View Poll Results: If You Could Pick Only One Source For MOTUC, What Would It Be?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vintage Toyline!!!

49 26.78%
  • Early Mini-Comics!!!

31 16.94%
  • DC Comics!!!

1 0.55%
  • Filmation!!!

57 31.15%
  • Star Comics!!!

1 0.55%
  • 1987 MOTU Movie!!!

1 0.55%
  • Princess Of Power Toyline!!!

3 1.64%
  • POP Mini-Comics!!!

0 0%
  • Golden Books!!!

2 1.09%
  • Power Tour Live Action Show!!!

0 0%
  • New Adventures Of He-Man Toyline!!!

2 1.09%
  • NA Mini-Comics!!!

0 0%
  • NA Cartoon!!!

3 1.64%
  • 2002 Toyline!!!

4 2.19%
  • 2002 Cartoon!!!

25 13.66%
  • MVC Comics!!!

2 1.09%
  • Other(please explain)!!!

2 1.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If You Could Pick Only One Source For MOTUC, What Would It Be?

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yes! Filmation is leading the pack!!

Without a doubt, Filmation is the most recognized and iconic version of MOTU....
    And why not? It only helped catapult MOTU into every home in America that had a TV, as well as whatever countries had access to it. I guess the loud Minority have said their piece....Filmation is at this moment even ahead of the Vintage toyline 33 to 28....and almost tied....as it should be they both go hand in hand....

She-Ra only happened because of Filmation....200X used Filmation as a base....Filmation created Adam's story.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Filmation without a doubt for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless One View Post
    I went for 2002 cartoon, the best remix of MOTU in my opinion. I might have voted for the MVC comics, but as I haven't read them, I'am unsure of how good they are.
    2002 was miles better than Filmation, IMHO. My only quibble was some of the stylistic choices, ie the appearance of Castle Grayskull, Skeletor's vampire teeth, He-Man's asterisk armor, etc.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Where does this desire come from for their to be only one source? MOTU like every other toy based property has seen cartoons and various media, it been handled by various writers and has seen many incarnations. There is no definitive Transformers, Spider-Man, Batman or any other fictional franchise for that matter.

Spider-Man was introduced with high tech web shooters, and then re-imagined with organic webbing. He's had gimmicky spider themed merchandise, movies, television and some pretty Amazing friends along the way. He has existed in 2099, and has been drawn as a nerdy Milhouse, a muscled sex symbol, and even as a different race. Otherwise he would cease to exist.

Every version of MOTU contributes to the lore and characters in its own way, although some versions seem to outweigh others in the matter of just how much we care to acknowledge. These merchandise driven brands would not survive if they weren't rehashed, and irregardless of how many different versions of the story their are, people still pick and choose what they want to explain the inconsistencies.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; December 24, 2012 at 12:33am.

I chose Filmation because it allows, in MOTUC anyway, for characters from vintage MOTU, vintage pop, and then some.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I'm cheating and voting "Other." My good buddy Scooter has some wicked "fan-fiction" that encompasses ALL of these and more!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Where does this desire come from for their to be only one source? MOTU like every other toy based property has seen cartoons and various media, it been handled by various writers and has seen many incarnations. There is no definitive Transformers, Spider-Man, Batman or any other fictional franchise for that matter.

Spider-Man was introduced with high tech web shooters, and then re-imagined with organic webbing. He's had gimmicky spider themed merchandise, movies, television and some pretty Amazing friends along the way. He has existed in 2099, and has been drawn as a nerdy Milhouse, a muscled sex symbol, and even as a different race. Otherwise he would cease to exist.

Every version of MOTU contributes to the lore and characters in its own way, although some versions seem to outweigh others in the matter of just how much we care to acknowledge. These merchandise driven brands would not survive if they weren't rehashed, and irregardless of how many different versions of the story their are, people still pick and choose what they want to explain the inconsistencies.
    Here, here! Probably the best way to sum up how the successful lines stay relevant. You have said it all.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Vintage Toyline!!!

As much as I liked the 4 early mini comics, I did like the addition of technology into the stories and additions of characters with the newer minis and the fact that they didn't really explain too much or feel obligated to explain everything! Sometimes we forget what makes some things special to us because we begin to demand logistic explanations for things to feel like it can be real to some extent. Me I like the fantasy, mystery and the unexplained... it is what is; a universe of sword, sorcery science and magic with unique characters.

I do appreciate the various forms and even when they attempted to bridge and expand on things in a more grown up level. But I really favour the Vintage Toyline!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    I chose early mini comics as that's what I like best, but I think motuc with only one source would be very boring indeed.
    I agree. I love the MYP treatment personally, but I love 'em all. The more sources the merrier. If only one, what would we have to talk about?
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    With only one choice, I've gotta go with the early comics! Simple, serious with some humor (look for it, it's there), a real threat of SPELLED OUT DEATH for He-Man on almost every page from that CREEPY Alcala Skeletor - I enjoyed the cartoon (mostly for Teela's one-piece bikini...), but I straight up LOVED the first two series of mini-comics. They set my expectation for how gritty the world of Eternia REALLY is... kind of like real life...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Filmation....easy choice. (Vintage a close second as there are some important characters ie. Rio Blast and Scareglow, that weren't in the cartoon)

Heroic Warrior
    The best of the best, of course: The vintage line!

Vintage...or the mini comics...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I would pick Filmation, without the slightest shred of doubt.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Filmation!!
    2 HIGH PRIESTESS 3 EMPRESS SHE-MAN MASTERS
    He-Man Masters of the Universe Classics Princess of Power She-Ra Bow
    http://mastersoftheuniverseclassicsh...assics-images/

2002 cartoon, because of the best continuity and it deserved to have 1,5 seasons more.

edit: so, are these all the "official" canons out there, excluding MOTUC? If vintage toys are their own, separate from Filmation or the original mini-comics, then are there any comics or anything that belong to the vintage toy canon?
    Last edited by AT-Man; August 24, 2014 at 10:42am.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

Same here! I like how the show also had origins and stayed true to the spirit of the filmation series.

I voted filmation, but would also equally like DC comic variants of the A-listers (including sexier more risque versions of Snake Goddess, Teela etc ) and the Golden Books. Vintage line is amazing, but we've pretty much been there, done that so???? Damn happy we got a modern interpretation of the vintage characters though!!! The question is a little confusing, so let me add that if it's picking one of the lines from previously released figures I'd have to also say original vintage...

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post

Im in much agreement I pick and choose what my mythos will be as well. for example, I will allways use the royal bloodline concept. Prince adams ability to harness and channel the power of Grayskull .and all future descendants would also have the power. whether Skeletor knows or not is optional but is allways bitter knowing that he was once first born and heir to the throne. if not for some unfortunate bad luck accidents events. that occurred in one of our MOTUC mini comics.

that came with King He man, where he then in total bitterness and rage joined completely to the dark side. or unless you believe Skeletor, was being controlled by Demo man. and never had his own free will, from that point on when Demo man, possessed him. which I have trouble with Skeletor, not really being Keldor, but Demo man?and that is allso condradictory with Demo mans bio. that states with the help of Evil Lyn, Skeletor gained controll of the powerfull extradimensional being.

and if you go by the MOTUC FAll of Eternia starts here mini comic. Keldor, redeems himself with his nephew He man. and tells him to rule just with human and gar alike. only to be resurrected, on the next page. to pick up where he left off I imagine. barely recollecting his dieing words meaning nothing.this is just one example, and there are others witch is why for me I pick and choose my mythos, I voted other.

I picked Early Mini Comics, as that would give me Blue Vest PRINCE ADAM and Oddball TRAPJAW, but I would be almost as happy with Vintage Line or FILMATION. That's WIN/WIN/WIN.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    2002 cartoon of course!!

This is the only source where the story was really well created (with mc creations comics but I can choose only 1 source)... POP comes after.
    Same opinion here....

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Hard to decide between vintage toyline and mini-comics.

I assume vintage toyline means that we just created our own stories based around the figures themselves.

I finally voted for vintage toyline because what I created in my own mind as a child means more to me than the other choices. Second would be the mini-comics since I loved those as a kid too.

I love all the options though - so I'm glad I don't really have to choose and I can love them all!
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Vintage toy line.

Followed by a tie between mini-comics and Filmation.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Filmation trumps all.