View Poll Results: How many variants do you want?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll

12 18.46%

9 13.85%

13 20.00%

2 3.08%
  • 5+

6 9.23%
  • unlimited

23 35.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He-Man/Skeltor/Hordak variants

Heroic Warrior

He-Man/Skeltor/Hordak variants

From the original like He-Man and Skeletor each had 4 while Hordak had 2

How many variants would you like to see for this line?

There were 5 he-Man and Skeletor and 3 Hordaks - original/Hurricane/Buzz Saw. I do want all the variants but they to have their action features otherwise they are pointless.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    There were 5 he-Man and Skeletor and 3 Hordaks - original/Hurricane/Buzz Saw. I do want all the variants but they to have their action features otherwise they are pointless.
    I wasn't counting the originals (if that's you are doing). Just the variants.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    ill take as many as they make

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I'm not sure how to answer. If they were truely different from their original. Like for Hurricane Hordak they could just include that weapon in a Weapon's Pack or something. Buzz Saw would be a bit different.

When you're paying $30 (with shipping) a character it has to stand out. At first I was against Battle Armor He-Man but it's a classic and it is different than the original. If we get new Bio's with the character that would sway me way more to purchase these variants.

To wrap up, I guess I would buy any variants that were truely variant and not just with different weapons. (And new bios!!)

I agree with Hordefan. Hurricane Hordak is too similar to the Original version, so I would rather have his weapons included somewhere as a Secret Accessory. I will gladly buy any remarkably different version of any of these characters (or She-Ra) (or anyone, really!). Bring on NA/Battle Armor/Dragon Blaster/Terror Claws/Ice/Fire Armor/Samurai Skeletor, give me Flying Fists/Thunder Punch/Jungle Atack/Ice Armor/NA He-Man, sell me buzz Saw Hordak and Snake Teela/MAA/Mekanek, toss me all the different She-Ras and Catras you can! I'll take them if they're spaced out a bit and add longevity to the line!

I do think most of these should come either as Bonus Figures or as Convention Exclusives, however.

I voted 3, but it really varies between the characters.

Hordak - None. I am perfectly fine with just one, and probably wouldn't buy any others.
    Skeletor - Three. I would purchase Battle Armor, Terror Claws and Dragon Blast.
    He-Man - One, Battle Armor.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I'll buy them all, especially Hordak and Skeletor variants.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Battle-Armor versions of He-Man and Skeletor would cut it just fine for me. I don't need multiple He-Men and multiple Skeletors.

I do like the BA variants, but that's about the extent of the variant appeal for me.

After 2x line fiasco I hate all kind of variants...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

I only would care for 2 other varients of the "Basic" He-Man, Skeletor & Hordak.

What I would like to see for Hordak would be his "rocket" form and stuff like that.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Without there respected action features, I think it's gonna be pointless. Maybe if they just release the appropriate accesory, then that will be good!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Not voting in this poll because it isn't limited by number, but by conept. IE, I will Definately buy BA He-man and Skeletor, but not a chance i would buy Smash Blade or spin blade or whatever the god aweful variants were from the 200x line. I would however buy a strait 200x variant, but not a Flying fist or thunder punch he-man variant. I would also be interested in laser power, and laser light, and would probably buy a snake armor variant. So it's not the number that interests me, but which variants they include.

Those of you who think Hurricane Hordak is so close to the original figure that he could be included in a weapons pack need to take a second look at the figure. There is no way.

Perhaps you are thinking of Buzz-Saw Hordak. He is exactly the same except they added an action feature to him to fire a buzz saw from a hidden cavity in his chest.

I expect since this is a line devoid of action features...Buzz-Saw Hordak sadly, has no place here.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    From the original like He-Man and Skeletor each had 4 while Hordak had 2

How many variants would you like to see for this line?
    I'm not sure at this moment.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I like variants, but could do without a few 200X variants. I definately want all the original variants, and I put my faith in the 4 Horsemen to find a way to make Buzz Saw Hordak do-able for this line. As for 200X, I'd still buy any MOTUC versions they decide to release. I know most people are against spin-blade/smash blade variants in MOTUC, but I liked the colour schemes of these figures myself (especially Spin-Blade Skeletor). I'd even go for repaints/re-releases based on the original lines world variants (Camo Khan, Leo Faker, that odd Leo Clawful that Joah-Man mentions on his variants cd that no-one has a picture of etc.), repaints based on 200X colors (He-Man, Evil Lyn), and 200X repaints (reverse colors Two-Bad, "blood" Skeletor, "zombie" Trap-Jaw, etc.). I'm the kind of fan Mattel just loves!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    At 1 or 2 figures a month, I don't care if we don't see any beyond the Battle Armor versions of He-Man and Skeletor.

The others were really just fluff, and there are 3 or 4 years worth of stuff to release before Mattel should have to resort to these.

I'll put it this way, I'd buy NA He-Man and Skeletor before Terror Claws, Thunder Punch or any of the rest...and I HATE New Adventures!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    Another thought: What about new variants??? (i.e. Horde Armor He-Man!)

I voted unlimited.

I would love a Thunderpunch He-Man but I don't know how that would work in an "Adult Collector" line

Quote Originally Posted by Spikewolfe View Post
    Another thought: What about new variants??? (i.e. Horde Armor He-Man!)
    Now that sounds like a cool varient!
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

It really depends on the variant and how often they're released. I'd prefer only 1 variant per character per year.

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    I'd say unlimited personally, I wouldn't all of them, but for every variant there's at least someone who wants it, why deny them that because I only want a few.

And I've said this before, but variants of He-Man and Skeletors being released at lease one a year, is what will keep this line going for more than just a few years. If we want this line to go on indefinitely, then an unlimited amount of variants would certainly help the cause.

I'm all about it being unlimited, but let's keep it realistic and not go into stuff like Samurai Skeletor or Martial Arts He-Man. Those were the ones from 200X I had a problem with. I'm also in the camp that doesn't bear a grudge against Smash Blade.

The variant I've always liked and anticipate with this line is Buzz Saw Hordak. It was so cool when I was a kid to have his buzz saw come flying out of his chest. You can always slap the moniker "evil" on your villian, but you know the dude's really, really bad when he shoots out a saw blade like that!

There were only two variant themes I like. Original Battle Armors, and 200X Ice Armor, which although not a set, I liked both Ice Armor He-man and Ice Armor Skeletor.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i would like to see a god like Skeletor or the 80s movie skeletor & some of the classics like battle armor.

#1 give us Keldor!