Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Figures you want, but realistically might not make it....

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

Figures you want, but realistically might not make it....

....to MOTUC.

Ever since Mattel announced they had the Filmation rights, I've caught the bug to start watching all my boxsets of original MOTU, POP and NA - and came across so many cool characters - some of which I had forgotten even existed.

I know we have the usual culprits who make it on the "most requested" fan lists, but some even though can be made, likely won't as they are too obscure or don't have enough fan exposure.

Some of my *new* most wanted characters include:

Queen Balina of Targa - I love this African queen - she has an attitude, is fiesty and I think she secretly has a thing for He-Man. This figure would add a lot of diversity to the line.

Kothos - He'll probably need a larger buck - but I love both episodes of his in MOTU - especially his feud with Evil-Lyn. I prefer the first blue decco of this character. Again - he would add variety - nice to have a Genie-type character in MOTUC.

Mortella - I love the look of this lady - she reminds me of a Disney Villan - the colour scheme is crazy though. It would be nice to have a rival for Castaspella when she comes.

Sebeline - She's a bit like Teela - once turned to evil, but later redeemed herself - she comes with a cool mini Snake Staff.

Slush-Head's Bride - I know - a bit of a comic character - but still she would make a cool sub-incentive or con exclusive - NA is a totally MAD cartoon - I love it.

Melaktha - Probably has the most chance of making it out my list due to the number is episodes he was in - but he looks slightly bland. Maybe he could come with some kind of clip-on battle armor and belts etc? MOTUC should have it's "Heroic Archaeologist"

That's all I can think of at this moment - sorry I couldn't add pix - I might add some later on....

1) Green Granamyr ... sigh

2) Long-haired Alcala He-Man

3) The goblins from Masks of Power
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Lizard Man II {the red one, with glasses}
    Does Galactus fart?

Disco Skeletor - Realistically he won't make it, but I won't give up hope. Out of all the ridiculous repaints, this is the ONE out of all of them that proved that someone was willing to have a good time with a toyline. Just totally screw around. In the spirit of hilarity and awesomeness, I will never stop wanting this repaint.

Battle Blade Skeletor - Probably one of Skeletor's most hardcore and barbarian designs and I bettcha it'll barely get a second glance. They already have a problem with a possible mix of Laser Light Skelly and NA Skelly, and heck, his second Discs of Doom figure was even in the toon, so it's a very slight possibility. Battle Blade Skeletor, though? I just don't see it - I want 'em - but I don't see it happening.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Toy-Based Star Sisters...and...well...toy-based POP in general.

Mara: I thought she was in high demand, but apparently Mattel doesn't consider her to be all that important.

Staghorn: Doesn't seem to be on Mattel's radar at all.

Catra's Cat Goblins from the mini-comics.

NA Sorceress

The Wizardess from the POP mini-comics.

Just to name a few...

Stonedar & Rokkon: Lots of new tooling, not fan favorites

Extendar: Not a fan favorite

Rio Blast: Though I'm feeling 4HM might be doing him soon - they've made most of the characters from the 200X line + stacticons, so I'm hoping for a pattern here.

Gwildor: Lots of new tooling required, not a fan favorite

Kittrina: From Filmation series. She hasn't ranked very high in the Filmation popularity polls, so I'm not holding my breath.

Lt. Andra: From the Star Comics. I'd love to see her, but I'm guessing she's one of the characters we won't be seeing
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I'm scared to put who I really want because they'll probably end up on a sheet of crumpled paper in the back of Toyguru's desk LOL!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Mine would be all from 200X:

Prahvus
    Ceratus
    Battle Armor Randor
    Battle Armor Marlena
    Dactys
    Tuvar
    Baddara
    Evilseed
    Calix

Mer-Men/Ocean Warriors army builders: despite being one of the oldest concepts, I don't know if many fans want it. If they use up a slot on a Horde-Trooper 2-pack instead of single carding it, the chances are even more slim (for other 2-packs as well), esp. if we only get 1 army builder each year.

Teela's Horse/Unicorn: People talk more about PoP horses. I hope Teela's awesome steed gets made.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'm scared to put who I really want because they'll probably end up on a sheet of crumpled paper in the back of Toyguru's desk LOL!!
    Huh? Oh, yeah....uh...like I totally DON'T want a Castle Grayskull.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

I'm itching to see the following:

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Melaktha - Probably has the most chance of making it out my list due to the number is episodes he was in - but he looks slightly bland. Maybe he could come with some kind of clip-on battle armor and belts etc? MOTUC should have it's "Heroic Archaeologist"
    I would expect to see him, perhaps in a few years. He'd be a fairly easy tool but would need to come with some kick-ass accessories. The Grimalkin, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Mara: I thought she was in high demand, but apparently Mattel doesn't consider her to be all that important.
    Same as Melaktha - I think we'll see her, just not yet. I actually think she'll come a lot sooner than many of the NA male heroes...

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Kittrina: From Filmation series. She hasn't ranked very high in the Filmation popularity polls, so I'm not holding my breath.

Lt. Andra: From the Star Comics. I'd love to see her, but I'm guessing she's one of the characters we won't be seeing
    I think there's a high chance of them doing Lt. Andra. We've seen an early version of Teela from a comic, so why not her? Plus, she - like Goat Man - is the most fan-demanded character from a newly-acquired non-Filmation source...I think she'd stick out in Scott's mind more than some of the Filmation characters...but again, not yet.

As far as MOTU females go, Shokoti's top and Kittrina's second. I think we'll see her eventually too - partly because she's female and NOT connected to POP and secondly because we already have Chief Carnivus and there's a possibility of linking the two.

The ones I'm concerned about are:

Admiral Scurvy - when the Horde get talked about, it's always Scorpia, Octavia and Vultak (with Dylamug thrown in for good measure). We *never* hear about Admiral Scurvy, but he's so wicked and so cruel in Anchors Aloft Parts 1 and 2. He's the best bet for a vampire type character, IMO. I love his design, but fear there isn't enough fan backing to get him released - plus he's not on the muscular side, like most of the men, and would probably need a new sculpt.

King Ahgo - important to She-Ra as he helped her find the Crystal Castle. I think he'd be a great 'oversized' character, but think he too is a bit too obscure. For the moment...

Chakra - she'd be a really boring figure, but as the woman who supposedly raised Adora from infancy, I'd love to see her. One of the few She-Ra Season Two creations that's worth speaking of. I guess anything's possible, particularly after seeing Shadow Weaver's wand being released - incidentally from the very same episode, The Caregiver.

...and finally...

The Twiggets - more She-Ra regulars, but they're 'cutesy' and would divide the community like no other characters! I'd love to see Sprag, Sprocker and Sprittina, but wouldn't care for generic 'army builders'. I think Madame Razz has a chance of being released, but I'm not holding my breath for these guys...

I really hope Mattel and Classic Media try to bring renewed interest in the MOTU and POP cartoons so that more people become familiarised with the wealth of characters now available.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Huh? Oh, yeah....uh...like I totally DON'T want a Castle Grayskull.
    Me neither.. that thing is garbage!!

I want a Bubble Power Lt. Spector Figure!!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Iīd love to get a Sersi, Evil-Lyns siren form from the MYP episode "Sirenīs song". But Iīm afraid I might be in a minority there.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Ileena: A really visually appealing character from Filmation that would look great among all the other ladies. The Heroic Warriors can always use another female in their ranks too.

Slave Girl: The one figure I'd like to see the most, simply because the Snake Men need a female in their ranks and I always felt that one picture of Hiss on his throne with her at his side made him seem like a real conqueror. Much more than Skeletor or Hordak could ever dare to achieve.

Filmation core characters: With the acquisition of the Filmation license, I really want to see He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak and Teela with headsculpts and accessories that matches their small screen counterparts.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Me neither.. that thing is garbage!!

I want a Bubble Power Lt. Spector Figure!!!
    Now THAT is funny.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

I want, but am not expecting to get in the line:

Rokkon
    Double Trouble
    Entrapta
    Shokoti
    Batros
    Icer
    Stonedar
    Extendar
    Sagitar
    Lord Masque

I'm afraid we'll never get Skeletor's Robot Knights, Skeletor's Collector vehicle, or a FILMation Randor. I really want those.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'm afraid we'll never get Skeletor's Robot Knights, Skeletor's Collector vehicle, or a FILMation Randor. I really want those.
    Those robot knights would have been an EXCELLENT first quarter multi-pack for the subscription.

I love the Star Sisters, but I don't like the Filmation designs for those characters, nor do I relish Toyguru's inevitable comments about how female POP characters caused a drop in sub sales

I want Disko Skelly, but he seems highly unlikely, and I would say Plundor, but I think his chances are pretty good now that Filmation stuff is a go. I would have said Photog a month ago, but he's in, so you never know.

Those robot knights would have been an EXCELLENT first quarter multi-pack for the subscription.

I love the Star Sisters, but I don't like the Filmation designs for those characters, nor do I relish Toyguru's inevitable comments about how female POP characters caused a drop in sub sales
    In all fairness, they were/are probably the ULTIMATE test as far as loyal followers of the brand go. They aren't just one obscure figure, but THREE at $60. I'm not so sure the reaction would have been different on the part of many fans or TG had it been a three-pack of obscure NA characters.

Movie Golden God Skeletor...

Jeremy!!!

Just kidding!

I always liked Game Master!

If I say who I want that most likely won't make it it would be a pretty long list of characters from different canons that I want...

I support the Bubble Power Lt. Spector, but only if he's a repaint of the Normal Lt. Spector and with a Second Helmetless TG head and a Marzo left hand... and a repainted guard mace
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    If I say who I want that most likely won't make it it would be a pretty long list of characters from different canons that I want...

I support the Bubble Power Lt. Spector, but only if he's a repaint of the Normal Lt. Spector and with a Second Helmetless TG head and a Marzo left hand... and a repainted guard mace
    Ha, ha, ha!

Figures I love and want, but fear they "might" not make it:

1. ETHERIAN REBEL JOSH: I've been an advocate of Mattel's using Josh as a catalyst for a revved up new Rebellion member. I'm worried about him the most because at this point the only way he might get in is if they use him (as a jumping off point, but not as is) for one of the six Anniversary figures.

2. BLADE. He has some fans, but he falls behind the pack with the Evil Warriors with many collectors. He's my #1 favorite vintage fig "yet-to-be". I started a thread for him, but it doesn't float back to the first page very often.

3. ENTRAPTA. I was pretty confident she'd get inclusion. Then, Filmation rights came into play. Now, she probably falls dead last of the Horde members on many people's lists.

Here are some others:

Classic MOTU:

Extendar
    Rokkon
    Stondar
    Snake Face

POP:

Netossa

NA:

Lizor
    Kayo
    Nocturna
    Vizar

MEDIA:

Garth (post transformation)
    Garn
    Melaktha
    Shokoti
    Mallek
    False Face
    Celice
    Ileena

I'm confident of many others so long as the line keeps chugging along. But these are ones I worry about not getting.
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; August 21, 2011 at 05:00pm.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!