Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Leech Video Review by Pixel Dan

Court Magician
    Gotta respectfully disagree with many posters here. This figure looks unique and interesting. I like the updated head. I am very happy with the new tooling on this figure. I can see mattel went to great lengths to make this one. I'm looking forward to it!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I never noticed the arms and legs before. However, he is still one of my most wanted figures as him and Hordak are my favorite members of the Horde. This figure is going ot be awesome. Also, this is one of the instances where the vintage head is great.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I don't see a proportion problem at all...the vintage figure also had skinny arms and legs compared to the torso. I think this might be one of the best sculpts so far...can't wait to get that sucker! (pun intended!)
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

so this figure actually doesn't suck?
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    I don't see a proportion problem at all...the vintage figure also had skinny arms and legs compared to the torso. I think this might be one of the best sculpts so far...can't wait to get that sucker! (pun intended!)
    I agree with you. I don't see it, especially in comparison with the old figure. I'm REALLY excited about this figure.

Heroic Warrior
    In the original shots from his reveal, I thought the proportions looked a bit off, however seeing him in the video "in hand" I think he looks fantastic! Having never owned Leech before, I am looking forward to next month!!

I will say that I find it odd that BG Teela and now Leech are the only two figures on whom people are noticing/mentioning an "odd" look when twisting at the waist. Go back and check out every MOTUC figure you own, folks... BG Teela may have been the first female to have the "issue", but it's been around from the very beginning of the line on the male buck. And it's normal, if a figure is built right... While many of us may be the same diameter from front-to-back as side-to-side (I know I'm not in the best of shape, personally), the "normal, fit" human body has a great diameter side-to-side than front-to-back. If we had a "cut" at our waist, we'd look odd when we twist, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    so this figure actually doesn't suck?
    No he's precisely the right amount of suck!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I think he looks great but will miss the suction cups of the original figure. I would have bought a second one to open if it came with that feature. I'll still be picking one up regardless.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Elder Councilman
    I never realize the net was in the shape of the Evil Horde's symbol; I was just gonna toss it aside, now I have a use for it
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    In the original shots from his reveal, I thought the proportions looked a bit off, however seeing him in the video "in hand" I think he looks fantastic! Having never owned Leech before, I am looking forward to next month!!

I will say that I find it odd that BG Teela and now Leech are the only two figures on whom people are noticing/mentioning an "odd" look when twisting at the waist. Go back and check out every MOTUC figure you own, folks... BG Teela may have been the first female to have the "issue", but it's been around from the very beginning of the line on the male buck. And it's normal, if a figure is built right... While many of us may be the same diameter from front-to-back as side-to-side (I know I'm not in the best of shape, personally), the "normal, fit" human body has a great diameter side-to-side than front-to-back. If we had a "cut" at our waist, we'd look odd when we twist, too.
    My wife and I were actually discussing this earlier. All of the figures do turn the same. But I think it's the shape of Leech's body that make it stand out more with him. His wider, and flatter, for lack of a better term. So when his waist is turned there is a lot more over hand. BG Teela has this too, and we noticed with her first because she doesn't have the normal female outfit covering her torso.

The rest of the figures are a little more rounded out, so they don't have as much overhang, and thus don't look as weird when their waist is turned.

Just my two cents.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    My wife and I were actually discussing this earlier.
    If I could find a woman to discuss MOTUC, along with mma and horror movies with me - and actually care about discussing them with me - I shall marry.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

I had Leech as a kid, and he was the one I almost never played with. I'd fidget with his action feature a little, but trying to get him to talk and interact with the other bad guys was just not working for me.

The new figure is good, and much better than the original. But, the staction was way better. Glad to add him to the ranks-- Hordak is really needing his warriors.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    Leech was one of my favorite figures as a kid, so when I found out he was coming out, I was really excited. Now that I've seen Dan's magnificent(as usual) review I don't think I'll be able to get Leech out of the package fast enough when he gets here in a few weeks!

Another figure that looks great so to me its another addition to my collection of masters figures.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    i like it! Can't wait for this guy but my excitement is currently diverted on getting my subscription Man-E-Faces and Megator to ship. Still he looks fine to me and I don't have any issues with the design. Horde for life!
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    If I could find a woman to discuss MOTUC, along with mma and horror movies with me - and actually care about discussing them with me - I shall marry.
    Me too....

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Wheres the review on the Hordak figure that also comes out the same time cause thats 1 figure I would like to know MORE about as well. I watch EVERY vid that Pixel dan does and I really look forward to his videos when he does them. It really gets me excited when I watch them all over on the next figures coming out. Thanks Pixel Dan for all the hard work you put in cause this guy here gets excited when I see a new video of Masters of the universe.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Great review! Thanks again!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Nice review, PD. I think his proportions look fine to me, personally. I think he's a cool figure and his net accessory is awesome. The only thing that bothers me about Leech is his head. What bothers me about it is the same thing I didn't like about it when I was a kid: you can't see any of his face when looking directly at him except for his big mouth!

I think an alternate, more Filmation-inspired head would have done him a lot of good. I mean, I can accept this as him using his "I'm gonna eat you!" head, but not his regular, everyday head.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I thought the size and proportions were about right for a translation of the original figure, and this review proves it.

I noticed his head seemed to look exactly like his old head, but with actual detail in the mouth, and no cup on the front. I'm glad you pointed that out specifically. If you dont like this leach, you didnt really ever like the old one I guess.

As for the 200x, yeah, it's pretty boss. But I'm glad we got the head we did. But that is a cool staction. Somehow I've never seen it before.

I actually wish instead of that net (which is fine, gonna take up alot of space in a way though,) we got leech hands without the "webbing" cups. This leech needs extra hands.

I was always a little bothered, (ok, alot bothered) that in his first appearance in the Cartoon, he pops out the webbing from leechy, but normal hands, and they never retract.

I always thought why show us they are retractible and never retract them. It's a cool feature, and allows him to have normal hands as well as sucking hands. This is a missed opportunity. Oh well. No one else ever seems to mention this strange cartoon refrence.

I guess it's like Ritchie Cunningham's brother going upstairs, and never comming back down again.

But this review has me liking the figure more. I liked it anyway, but I like it more. I had Hordak, Leech, and Modulok. That's the only Horde I ever had. Well, and both Hordak varients, and the Fright Zone & Slime Pit. Strike That, i had Mantenna as well. But Leech was always awesome to play with.

I do wish the shoulder armour and the arm band were two different pieces, but I'm not actually bothered enough that they're connected (yet, without it in hand) to care to much.

Great review. I hope we get a Hurricain Hordak review next, becaues I think I may have to skip him. though I had him, and liked him, as a child, I just dont think I want that varient. I was going to get him to paint and alter him into Filmation Hordak, but I may just wait on that now. But I need to see this figure more to try to talk myself into wanting him.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Thanks Dan ! He looks very cool !!!

I think he looks great, proportions and all. It adds to his freakiness.

Thank you for the review!
    I thought the same about his proportions when i saw him the first time,
    i think it´s all about the bulkier vintage. Looks now fine to me.

i think it looks better than the 200x version.

when i first saw leech i had expected his body/torso to be larger, i found him a bit skinny.

considering how important his mouth/head is, it is a shame the 4H chose not to do two versions of his head (one more sucker and one less sucker) when they were given the opportunity to.

overall though, he is brilliant; a great compromise considering he's only got one head (seems everyone wants something different for poor old leech).

great review dan!!! ...

i was really excited when i heard leech was coming way back when he was first revealed ... i think the figure looks great, i love the green paint-job on it ...

my only gripe is that i wish the suction piece in the back of his mouth was further forward, just to give him more of a 'leech' effect ... anyone agree? ... i think his mouth could have been a tad smaller ...

as for the proportions debate, couldn't they have just given him bigger shoulder joints? ... perhaps even a bulkier set of thighs? ... i guess all these one-off parts cost mattel money, but they could have added well to the figures appearance ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*