Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking forward to 2013

Looking forward to 2013

Whew....my wallet is broke. 2012 wiped me out some months. Looking into next year, I see months of just one product. Thank God. Gives my bank a little rest. Gives me a chance to slowly expand shelf space for the growing line. Makes each figure seem more special and not lost in the shuffle in over crowded months. 2012 was a jumbled mess, with release delays, multiple subs, and over crowded months. Overall, the character selection, announcements, and final products were worth the headaches, but I can't wait for a more relaxed 2013.
    Good Journey
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

...until December! hehehehehehehe

I may have it even easier as all I'm interested in is Ram Man, Jitsu, Fang Man, and King He-Man (if I can get him via some sort of miracle). If I only get Ram Man next year (pending the rest of the year reveals) I'll be content.
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Quote Originally Posted by JRLTML View Post
    Whew....my wallet is broke. 2012 wiped me out some months. Looking into next year, I see months of just one product. Thank God. Gives my bank a little rest. Gives me a chance to slowly expand shelf space for the growing line. Makes each figure seem more special and not lost in the shuffle in over crowded months. 2012 was a jumbled mess, with release delays, multiple subs, and over crowded months. Overall, the character selection, announcements, and final products were worth the headaches, but I can't wait for a more relaxed 2013.
    Agreed...It's nice getting multiple figures in a month every once in a while, but this year has been way too much. The less figures there are, the more I get a chance to appreciate each one individually.
    The past few months have been ridiculous, and it isn't over yet. December will be nuts as well. I'm on the brink of MOTUC burnout.

Yeah also I'm glad 2013 has less items per month just so it easier on the wallet . 2012 has been alot to fork out each month.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Looking forward to a few figures in 2013...

- Ram-Man
    - Jitsu
    - Clamp-Champ
    - NA He-Man

Could anyone tell me roughly how much 1 figure from matty will cost next year to the UK?

I know that the DOS prices are going up to $27, but how much is the USPS shipping option going to be and roughly how much import duty/tax will we be paying?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm looking forward to

Ram Man
    Jitsu
    Snake Face
    Clamp Champ
    Karatti
    Fang Man
    NA He-Man

Will sell the other stuff, but hope, there will be more vintage stuff for me in the second half...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Ram Man is coming! The wait is nuts!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

For me my sub doesn't offer much....

Ram Man
    Snake Face (never had him, but he looks cool)

King He-Man (only because he's the exclusive)

Netossa (after seeing reviews I'll decide for sure)
    Foe Men (I may or may not keep depending on final reviews)

I don't know about Fang Man & Jitsu, I love Filmation, but don't care much for one time
    or randomly appearing characters, and Jitsu & Clamp Champ, never had them, don't
    really want them now. I don't care for NA at all, and Karatti doesn't appeal to me, so
    won't be buying him, but to be fair whether I like NA or not I would still buy the figure
    if I liked it, but the story to me is crap. Octavia looks decent enough, but I'll have to see
    the reviews and the final figure to decide anything.....I want to sell off figures to aid in
    my Castle Grayskull quest. But I really hope the last of the year after SDCC offers more.....

Mantenna, Dragstor, Two-Bad....come on Mattel, I know you want to make these guys....
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    im looking forward to the x-mas horde trooper 10 pack gift set

and army building ram-man

Quote Originally Posted by miloventimet View Post

- Ram-Man
    - Jitsu
    - Clamp-Champ
    - NA He-Man

Could anyone tell me roughly how much 1 figure from matty will cost next year to the UK?

I know that the DOS prices are going up to $27, but how much is the USPS shipping option going to be and roughly how much import duty/tax will we be paying?
    Check out the UK Collectors thread from this page:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...gs-yet/page149

That should get you up to speed on shipping and fees for next year. Also I'll have a Clamp Champ from my sub I don't want, which might work out cheaper than DOS from Matty (I'm having my sub bulk shipped from a US friend)
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Heroic Warrior
    Isn't there meant to be some kind of special announcement at New York Toy Fair in February 2013 as a result of the 2013 subscriptions selling 35% above the minimum required?

It's *possible* (although probably unlikely) that the announcement could be about additional figures in the form of two-packs, multi-packs or even another mini-sub. Or perhaps just some more stickers and posters?

Heroic Warrior
    Looking forward to it as well. I went from having just three of the figures in the line for a while to plunging in and having 54 of them in the span of the last couple of months, so it'll be nice to stop playing as much catch-up and getting to enjoy the actual new arrivals alongside everyone else. Looking forward to the Castle, very much looking forward to TG's forthcoming announcement regarding "getting more figures out" despite the pullback in subs. Of the upcoming 2013 announced figures:

Netossa - looks to be an okay figure. Never was big into POP so most of them aren't ones I've been clamoring for, but she looks good, and it's nice to get some more diversity in the line.

Ram Man - Oddly, never cared much for the good guys in the vintage line (always found the villain designs and characters much more appealing) and that crossed over into the MOTUC line a bit (though they have FANTASTIC sculpts), but Rammy was always an oddball for me. Despite his "cheapness" compared to the rest of the vintage line, I loved him. And while MOTUC is going the opposite route from the vintage and giving him deluxe treatment, he still stands out as one I think I'm going to really love. Shoulda come with a half-eaten turkey drumstick though...

Jitsu - One of the few vintage Evil Warriors I didn't care for. Was too plain and "normal" and a blatant rip-off of the Fisto good guy (Never really cared for "mirror image"-style villains anyway), but man, the head sculpt alone has sold me on the Classics version. Just gorgeous.

Fang Man - Alongside Lizard Man, I was convinced as a child these two were going to see the light of day in the vintage line; they seemed to show up in promotional material (Panini stickerbooks, for instance) more than the other Filmation characters. 25 or so years later, he's finally here and I am mega-excited over him.

King He-Man - Looks neat, but I'll be honest: While I understand the need to introduce the Dare line with someone recognizable and it being a fit for the variant slot, I'd have preferred one of the actual previously-depicted (in the Dare bible) characters from the line. At least this opens the gates for them (though I'm hoping we get more than just Dare and aged variants of characters we're already familiar with; I want some of the new guys).

Snake Face - My least favorite vintage Snake Man by default (not that he wasn't cool, it was just that the rest were WAY cooler), he looks pretty good here.

Fighting Foe Men - I welcome the concept, prototype and other media (outside the cartoons) characters much more enthusiastically than the vintage and cartoon figures, and glad to see the FFM

Karatti - The original figure was a godawful mess. Classics looks to be a great sculpt, though I still think the color design is a mess (don't get me wrong, Classics looks well done, but there just isn't much they could have done to save that look color-wise.

Octavia - A great-looking translation of the character, looking forward to a new Horde member.

Strobo - A comic character, so definitely high on my want list.

Clamp Champ - Again, never cared much for the goodie-goodies of the original line, but CC does have a nice sculpt.

New Adventures He-Man - One of the more important He-Man variants, and a great looking one to boot. Really wish he would come with the helmet and armor though.

Geldor - can't wait to see the head sculpt on this one
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miloventimet View Post

- Ram-Man
    - Jitsu
    - Clamp-Champ
    - NA He-Man

Check out the UK Collectors thread from this page:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...gs-yet/page149

That should get you up to speed on shipping and fees for next year. Also I'll have a Clamp Champ from my sub I don't want, which might work out cheaper than DOS from Matty (I'm having my sub bulk shipped from a US friend)
    Thanks for the link, that's shed some much needed light on my question.

If you are going to sell your unwanted Clamp Champ, I'd be happy to purchase it from you if it turns out cheaper than getting it from mattys DOS.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Definitely looking forward to Netossa, Ram Man, Fang Man, and Octavia. But I get and love them all.

Can't wait for more 2013 reveals!
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Couldn't agree more! Looking forward to a relaxed and definitely less expensive 2013, even though I signed up for a Sub(first time!).

Ram Man: What else is there to say? The last original Master that has been a staple in every series in every media. He's as important to MOTU as MAA or Teela in my book. The figure itself is properly huge and awesome. I wouldn't have minded a "dwarf" version, but the Horsemen really knocked him out of the park.

Netossa: I've known of her, but I don't think I've even seen the She-Ra episodes that she was in. So she's pretty much a blank slate for me. Wish she came with a second accessory, but it didn't cost out. That's fine, use that cost somewhere else.

Jitsu: Another vintage Evil Warrior! We're just missing Two Bad and Skeletor's crew is taken care of! The headsculpt is amazing, as is the detail on his chopping hand. Wish he had more Staction related garb(like a belt) but oh well. He's still awesome.

Fang Man: This has been 30 years coming! So awesome that he finally gets a figure, and even better that said figure is perfect! Toss in a couple of Filmation only accessories, and Fang Man is truly perfect. This is how Filmation characters should be done!

King He-Man: Love the concept, and the figure is growing on me. Not the colors I would have chosen, but I like that he pays tribute to others(He-Ro, Randor, KG). And of course that banged up Power Sword...genius! Can't wait to get him in my collection.

Snake Face: I love the Snake Men as a faction, and each one seems like a "general" over the generic Snake Men army builders. Matty and the Horsemen really, really got this one right, from the second head to all of the other details.

Fighting Foe Men: Had no idea who these guys(and gal) were, and not sure how they fit in(weren't they supposed to be Demo-Man's gang?), but I'll find a spot for them in my collection. Totally love the removable Horde symbols!

Karatti: Barely knew the character, but after looking him up and seeing the awesome job they did on the figure, I'm all for him!

Octavia: This one covers a whole lot of bases, but I would have much preferred to see Scorpia in her place. Still though, great figure. More Horde is never a bad thing!

Clamp Champ: Another vintage Master that's been retconned into being an important piece of the mythos. The figure is great, not sure about the big silver bump on his back, but otherwise he's a keeper.

NA He-Man: This one I've been waiting for quite a while and they didn't disappoint. I hope they're able to get the armor and second head to cost out, or at least into next year's weapons pak! Toss in a gray NA Power Sword and shield, and we'll be all set. Love, love, love that they worked the H-cross into the design!

I think that covers released stuff. With a few spots left, I see Glimmer and Hydron being 2 of those, and who knows what else. All in all, it's still an exciting time to be a MOTU Classics fan!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'm honestly liking everything that has been announced for 2013 and can't wait to own them. The ones I'm most psyched about are Snake Face, Netossa, Octavia, Karate, Jitsu, Fang-man, Rammy and NA He-Man. I really dig the FFM but we need more pictures of them and their bio(s). Also can't wait to have Strobo and Geldor - Really glad that we're getting more mini comic guys. I really hope we get Lodar, Goat-Man and Rana in the next few years.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

These things have become too easy to collect. I am thus quitting teh lien.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Don't breathe a sigh of relief just yet about 2013 being less of a strain on the wallet

Remember we have the NY Toy Fair announcement to come... and rumor has it that we should save our pennies.

The year is going to be very exciting!!

Netossa: AWESOME. If we get her headdress and a weapon for her, she will probably rival Bow for best POP figure so far I think she is sculpted really well and I appreciate the toy details on the Filmation design.

Ram Man: I'm glad that those who have waited so long will be able to have him. I always loved the character in the Filmation cartoon, and I liked him even more in the MYP cartoon, but the figures were never my favorite. THIS version promises to change my feeling about a Ram Man figure. It is an amazing sculpt.

Jitsu: I really love the face sculpt on him... his armor is beautiful. I'm not sure i understand why he was given two extra weapons that he can't really use properly (those blades would be used at the same time in each hand), but I'm always a fan of Cornboy's accessories - even though I would have preferred his Staction-inspired belt.

King He-Man: No comment really... I wish it had been Miro, or Goat Man, or Lodar, or The Enchantress, or Evilseed, or Veena.... it's a nice figure, but I just don't get it.

Fang Man: A-MA-ZING sculpt. It's obvious when you look at this how much love Eric had for this character. The accessories are all spot-on, and I cannot wait to own him.

Snake Face: He was my least favorite Snake Man in the vintage line, and I LOVED the snake men... but this version is really well done. The head sculpts are perfect - the helmet invokes the MAA helmet and I love that... also love the organic tails hanging off the back of the head with the snakes retracted... brilliant.

The Fighting Foe Men: Clever use of those pilots... I hope the pack comes with a special surprise... I think my favorite (right now) is Dawg-O-Tor (spelling?)... simple, but really well sculpted - and I like that the visor is removable.. wish it were on the female member.

Karatti: Very excited for more NA characters, and this one is one of the lesser known characters who seemed to make it into the line JUST before the pledge from Mattel to focus on more A/B list characters. No complaints here. His head is great - and looks really scary.

Octavia: HOME RUN. The reaction at Power Con was justified. Seriously awesome character that deserves more attention in the mythos. Now we need Sea Hawk and Mermista to fight her.

Clamp Champ: Nice figure... he was one I really loved in the vintage line too... I like that his skin tone is so dark - I hope that doesn't change. Hopefully the fact that they retooled his armor to make him different from Fisto, means that when we get Glimmer and Angella, they too will have slightly different bodices... see that? see what I did there??

NA He-Man: Another home run IF he also comes with his helmeted head and space armor. This will be my definitive He-Man once he is received. The head is PERFECT. The armor is super cool and I love the addition of the He-Man iron cross.

Strobo: This is what this line is about... TOD Sorceress, Strobo, He-Ro, Star Sisters, Procrustus, Shadow Weaver, Octavia... characters I never thought I'd own... Strobo looks so cool, and his accessory is beautiful... now we just need that crazy gun... I wish there were more than one traveling con exclusives.

Don't want to comment on any rumored figures... not yet anyway...

OH!! And Castle Grayskul... a year wait... it's going to be a LONG wait but we are going to have a castle!!!

Thank you, Scott Neitlich and fellow MOTU fans for making this castle happen.
    Last edited by bcrduke; November 22, 2012 at 03:40pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

2013 is gonna be great! I'm actually looking forward to every single release. I think the reveals have been breathtaking so far! As shipping to Germany takes about four weeks, the year will kick off with Granamyr in time for my birthday
    I'm super excited about Ram Man!
    And don't forget there's Castle Grayskull!!!

Mattel might have some other surprises up their sleeves. Who knows, maybe a vehicle pre-order or even the Filmation mini sub that has been rumored or at least talked about.

It might be the best MOTUC year so far
    Awesome sticker included!

2012 was my first full year of collecting this line and it's been a blast.. ! Looking ahead to 2013 i'm excited for Ram Man,Jitsu,Snake Face and Clamp Champ. I'm also going to purchase NA He-Man as well as Karatti and possibly the Fighting Foe Men depending on where I'll display them. Hopefully we have many more years to come collecting this line as it has brought me so much enjoyment.!

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    2012 was also my first full year collecting the line, I've loved every figure so far. 2013 looks like it will top that. Figures I'm looking forward to most are Ram-Man, King He-Man, the Fighting Foe Men and NA He-Man.

It looks like I picked a good year to start collecting MOTUC! Between all the re-releases, sales, and the Matty Essentials, I've been able to catch-up to a near-complete collection. Even my eBay purchases were reasonably priced and I lucked out by getting Shadow Weaver for my birthday. I'm only six items away from having everything now!

Of course, this means it's also been a very expensive year for me so I'm grateful to tone it down considerably. A monthly figure, with a few extras sprinkled in from time to time, is much more manageable and will help me save up for Castle Grayskull next year. Personally, I don't think MOTUC needs to be so "robust" at this stage...Most of the A-Listers are done and I'd rather see the core figures get made instead of padding out the line too much with more concept characters.

Remember we have the NY Toy Fair announcement to come... and rumor has it that we should save our pennies.

Yea, I'm wondering just how much this announcement will cost? I know it is going to be epic, but lets see what the wallet can actually do.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post

Yea, I'm wondering just how much this announcement will cost? I know it is going to be epic, but lets see what the wallet can actually do.
    I'm hoping for 4x quarterly Two-Packs (maybe one from each faction: Vintage, POP, Filmation and NA) That would get us 8 extra figures and please fans of all factions/eras. I don't think there are enough core fan demanded characters from 200x to include in this, which is why I left that era out.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    2013 will probabably be just as expensive on a monthly basis for me because I already subscribed to the Watchmen figures and I figure they will have another special monthly sub like the 2012 30th sub.