View Poll Results: What do you do with your MOTUC figures?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Display them Mint on their Cards.

7 9.21%
  • Open them & display them on my shelf.

44 57.89%
  • Open them and PLAY with them!

12 15.79%
  • Keep them in the closet/storage.

8 10.53%
  • Other (explain).

5 6.58%

Thread: What do you do with your MOTUC figures?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

What do you do with your MOTUC figures?

I was thinking about this the other day.

I was working with a bunch of younger children and decided that it was high time they learned about He-Man and his sister She-Ra! We played with these figures like it was 1985 all over again. I realized that over the years my imagination hasn't waned, instead it has grown more complex and intriguing! I had an absolute blast.

I know that fans all collect for different reasons, be that nostalgia, as an investment, or for the pure fun of it. I always get multiples of every toy I buy, one to keep MOC and one to "play" with. I didn't ever take the latter as gospel until the other day. Now I know why I do what I do, I love my MOC collection, but many of these figures just can not remain in their plastic prisons! They are just too much fun!

So my question to you, the MOTUC collectors, is this: What do you do with your Master of the Universe Classics action figures once you have them?

Discuss in the thread why you do what you do with the toys we all love!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

open and put on shelf. Now do not get me wrong, I do play with them. Every figure I get I play around with, try out poses. See how things look, work. I guess I dont play like I used to, but I get a feel for them. I do not just put them right up on the shelf immediately.

However I just voted Open on Shelf. Most appropriate.

I open them, play around a little with them, try different poses and once I found the one I like the most, they go on my shelves to join the others.

Once in a while I move them around a little, but pretty much only because I ran out of space on a certain shelf and need to make some more real estate available somehow, mostly by putting the figures in slightly different poses to fit in more of them.

Rest of the time they just stand there and look pretty, sometimes with me sitting in front of the shelves looking at them.

I display moc and opened throughout random places in my house. Above the fireplace is a nice spot for the loose figs. I also cook them breakfast and read them stories....

Storage now. Mancave later....
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

What do you do with your MOTUC figures?

I have all of them in storage bins until I complete my man cave that is 100% for them. My wife still shakes her head.lol

I open them and play a with them a little, take pictures of them, try different poses and when get bored I put them in my shelves.

Heroic Warrior
    I have mine opened in their own room. The favorites are on a table with Castle Grayskull, and I play with them when my nieces and nephews come by. When they are not being played with, they are all posed around the castle and the rest are with the vintage collections on shelves. You would think children would love the older figures with the action features, but, no.....they love the classics.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted 'open and display' but really, all the choices apply except 'display MOC.'
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Quote Originally Posted by thebortster View Post
    I open them, play around a little with them, try different poses and once I found the one I like the most, they go on my shelves to join the others.

Once in a while I move them around a little, but pretty much only because I ran out of space on a certain shelf and need to make some more real estate available somehow, mostly by putting the figures in slightly different poses to fit in more of them.

Rest of the time they just stand there and look pretty, sometimes with me sitting in front of the shelves looking at them.
    LOL exactly what I do too. I spend a lot of time looking at them.

They usually get rearranged when a new character arrives, especially my Heroes/Great Rebellion shelf (which we will be the case til 2014 is over with all the PoP coming).

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    pose them in such a way that represents their character. Also keep designed shelves to each faction.
    Im very passionate & ocd
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Yeah, I voted open and display... but of course I play around with each of them first, posing and such.

If we had children, I'm sure I would be playing with these figures like I was nine years old again - all the time!

I was so happy to be able to introduce a new generation to such cool characters and remember what it was like to unleash my imagination! Now that I think about it, this is why MOTUC is so timeless: they may say "adult collector" on the package, but I'll be damned if they're not kid-tested! These are awesome ACTION figures!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I open them. And when they are new me and my kids play with them for awhile. Then they go in a box. I display about 3-5 at a time on a shelf and I rotate that out every few weeks. I don't go all in and have a massive toy shelf. Just a few at a time to enjoy.
    Good Trader List:
    -Maul, tattoojunkie74, Chuck Bowlz

Should have been multiple choice, as I have both a loose display and a small MOSC display.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I picked Other. I have both moc and on display and some in storage. There is a lot of these suckers. I need a bigger man cave
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Lodar, Hunga the Harpy & Sharella

I get jiggy with 'em.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Just display them. If I give them too much attention, then they misinterpret my intentions.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'd totally display them if I had the room, but they sadly have to stay in a drawer/bin thing. And they can barely fit in there anymore. Many of them are still out (for eventual review) and then another bunch is just on the floor around my picture table from the various times I used them and just didn't put them back.

Beyond that, a few are on my computer table and I mess with them often. So I picked "play with them", though it might not be the same play it was when I was a kid. Not that I wouldn't want to dump them out and enact a gigantic battle....it's just too much work, nowadays. One on one is good enough!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Need to allow multiple choices as I

1.) open & play!
    then
    2.) put some on display shelf , or
    3.) put some others into storage

then later take some out again and start the whole cycle all over!
    MOTUC most wanted: Skelcons, Satma, Lord Masque, Vultak, Great Black Wizard, Slime Pit Bone Warrior, Horde Wraith, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Catra Cat Form, Evil Seed 200X, Old Man Marzo 200X, Prahvus, King Miro, Hunga the Harpy, Skeletor's Robot Knights, Lady Slither, Lady Valtira

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Storage now. Mancave later....

This is my situation exactly!