Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MOTU Classics Leech Video Review by Pixel Dan

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    After seeing the review the second time, I have to say. Leech don't look as bad as you imply about the arms and legs being not propotion to the torso. I think it fits well, like a frog. Large body with smaller legs and even smaller upper legs.

The only thing that's annoying is the waist. Other than that, looking forward to this figure!

Will you be posting a review for the Hurricane Hordak soon? Looking forward to that too!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    If Leech would just do some freaking squats and deadlifts, he could thicken up his glutes and lower back...then he wouldn't be quite so screwy-looking.

I mean, just look at him...he's another one of those jackasses that only trains his upper body and probably does BB curls in the squat rack!!!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Heroic Warrior
    As a former powerlifter, you just categorized 3/4 of the guys in my gym.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    As a former powerlifter, you just categorized 3/4 of the guys in my gym.
    Right?!?!

There ought to be a law...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    If Leech would just do some freaking squats and deadlifts, he could thicken up his glutes and lower back...then he wouldn't be quite so screwy-looking.

I mean, just look at him...he's another one of those jackasses that only trains his upper body and probably does BB curls in the squat rack!!!
    Ha, that is funny. Every guy wants to train upper body and not his scrawny legs.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Fair go, I also work me abbs too sometimes. But really, the original 80's Leech toy had a keg not a six pack.

If you also look close at the six pack its in that square 200x style too, which is very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Any news on HH?
    HH-review in the making? Go Dan! :-)
    A new Motu line, again at last!

I love Leech, hes perfect.

But the size of the Stactions are GREAT, too! As Staction looks Leech more Evil and stronger.

Really great review Dan. As this figure is so different from the others you really got to go to town on the details with out having to say 'this is just standard MOTUC like we already seen'.

I do agree the staction is much better and some detail on the underside of the suction cup hands would have been nice, not the tongues but maybe small holes/mouths where the tongues would come out off and some details on the under side of the fingers.

So Leech doesn't have the ab crunch? I'm generally not a fan of the ab crunch and would prefer these figures not to have it as I feel it takes to much away from the sculpt, but I actually would like Leech to have it so I could get the hunched over pose like the staction has.

I like to think the net is fired from the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Leech looks so goofy compared to his 200X version. I wish his teeth were thinner and his lips not quite so big so he could actually see ahead of him.
    I tend to agree with this, if the lips were a little thinner and teeth thinner and less rounded then it may have looked much better.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26