Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pixel Dan's Masters of the Universe Classics (Tung Lashor) figure video review

Pixel Dan's Masters of the Universe Classics (Tung Lashor) figure video review

Thanks for sharing !

Solid review, as always, Dan. Don't know how you find the time to do them!
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Thank you Dan! Really looking forward to adding him to the collection! He was my favorite vintage Snake Man too!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Other than the lack of ankle rockers, this guy looks perfect! I hated the 200X version so I'm glad this is very much vintage styled.

The head with the to big tung and these teeth on it looks weird....dont like it. The other head looks great

Looks like a great figure, as far as I'm concerned, one of the best of 2014.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

The lack of ankle rockers on all the male figures is not good.

However, the rest of the figure is simply stunning.

I can't comment enough just how perfect he looks (other than the ankles and the teeth on the tongue). The colors, the sculpt, the facial expressions...everything.

I'm also very, very pleased with the slimmer build. I love it.

He's just about perfect.

I can't see anything to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Other than the lack of ankle rockers, this guy looks perfect! I hated the 200X version so I'm glad this is very much vintage styled.
    Same. Been waiting for Tung Lashor the entire line. Never had him as a kid, and the 200X version is terrible. So excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    The lack of ankle rockers on all the male figures is not good.

However, the rest of the figure is simply stunning.

I can't comment enough just how perfect he looks (other than the ankles and the teeth on the tongue). The colors, the sculpt, the facial expressions...everything.

I'm also very, very pleased with the slimmer build. I love it.
    I agree with everything you just wrote
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

He looks 25 shades of awesome!! Another winning review, Danster.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Where is the dial on his back???? Hurricane Hordak and SyKlone got one... why not him?

Figure looks OK. Here are my issues with it.

1. Marshmallow teeth. The bane of every snakeman.

2. I HATE the black claws on his feet. It breaks up the frog man look. If his hands have 3 round pads, why do his feet have razors on them? The original figures smooth toes fit aesthetically with him much better.

Also I find it hard to believe that the claws on his feet are sharper than his teeth. (If his teeth are marshmallows for safety reasons, wouldn't his clawed feet out in the open be much more dangerous than his teeth on the sides of his face?)

3. I don't like how the hands are Soooo long. Changes from the vintage and he looses the chunky look even more because he has gorilla arms now.

4. The no ankle rockers. This sucked on Dactus and it sucks here.

5. His Drogonfly crossbow has no green in it. It was clearly an aquamarine color before, now its a metallic blue.

Other than that, he's fine.

Way better than Rio. But disappointing for my most anticipated figure for this year. (after Two-Bad.)

It seems most people like him though, so that's good.

Heroic Warrior
    If my memory serves, I got King Hiss, Tongue Lashor and Rattlor from Woolworth's when visiting my grandmother and grandfather many, many moons ago. They're one of the few figures I actually remember seeing in stores as the line wound down. As such, the Snakemen have always had a special place in my heart...along with the Horde.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    If my memory serves, I got King Hiss, Tongue Lashor and Rattlor from Woolworth's when visiting my grandmother and grandfather many, many moons ago. They're one of the few figures I actually remember seeing in stores as the line wound down. As such, the Snakemen have always had a special place in my heart...along with the Horde.
    I remember getting Tung Lashor at Service Merchandise in or around the Novi area when I was just a wee lad. My little brother got Rattlor the same day, I think they were marked down so my parents got them for us out of nowhere one weekend. Tungy and King Randor (who I later bought with my allowance at a an actual toy store/comic shop after my OLDER brother took us to see the He-Man movie when it came out in theaters) were the last 2 I remember getting as a kid. Ahhhh the good ole days...
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

I still feel that the Tung Lashor Neca Staction is the best looking!!!
    Please like my cool MOTU Universe FaceBook page at:

https://www.facebook.com/browse/admi...14947855236095

The lack of ankle rockers has been a problem for a while, since the ankles became pinless. It's one of those things that's been sacrificed in order to make the ankles tighter, unfortunately.

The ankle rockers are probably there, they just don't work because the ankles are so tight.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Yes, the ankle rockers were needed here, I wish they'd found a way of doing them without sacrificing stability. Other than that he is a treat for the eyes, I love the colours and the evil looking second head.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Tung Lashor, was one of my favorites ad ill be trying to get two during early access. going bonkers in the meantime waiting.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    Same. Been waiting for Tung Lashor the entire line. Never had him as a kid, and the 200X version is terrible. So excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pottie View Post
    I still feel that the Tung Lashor Neca Staction is the best looking!!!

I'm a fan of how Tung looked in MYP. I liked how him and Rattlor were these massive guys.

I didn't like how the 200X staction came out.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Boo! He doesn't look anything like the Filmation version!
    thissnake.png

But seriously, looks like another good straight adaptation of the vintage figure. Not much to complain about. Besides the ankles but I guess I'll see what poses he can pull off when I have him in hand.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HungrySnakeman View Post
    Boo! He doesn't look anything like the Filmation version!
    thissnake.png

But seriously, looks like another good straight adaptation of the vintage figure. Not much to complain about. Besides the ankles but I guess I'll see what poses he can pull off when I have him in hand.
    I would LOVE to see a Filmation Tung Lasher variant someday. I prefer the vintage toy look but always wanted a RED Filmation "Lasher" figure. SIGH, maybe a convention exclusive down the line?
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm actually probably in the minority that likes Tung Lashor being more lean. I liked the 200x version, but this is a different take on him that really does it for me. The leaner build, beady eyes, all make me think he's some kind of spy for the Snake Men. Kobra Khan is the traitorous double agent working for both Hsss and Skeletor, whereas Tung Lashor is the one who keeps an eye on KK and it's him that discovers his treachery. Also, I love the tongue, but how cool would it have been if it was bendy?? I always picture Toad from the Xmen movies as to how Lashor's tongue works.

Sorry, got sidetracked as I cannot wait to get this figure in a few weeks. Awesome review as always, Dan. Hope to see the rest of that group(NA She-Ra, Gwildor, Mermista, Spinnerella) up soon!

PS: Maybe I missed it, but did you mention the Horde armband at all? I know it was on and off of him in your video, but I don't recall hearing about it. Guess I'll have to watch it again!

PPS: I'd totally buy a Filmation "Tung". That's such a garish, awesome look.
    Last edited by DVD; October 30, 2014 at 10:41am.

Love TL! Prefer the mouth open though as he looks more menacing. So glad they went vintage though it was exactly what I was expecting anyway. I hated the 200X beefed up design for him. Thought him and Rattlor looked out of place with the rest of the Snakemen on the show. I would dig a Filmation one someday...but as a different character like how they did Zodac/Zodak. Great review Dan!