Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is missing what in the line?

Who is missing what in the line?

I am pretty close to being all caught up on this line, thanks to the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. I now only need Tri-Klops (I missed him during the sale due to that thing called a job), Roboto, Zodac, He-Ro, Wun-Dar, and Preternia Disguise He-Man. I was wondering how many others are close to being caught up or are all caught up now.
    Good Journey

Depends on what "being caught up" means to each person. Are we counting SDCC versions of figures, or TRU DC vs MOTU figures? The only variant/figure I'm missing is color-change Orko (and bronze Grayskull if that counts - not to me).
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I technically have every figure. I also have a bronze King Grayskull and a custom blue spirit of Grayskull. The only I am trying to get is the Zodac from the DC two pack. If I find him, good. If not, then I don't really care.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I guess you're right RockinHard, everyone has their own version of being caught up, so I guess I am asking if everyone is caught up by their definition or how close they are to being caught up.
    Good Journey

Yeah being caught up means differently to people. I have every figure, but not every variant. I dont have flocked ears moss man, or sdcc king grayskull (bronze or spirit) and color changing orko. But i get doubles of the figures that have different heads. (Megator, kronis, capt glen, etc.)

Got them all in double or triplicate except the spirit and silver she-ra.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

The only figures that I am missing is King Grayskull bronze variant and I still have not received my other Snout Spout and Swiftwind. I am waiting on Matty to figure out my sub. It has been 13 days and counting. 4 calls to DR. A "high priority" ticket on the system and absolutely no communication initiated by DR on the situation. Sorry for the tangent, can you tell I am bitter?

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I technically have every figure. I also have a bronze King Grayskull and a custom blue spirit of Grayskull. The only I am trying to get is the Zodac from the DC two pack. If I find him, good. If not, then I don't really care.
    There is one for sale on E-bay for $29.00 - free shipping.

I would like a BA Faker and I will have all that I want up to this point... and the Spymonkey weapons.

**Please read and follow forum rules on posting active Ebay links. Thanks! **

I don't even see the point in having a SDCC He-Ro for the sticker underneath or owning both "versions" of Moss Man just for the ear flocking.

Maybe I am not seeing some "logistics" here . . .
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I don't count the KG Statue or the SDCC He-Ro... KG, because he's just too rare/expensive for me (plus, I haven't opened my KG box, so I may already have one ). He-Ro doesn't count either, since you have to open the figure to see the SDCC logo. I've thought about getting a loose one, but my collection's all MOC.

So that just leaves the SDCC version of Queen Marlena for me. I know some people would call that a "packing variation" (no actual material difference from Captain Glenn, just packed in differently), but I'd still like to add her at some point.

Heroic Warrior
    I just need BA He-Man, BA Faker, Blue Mer-Man, and another Whiplash so I can display with both heads. Otherwise I have every figure including doubles of the following so I can display with the variant heads: Megator, Palace Guards Glenn, Moss Man. I also have a second Goddess figure just in case the pelvis explodes on my first.

(I obviously don't have Silver She-Ra and Spirit of Grayskull figures which I'll sadly never own, and I don't want the SDCC versions of any of the other figures, or any of the other 2-Pack variants).

I also might get another Faker so I can make "Faker Wun-Dar" by using the pink cosmic enforcer accessories from the Weapons Pack. I'd also like a second Shadow Beast.

Oh, and I only started collecting the classics line in November 2011. In less than a month I've spent $2500 on MOTUC!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I am just getting into MOTUC. All I have is He-Man with a few others pending.

Heroic Warrior
    I consider anything offered for sale by Mattel as the complete line (So Spirit of Grayskull and Silver She-Ra are not in my mind). Also I collect MOC ( I do have about 40 or so figures loose too, the mixing and matching is incredible in this line!). So what I am missing are:

Bronze King Grayskull
    Flocked Ears Moss Man
    She-Ra vs. Supergirl

Some form of He-Ro but I have no idea which ones? (So I won't worry about these as there is no way to tell on card?)

And I think that's it? I had a Flocked Moss Man at one point but either sold it or traded it as I was'nt worried about having both versions, but now I want one

I just need Roboto and four of the DC 2 packs (Stratos/Hawkman, She-Ra/Supergirl, Faker/Bizarro, & Zodac/Hal Jordan) and I think my collection will be up to date.

The variants, like the Bronze & Spirit versions of King Grayskull, don't count IMO.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; November 30, 2011 at 04:40pm.

Cause I'm lame like this...

I already have a list! BUT...I am not trying to get the complete set...I only want the ones I want. Though some I didn't originally want made it onto the list. Needless to say it's long and I'm not gonna take up all the space.

I will say for only coming into this collection for the past 3 months I am doing really well, I think!

Spirit of Grayskull is the only one I need. I'm not sure I really consider it part of the line though..too limited.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Thanks to the Cyber Monday sale I am now officially completely caught up on my MOTUC collection with the exception of the first SDCC King Greyskull and the Bronze Greyskull variant. I consider both of those unessential for my collection - though the bronze Greyskull statue would be kind of fun.

I have everyone I want (about 75% of them so far), except:

Quality-Control-Or

which this line badly needs.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Need just a few and Im all caught up.

King Greyskull (any version)
    Roboto
    Adora
    Megator
    Wundar

THATS IT!!! And with Christmas coming I expect that list to shorten thanks to my wife
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Due to a cash shortage last month, I missed out on Snouty, BP She-Ra and Swifty...other than those, all caught up in my view...

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm not missing anything at the moment. I've been on board with the line from the beginning. About the only thing that I bought way after the fact (and way above cost) was a bronze King Grayskull.

I've pretty much been able to get everything right away either thanks to being able to be online to order it (in many cases of which I've helped out some other local fans from a local fan club in ordering things for them if they couldn't get online), in some cases some of those people helping me out if I couldn't get online, through the subscriptions, and in the case of some convention exclusives that I wanted (i.e. original King Grayskull and color-changing Orko) I was lucky enough to know some people who were able to hook me up with that stuff. So, I've been very lucky so far in that respect.

In the recent case of Marlena/Captain Glenn, I justed ordered 2 of the Glenn version from Matty to display her in both of her forms. The figure, itself, and the accessories are the same, it's just the way that it is packed and the bio card that is different. I wasn't keeping them MOC anyway, and while it would have been nice to get the other bio card, it wasn't a make or break issue.

He-Ro was an interesting situation. I didn't want the SDCC version because I thought that having the SDCC logo printed on the figure, itself (even if it is under his armor) was stupid. Normally I don't order "random" extras of figures (meaning extras that are neither specifically requested by someone else that I'm helping out or that I don't intend to keep for myself), but with the different stone colors, I took the plunge and actually placed 2 separate orders for the maximum of 6 figures each (for a total of 12 He-Ros).

The plan was to increase the chances of getting all 3 stone colors (and there were tricks that could be done to check the color without opening the figures). My hopes were that it would in increase the odds of getting at least some of the rarer colored stones (red and purple), and my fear would be getting nothing but green ones! I got really lucky though, as one order ended up being all red stone and the other was all purple stones. At the time, I was keeping 1 of each figure MOC and opening one of each. I traded a couple of them for a couple of green stone He-Ros, and opened 1 of each stone color and kept one of each MOC. I was able to sell most of them off to other members of the fan club. I still had an extra or two, but was able to gradually sell some off over time. Also, I've since given up keep an extra of everything MOC expect for a select few figures (I've sold off several MOC figures that I no longer needed), so I'm no longer keeping 3 He-Ros MOC, but just 1. I think I still have 1 or 2 extra He-Ros for potential future trade/sale, but that's about it. I still have all 3 stone colors loose, and will be hanging onto those.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

My version of caught up is unique characters or character states. Not looks. So only thing I am missing is Spirit of Grayskull.

By my own definition, I'm all caught up (thanks to sale last weekend).

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

All I am missing now Panthor....before the BF / CM sale, I was in need of Teela, MAA & Tri-Klops, and Adora was one thanks to BP She-Ra I wanted....I am still up in the air about the original She-Ra, Zodak & Stratos....eventually I will decide, but as of now I am not in dire need of them.

I still need the coming figures of 2012...obviously
    BG Evil-Lyn
    Sorceress
    Kahn
    TP He-Man
    Shadow Weaver???? possibly, I have her on pre-order as of now.
    Stinkor
    Horde Prime

However I still need the ones yet unproduced.....
    Ram-Man
    Dragstor
    Mantenna
    Rattlor
    Meck-A-Neck

I came into the line wanting the vintage MOTU I had as a kid only...but once I got more into them...I ended up with more...I still have a very small collection compared to others...but I have what I really want...except for Panthor.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    I just cherry pick so if I'm missing any, it's usually because I don't want them.
    Megator, Vikor, Faceless One, He-Ro... no interest.

Got a Snout Spout and Swifty in the post, but apart from them the only one I'm missing that I want is Wun-Dar.
    Having said that, when I did start collecting I promised to myself that, because of financial & space limitations, I'd limit my purchases to what I considered 'core' characters (Basically, the cast of "Diamond Ray of Disappearance") but I broke that promise some time ago. What I consider "essential" is in a permanent state of flux.
    Last edited by redsquadron; November 30, 2011 at 06:43pm.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)