View Poll Results: Who would win in a battle between Mekaneck, Tri Klops and Mantenna?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mekaneck

12 9.02%
  • Tri Klops

107 80.45%
  • Mantenna

14 10.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would win: Mekaneck vs Tri Klops vs Mantenna

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

Who would win: Mekaneck vs Tri Klops vs Mantenna

It's been a little while since I posted a "who would win" poll (the last one, Roboto vs. Multi Bot vs. Blast Attak, was back in January); mostly because I haven't been able to think of any interesting combinations.

But what about this, maybe an obvious one, but the battle the spies, the guys with the special eyes (see how I made that rhyme? I put a lot of thought into these things!!).

MEKANECK: Perisopic neck, allowing him to see over things, neck can also be used for other purposes (such as battering ram in many childhood battles , it seems)

TRI KLOPS: Three eyed huntsman, allowing him to see all around, and each eye with a different ability (some cannon also shows these eyes to fire lasers, although I never liked this ability personally). Also an expert swordsman.

MANTENNA: Strange four legged foe (the figure does have four legs if you look closely) from the Horde, his eyes come out on stalks. The eyes can also shoot stun beams in some versions.

For the sake of argument, each character is only armed with whatever the figure came with (i.e. you can't say "XXX pulls out a gaint cannon and blows everyone else away").
    And remember, this is a "who would win" battle scenario, not voting for your favourite character.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior
    I would have say Triclops. He has an eye and the ability to deal with the other two. He truly is one of the best warriors in the MOTU series.
    Pathors Cub is the son of Panthor and the cat version of Catra.

Castle Grayskull
    I would have to go with tri-klops. An expert swordsman, and he can shoot lasers with his eyes.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    You gotta be kidding! A warrior who defeated Battle Cat, Teela and Ram Man on the same day before He-Man hardly beat him? Versus a guy with the most worthless power ever and a henchman whose greatest achievement was making He-Man shake his legs? That's no battle, that's a one-sided massacre!

Quote Originally Posted by Castle Grayskull View Post
    I would have to go with tri-klops. An expert swordsman, and he can shoot lasers with his eyes.
    Urgh, don't remind me. I hated that concept of him!!

Anyway, to answer my own question...
    Well, I've always thought of Mantenna as a rather cowardly being, who'd mouth off and then go and get the rest of the Horde to protect him. I think he would be out of the running very early on. Then it would be a square match between Mekaneck and Tri-Klops. Mekaneck is a reasonable warrior, and he can use his club/periscope to fight with; his neck is useful but not going to aid him much in battle; Against Tri-Klops, who can see all around, is a very able warrior (even without firing lasers from his eyes - urgh! ) and a top swordsman to boot... I think Tri Klops would see Mekaneck off and be the victor of this battle.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Tri-Klops. Mantenna might prove a bit of a challenge, but Mekaneck would be as threatening as a soggy loaf of bread. Tri-Klops has been established as one of the most powerful of the evil masters, who got dumbed down after his debut.

Edit: Sorry, I'm biased against Mek for laughs, I don't really have anything against him.
    Last edited by Stampede; March 15, 2007 at 02:49am.
    Always looking for new clients!

My eBay feedback

My Org Feedback

Mantenna actually might have the most useful ability/power of the three, but he's typically comedic relief in She-Ra's show, and his personality reflects that.

Whereas Mantenna is a clutzy minion with an interesting power (at best), Mekaneck and Tri-Klops both strike me as serious warriors. I've also seen Mekaneck be surprisingly effective with that neck-stretching ability of his that basically puts him in the same league as Marvel's Stilt-Man.

Tri-Klops' ability is... different, I'll give it that. However, he looks ripped to me (even for an Eternian), and you can just tell that he's good with a sword.

I have to agree with the concensus here and give it to Tri-Klops.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

It's gotta be Tri klops surely!
    He's one of the few warriors that can actually give He-man a run for his money.

It's kind of a no brainer question really!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_He-Man View Post
    Mantenna actually might have the most useful ability/power of the three, but he's typically comedic relief in She-Ra's show, and his personality reflects that.

Whereas Mantenna is a clutzy minion with an interesting power (at best), Mekaneck and Tri-Klops both strike me as serious warriors. I've also seen Mekaneck be surprisingly effective with that neck-stretching ability of his that basically puts him in the same league as Marvel's Stilt-Man.

Tri-Klops' ability is... different, I'll give it that. However, he looks ripped to me (even for an Eternian), and you can just tell that he's good with a sword.

I have to agree with the concensus here and give it to Tri-Klops.
    what he said..!
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    It's gotta be Tri klops surely!
    He's one of the few warriors that can actually give He-man a run for his money.

It's kind of a no brainer question really!
    Howdy

Ditto!

Chris M
    I have been honing my movie knowledge while I have been away and watching a lot. Best Picture winners left to watch: NONE. Films left to watch in Empire's 500 greatest films list: ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN

A big fan of Slush Head
    What can I say, I am a Tri-klops fan so... Tri-klops .

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    What can I say, I am a Tri-klops fan so... Tri-klops .
    Although in fairness, its not a popularity contest, but anyway...
    ~jay firestorm~

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty much everyone else have already said the same thing, but I'd have to go with Tri-Klops as well

Heroic Warrior

Gnar

Boy, I hope Mantenna doesn't read this thread... or check out those results! Poor guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Doompuppet View Post
    Boy, I hope Mantenna doesn't read this thread... or check out those results! Poor guy!
    He wouldn't be able to believe his eyes.... boom boom.
    ~jay firestorm~

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Well...the truth is that poor Mantenna seems like a silly choice! After all, if he keeps crossing his eyes like that, he will get a headache
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Although in fairness, its not a popularity contest, but anyway...
    Yeah I know but he could kick all their asses anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Yeah I know but he could kick all their asses anyway.
    And then some
    ~jay firestorm~

Heroic Warrior
    Mantenna: -->IMPOSSIBLE he is an idiot.

The true battle will be between Tri Klops ana Meckaneck. The first is and awesome swordman, strong and evil. The second has great armor and weapon. I donīt think Tri Klops shoots laser rays from one of his eyes, so I donīt consider it.

Personally I like Meckaneck figure much more than Triklops but, this time after a gory fight TK chops Meckanecks "bio-neck".

The older I get, the less and less I like Mech-a-neck. Lame name, lame figure. Has a nice color scheme, but a man with an extending neck is just too silly, even for classic MOTU. In the 2000x series, I think they should have made him an either an android or robot, and just called him 'Mecha' or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    The older I get, the less and less I like Mech-a-neck. Lame name, lame figure. Has a nice color scheme, but a man with an extending neck is just too silly, even for classic MOTU. In the 2000x series, I think they should have made him an either an android or robot, and just called him 'Mecha' or something.
    I've never really been a huge Mekaneck fan either. I can get past his name, as it's rather a MOTU tradition to have silly names, but he just never really did much for me. Added to that, for many years he was incorrectly listed as a second wave figure in many sources and thus given more prominance than he really had. I dunno... I generally like the more human-like figures, but Mekaneck just never really made it to being one of my favourites.
    (for more discussion, see the Mekaneck review thread - shameless plug!! )
    ~jay firestorm~

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_He-Man View Post
    I agree. Mantenna was more of a comedian than a villian. He was too stupid too. The most impressive thing Mantenna has done was to:
    1 - temporaily use his eye beams on He-man to make him feel wobbly
    2 - Got back at Hordak by sending him to the watery dungeons And I forgot that ep by the way.

As for who the better warrior is, I gotta go with Tri-Clops. AT least he has a brain unlike Skeletor's other warriors

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Gotta disagree pal.
    He has a lame name, but is not a lame figure. I like the colours very much, the armor, the helmet, the weapon. I think is very good figure.
    His weak point is that he is not a great warrior so with TK is doomed.

Tri-Klops is a respectable warrior, indeed. However, I still think Mechaneck has a chance. How come?
    Do you remember how he fought the ghouls in the comic "The Insect People"? He litterally rammed them down, stretching his neck in a sudden move. So, Tri-Klops, even with a 360 degree vision field, would he anticipate such a sudden and singular attack? He would have to guess Mechaneck's "secret weapon", first. And if he sees Mechaneck for the first time, well... a ramming surprise is waiting for him. Who agrees?

I think Mek's best chance of winning involves striking hard and fast, maybe even looking for terrain that'll help him out and moving the fight there.

TriKlops outclasses him as a warrior and mechahuman. What weapon one is comfortable enough using to carry around says a lot. If Mek could handle a sword the same way, he'd presumably have one instead of the club. The longer the fight lasts, the worse I think it'll go for Mek.

And Mantenna? His presence would probably help Mek more than TriKlops, if it wasn't a straight Mek vs. Trike vs. Man10na... Or they were playing DanceDanceRevolution. Mantenna's got the advantage there.