Thread: Does the plastic on your MOC that holds the figure and weapons have small dents?

Heroic Warrior

Does the plastic on your MOC that holds the figure and weapons have small dents?

Hey fellow MOC collectors, originally I started MOTUC as a loose collector, but sometime around early 2012 I started a MOC collection as well.... I was just wondering....

have you guys/gals noticed that on a lot of the figures, the inner packaging, not the outside bubble, but the plastic that holds the figure and weapons in place has small dents or crushing on the sides or at the top. At this time, i dont have any pics to post, but just pic up a MOC figure and look on the sides. Well my question to you is this : does this annoy any of you at all? would you still consider this MINT? ...now i have yet to send any of my MOTUC figures to be graded, but just by looking at the inner plastic which i assume will affect the overall grade, i don't think my figures would score high. Now do i plan on grading my figures at all, well honestly i wanted to have a few graded but not all of them. And i know this sounds silly, but knowing the inner bubble is not mint, kinda irritates me even though i may not ever have it graded.

again, i know this sounds silly, but im just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    Hey fellow MOC collectors, originally I started MOTUC as a loose collector, but sometime around early 2012 I started a MOC collection as well.... I was just wondering....

have you guys/gals noticed that on a lot of the figures, the inner packaging, not the outside bubble, but the plastic that holds the figure and weapons in place has small dents or crushing on the sides or at the top. At this time, i dont have any pics to post, but just pic up a MOC figure and look on the sides. Well my question to you is this : does this annoy any of you at all? would you still consider this MINT? ...now i have yet to send any of my MOTUC figures to be graded, but just by looking at the inner plastic which i assume will affect the overall grade, i don't think my figures would score high. Now do i plan on grading my figures at all, well honestly i wanted to have a few graded but not all of them. And i know this sounds silly, but knowing the inner bubble is not mint, kinda irritates me even though i may not ever have it graded.

again, i know this sounds silly, but im just curious.
    Out of all the MOSC figures I had, only a couple had any kind of inner bubble damage, and of the new ones I get now, still a rarity for me. I open them now, but I still take pics of the carded figures and keep the packages.

Now as far as being Mint....yes, the figure is what's Mint mostly, and the inner bubble is from the factory sealed regardless of condition, especially if the outer bubble is damage free, it was a packaging thing. Yes it would likely decrease value as compared to one that's undamaged, but to me it's never been an issue, it's what happens when these things are hand assembled, packaged, and spend weeks in transit getting to wherever they're going. But the bubbles are usually OK, not even scratched, vs shelf wear and bubble damage that retail figures suffer, the MOTUC will be in much more greater shape than any retail figures bought in stores.

It has never bothered me, and likely never will. I don't care about the AFA crap personally, my figures are mine, and while I use Zoloworld cases to protect them, I don't need or want them sealed in an acrylic tomb. I'll never sell them, and even if some day I did, it would be because I had to, not because of the value a sticker on a plastic case and someone sitting behind a desk with a grading chart will make. Unless the bubble and card is damaged, or the figure is messed up upon arrival, I am just fine with a few small creases and dents, so long as the figure is unharmed.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It's what happens when you pay 10 year old Chinese kids 50 cents an hour to put your plastic muscle men in little clear bubbles.

Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) is back!! Crow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    It's what happens when you pay 10 year old Chinese kids 50 cents an hour to put your plastic muscle men in little clear bubbles.
    50 cents an hour? Pffft! You wish. More like 5 cents
    Crow T. Robot
    "Mike, what the hell is this?!"

"Into the sea of waking dreams, I follow without pride"---Sarah McLachlan Possession

It does bother me also since I am a moc collector and for the prices we are paying they should be more careful on that issue. Sometimes I think if its even worth it collecting this line MOC. Not to mention the paint apps, they are bad on some figures. Unlike other toy lines like say Transformers, most of the time the packaging is mint inside and out plus paint apps are great.
    The New King of Eternia
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Snappy Threader
    I only have a few MOC since I open the majority....but the few I have only one has inner dents, and that is Shadow Weaver....

I find a lot of my figures have been damaged in their packaging. Normally it bends weapons out of shape. I've had to start boiling, and dipping them to sort them out. I also get a lot of paint rub-off from things, such as the silver shields on the Eternian Palace Guards leaving silver over their hands.
    The most radical zombie, in all Eternia!
    YouTube: Mal TV - Metal, Toys, Video Games, & Beyond!