Thread: Evil HORDE PLAYSETS

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

Evil HORDE PLAYSETS

If we get the Slime Pit must be connectable to the Fright Zone in order to create a larger playset?

We must get 3 different playsets connectables?

- Slime Pit
    - Fright Zone (based on filmation design) - Horde Headquarters
    - Cavern of Terror (vintage "Fright Zone" toy) - Horde Prison and home of the Beast Monster

TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

as a kid i never understood why the frightzone looked nothing like the cartoon one.

as for interlocking... i'd just be happy if they could lock in to the battle stands somehow (if there's a horde one coming)

It might be blasphemy, but I'd almost rather have a classic's Fright Zone and Slime Pit before Castle Grayskull.

I've never seen that fright zone poster before. It looks awesome! (though not really as a Fright Zone though.

Well the new Leech does look like that snake creature from the Fright Zone...
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I've never seen that fright zone poster before. It looks awesome! (though not really as a Fright Zone though.
    you should ook at the Earl Norem posters and book covers, some AWESOME artwork you might be missing out on.

I love the idea of these playsets linking up.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I, too, would prefer a Fright Zone (Filmation-style) playset before Snake Mountain or Castle Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    It might be blasphemy, but I'd almost rather have a classic's Fright Zone and Slime Pit before Castle Grayskull.
    Not at all! A lot of people (me included) love The Horde! I think a small diorama (cough playset cough) like the Slime Pit would look incredible, sell well and be more feasible than a $300 Castle Grayskull

And I LOVE the idea of making the Slime Pit and Fright Zone interlock in some way... I wouldn't be able to buy that fast enough

Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    Not at all! A lot of people (me included) love The Horde!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who would rather get the Slime Pit or Fright Zone first. I love them, The Horde aren't even my favorite faction. As characters they were kind of weakly developed outside of Hordak, but they were hands down the best toys in the vintage line. That's why I love them so much.

I think a small diorama (cough playset cough) like the Slime Pit would look incredible, sell well and be more feasible than a $300 Castle Grayskull
    That was my thinking. I need a Castle Grayskull, but as a kid I got more enjoyment out of the Slime Pit and the Fright Zone as toys.

I think a Classics Slime Pit as sort of a large diorama to test the waters, so to speak, would be a good idea.

I would like a toy-accurate Fright Zone and Slime Pit to be offered sooner than later, as they are smaller sized and probably easier and cheaper to produce than a Grayskull or Snake Mountain. Offer up a Slime Pit that can connect somehow to the Fright Zone and that would be a great update! As for the Filmation Fright Zone, it worked for the cartoon to have it be this massive big black factory that looked like it was bleeding Etheria dry, but it can't realistically be translated into an actual toy without it costing like $1200 dollars.

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    You had me at Evil Horde.

In other words yes, yes and yes.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

I assumed the Frightzone we got as a playset in the 80s was the Hordes Eternia base and the cartoon version was the Etheria one so I would want them seperate though I think it would be cool if they were connectable for those who do want to put them together.

I would prefer The Fright Zone or Snake Mountain before Castle Graskull. I already have two cool Caste Grayskulls but was never happy with the 80s Fright Zone or Snake Mountain.

I'll bet the Horsemen could whip up a nifty set that combined all three into a super toy. I'd buy it!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    You had me at Evil Horde.

In other words yes, yes and yes.

It's like the Horde logo is MOTUC's bat-signal... just show us the product and we are there!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'd love ALL the Horde Playsets!

Give us The Filmation Fright Zone, The 80's toy Fright Zone but maybe call it Beast Island, Give us the Slime Pit with a slime mutant exclusive figure, Horror Hall, Scorpion Hill.....
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I'd like mini models for things like the Filmation Fright Zone, Scorpion Hill, and Horror Hall (as well as Brightmoon, Crystal Castle, and Mystacor). Actually that's what I'd prefer to playsets all over, but I think I'll get more support if I just say "in addition to" playsets (that I'll never buy).

I do not want the toy Fright Zone or that ill-conceived hybrid rendering from the Etheria map either. Terrible idea to ruin one of Filmation's most impressive settings.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    As for the Filmation Fright Zone, it worked for the cartoon to have it be this massive big black factory that looked like it was bleeding Etheria dry, but it can't realistically be translated into an actual toy without it costing like $1200 dollars.
    This. It was a full-blown CITY. There's no way in hell they could possibly render that in a scale that could interact with MotUC figures.

Good idea
    action features for action figures!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I have found this image and I believe this can be easily translated into a toy:

It reminds me in someway (strange high-tech structures) to certain Batcave playsets...

TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    If we get the Slime Pit must be connectable to the Fright Zone in order to create a larger playset?

We must get 3 different playsets connectables?

- Slime Pit
    - Fright Zone (based on filmation design) - Horde Headquarters
    - Cavern of Terror (vintage "Fright Zone" toy) - Horde Prison and home of the Beast Monster
    I agree!
    You tube recommended me a review on the Fright Zone.
    The guy is complaining about that it wasn't cartoon accurate and that it was too small, with a few tricks and too fragile.
    I always liked it even though I was never able to get it, but now I saw it with different eyes, it's not the cartoon accurate issue that bother me but for the fact that it was nothin' compared with the Heroic Warrior playset, Castle Grayskull, and the Evil Warriors playset, Snake Mountain.
    Then looking at the review I've come up with one thing: the Horde also had the Slime Pit!
    And if Mattel rather than sell an entire playset had thought of a group of mini playset to create the real Fright Zone?
    After all the vintage Fright Zone seems to be a part of the real Fright Zone, as well as the Slime Pit!
    So I came here on org and ta-dah! You had the same idea!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess