Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con green Granamyr official discussion

Power-Con green Granamyr official discussion

So, obviously fans aren't getting them yet. BUT, Axel Gimenez just posted some images of the boxart, WITH his new bio!
    Check 'em out:
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Heroic Warrior
    YES! A NEW BIO!

Now let's hope we get bios for the other exclusives! I miss bios! SO MUCH!
    CyberV... FOR VICTORY!

Currently on a quest to find the legendary and mythical collaborative comic artist

Very cool bio!! I like the explanation for him being different colors, well done!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

As someone who missed out on the red one I'm so excited to finally get Granamyr. I think the bio and figure both turned out amazing!

The bio is one of the better ones. It makes me interested in seeing how Kahn's turned out if he has one.

Awesome!

Now I want a Preternia Nazghol figure!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Wow! This bio actually makes me want him for my Preternia shelf, I love how they explained the color difference...but I still don't have the room and I didn't order one. It's a good thing Power-Con didn't hold stock to sell at the con...I would have been very tempted.

Now, if more bios were written like this all along, I would have been a bigger fan of them!
    This one not only successfully combines Filmation lore with Powers Of Grayskull, MYP era, and mini-comics, but also gives a palatable reason for things like: change in appearance, origin and powers of He-Ro's gemstone, etc.
    I do want to get the green one eventually and part with my red one, but I couldn't stomach the price at the time he became available for pre-order. Some day, perhaps...
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Heroic Warrior
    Very happy the Green Grammy will be boxed.Also means the Red Beastman and Kobra Kahn should be as well.Happy these are not just going to be shipped in plastic bags.

I traded a few figures to get Green Granamyr from another here on the boards. Once I saw they were releasing a green version, I traded away my red one, just due to the fact I prefer the green...also, green is my favorite color so it all works out!

The bio sells me on him as well, in as much as I love a preternian version and a modern one. I'm not buying it mind you. This will go on the "some day in the further future when/if I have gobs of money" list.

I always loved the bios and more than once they sold me on a character I did not care about, so I am really excited to see Kamo Kahn's since I ordered him from Big Bad Toystore. I'm still holding out that he is a different character than Kobra Kahn, but at least I can maybe expect a story.

Very cool...and this definitely lessens the sting of no SDCC exclusive for Classics.
    Icer and Filmation Clawful made. Mission complete.

wants these two demons Sir Reilly's Avatar
    That's hands down one of the best bios I've read in a long time! And "Gem of Magoo" is just fantastic! We need more bios like this!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

This is not a figure to wait on. They have supposedly not made a lot of them.

I never got the red one, so I am glad to get this one, especially as I prefer him green.

I wonder who wrote the bio. They did a good job.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats
    ME WANT MORE MYTHIC LEGIONS!

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Cool bio...but I'm still sticking with my original idea of this being a "Mirror Universe" or even Ani-Eternia Granamyr that's evil.

Heroic Warrior Master_Of_Metropolis's Avatar
    I love the reference to Magoo--that's awesome! I think he would have loved that!

I'm excited you all went all out and recolored the art AND created a new bio. But, most importantly I felt genuinely a little teary-eyed at the poignant implementation and significance of the Gem of Magoo.._ awesome, classy, and deserved.._ I love this community! Great move, all involved!

Finally something MOTUC related hits the news. Very happy to see that we are getting at least 1 more bio. Really hope Camo Kahn gets one. Very sweet tribute to Penny there with the Magoo mention.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    Very happy the Green Grammy will be boxed.Also means the Red Beastman and Kobra Kahn should be as well.Happy these are not just going to be shipped in plastic bags.
    I'm impressed as well. I really though I was going to get one box with 3 figures in large bags. This is a pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    That's hands down one of the best bios I've read in a long time! And "Gem of Magoo" is just fantastic! We need more bios like this!
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; May 30, 2016 at 01:29pm.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I also like the bio. I think it's quite creative and I also like the color explanation. I like that they changed the sub-title name "Great Magic-Wielding Dragon" with "Great Dragon Lord of Darksmoke." I liked the Filmation Red but I love the Acala Green! I'm very pleased Mattel didn't cheap out and re-use the old box. This is gonna look awesome on display with my complete collection and next to Red Acala Beastman and Kamo Kahn.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    can someone type this out for those of us who keep a digital copy of these bios? Please and Thank You.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    Who wrote the bio? It's good.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Who wrote the bio? It's good.
    Some talented people who will be revealed when Mattel one day says it's okay to do so.
    Gotta respect that confidentiality agreement!

And no, it wasn't me. I can say that much.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    As someone who missed out on the red one I'm so excited to finally get Granamyr. I think the bio and figure both turned out amazing!
    Red or Green, this is a fantastic figure! IMO, Granamyr is such an integral part of MOTU lore that he needs to be in every fan's collection!

And the Bio is wonderful! Makes me wish we were still getting them in the CC...
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Great to see we get a new bio. Classy tribute with the Gem of Magoo, honestly really, really nice.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**