But I love the Horde characters, I'll buy anyone with a Horde symbol lol
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I'd buy a Calix.

But I love the Horde characters, I'll buy anyone with a Horde symbol lol

Careful, you're starting to sound like me
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

I like Calix. I'll probably be verbally whipped for saying this but I think his design is far superior to Stonedar and Rokkon. He's more visually appealing to me. In the bios I hope they resurrect him by saying that he doesn't really die when he's blown to bits, he just needs to reassemble. I'm not a fan of death in MOTU continuity.

I would love to see Calix. Though I think it might be good if he has the normal red Horde symbol instead of the gray one. Also I'm not against a connection to the rock people like Rokkon and Stonedar (if done right he could share some parts with any future rock people without seeming too recycled). Although I don't know what kind of accessories this guy could come with. A stone Horde crossbow or a cracked second head?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Calix in MOTUC: Rogue Rock Warrior???

In thinking about Calix, and the problem faced by the need or a 100% tool, I started thinking about Stonedar and Rokkon, also needing 100% tools.

Does anyone think that one of the following could work (and work well)?

1) Calix in MOTUC is an evil rock warrior, making him look more like one of our vintage rock guys.
    2) Calix in MOTUC is NOT an evil rock warrior, but all three share a basic rocky buck that, when different armor, heads, and paint apps are added, make them all look unique.

Callix is a humanoid made of stone. Stonedar and Rokkon are spacemen with rock armor.

IMO anyway.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Rokkon, Stonedar and Calix can all share parts.

I actually really like the idea that Calix could be a rock warrior race like Stonedar and Rokkon. NOt only does that tie together the intergalactic nature of the Horde and their (evidentally) common practice of subverting local warriors and creatures to their cause, but it certainly would help link old continuity to old, and if their bucks were similar (or even reuses) I would be completely fine with that. Armour, head sculpt, ect, gives a buck alot of variety.

Bring it on, I say.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    CALIX is a shape-shifter Rock Warrior. After his apparent death by Hordak, he recreates himself...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Wasn't there an old He-Man book that was called "He-Man vs the Rock monsters" or something that had a very Calix-y looking group of charcaters on the front?

EDIT:

If he has ties to Rokkon and Stonedar (and Granita) then he can also have ties to .... OMG .... THE METEORBS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; March 30, 2012 at 06:41pm.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

In that book though, they're non-sentient creatures created by a ray that Skeletor possesses. They (and oddly, the gun itself) were water soluble! (I'd love to get a few Rock Warriors though!)

As for Callix, I like the idea of him being of the same race as the Rock People! Figuring, if he'd been made in the Vintage Line, he'd have been one of their kind. He could share parts with Stonedar, certainly.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I've always thought Calix should be a rogue rock warrior.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    Wasn't there an old He-Man book that was called "He-Man vs the Rock monsters" or something that had a very Calix-y looking group of charcaters on the front?

EDIT:

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...cover_full.jpg

If he has ties to Rokkon and Stonedar (and Granita) then he can also have ties to .... OMG .... THE METEORBS!!!!!!!!!!!
    These are the Rock Monsters I am wanting!
    These would make a great reuse for Calix.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

If there's one thing i didn't like about 200X, it would be the fact that Calix lasts a minute into the show. But he made enough of an impression on me to make me think what could have been...

Totally support Calix making it into the Classics line, preferably without any attachment to Stonedar/Rokkon nor the vintage Rock Soldiers. I don't see why they have to be connected to Calix at all, why can't they be individuals in their own right? Also, I don't think interchanging parts with Stonedar/Rokkon is a good idea... How could they possibly share parts being different sculpts?

Anyway, looking forward to the day Calix becomes part of the line.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I'm definitely onboard for a Calix figure. However, I see no connection between him and Stonedar and Rokkon.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I would love to see Calix sooner than later. I am getting worried that some of the "obscure" MYP characters may be falling off the roadmap with all of the filmation possibilities.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Seeing pictures of this classic print for sale at PowerCon and knowing Mattel now has rights to the Golden books made me think, how would you guys feel about linking Calix to these Rock Warriors?

Maybe something like:
    Hordak used a combination of magic and technology to create the Stone Ray. A device capable of creating rock soldiers out of solid stone. However Hordak was never able to perfect the device which left the rock warriors it created with a fatal flaw. Any contact with water and they would crumble back into to the rocks that birthed them.
    With the help of his Witches and their combined magic, Hordak was able to create one Rock Warrior not susceptible to this weakness, the mighty Calix.
    Calix rose to become a Commander in the Horde army until the fateful day of the assault on Grayskull when Hordak executed Calix for failing him one too many times.

Centuries later Skeletor found the Stone Ray in the ruins of a Horde temple and used it it to create his own army of Rock Warriors which he sent to attack the royal palace. A huge battle took place untill the Masters drove the Rock Warriors back to Snake Mountain where they discovered the secret to destroying the Rock Warriors and the Stone Ray for good.

Calix could even come with the Stone Ray (pictured behind Skeletor on the cover of the book) as his second accessory.

Link to read the whole book:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=757

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...cover_full.jpg
    Id be happy with everything you mentioned, be awesome for Calix to come with the gun.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior
    After seeing Castle Grayskullman I think, he could be in the not too distant future. He only had a very short screentime. Who knows how he would turn out as action figure? If you take a look at the Faceless One, he doesn't exactly look like in the cartoon, neither does Horde Prime.

So would if they'd reuse the Grayskullman boots and feet, sculpted a wider torso over the standart buck like they did with King Hiss- then he wouldn't need that much of new tooling and would look different enough from other figures.

I also though they might be able to used some Grayskullman parts for him and he was also in one panel of the the MOTUC mini-comic #2 which I was pleased to see.
    He's my most wanted 200x character after Dactys and I hope we get them both soon
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

The more Horde members the better. I'm thinking he might be more suited to the Ram Man buck? I guess they could retool him to make him look smaller (Leech buck) but there's something about a rock creature that implies a more hulking stature. Rokkon and Stonedar seem to be more a rocky exterior as if they are fused with the rock rather than being made out of rock...
    Last edited by yeahthatsme1973; July 23, 2012 at 12:33pm.

Yes on Calix and yes on the Ramman buck!

according to some rumors, Calix is next horde member, right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    according to some rumors, Calix is next horde member, right ?
    I hope so, that would be awesome!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Snappy Threader
    Calix is very cool. I made a custom of Calix back in the 200x days using a Yu-Gi-Oh figure. Would love to get a classics version of him.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Star of the Morning View Post
    I'll probably be verbally whipped for saying this but I think his design is far superior to Stonedar and Rokkon. He's more visually appealing to me.
    Not by me. The Rocklord knockoffs are hideous designs that were shoehorned into MOTU much like the Meteorbs. Although I believe Calix was heavily inspired by The Thing, at least the design is aesthetically pleasing.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."