View Poll Results: What Is Your Favorite Look For Evil-Lyn?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vintage Toy!!!

44 20.95%
  • Filmation!!!

43 20.48%
  • 1987 Movie!!!

12 5.71%
  • 2002 Toy!!!

22 10.48%
  • MYP!!!

61 29.05%
  • Battleground Evil-Lyn!!!

24 11.43%
  • Other(please explain)!!!

4 1.90%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Favorite Look For Evil-Lyn?

What Is Your Favorite Look For Evil-Lyn?

What Is Your Favorite Look For Evil-Lyn?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I've always loved Evil Lyn, including the vintage toy and flimation looks. The MYP 200X cartoon design it my favorite though. She is unique compared to Teela but still has classic elements. I also choose the MYP over the 200X toy due to the shared parts, most importantly the boots. Evil Lyn should have had high heels and not that dumb asymmetrical chunky boot thing. With all this said I'm very happy with both "yellow" and Battleground Evil Lyn in MOTUC.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I chose the 2002 Toy version as i think it has the perfect color scheme i imagine for her. Her helmet looks great, its a little bit higher on the top part almost like crown and i love the necklace/chocker she wears there.

I almost chose Battleground Evil Lyn, those colors are great and she finally has a cape. I like that she sticks to her iconic outfit, i totally can rely to that thought.

I'd go with the 1987 movie
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    love what was done in myp

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    I've gotta be honest... I love the vintage figure the best.

In my head that is Evil Lyn... and always will be.
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Gotta say Filmation or MYP. The vintage toy is.... well, yellow. Jaundice, much?
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Filmation look.

I was around for the pre-Filmation era of MOTU, but I'll always be a Filmation guy. Having said that, Evil-Lyn will always be yellow to me. It stands out more and just makes this line that much more colorful. While I may not agree with the 4H on Panthor(flocked) or Man-E-Faces(vintage toy colors), I'm happy they agreed with me on Evil-Lyn.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The staction (purple version) is my favourite.

I don't like the 2002 toy's colours, and I wish that Battleground Evil-Lyn was painted more like the staction.

I like her younger MYP look most, but they're all great; everything in Classics is super to me. I'd love the young version to be the next Lyn figure.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

The 200X/MYP version, obviously (not sure why they are separate options on the poll, since they are basically the same design).
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    never understood why the toy was yellow skinned & the cartoon not. didnt like the yellow skin. that & no one else had same skin tone.

I think she is one of those characters that looks great in all of the above.

Even all of her figures/stactions look good.

Voted MYP, although I'm not too sure what the difference is between that and the 200x version.

I like BG Evil-Lyn a lot...she is a big step closer to the MYP/200x version. I am satisfied with yellow Lyn, but that is by far my least favourite of the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal1972 View Post
    Voted MYP, although I'm not too sure what the difference is between that and the 200x version.
    The biggest changes were the colours, but both the toy and staction were more detailed than the cartoon version.

One example of the changes is that her cartoon helmet is black & gold, while the toy is black and silver. The Four Horsemen also added a choker to the toy and staction, which she didn't have on the cartoon.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; August 25, 2011 at 05:27pm.

It's funny because I was going to vote MYP/200x. But then I realized that while I do prefer the vintage look, the thing I liked the best about myp was the skin colour, and to a minor extent, her clothes colour.

And that's what BG Evil Lyn is. The "Real" evil lyn, but with suprerior colouring. She is just as much "Filmation" evil lyn as anything else. Because for me what made filmation Lyn so cool, was she was not yellow.

So the BG one has not yellow skin, and a cape, which is cool and Filmation. BG Lyn is the best version of lyn ever, and I believe the difference in 200x versus Classics is stylistically unimportant. It's basically the same.

At any rate, this poll made me realize that not only am I ok with BG evil lyn, but that she is the Lyn I've been waiting for.

I will probably repaint her seemingly bright magenta/pink paint ap on her "bra straps" a darker purple to more match her 200x colours, (or even faceless one) but still.

This is it.

Battleground Evil-Lyn is the 1 I really like so far cause I love the dark colors anyway.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I love all versions... but the movie version is special... Meg Foster was brilliant... and even though the movie costume was so different, I loved it.

I also love BG Evil-Lyn... she's a "Classicized" version of both the Filmation and MYP Adult Lyn to me...

That doesn't mean I don't want a Zalesian-style "Young Lyn" figure... AHEM!!

I also love the Evil-Lyn from Filmation, and the version seen in the "Between A Rock and A Hard Place" mini-comic.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    MYP for me. But isn't the BGEL supposed to be the MYP version?

Chose 200x toy Evil Lyn.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure Evil-Lyn is the toughest character in which to answer this question! I love EVERY form of Evil-Lyn and the movie version is surprisingly near the top. That doesn't happen very often, let's just say that as I am NOT a movie person at all. Every "look" for Evil-Lyn is perfection IN MY CANON...

I chose Filmation because that's the first one that brought life and personality to her. Also Linda Gary is one of my favorite VAs of all time. Plus she was introduced as "EVIL-LYNNNNN....SORCERESS OF NNNNNIGHT!!!!" and that intro is definitely epic!

The movie version is high on my list. Meg Foster portrayed Evil-Lyn amazingly as a real, non animated person. Love the costume, and especially those evil eyes!

The classic yellow and blue toy look also holds a special place to me personally. I think I actually barely remember getting her at Kmart. Back in the day when Kmart smelled like popcorn and had a cafeteria in it. I very faintly remember that Kmart and getting MOTU there. It wasn't very far from where I grew up. These are like some of the earliest memories I've been able to hang onto all these years. Regardless everywhere I took my Skeletor figure, I just had to take that yellow and blue Evil-Lyn.

I even really love the newer pale and purple look for Evil-Lyn. This is one of the very few (maybe only one actually ) characters that I think MYP/200x hit it out the park. They did such a good job on her that I almost feel wrong saying this because I also happen to be blinded by nostalgia.

The only thing that comes close in character to Evil-Lyn is Snow White's Evil Queen.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I voted for the 87 FILM version.

I watched it from beginning to end for the first time recently in many years. Love, love, LOVE Evil Lyn in that film! Her costume is pretty spectacular, and the actress was amazing.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Filmation, followed closely by MYP. Movie Evil-Lyn's third.

MYP Evil-Lyn for me.