Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calix in MOTUC

Calix in MOTUC

Of all the rock people that came to Etheria, You had to figure that one of would have been turned by the horde. And for 200x fans, you get a brand new figure from the series. And since his design is different from the other rock people, you dont feel like you are getting a repaint of one of the rock warrriors. Just give him a stone Horde crossbow, and you got yet another Horde member to add to the ranks.

I'm surprised there isn't already a thread for this guy.

Along with Dactys, Calix is my most wanted 200x figure, and very high in my over all list as well, there both definitely in my top 10, so bring him on, the sooner the better I say.

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

he'd be basically the same as rokkon and stonedar when he's made as a classics figure i take it? i want all three for sure.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I guess it all depends upon whether or not the Stonedar and Rokkon have their action feature, or not. If they do, and their sculpt is compromised like the vintage figures, I don't want Calix to share the same body. However, If they create what is essentially a new rocky buck, I'f be cool with the shared parts.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah Calix, Prahvus, Dactys, and Ceratus are all high on my want list!

I'd love to get a Calix! I think he was much cooler than Carnivus. Hopefully he'll be one of the 200x figures we get in 2012
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    he'd be basically the same as rokkon and stonedar when he's made as a classics figure i take it?
    I really hope not, that wouldn't be Calix!

Wanted:

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Count me in on a Calix!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I definitely want to see Calix, and the sooner the better! That being said, I'd prefer for him not to share a body-plan with Rokkon or Stonedar.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I could have sworn up and down that we HAVE a Calix thread.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I defenitely want Calix and i think Calix could use the bulkier Leech torso with some tweaking.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I could have sworn up and down that we HAVE a Calix thread.
    Me too mate.

Wanted:

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I am always about adding more characters to my shelves and he fits that "classic monsters" influence in the Horde with his Golem theme, so I would take him. There are a lot, A LOT of characters in line before him for me, but I will take him.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Now that we have the massive Leech buck, we can get Calix. He is a Rock Warrior and a Horde Menber. Double cool. But I want him with a red Horde emblem.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I'd love to get Callix! I think he could be made fairly easily, especially with some creative painting.

I have to take the chance to also chant my support/need for the Rock People!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Seeing pictures of this classic print for sale at PowerCon and knowing Mattel now has rights to the Golden books made me think, how would you guys feel about linking Calix to these Rock Warriors?

Maybe something like:
    Hordak used a combination of magic and technology to create the Stone Ray. A device capable of creating rock soldiers out of solid stone. However Hordak was never able to perfect the device which left the rock warriors it created with a fatal flaw. Any contact with water and they would crumble back into to the rocks that birthed them.
    With the help of his Witches and their combined magic, Hordak was able to create one Rock Warrior not susceptible to this weakness, the mighty Calix.
    Calix rose to become a Commander in the Horde army until the fateful day of the assault on Grayskull when Hordak executed Calix for failing him one too many times.

Centuries later Skeletor found the Stone Ray in the ruins of a Horde temple and used it it to create his own army of Rock Warriors which he sent to attack the royal palace. A huge battle took place untill the Masters drove the Rock Warriors back to Snake Mountain where they discovered the secret to destroying the Rock Warriors and the Stone Ray for good.

Calix could even come with the Stone Ray (pictured behind Skeletor on the cover of the book) as his second accessory.

Link to read the whole book:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=757

Last edited by 13977; October 5, 2011 at 04:28pm.

Wanted:

Heroic Warrior
    Since Calix is another "dead" character (brought into MOTU just to be destroyed), if they make him, I hope they do link him to that Golden Book. Personally, I'd just use him as a generic rock warrior.
    ne jabba no badda!

I would love a Calix figure.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

I'm all for Calix and the Rock Warriors. I think they'd be great additions to the line. They'd probably be able to share parts too.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Just like Prahvus, 200x Evil Seed or Lord Dactys, Calix MUST be released in MOTUC !

So please, count me in for Calix support !

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Of all the rock people that came to Etheria, You had to figure that one of would have been turned by the horde. And for 200x fans, you get a brand new figure from the series. And since his design is different from the other rock people, you dont feel like you are getting a repaint of one of the rock warrriors. Just give him a stone Horde crossbow, and you got yet another Horde member to add to the ranks.
    That's actually a great point. I'd love if they made him of the same race (or planet) as the rock people.

And since they stated they are trying to tie all the timelines together, this is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    I am always about adding more characters to my shelves and he fits that "classic monsters" influence in the Horde with his Golem theme, so I would take him. There are a lot, A LOT of characters in line before him for me, but I will take him.
    didnt even think of that. Great connection. I love Der Golem. Great connection. HOrde = Classic Monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Seeing pictures of this classic print for sale at PowerCon and knowing Mattel now has rights to the Golden books made me think, how would you guys feel about linking Calix to these Rock Warriors?

Maybe something like:
    Hordak used a combination of magic and technology to create the Stone Ray. A device capable of creating rock soldiers out of solid stone. However Hordak was never able to perfect the device which left the rock warriors it created with a fatal flaw. Any contact with water and they would crumble back into to the rocks that birthed them.
    With the help of his Witches and their combined magic, Hordak was able to create one Rock Warrior not susceptible to this weakness, the mighty Calix.
    Calix rose to become a Commander in the Horde army until the fateful day of the assault on Grayskull when Hordak executed Calix for failing him one too many times.

Centuries later Skeletor found the Stone Ray in the ruins of a Horde temple and used it it to create his own army of Rock Warriors which he sent to attack the royal palace. A huge battle took place untill the Masters drove the Rock Warriors back to Snake Mountain where they discovered the secret to destroying the Rock Warriors and the Stone Ray for good.

Calix could even come with the Stone Ray (pictured behind Skeletor on the cover of the book) as his second accessory.

Link to read the whole book:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=757

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...cover_full.jpg
    What's great about the cover to that is that Rock Warrior looks like what VIntage Calix would look like. Just make him grey and throw on a (removeable?) horde symbol!
    Last edited by baronterror; October 6, 2011 at 02:21am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    What's great about the cover to that is that Rock Warrior looks like what VIntage Calix would look like. Just make him grey and throw on a (removeable?) horde symbol!
    Exactly thats why I think it such a good idea to link them, and my bio explains why Calix looks a little different as Shadow Weaver and the rest of the witches helped throw some extra magic into to his mix.

Wanted:

Great thread! Calix is my most wanted from the MYP series, and I hope we get him soon!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i've really warmed up to wanting calix to be apart of the motuc collection.
    bring him on, but i would expect much latter.