Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Figures you want, but realistically might not make it....

I think after they got Filmation, golden books, jetlag, ect rights, and AND revealed Fearless Photog, I dont doubt that they'll have the rights to anybody eventually. Only basically movie left right?

So For now understanding that I think they could do absolutely anybody eventually, I suppose I'm afraid of them not doin...

Karg, outta the movie. I think they'll get the rights, but maybe it'll take to long to get to Karg since I imagine they'd want to do Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor first, as they are in the vintage line. But then Karg is an obvious draw, and much requested. And they do listen to our much requests. But it's possible he'd be missed.

Oo-Larr. I hated the idea of Oo-Larr, since it was clear to me from Wun-Dar's bio he was the barbarian He-Man from the minicomic. I still think that made more sense, and I kinda still stick with it. But I've grown attached in some small way to the idea of Oo-Larr, the He-Man from the original minicomics. I dont really need a basically nekkid He-Man varient with a spear, but I kinda do. He fits now, I've accepted him. Dangit. But they may just not bother, they've got so much else to do.

Modulok. Hey, he's going to be very strange and difficult to do right. And if and when they do do him, it may just be perfection itself. But I'm scared they may just skip him until the line dies. Not skip him intentionally, but put him off until it's too late.

Songster. After listening to Pixel Dan, Lord Killen, and crew on their podcast, where Dan mentions a great and interesting (and quite satisfying) story, I'm very very excited. Things are comming together in great ways. But I'm afraid he may get missed. At least after Dan's story on the podcast, I'm more certain this will be done. I just hope sooner than later, say sometime next year as an sdcc exclusive, or at the latest a 2013 Sub fig, (though I doubt that last, as I think they will do "must have" figures going forward, at least for a while.) Whatever. I want a Songster. Him with Photog (and Shadow Weaver) make my most wanted out of the least likely. Now he's the only one left. Come on, do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I think there's a high chance of them doing Lt. Andra. We've seen an early version of Teela from a comic, so why not her? Plus, she - like Goat Man - is the most fan-demanded character from a newly-acquired non-Filmation source...I think she'd stick out in Scott's mind more than some of the Filmation characters...but again, not yet.

As far as MOTU females go, Shokoti's top and Kittrina's second. I think we'll see her eventually too - partly because she's female and NOT connected to POP and secondly because we already have Chief Carnivus and there's a possibility of linking the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Given that Stonedar and Rokkon are a couple of TG's faves which he's mentioned several times, I doubt they WON"T be made.

I wouldnt' be surprised if one of those is the "heavily tooled figure" coming up later in the year as mentioned at the SDCC panel.
    I'm really hoping that you both are right with your thoughts.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I want, but am not expecting to get in the line:

Rokkon
    Double Trouble
    Entrapta
    Shokoti
    Batros
    Icer
    Stonedar
    Extendar
    Sagitar
    Lord Masque
    NOOOOO!!! ..... donīt say that

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    About Songster: I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the original characters made for MOTUs 30th anniversary...

I think characters requiring a lot of tooling will not make it to the line....
    a Rock People 3 pack with Stonedar/Rokkon/Granita seems unfortunately unrealistic

I hope that on the other end the core characters of every factions are made before MOTUC ends (Angella, Glimmer, Frosta and Castaspella for POP. Hydron, Brakk, Darius and Slushead for NA, etc....). It would be sad to have MOTUC ends this way, while obscure characters like Mo-Larr, Vikor or Photog made it...

In one of the SDCC videos (might be last years), ToyGuru told PixelDan that any figure that had been made will be made (meaning MOTU, POP, NAHM, Movie, 200x, and NECCA). So gaining the Filmation, Jetlag, and book rights just opened up using the unique characters from them (TG has also said they will not be making specific Filmation-style anyones, but they would take a Filmation/other character and "classicize" it for the line, meaning adding more detail).

The figures I'd really love to see made:
    Master Sebrian
    Mara
    Crita
    Sagitar
    Tuskador
    Evilseed (MOTU and 200x-style; maybe a removable robe & swappable heads)
    Oo-Larr (hopefully with bare wrists & feet, drawstring shorts, and spear)
    Skeletor's Skelcons (neat 2-pack/army builder)
    Skeletor's Robots Warriors (another neat 2-pack/army builder)
    Melaktha (maybe with Stanlin)
    King Miro
    Queen Frosta (my favorite POP character, next to She-Ra/Adora)
    Peekablue
    Mermista
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Clamp Champ
    Eldor (with Book of Living Spells)
    Gray (He-Ro's original alter-ego)
    Bionatops

A pretty tall order, but I'm sure they can all be got to. Some possible, some probable, others probably not.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Stonedar & Rokkon: Lots of new tooling, not fan favorites

Extendar: Not a fan favorite

Rio Blast: Though I'm feeling 4HM might be doing him soon - they've made most of the characters from the 200X line + stacticons, so I'm hoping for a pattern here.
    I hate the 1986 "Heroic Warriors" with a passion! Yet they've made Snout Spout, the worst of them all!!

The only things more lame than the 1986 "Heroic Warriors" are:

Twistoid, Rotar, and the Meteorbs!!!
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    I truly believe we will get nearly all the regular figures of vintage MOTU and POP. The line is going along well enough to get that task done imo. Especially with the big, upcoming 30th anniversary year! I'll worry when we have a Thermometer of Doom™ taunting us.

I think the only figures I want but realistically might not make it are gonna be mostly Filmation characters. Especially if they are only doing 1-3 Filmation characters per year and there's dozens of characters that I would love a figure of that NOT everyone would.

I don't think we're ever gonna see a Filmation Count Marzo variant due to the new tooling he'd require. That was Toyguru's response at least when he was asked about it: "He would require too much new tooling and they want to get to other Filmation characters first".
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Mine would be all from 200X:

Evilseed
    Calix
    These two are my top!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

C'mon ! I want THEM ALL !!!
    I'm just afraid about HORDE PRIME because the 4Horsemen have to create a brand new concept.. BUT I REALLY REALLY REALLY want him!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I hate the 1986 "Heroic Warriors" with a passion! Yet they've made Snout Spout, the worst of them all!!

The only things more lame than the 1986 "Heroic Warriors" are:

Twistoid, Rotar, and the Meteorbs!!!
    Do I sense correctly that you would not be devastated if Extendar, Rock Warriors (and Gwildor) never made it to the MOTUC line?
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

LUBIC.
    Two of him.
    Earth cloths and Eternian robes.
    With 2 Eternian girls

Because Lubic rules.

I am not worried about getting any of the vintage figures. If/when this line were to ever come to a close, if all of the vintage figures are not accounted for, it would never be considered complete or definitive. I think making it the latter is extremely high on the priorities list for both TG and the 4H.

I suppose my concerns would come mostly from FilMation as there is just so much to do. I am not worried about my BIG wants from there - guys like General Sunder (could be a head in a Trooper 2-pack), King Miro, Seahawk. Vultak and Icer all seem like givens.

So, I suppose I will add King Ahgo and Grox to the list of "concerned". They are somewhat obscure, but I consider the trolls to be a integral part of the Rebellion and I am always for adding more diversity to the shelf. They would make for some AMAZING over-sized figures (how could you not want a 4H troll figure?) and could obviously share bodies. I would love to see them.

I want everyone though, so my list is obviously long, but I want to show my support for the GOOD kind of trolls.

Here are my wants that I doubt we’ll get:

Leo Faker
    Leo Kobra Khan
    Man at Arms - (classic toy colors)
    Mer-Man - (vintage toy version: Whiplash forearms, Kobra Kahn’s boots, no yellow on arms and legs, orange loin cloth)
    Laser Power He-Man - with Dolph Lundgren head sculpt
    200X He-Man - with new sculpted lion cloth, chest harness, forearms, head, axe, and shield (no less new parts than Vikor received)
    Platino
    Felinor
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    LUBIC.
    Two of him.
    Earth cloths and Eternian robes.
    With 2 Eternian girls

Because Lubic rules.
    Agreed. On all of that!
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

I don't think we will ever get Odiphus, old man Marzo, Kowl, Imp, Lookie, catra's cat form, and a legit Cringer.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I don't think we will ever get Odiphus, old man Marzo, Kowl, Imp, Lookie, catra's cat form, and a legit Cringer.
    Kow, Imo and Lookie are very likely actually

Illumina i would say, i would love to see her made but i have a bad feeling for her....

Canīt say why.

I also would love Kowl and Lookie, but I actually consider them possible.

On the less likely scale, I'd have to agree with Rokkon and Stondar and add The Collector as a vehicle and the nameless (as far as I can tell) rock based Horde member from MYP.

A 2013 3-pack of Stondar, Rokkon and Granita would be an awesome way to get the rock people in one fell swoop.

Kudok Ungol

An easy Sorceress redeco. New head and could use a different color scheme, but will Mattel produce it?

Could come with a Teela-Na head for the Sorceress.

A perfect quarterly figure
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Maybe I just have too much faith in this line, but I believe we'll eventually see every vintage MOTU and POP figure in MOTUC.

I'm mostly worried about not seeing the more obscure FILMation characters like Dragoon, Celice and Tullamore. As well as some characters that they don't currently have the rights for, like Detective Lubic, Karg and Movie Skeletor.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Maybe I just have too much faith in this line, but I believe we'll eventually see every vintage MOTU and POP figure in MOTUC.

I'm mostly worried about not seeing the more obscure FILMation characters like Dragoon, Celice and Tullamore. As well as some characters that they don't currently have the rights for, like Detective Lubic, Karg and Movie Skeletor.
    Dragoon is a Fan Favorite... He should be released

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    A 2013 3-pack of Stondar, Rokkon and Granita would be an awesome way to get the rock people in one fell swoop.

Indeed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    But then if they revealed that to be the first multi-pack of the year, you would get everyone saying they aren't buying the sub because $60 is too expensive for a box of rocks.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

How could I forget?!

NA: Butthead

(what a ridiculous character)

You know, all this talk about The Rock Warriors got me thinking. I'd love to get them in MOTUC. But I think if we don't get them, it's a little different than some other characters.

If for example, they never made Ram Man (God forbid) I couldn't really put a classic Ram Man with the other characters. He's too out of scale and style. But Rokkon was so differently shaped and sized to begin with, he could almost pass for a MOTUC character in his original form.

Same goes for Gwildor I suppose. Although I never had much interest in the live action film personally. If I did, I guess I'd just have to go get a Tom Paris action figure.