Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.63!

Heroic Warrior
    Oh man, I hope they don't plan on making figs from this storyline. Piece of bloodclot crap if you ask me. I don't mind if elements are intertwined into the bios, but we got so many characters to be made. Don't get me wrong. I have no problem collecting MOTUC for the next 10 years. But, we just got the Filmation license. Do we really need these Son of He-Man characters pushing all other characters? Cheese N Rice, I find this story stupid.

I guess I can't blame ToyGuru for the, imo, bad idea of Skeletor Jr, but he still didn't need to include it.

1-3 Filmation characters a year? Now I wish we got a Filmation based Toyline even more. MOTUC will most surely end before all of the popular Filmation characters are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    baronterror, why don't you want Dare's parents to be Adora and Sea Hawk as intended?
    I'm surprised you do. That would mean She-Ra is either a deadbeat mom, dead, or out of commission for quite awhile.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; August 20, 2011 at 12:37am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm surprised you do. That would mean She-Ra is either a deadbeat mom, dead, or out of commission for quite awhile.
    ...or none of the above. Were Queen Marlena or King Randor any of the above when Adora went missing for 16-18 years? I mean...it's the same storyline, but in the future.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

...or none of the above. Were Queen Marlena or King Randor any of the above when Adora went missing for 16-18 years? I mean...it's the same storyline, but in the future.
    If they went by the canon for the proposed He-Ro toon, She-Ra wasn't going to have been revealed until the last episode. That's pretty out of commission. It also begs the question of why Adam would keep that a secret. It makes him kind of a ****. Also, Adora was "missing" before she was even introduced. We weren't missing her since we didn't know anything about her.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    If they went by the canon for the proposed He-Ro toon, She-Ra wasn't going to have been revealed until the last episode. That's pretty out of commission. It also begs the question of why Adam would keep that a secret. It makes him kind of a ****. Also, Adora was "missing" before she was even introduced. We weren't missing her since we didn't know anything about her.
    The King, Queen, Sorceress and Man-At-Arms were missing her.

Also, She-Ra and Sea Hawk probably aren't there because they're on the expedition of a lifetime searching for their son. Across planets and maybe time itself!

They could also both be trapped in an alternate dimension. Who knows. Possibilities are endless. I like the idea of She-Ra and Sea Hawk fighting, even through the depths of hell, searching for Dare all these years! EPIC.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I really like the idea of "Dare" being Evil-Lyn & Skeletor's lost son, raised up to become a heroic warrior by Adam & Teela in the future- being handed down the Power Of Grayskull. As for him becoming "He-Ro"... I know the original proposed series' He-Ro was going to be quite different from the Mattel proposed Powers Of Grayskull version of He-Ro... but what if this is a chance to tie it all together and- stay with me here- make "Dare" Ro instead, and have him actually become the He-Ro we have now in MOTUC (great strength, plus magic- hmm... where'd he get that magic from eh? Mom and Pop, of course!)... and of course there'd have to be some time travelling element at the end of it all where He-Ro goes back to the past, becomes a great cosmic warrior, gets tangled up with Hordak... gets sent to Eternia, meets up with King Grayskull... passes the Power Sword to King Grayskull upon his death... and, storywise, it all becomes a giant loop!

Also, with the possible switch of Evil-Lyn & Skeletor being Dare/Ro/He-Ro's parents, it doesn't change at all that little bit in King Adam's bible bio where it says "Is it possible they are connected by blood?"- because Dare/Ro/He-Ro would technically be King Adam's cousin.

I was thinking the exact same thing! I'm positive this is where they're going with it in these bios. Future He-Ro will wind up being Preternia He-Ro who will in turn send his own mother, baby Evil-Lyn, into the future. He'll be He-Man's time-displaced cousin instead of his ancestor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattel
    the scientists come up a lot on fan posts
    WHAT?!! They come up a lot in posts of pure loathing perhaps. Pretty sure I see Master Sebrian come up a lot more than the scientists.

Heroic Warrior
    4. Prahvus:
    Now that Filmation characters are game since the rights were acquired, how will they have an impact on the "MOTUC roadmap" that was supposed to go until 2018?

We’ve populated the line with 1-3 Filmation characters per year which yes, has pushed out our “roadmap” by quite a few years. But keep in mind that each year we green light one year at a time and just lift those figures from the roadmap. We do not have the green light to go forward on anything past 2012 right now.

If anything, the addition of Filmation library of characters (and Golden Book and magazine characters) has forced us to make hard choices as each year was already really strong in terms of a perfect mix of characters (i.e. between factions like POP, Horde, Masters, Evil Warriors, NA etc…) Now that we have additional character pools it means we had to make hard decisions on who to push out from an already fair and balanced roll out, schedule to accommodate Filmation characters into each year. Not an easy task!

5. Sailoruranus:
    Now that you have the rights to the cartoons, what New Adventures cartoon characters would you love to see in toy form?

Mara and the scientists come up a lot on fan posts but they may not be the biggest priority over some of the other more requested Filmation characters. Keep in mind we only have 12 slots per year and that needs to also include vintage figures and new character from 2002 as well. We aren’t going to just move forward with an all Filmation/Jetlag year or anything like that. We will be sprinkling these figures into the line a little at a time.

OK. Great answers to these important questions !

So, from what I gather:

1) The Filmation/Jetlag rights will add several years to the roadmap ("several" means at least 2, which should lead us to 2020 at least IF the line is still doing well)

2) Just like the other factions, the Filmation/Jetlag characters will be "sprinkled" each year (we know there will be 3 Filmation figures in 2012, and I suspect this might be the case for the following years too).

3) The new roadmap including the Filmation/Jetlag characters will cause "hard decisions on who to push out from an already fair and balanced roll out". I guess this means we can expect more vintage favorites to be delayed... of course, this might be balanced by the fact that some Filmation characters are really cool and highly requested.

Oh... and while Mara is certainly a character that needs to be released in MOTUC, I'm not so sure about the NA scientists (personally, I can't stand them)...

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing! I'm positive this is where they're going with it in these bios. Future He-Ro will wind up being Preternia He-Ro who will in turn send his own mother, baby Evil-Lyn, into the future. He'll be He-Man's time-displaced cousin instead of his ancestor.
    It kind of all comes together rather nicely this way too (well, there's that whole He-Ro not really having the skin tone you might expect a yellow Evil-Lyn + Half-Gar Keldor offspring having... but I'm willing to overlook that!). So what kind of prize do we get if we've figured this out?

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    It kind of all comes together rather nicely this way too (well, there's that whole He-Ro not really having the skin tone you might expect a yellow Evil-Lyn + Half-Gar Keldor offspring having... but I'm willing to overlook that!). So what kind of prize do we get if we've figured this out?
    A lifetime supply of free subscriptions.

Yes please.

so Dare gets sent to the past for some reason and becomes he-ro somehow and skeletor's son gets sent to the future? hmm, i was hoping a mini-skeletor vs mini-heman smack down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    so Dare gets sent to the past for some reason and becomes he-ro somehow and skeletor's son gets sent to the future? hmm, i was hoping a mini-skeletor vs mini-heman smack down.
    They're just speculating. The Dare that's He-Ro didn't do any time traveling and he was 100% a different character. He's blonde with a ponytail, for example and fights with a bird. No magical stone staff.

EDIT:

For anyone one that wants to know the truth about Dare, Toyguru clarified the answer. It contains BIO SPOILERS!

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...017#7561037017
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 20, 2011 at 03:22pm.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Dare becoming past He-Ro creates a very odd time loop. Why would he become past He-Ro and also what would happen to the Power of Grayskull in the future?

Just speculating.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    One reason I would prefer Keldor's son to become Dare and the next to wield the Power of Grayskull is that it would finally break the theme of genetic predestination that has become too predominant in MOTU for my liking. It would be fun to have someone who is the opposite of his father/mother rather than being doomed to tread in his/her footsteps.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mechthild View Post
    One reason I would prefer Keldor's son to become Dare and the next to wield the Power of Grayskull is that it would finally break the theme of genetic predestination that has become too predominant in MOTU for my liking. It would be fun to have someone who is the opposite of his father/mother rather than being doomed to tread in his/her footsteps.
    Like Keldor and Evil-Lyn? Their parents were good people.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Like Keldor and Evil-Lyn? Their parents were good people.
    Do we know, really? Was Keldor's mom good or evil? Was it good that Miro banished his own son? What do we really know about the Powers family outside of the fact that Evil-Lyn's father screwed up?

Contrast this with Adam (future ruler of Eternia because of his father and grandfather, He-Man because of his ancient ancestor) or Teela (Sorceress because of her "mother"). If we added Keldor's son becoming Skeletor II, that would be taking it too far.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I didn't realize that they actually had the rights to do the He-Ro: Son of He-Man characters!

I know some threads popped up talking about them, but I didn't see this answer from the WTFWTK!

I would definitely love to get He-Ro, Dare, and Skeletor as he appears in this "bible". I also would love to get this version of Man-E-Faces. I don't care how these get released (they could be an SDCC exclusive multi-pack or something), but I would definitely love to get them!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Wow, that version of Evil-Lyn is dead sexy!! I want that figure, as is!

I was just sitting here thinking about the elements in BG Evil-Lyn's bio that might be setting up the He-Ro, Son of He-Man story, and I came up with a possible direction Mattel might be going in.

What if Mattel's ultimate goal is to have Dare go up against Skeletor and Evil-Lyn's son on future Eternia? You know, sort of starting everything over and mirroring the He-Man/Skeletor struggle.

Think about it. Adam goes to Etheria and gives Adora the Sword of Protection. She joins The Rebellion, eventually meets Sea Hawk and then has a kid with him. However, since He-Man and She-Ra are destined to follow Skeletor/The Evil Horde to the Tri-Solar System, the balance of good and evil shifts once more in the future due to Evil-Lyn's son (in the twins' absence, she could have come into power through her son, having taught him the dark arts since she no longer has her powers), so Adora and Sea Hawk's son is taken away from them after a few years and sent to Eternia to maintain the balance. They aren't told of his whereabouts. Nobody is aware of him on Eternia until Sorceress Teela has a vision...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I was just sitting here thinking about the elements in BG Evil-Lyn's bio that might be setting up the He-Ro, Son of He-Man story, and I came up with a possible direction Mattel might be going in.

What if Mattel's ultimate goal is to have Dare go up against Skeletor and Evil-Lyn's son on future Eternia? You know, sort of starting everything over and mirroring the He-Man/Skeletor struggle.

Think about it. Adam goes to Etheria and gives Adora the Sword of Protection. She joins The Rebellion, eventually meets Sea Hawk and then has a kid with him. However, since He-Man and She-Ra are destined to follow Skeletor/The Evil Horde to the Tri-Solar System, the balance of good and evil shifts once more in the future due to Evil-Lyn's son (in the twins' absence, she could have come into power through her son, having taught him the dark arts since she no longer has her powers), so Adora and Sea Hawk's son is taken away from them after a few years and sent to Eternia to maintain the balance. They aren't told of his whereabouts. Nobody is aware of him on Eternia until Sorceress Teela has a vision...
    That sounds interesting.

I really hope they are not getting into that direction. Why does everything in the new 'all-encompassing' storyline seems so hellbent on stealing He-Man's thunder? I liked the King Grayskull idea, but first multiple He-Men and now replacing him by his son is just a bridge too far for my taste.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Why does everything in the new 'all-encompassing' storyline seems so hellbent on stealing He-Man's thunder?
    Money. Remember, they're creating a story that tries to include as many available characters +++ as possible.

That is an interesting theory, kind of like history repeating itself
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I really hope they are not getting into that direction. Why does everything in the new 'all-encompassing' storyline seems so hellbent on stealing He-Man's thunder? I liked the King Grayskull idea, but first multiple He-Men and now replacing him by his son is just a bridge too far for my taste.
    He-Man's ADOPTED son. It's really his nephew...but he doesn't know it! Just like he doesn't know who his uncle is!

Money. Remember, they're creating a story that tries to include as many available characters +++ as possible.
    Money ruins everything

He-Man's ADOPTED son. It's really his nephew...but he doesn't know it! Just like he doesn't know who his uncle is!
    doesn't matter if it isn't his biological son, it feels to me like He-Man is getting a side-character in his own show
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader