Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What if they were smaller?

I'm happy with the size they are right now. They feel nice and big and chunky in my hands, just like the original toys did when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Emphatically "no".

I love the scale they're at.
    I emphatically agree with you.
    For me, they are perfectly sized just as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    They feel nice and big and chunky in my hands.....

the ignore list is my new best friend

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    A smaller scale would have been the best way to go in hindsight but starting with the smaller scale now, would be horrible. Your display would look like this awkward mis-match with toys that look like belong in different lines together.

It would be the same 'Scale mismatch Syndrome' that Transformers collectors have been suffering from for years only that it's more tolerable with robots than 'people'.
    I agree with this.

Six inches would have been best. LOTS of action figures lines use that = better for displays. Also, then the 200X Castle Grayskull and vehicles would have been compatible with MOTUC.

I don't want them to change the scale though. Only teenaged MOTUC figures, kids and pets should be smaller at this point.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    I agree 100%. A change in scale right now would be a horrible idea.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I could cope if they were closer to the size of the vintage line so that they'd feel more compatible with the vintage vehicles and playsets but I like the scale we have.

I just hope we get all the characters from the vintage MOTU and POP lines and more besides in the scale we have
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

No thanks. I can appreciate what you are saying, but I like the current size and level of detail we are getting, especially this far into the line. Its funny cause I originally wanted this line to be in the same scale as the DCUC line (and closer to the scale of the older lines and vehicles). I'm happy now that they went with a slightly bigger size. The smaller these figures get, the more likely the integrity of the original sculpt gets compromised (not to mention possible weaker joints and warping). The current size works well with the overall "chunkiness" of the figures. Plus I want something that is a little bigger and more visible on my shelf.
    Last edited by phnx75; August 23, 2011 at 03:56pm.

Heroic Warrior
    This is the scale I always wished the vintage line were as a child so I say it's just right!

On a separate note- not one person made an attempt at a phallic joke with all the inch, thick, chunkiness and "in my hands" comments? Really....REALLY?

I would have been happy for them to be the same scale as 200X.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

If MOTUC figures were smaller, like 200X size, they would be…

- …just light enough in weight that loose joints (ankles, knees, hips, etc) wouldn’t cause them to fall over. DCUC figures with joints just as loose stand up just fine.
    - …slightly cheaper in price. I suspect they might have been as low as $15 like DCUC. Plus they would probably be just slightly cheaper to ship.
    - …compatible with all 200X vehicles and play sets, including Castle Grayskull. (I never even thought of that Darkspecter)
    - …easier to display and/or store because they wouldn’t be taking up as much space.

I understand that many people like them the way they are and I respect the right for everyone to have a subjective opinion. But I don’t think anyone could make a case that MOTUC figures at their current size have more advantages to being that size than the advantages I listed above for a slightly smaller scale.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    No - I'm happy with the size they are - total hand candy - I love the bulkyness and the size is perfect - they really stand out in a display.

I hope no-one decides to change the size - smaller characters I can cope with with.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    They are really really massive. I'm not a fan of very small action figures, but the 6" and 5" scales are large enough to be good fun and look very nice. If they were 6" tall, they'd also match the size of most other middle-sized action figure lines better. It's even more pronouced with the females. MOTUC Adora looks very awkward on a shelf with figures from 6" toylines. At least I can pretend BG Teela is a really tall amazon.

If it brought down costs, that would be great. If it made it possible to make more beasts, vehicles, diorama pieces etc. even better. But obviously it's not going to happen right now. And I worry that if there ever is a new MOTU toyline after MOTUC they'll just move straight to 1:18 scale.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar
    I think the 200x size was perfect.

In the beginning of this line I found King Grayskull in a perfect size just because he supposed to be bigger than a regular 200x figure then the scale was perfect. But I don't like figures like prince adam or merman big as him.

And the intercompatibility with 200x vehicles and playset would have been fantastic.
    Last edited by Mamblo; August 23, 2011 at 12:44pm.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    I would also like to add that, even though I would prefer these figures in scale with the vintage figures, I would not want to see a MOTU line any smaller than that.
    MOTU is not and should never be a 3.75"-4" scale line. That was the original appeal which lead to the success of the property in the first place. It was bigger than GI Joe and Star Wars. I feel like any incarnation of MOTU should always pay homage to that.

Quote Originally Posted by TrimmTrabb View Post
    I would also like to add that, even though I would prefer these figures in scale with the vintage figures, I would not want to see a MOTU line any smaller than that.
    MOTU is not and should never be a 3.75"-4" scale line. That was the original appeal which lead to the success of the property in the first place. It was bigger than GI Joe and Star Wars. I feel like any incarnation of MOTU should always pay homage to that.
    I too don't want a 3 and 3/4" line even though I collect several other lines in this scale. But I must admit I did like the 200X Happy Meal toys and I wish we had gotten about 20 of them. But I think the main reason I liked those was that they were $1 MOTU figures.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

The scale is perfect. No one is ever happy.

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cobz1976 View Post
    The scale is perfect. No one is ever happy.
    Reactionary much?

Who isn't happy? This thread is just about speculation.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    But I don’t think anyone could make a case that MOTUC figures at their current size have more advantages to being that size than the advantages I listed above for a slightly smaller scale.
    Other than I don't care for those advantages over the current size and look of the figures.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Other than I don't care for those advantages over the current size and look of the figures.
    Also, if the line ends like...tomorrow (as a for instance), it would be easy for DCUC figures and accessories to be customized to finish off the characters in the line.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Who isn't happy? This thread is just about speculation.
    Totally. I'm fine with the line the scale that it is. It's just fun to discuss the size that I would prefer for motuc figures to be if I had things exactly my way. I don't think any of us were saying that we weren't happy. If we weren't, we wouldn't be buying the figures, just like I won't be buying the Thundercats Classics.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I love the classics line, but I do wished they were made in their vintage scale. They still would been made with the same amount of detail and articulation, but just vintage size.

I remember I talked about this a few years ago, but nobody was really keen on the idea.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I love the classics line, but I do wished they were made in their vintage scale. They still would been made with the same amount of detail and articulation, but just vintage size.

I remember I talked about this a few years ago, but nobody was really keen on the idea.
    I must have missed it, because I'm with you 100%.

OH HECK NO!!

Don't get me started about this!!

I still deeply despise Hasbros decision to get rid of Marvel Legends, instead opting for the Tiny Gumball Machine Marvel Universe figures, which I have not touched or even thought of buying.

Heroic Warrior
    I am a HUGE 3.75" fan (read: 4" Marvel Universe, GI Joe etc) and I would love the line in that scale. The vehicles and playsets would be better-handled at that scale. The only thing I would want is the quality and construction of a GI Joe.

The MOTU are bulky guys and I don't know how the articulation would translate to that scale. If they used the PVC of a Marvel Universe figure for lioncloths, capes, and hair with the articulation of a GI Joe, I would be 110% into this line.

Shifting scales hurts those who invested so much time and money into another scale. At this rate, it hurts the value of their collection, both personally and financially.

But yes, if executed right with the proper materials (see Young Justice's 4" Vandal Savage figure for the lower coat: the PERFECT soft PVC for the 3.75" MOTUC line!), I would love this line in that scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mye-Kah B View Post
    OH HECK NO!!

Don't get me started about this!!

I still deeply despise Hasbros decision to get rid of Marvel Legends, instead opting for the Tiny Gumball Machine Marvel Universe figures, which I have not touched or even thought of buying.
    Um, they're back. And instead of going the wrong path, they stopped and re-evaluated how to do the line correctly going forward. So what's the problem?
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; August 25, 2011 at 06:42pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Size is everything.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!