Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kay-La Support Thread

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I prefer POP first, Mermista, Frosta or Double Trouble are "must haves" in my collection.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    tsk tsk tsk! pokey pokey!
    Seriously though, maybe it's the multiple folks complaining about the ONE 3-Pack of "obscure" characters, and saying they won't buy a subscription because of said 3-Pack, that's doing the damage around here. A thread like this at least gives the outward impression that MOTUC is still a viable line.

Now some folks are acting like there's better things to do than requesting lesser-known characters. What better things? We already did what we could so far as getting Mattel to lower costs where they can (i.e. combining shipping on separate subscriptions...okay, well this doesn't exactly work in international fans favor in some cases, potentially doing an add on for the 30th Anniversary figures, etc.)

It not as if "screaming about the line dying" is going to lower the $510 price tag.

I remember this pitch well from the misty days of the early .org (after it was rejected and shared with us). And I still consider it the same way I did then.

It's way WAY too Extreme 1990's for my taste.

Heroic Warrior
    I think Kay-La should be Clamp Champ's daughter/niece. Reading the Bio's and mini-comic and knowing Clamp Champ will be come Man-At-Arms it gives the story a fresh look. But I know the big question is Would MOTU fans accept Dare and Kay-La together if she was Clamp Champ's daughter/niece.

Kay-La sure looks to be Teela 2.0 except she's a white haird pretty girl rather than a fiery redhead. I agree with others that we should get the POP girls out of the way first.

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Those characters couldn't be anymore 90's than if they were created by Rob Liefeld himself.
    not liefeld and his sense of anatomy proportions please

they lack in design and i didnt grow up with them so NO.

Heroic Warrior
    I really like this redesign of Kay-La by Micro-Man. The way he used Clamp Champ's armor for the costume detail is nice. She could be his niece or daughter either way this version of her looks great

kaylaredesign01x.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    Where did the "Clamp Champ's niece" idea come from? I think I'd rather have Kay-la be Duncan's niece. I've already got CC being Dekker's nephew, so to me, CC having a niece as well makes it too convoluted.

I actually love the idea of her being CC's niece. Either way though, I think she'd make a great figure. I really hope to get more into the SoHM era.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

The blue hair makes her to much Netossa for me. Again a dark skinned female with gladiator trademarks and than she is having light blue hair...again.

Why not stick to the white hair but i guess that´s to much Ororo so maybe purple hair?
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Purple would be a great color to use for her

I can't really see this happening at this point, but if it does, I would buy KAY-LA. I like her design.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kunle View Post
    I really like this redesign of Kay-La by Micro-Man. The way he used Clamp Champ's armor for the costume detail is nice. She could be his niece or daughter either way this version of her looks great

kaylaredesign01x.jpg
    Yes! I like this more. Being CC's niece.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Yes please, and thank you Jon-O!

Kay-La should be Fisto's daughter and Man-At-Arms be Teela's biological father (LOTS of stuff in the cartoon point to it before Fisto was introduced). I fully believe the cartoon was gearing up for a "which is my real daddy?" storyline and the Maury results would have come in by the Sorceress finally admitting it was Man-At-Arms.
    i agree Darkspecter

...and she's cooler than the most PoP girls!

i just dont want them.
    air bag & fork lift are awful. sounds like new marvel character for the wrecking crew.
    kylun flac pal i can't agree you with the right story they are not so bad.
    I think they are in same way usefull like Ram-Man

ich will sie alle! Ich liebe all die Bilder aus dieser Geschichte
    i agree again!

@bribri4u
    i don't see when not all other vintage females can came when only why Kay-La came ?
    and i would love to see all in your list as MOTUC!

@Jedi_Kunle & kylun ​​flac
    Absolutly bad idea "Kay-La as Clamp Champs" daughter!
    only wanted Option is Kay-La as Fisto's daughter!!!!

I love the design from Lou and don't need a Netossa + Oro (from X-Men) mixed redesign from her!
    Last edited by ˛He-Ro; April 16, 2013 at 08:40pm.
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro˛ - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Thanks for bringing up my redesign, Jedi Kunle, I appreciate it! I've been meaning to do more SoHM redesigns soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Where did the "Clamp Champ's niece" idea come from? I think I'd rather have Kay-la be Duncan's niece. I've already got CC being Dekker's nephew, so to me, CC having a niece as well makes it too convoluted.
    I think the concept came about as people have adapted the new MOTUC canon into the original Son of He-Man story. The old series bible described Kay-La as Man-at-Arms' niece. It never mentioned Duncan, even though it was always assumed. However, with Duncan being killed off in the Second Ultimate Battleground in the MOTUC bios, it opens up the possibility that Kay-La may be related to the new MAA, Clamp Champ.

Personally, I adopted this twist in my version of the SoHM story. I just thought it was more interesting than the more convoluted Duncan family tree. Otherwise, Kay-La would have to be Fisto's daughter...Which might make her Teela's sister...And I was never a fan of that concept to begin with, heheh!

Anyway, I would also like to see a Kay-La figure made for MOTUC. I feel she's an important part of the SoHM faction, along with Queen Teela. Whether they choose to make her Duncan's niece or Clamp Champ's, I'd buy her!

ok Kay-La looks interesting but seriously those other guys looks woeful. so if these were hero characters what did the villians look like ?

But if you think it was duncan her daught you implement Teela is Fistos daughter but this is nothing more as fooly!
    All think why fisto have red Hair she must have the same, but people forget Teelana have red/redbrown hair too in the cartoon!

The Vintage Cartoon implent that duncan is the True Father and self the 200X Episode show that duncan or a Stranger is more Posible as Malcom!

i disgust the idea Clamp-Champ become one of the Royal Family as Kay-La her father
    --- MOTUC need now General Darius --- Darius as MOTUC Topic

...if you are He-Ro˛ - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Reconning Kay-La to be Fisto's daughter in MOTUC make perfect sense IMO, after all the HRSOHM bible does say she is MAA's niece.
    But who should her mother be, a unknown, or maybe one of the POP gals, or how about Ileena?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Reconning Kay-La to be Fisto's daughter in MOTUC make perfect sense IMO, after all the HRSOHM bible does say she is MAA's niece.
    But who should her mother be, a unknown, or maybe one of the POP gals, or how about Ileena?
    Yes the "He-Ro: Son of He-Man" Bible does say Kay-La is MAA's niece, but which one? When the HRSOHM Bible was written, there were no candidates for the title of Man-At-Arms in existence other than Duncan. With the new Bio's we now have three more MAA for the Masters Classics Version of the story, Man-At-Arms during this period would be Sir Lazer-Lot or Clamp Champ. With SLL having no siblings in the future this only leaves CC as a likely candidate as a uncle to Kay-La.
    Last edited by Jedi_Kunle; April 30, 2013 at 06:51am.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Kunle View Post
    Yes the "He-Ro: Son of He-Man" Bible does say Kay-La is MAA's niece, but which one? When the HRSOHM Bible was written, there were no candidates for the title of Man-At-Arms in existence other than Duncan. With the new Bio's we now have three more MAA for the Masters Classics Version of the story, Man-At-Arms during this period would be Sir Lazer-Lot or Clamp Champ. With SLL having no siblings in the future this only leaves CC as a likely candidate as a uncle to Kay-La.
    Exactly, when the bible was written Duncan was the only MAA, so when it says she is MAA's niece then they can only mean Duncan. No need to change this in Classics IMO
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Ok, if Kay-La is Fisto's daughter, and if Duncan is Teela's real father. How could Dare have a relationship with his own cousin. I believe that Duncan, not Fisto is the true father of Teela. It makes more sense if Clamp Champ was the father of Kay-La. With the rumored death of Clamp Champ, maybe Sir Laser-Lot takes her in and raises her at the Royal Palace. It would be cool if the mother was Netossa.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still down for Kay-La.

I don't care what her official story is being I usually change them to my preference during my "playtime" anyway. I just want cool looking, interesting figures first and foremost.

Also interested in the Rammy and Manny. But of course they would be all-new characters in my canon.

Eh, she'd be cool to do a custom of, or to be released in, say, 2018. There are about 50 characters I'd want before Kay-La, but I wouldn't be opposed. I'd want all vintage MOTU/POP/NA and major Filmation/JetLag/200X/Mini Comics characters before her though

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful94 View Post
    Ok, if Kay-La is Fisto's daughter, and if Duncan is Teela's real father. How could Dare have a relationship with his own cousin. I believe that Duncan, not Fisto is the true father of Teela. It makes more sense if Clamp Champ was the father of Kay-La. With the rumored death of Clamp Champ, maybe Sir Laser-Lot takes her in and raises her at the Royal Palace. It would be cool if the mother was Netossa.
    Dare is the son of Sea Hawk and Adora, and Teela is his aunt by marriage, making her cousin Kay-La no relation to him at all.

Absolutely, I would love a Son of He-Man mini-sub.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."