Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else really miss Scott "Toy Guru" Neitlich at Matty?

Does anyone else really miss Scott "Toy Guru" Neitlich at Matty?

I really think the PR side of things has really gone down hill since he left. We seem to have fewer updates, I never see anything on Youtube from Matty any more and whenever there is a reveal the enthusiasm just isn't there like it was with Scott

I cant speak for every one but I felt like he was one of us and his excitement and likeability really added to the whole MOTU collecting experience. It got me more pumped for new figures, and I used to love his interaction with Pixel Dan on the walkthroughs.

I really miss him. Bring Scott back!! Does anyone else agree?

im with you man...

I truly miss him... I know this line has had its ups and downs, but honestly i never really saw the issues being so dire. Humans make mistakes.

I enjoyed his videos and you could tell how passionate he is for the brand. Im not one who needs to know anything going on behind the scenes..i just want toys.. I just really got a kick out of him...
    Just when you thought it was safe to take a pee.....- Hard Ticket To Hawaii -

Despite the negativity surrounding some of his responses to the fan community (some justified) I do miss his consistent communication. We are almost at a point where we only get information at the big conventions (NY Toy Fair, SDCC, Power-Con, and/or NYCC) and radio silence in between. I miss having release schedule updates, production sample reviews, and hints of things to come. Not to mention we know nothing concrete about the release date or included accessories for the single carded Horde Trooper, whether a re-release of Filmation He-man is in the cards, or when we might see better ankle joints on future Filmation figures implemented. Those are questions I would like answered.
    Last edited by Zodach; April 28, 2016 at 12:51pm.

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    im with you man...

I truly miss him... I know this line has had its ups and downs, but honestly i never really saw the issues being so dire. Humans make mistakes.

I enjoyed his videos and you could tell how passionate he is for the brand. Im not one who needs to know anything going on behind the scenes..i just want toys.. I just really got a kick out of him...
    That's what i miss the most, the videos he would of been great on TV, I'm a big fan. Its almost like he was never replaced and people standing in to try and fill the gaps. I hate it.

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Yes, I'm in !

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Despite the negativity surrounding some of his responses to the fan community (some justified) I do miss his consistent communication. We are almost at a point where we only get information at the big conventions (NY Toy Fair, SDCC, Power-Con, and/or NYCC) and radio silence in between. I miss having release schedule updates, production sample reviews, and hints of things to come. Not to mention we know nothing concrete about the release date or included accessories for the single carded Horde Trooper, whether a re-release of Filmation He-man is in the cards, or when we might see better ankle joints on future Filmation figures implemented. Those are questions I would like answered.
    Totally agree, its silent! Nothing is happening no information is coming through. I mean Night Stalker is being released in a few weeks and we havent even seen a fully finished production piece let alone the packaging. Is it that hard to put up a video on youtube? The fact of the matter was you could tell he was doing it because he loved it and he probably put in more hours than he was paid for. Matty never bothered to find someone with that drive to replace him. We are left with months of silence and information regarding big sales posted just days before. Very sad.

If you are reading this Scott, I know its probably not possible, but please come back! lol

Yes, at least we had some semblance of consistency, despite all the snarkiness and all that, the line ran fairly smooth and wasn't subjected to all this change of staff and delays and missing figure stuff. Before you asked a question, even if it was tap danced around for a bit, you always got a basic answer and things got looked into as fast as possible.

Now, if you were to ask if I miss Ruben... **** no, not one bit, I think he jacked up more than he did right. Other than him I'd take the line being run as it was previously any day.

That is not being said to take away from the remaining guys from the new regime, I know if true it has to be a ***** to contend with all the constant changes.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; April 28, 2016 at 01:15pm.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I miss him. He made this more fun....had a genuine passion. Reveals meant something and were nice and spaced out. Now it's just so.....cold.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Icer and Filmation Clawful made. Mission complete.

Most definitely! Matty had its ups and downs, sure, but now there's no excitement in the brand, as others stated! It's time they had someone with that much excitement back in the brand, believing in the product! We're getting some cool stuff for sure, but where's the love man!

I miss the communication he provided.

On another note, I found a leaked image of the upcoming Skeleteen figure.

Skeleteen.jpg

No, I don't.

Yes I do. I think the line and excitement in the line was better with him there.

I think the criticism was justified, but Mattel has never replaced him.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Uh-oh, this thread has the potential to be trouble as soon as the haters get wind of it!

Anyway, I think it was better with him on board. Everyone is human and makes mistakes, so I dont care about his flaws. What I do care about is his love of the line, and his willingness to communicate with us, even if sometimes it didnt work out the way he hoped.

It was nice having an actual person to talk to that would even answer back, instead of a faceless corporate entity. The way things are now it seems the new team has been instructed to keep quiet so they dont spark and controversies among the fans and thats frustrating and no fun.

Yes he answered some fan questions on his own time, but does everyone forget the Ruben skirts instead of the leotard bottom many female figures should have had. For years we heard from scott were looking into it but ruben just wasn't going to do it, Brandon was the one right out of the gate who did it correctly. How many times did scott say to us it's too far along to make any changes, yet the new team changed the new snake torso to have movement and got rid of the ugly china stamp would scott have done that or said it was too far along to make changes? The new team Made China go back and redo Lord Masque in his correct filmation colors. Would scott have done that or just said it too far along to make changes?

Oh and lets not forget the big boo boo that was Castle Grayskull. Showing fans a B-Sheet of how big it would be, then locking us all into a price we all preorder it , the preorder goes through then Scott tells us monthes later It can't be that big for the cost we quoted you etc. Yes in the end due to Fans complaints changes were made and it turned out to be a great playset but it still wasn't what we were originally promised for the price when we preordered it.

Yes scott did a lot of great things for the line but he also had his fair share of mistakes that really upset the fandom not to mention his ego got in the way at times by getting his personal wants into the line over ours and we were the ones subscribing.

So please lets not have another I love and I miss ToyGuru thread, Scott left mattel in 2014 and he isn't coming back. I don't hate scott I think he's a nice guy , I'm just not going to sing his praises he has moved on from Mattel Just wish him luck at his new job and leave it at that.
    Last edited by mjw41; April 28, 2016 at 02:33pm.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansync View Post
    Does anyone else really miss Scott "Toy Guru" Neitlich at Matty?
    I never knew him personally so I can't say that I do.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I miss the videos and Scott's enthusiasm for the product, that's not to say the new team isn't just as enthusiastic, but Scott was like the "Stan Lee" face of MOTUC for me. Now they don't really have a face.

No. Absolutely not. To be fair Scott was great for the era of MOTUC which he oversaw, but I'm much happier with the less drama-centric current team. Some fans seem upset that the current team is much less communicative and way less 'salty' in their interactions- neither of which I miss at all- but the new approach is much more professional, which is as it should be. Nope, the king is 'dead', long live the king.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Widget
    Yep, I miss him!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    No. Absolutely not. To be fair Scott was great for the era of MOTUC which he oversaw, but I'm much happier with the less drama-centric current team. Some fans seem upset that the current team is much less communicative and way less 'salty' in their interactions- neither of which I miss at all- but the new approach is much more professional, which is as it should be. Nope, the king is 'dead', long live the king.
    +1.

Quality is better than quantity, and I'm getting all the communication I need now without all the filler, snarky, BS, copy/paste answers and general poor tone that he set.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I miss the videos and Scott's enthusiasm for the product, that's not to say the new team isn't just as enthusiastic, but Scott was like the "Stan Lee" face of MOTUC for me. Now they don't really have a face.
    Lets be honest Mattel doesn't need a face for the company. Hasbro doesn't have one and they sell great toys and collectables. What scott did on his own personal time spoiled fans as most companys don't do this. Now scott is gone and Mattel does talk to us just not any where near as often as scott did. It unrealistic to expect any company to do what scott chose to do on his own personal time. Companies Emplyees are busy doing the jobs they are assigned to and from what Scott has told us Employees at mattel work on multiple major brands first and Mattycollector after and we were told at last sdcc just because we don't hear from them doesn't mean they aren't reading the forum boards and our comments, they are busy working on the products for us.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by Frightmare View Post
    I miss him. He made this more fun....had a genuine passion. Reveals meant something and were nice and spaced out. Now it's just so.....cold.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Exactly!! It's so cold and there's no hype leading up to figures being released at all now.how hard is it to find someone within the company to do some product reveals?

Heroic Warrior
    Definitely not I. The negatives massively outweighed the positives.

Yes, I definitely miss him. The communication (or no communication I should say) has been absolutely terrible since he left.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants