View Poll Results: Are you interested in the glow-in-the-dark King Grayskull figure Mattel announced?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

65 58.56%
  • No

46 41.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you interested inMattel's new glow-in-the-dark King Grayskull figure?

Are you interested inMattel's new glow-in-the-dark King Grayskull figure?

Next year's chase figure has been announced. Are you interested in this figure?

I'm interested in it, but I don't think it's a great use of a SKU. I understand it's probably no new tooling for budget reasons, butt there's a at least a dozen figures that would have been better repaints.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I would be if I can get him.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I voted yes. I've always been a fan of glow in the dark figures.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Am I interested in him? No.

Will I get him? Yes.

Grumble, grumble, completionist....... grumble....
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

If I was going to get one version of KGS, it'd be this one. But, I don't have time to keep checking back on Matty, and ebay prices are going to be inflated, so I probably won't get one
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

They had me at GITD.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Not one bit.
    Want to buy - Toys r Us MOTU figures, Goat Man.

I love it. looks great!

AB SO LUTLY... I want like 6 of him...
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'll pass. I like King Grayskull, but I'd rather get the bronze version to put inside of Castle Grayskull.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I think it's a great figure and will definitely be picking him up!!

The GITD effect gives him an awesome ghostly vibe and I can't wait to display him inside of Grayskull!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Yes, he looks awesome!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    The whole point of this is supposed to be to give fans an opportunity to have a "Spirit of Grayskull" figure in their collections (there is absolutely no other acceptable reason to justify hijacking one of the few last spots of the line to give us a fifth variant of KG, with so many dozens of fan requested characters still unreleased), but... this one is not clear plastic, so it defeats its whole purpose. What a disappointment...
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I can't say I'm a fan of KG especially, but it glows in the dark so I'll likely try and pick one up.

I know people are saying "wasted SKU" and I get that. But, as a PoP fan foremost, I was really unimpressed that Kowl and Lookie were this years chase figure, so having a non-essential chase figure next year makes perfect sense. I'd have been livid if a highly requested figure had been in this slot; it's bad enough the Hover-Bots are the TC figures.

A novel idea this one.
    I had recently been thinking about a spirit of Grayskull figure, but one that looked more skull face, like the weird ghostly mist in the original mini-comics, the spirit of the castle, and not of the man who was later invented to be it's architect. But I suppose in a way we have that with the heroic warrior embodiment of CGman. Then again, I wonder what he would look like with Scareglow's head on? You could easily pose him as the "spirit of Grayskull" (spirit of the castle version). I can also see some awesome photo storyboards of him taking on Scareglow while attempting to break into the castle.

Yeah, I'll probably try and get this guy.

I love it! One of the best varients for 2015. Kinda funny that the chase figure blows the sub exclusive out of the water!

I didn't think so originally, but after thinking of it, I like the idea of having a King Grayskull ghost to reside in the Castle, like a spirit coming back to help He-man at some point. So far, I include Castle Grayskullman as a CG accessory. Probably going to do the same with this guy.

Also, GREAT idea putting Scareglow's head on him. That would be creepy and cool.
    "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, how much you can take,
    and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done." -- Rocky Balboa

Where's the "Hell Yes" option? So, I just voted plain yes.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I love it! One of the best varients for 2015. Kinda funny that the chase figure blows the sub exclusive out of the water!
    that is called 'taste'. to me oo-larr is incredible and very deserved, glowing KG is just a worthless variant (like SOH)
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

I voted no.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

I did not exactly want this idea when there were two.

But seeing glow in the dark and having a ghost to put in grayskull (the first fig I'll display in the castle itself) I like it.

Also I really really want a Slime Pit He Man so this is a best case scenario to make one short of the actual figure. Fun mod to make. So I may even get 2. I'd rather have Slime Pit He Man but what with all the He Man variants we will indeed be getting this comming year, and because it's the end of the line proper, and because they had a Spirit of Grayskull than no one can get, this is probably the correct idea.

Now if only we can be certain that the bio has the same grayskull in shadow pic that the 2 figures had rather than a different bio or picture. That would be tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    that is called 'taste'. to me oo-larr is incredible and very deserved, glowing KG is just a worthless variant (like SOH)
    You're right. To me mostly naked He-man is a "worthless variant" that my collection didn't really need...(glad I have clothes to put on him ala Green Goddess) where as a Glow in the dark ghost of the founder of Castle Grayskull is AMAZING! Translucent Spirit of Hordak was awesome as well as it poses great with Keldor and ties in great with the new comic stuff.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Nope, no interest in this figure.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Not really though glow in the dark is cool so if I happen upon him I may pick him up. I'm not bothered enough that I'll bother hunting for him on matty.