Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62

Thread: Kay-La Support Thread

  1. #1
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,814

    Kay-La Support Thread

    Now that we know Mattel has access to He-Ro Son Of He-Man (thanks to Jon-O's excellent question), who here is up for a Kay-La figure? (Yeah, I know. More characters taking up slots )






  2. #2
    Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Neoternia
    Posts
    2,456
    You're welcome, thank you, and I want one!!!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

  3. #3
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,608
    I'm ignorant here. Where do these characters come from (including the different looks of Ram Man and Man-E)?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

  4. #4
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,717
    Not for me, I don't like the whole He-Ro, son of He-Man concept (nor the new designs for that matter).

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'm ignorant here. Where do these characters come from (including the different looks of Ram Man and Man-E)?
    you can read it here
    http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/exclus...le-intro.shtml
    Last edited by Crusader; August 19, 2011 at 07:21pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  5. #5
    The Original! guitargod694's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    6,191
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'm ignorant here. Where do these characters come from (including the different looks of Ram Man and Man-E)?
    A rejected pitch from the mid-90s for a new cartoon featuring He-Ro, Son of He-Man.
    http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/exclus...le-intro.shtml
    Bill :: guitargod694

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior SnakeTeela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    711
    No thanks. I'm nervous all of the POP girls wont make it out (since they added filmation characters and theres all this talk of the sub sales decreasing) so I'd hate to show support for other girls who might take their place.

    Just cant do it. I have no emotional attachment to this character and the design is kinda horrible, IMO.

    Give me all the vintage POP girls (or even half), the main Filmation girls (Octavia, Scorpia, Kittrina), maybe Mara and Crita from NA, Veena and Hawke from 200x and then we can talk about females like this.

    I think Mattel is doing great with the female figures with what they've shown at this years SDCC but I'm still very nervous considering we were promised 4 females in 2011 and only 1 of them was POP (not counting She-Ra 2.0). I'll wait and see how the rest of this year goes but unless they get a move on the secondary POP girls theres no way we will get them all. So I just cant put my support behind characters like this at this time.

  7. #7
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,919
    Yes please, and thank you Jon-O!

    Kay-La should be Fisto's daughter and Man-At-Arms be Teela's biological father (LOTS of stuff in the cartoon point to it before Fisto was introduced). I fully believe the cartoon was gearing up for a "which is my real daddy?" storyline and the Maury results would have come in by the Sorceress finally admitting it was Man-At-Arms.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  8. #8
    Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Neoternia
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Yes please, and thank you Jon-O!
    You're welcome!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior BlueStreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,905
    No thanks. There's not one thing about this entire rejected pitch that I like.

  10. #10
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,919
    Come on guys, she's Kay-Lion-O!

    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  11. #11
    Heroic Warrior Neal1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    No thanks. There's not one thing about this entire rejected pitch that I like.
    Part of me wants to like this, but for me this is moving further and further away from the Motu I know. It's just too radical for me. Too super hero-like, if you know what I mean.

  12. #12
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,832
    i just dont want them.
    air bag & fork lift are awful. sounds like new marvel character for the wrecking crew.

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior Dark Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    apache junction az
    Posts
    2,847
    i want them all! i love all the pix from that story

    the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

    For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior bribri4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairview Heights, IL
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    No thanks. I'm nervous all of the POP girls wont make it out (since they added filmation characters and theres all this talk of the sub sales decreasing) so I'd hate to show support for other girls who might take their place.

    Just cant do it. I have no emotional attachment to this character and the design is kinda horrible, IMO.

    Give me all the vintage POP girls (or even half), the main Filmation girls (Octavia, Scorpia, Kittrina), maybe Mara and Crita from NA, Veena and Hawke from 200x and then we can talk about females like this.

    I think Mattel is doing great with the female figures with what they've shown at this years SDCC but I'm still very nervous considering we were promised 4 females in 2011 and only 1 of them was POP (not counting She-Ra 2.0). I'll wait and see how the rest of this year goes but unless they get a move on the secondary POP girls theres no way we will get them all. So I just cant put my support behind characters like this at this time.
    AMEN. So funny all these people screaming about the line dying but lets get another support thread for someone few people have ever heard of. I agree with the above statement on i want all the POP girls, the big Filmation ones (Razz, Scorpia, Octavia, Kittrina, Shokoti, Enchantress, Dree Elle, and Spritina,) Veena, Hawke, and Illumina, and Mara, Crita, and Drissi.

  15. #15
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,814
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    AMEN. So funny all these people screaming about the line dying but lets get another support thread for someone few people have ever heard of. I agree with the above statement on i want all the POP girls, the big Filmation ones (Razz, Scorpia, Octavia, Kittrina, Shokoti, Enchantress, Dree Elle, and Spritina,) Veena, Hawke, and Illumina, and Mara, Crita, and Drissi.
    Maybe a support thread on an obscure character is just what we need at this time.

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior DC_WARLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Skartaris
    Posts
    1,161
    The HE-RO story is interesting, and the character looks pretty cool. The one STAR SISTER has the crotch piece (panty bottom) that would work.

    But maybe something like that should come a little later down the road. You know... let more of the 'established' stuff be made first.

    Just my opinion.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,335
    Those characters couldn't be anymore 90's than if they were created by Rob Liefeld himself.

    I'd buy Kay-La, Rammy, and Manny.

    I can't vouch for the other two morts.

  18. #18
    Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,202
    Those designs are just a little too Liefeld-esque for my liking!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

  19. #19
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,743
    I would LOVE to see anything from the Dare/He-Ro concept!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior RyanSD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Those designs are just a little too Liefeld-esque for my liking!
    This was my first thought as well. They look like they're more from 'Heroes Reborn' rather than a MOTU mythos. A definite big PASS on these figures. Some concepts deserve to stay in un-produced.

  21. #21
    Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Maybe a support thread on an obscure character is just what we need at this time.
    tsk tsk tsk! pokey pokey!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

    Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

    Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

  22. #22
    Heroic Warrior bribri4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fairview Heights, IL
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Maybe a support thread on an obscure character is just what we need at this time.
    Maybe at this time would work if it wasn't all the time that theres a support thread going on. People are complaining about obscure characters with Catra, Bow, and Flipshot who were leads in their respective series.

  23. #23
    Argenternian heavy-eternium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    BUENOS AIRES,ARGENTINA,SOUTH OF HEAVEN
    Posts
    1,810
    that character always caught my attention, she looks interesting.

    would have been great to have another motu series to talk.

    air-bag rules!!!
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,335
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    They look like they're more from 'Heroes Reborn' rather than a MOTU mythos.
    They wish they were from Heroes Reborn. They look like characters that would've died in their second panel of "Brigade" bad.

    The only thing they need are names like- Stormblood, Bloodkill, Killstorm, Bloodblood, or Killkill. Though Airbag and Forklift are more than bad enough.

  25. #25
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,264
    So Kay-La could be Fisto's daughter? Nice but am not fussed about her at this point, maybe further down the line.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •