Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Saurod Video Review by Pixel Dan

MOTUC Saurod Video Review by Pixel Dan

Dan's back with a new review! This time he takes a look at Saurod from MattyCollector. Check it out!

Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Nice review. I can't wait for my Saurod to arrive. Definitely one of my favorite figures in the line, too.

I love the details on him. A+.

He really turned out great! One of the best sculpts of the line!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I think he turned out great. I never liked the vintage one as he didn't seem to fit in all that well I thought as he looked so different and somewhat scrawny next to other MOTU figures. This one is great though and fits in fine. The only thing that I can't decide is if I want him along with my NA Mutants (since he fits that theme to me) or the Snake Men since he's got that reptilian look. And yeah I know his bio says he's pretty anti-snake man but they need some boosting in their ranks and he fits in ok with them.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

He looks pretty sweet. I can't wait to put him up on my shelf with the rest of the baddies.

Shame they made him less unique looking here and just another character with exactly the same build as almost everyone else but still looks nice.

Heroic Warrior
    Mine comes today, so I don't have to wait too much longer. All the details are amazing, and I think he's one of the best figures in the line.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, stratosfear, Mulletor, racer x, and IceyCat.

Heroic Warrior
    Comparison Time there really shows what i was sure about - his helmet was a lot lower, closer to his head, on the original toy which I think was what was bugging me about his headsculpt - I haven't seen the film in aaaages but I'm assuming his helmet is more Darth Vader proportions in that, hence why I haven't seen much of an outcry about it? (or just no one cares about Saurod that much). Anyway review was fine, sorry, yeah, fine.

Heroic Warrior
    I think the tail-like appendage that's sticking out of his helmet symbolizes his back switch/trigger to work his sparks.

Wasn't planning on picking this up but it looked so good in the review I just caved It was a nice suprise to see it's still in stock.

Heroic Warrior
    I love the godzilla looking arms.. this figure is rad. I love him....

Does Dan even post here anymore? He missed a few reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Does Dan even post here anymore? He missed a few reviews.
    Dan's just been ultra busy.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Power-Con returns in 2016! Hope to see you there!

Dear lord he is PERFECT

Could this also mean the bulky armour issue is fixed ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMad View Post
    Wasn't planning on picking this up but it looked so good in the review I just caved It was a nice suprise to see it's still in stock.
    same here just ordered right now

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Dan's just been ultra busy.
    So have I.

Heroic Warrior
    Great review of a great figure!

Love, LOVE, this figure. Hate the bio.

Gotta say, though, really annoyed by the scale. I was expecting, like many, that his buck would be based off of Lizard Man. Now, I am fine with them using the standard buck, but with the new tooled legs, he towers over Blade. That's just plain wrong.

As a stand alone figure, this is an A+++.

As part of the line, it's an A- at best. Maybe even just a B+ cuz of the scaling issues. It really bugs me. Not Blast Attak without removable limbs or Rio Blast disaster annoyed, but annoyed none the less.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, HAWKE, UNCLE MONTORK & DREE-ELLE, TUVAR, BADDHRA, KARG

I wasn't interested in this guy when I first saw him but I think I'm going to have to get one now, he does look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Love, LOVE, this figure. Hate the bio.

Gotta say, though, really annoyed by the scale. I was expecting, like many, that his buck would be based off of Lizard Man. Now, I am fine with them using the standard buck, but with the new tooled legs, he towers over Blade. That's just plain wrong.

As a stand alone figure, this is an A+++.

As part of the line, it's an A- at best. Maybe even just a B+ cuz of the scaling issues. It really bugs me. Not Blast Attak without removable limbs or Rio Blast disaster annoyed, but annoyed none the less.
    That's how I feel about him. Great figure but it feels like having a regular buck sized Ram man to me to have Saurod this big and out of scale.

Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    Comparison Time there really shows what i was sure about - his helmet was a lot lower, closer to his head, on the original toy which I think was what was bugging me about his headsculpt - I haven't seen the film in aaaages but I'm assuming his helmet is more Darth Vader proportions in that, hence why I haven't seen much of an outcry about it? (or just no one cares about Saurod that much). Anyway review was fine, sorry, yeah, fine.

In the movie his body was smaller and his head/helmet bigger with a clear reptilian neck showing...therefore the figure itself does look like he stepped straight out of the movie. They did a great job on this one.

If he were thinner he would look as if he stepped straight out of the movie. The figure looks like a body builder dressed as Saurod.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    In the movie his body was smaller and his head/helmet bigger with a clear reptilian neck showing...therefore the figure itself does look like he stepped straight out of the movie. They did a great job on this one.
    Yeah this is DEFINITELY much more movie accurate than the vintage figure was! The sculpt on this guy is beautiful!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    This is "my Mosquitor" - the vintage figure that I loved the most from childhood. I could not be happier with what I'm seeing of him thus far and simply can't wait to have him in-hand.
    Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    Cheers for that, I could have Googled it I suppose but I sort of wanted someone else to verify things, if that makes sense.

that whole lower half could be used for lizzor