattlor? Do we need another long necked MOTU character? Rattlor, Tallstar, Mekaneck and Extendar already lol

Vypor sounds cool.
    WISHLIST
    Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Sorceress of Serpos Teela ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~
    Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast Robowoman ~ DC He-Man ~ DC She-Ra ~ DC Stratos

there are so many characters we know of that haven't been made as figures yet like General Sunder, Lord Masque,200x Randor, Queen Andrenos Miro, Kittrina, Crita, Lodar, Sagitar, Darius , Tuskador, I would want these before some randome snakemen you can barely make out from a mini comic
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

I'm a fan of new characters, concepts, and more Snake Men (my CAC character was actually a Snake Man)! I'm down for these guys, though I'd like to see better drawings of them. I thought I heard somewhere that Strettch Nek was the concept name for Rattlor, can anyone confirm that? If so, the Rattlor concept would be a perfect fit for him.

I'd love new Snakes - I really like Fang-Or a lot, and I'd be interested in learning more about these two characters, though...Strettch Neck seems extremely redundant to me. We already have Rattlor and Snake Mekaneck as characters. The only way I can see to make Strettch Neck worthy of attention is if they made the character female. I'd be on board with that in a heartbeat. It would be cool if Vypor was also female, but that doesn't sound like a typical, female MOTU name so I'm not going to even suggest that.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

WHERE'S CRITA???? C'MON MATTY! DO THE RIGHT THING!

I would want Mattel to make the remaining Filmation, Jetlag, and NA characters before getting to these characters from the mini-comic.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I would want Mattel to make the remaining Filmation, Jetlag, and NA characters before getting to these characters from the mini-comic.
    I think most of us do. Doesn't mean we can't have fun discussing other things.

Some of these new characters really do have awful names. And why the double t? Sssqueeze has a triple s because of the hissing sound but I don't get 'Strettch Neck'. Ridiculous.

And you can barely see them in the battle scene. I'd prefer the guys at DC to come up with some decent new Snake Men, rather than settling for this nonsense. Fang-Or I can cope with...just...the name sucks but his design's OK...but that's it for the 'new' Snake Men.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Vypor kind of looks like he'd be a red snake man, which is cool. Since that is all you can really see of him, I think his design would have be "all new" from the Hrosemen or Mattel. So I don't see that as a bad starting point.

Strettch Neck, on the other hand, seems like a repeat of Rattlor and Snake Mekaneck. Unlike Vypor he already has a specific concept attached to him, and it's one that two other characters have. However, I like the idea of using Rattlor's yellow concept design for him.
    Last edited by gbagok; March 25, 2015 at 05:07pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Vypor kind of looks like he'd be a red snake man, which is cool. Since that is all you can really see of him, I think his design would have be "all new" from the Hrosemen or Mattel. So I don't see that as a bad starting point.

Strettch Neck, on the other hand, seems like a repeat of Rattlor and Snake Mekaneck. Unlike Vypor he already has a specific concept attached to him, and it's one that two other characters have. However, I like the idea of using Rattlor's yellow concept design for him.
    I'd love to see that concept design applied to a Snake Woman. Too bad they wouldn't do that AND drop the "Neck" part of the name. Then, the action feature could be reminiscent of Tallstar and Extendar, but at least no other Snakes have that feature. Strettch, the Snake Woman. Why do I always make myself want things I will never have?

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I kinda figured he was wearing a cape.

I guess this is why need a better pic of him!

Fang Or is already on my list of where to go after MOTUC and this line/concept is allowed to grow and evolve. Add these too. Bruce Timm design is really good.

I hope everyone will get their characters in MOTUC. Snakemen are my favorite bad-guy faction but StretchNek and Vypor are probably not on my list.

For StretchNek the reason is that there is an established character with basicaly the same powers - and that is Rattlor. The core Snakemen are based on natural features of a snake and Rattlor's power is obviously 'strike and bite'. Except that for biting we have seen him hitting enemies with his head in the 200X cartoon - probably because biting would be too violent for a kids cartoon (and I am happy for that, not a fan of violence).

For Vypor I think that he looks ok without those enormous fangs. I could use him as an army builder. But personally I do not like the fangs at all. The bio is not that important to me but Snakemen already have Snake Man-at-Arms to build weapons for them.

I would far more prefer the green and red Snakemen army builders and Snake Teela and Snake Mekanek -far more interesting from the story point of view in my opinion. And Snake Mekanek can stretch his snake-neck far enough ...

But again, I hope you guys get what you want.
    Last edited by Sabretooth; Yesterday at 01:48pm.