Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you still collect MOTUC if the Four Horsemen stopped sculpting them?

Would you still collect MOTUC if the Four Horsemen stopped sculpting them?

I am interested to know if you would still collect MOTUC if the Four Horsemen decided to move on and Mattel decided to do everything in-house.

Are you a fan of MOTU/C or a fan of the Four Horsemen's MOTUC?

Yes, I'd still collect MOTUC if someone else took over for the sculpting duties. At the end of the day, I'm a fan of MOTU, not the 4H.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Impossible to answer because it would depend on how the in-house sculpts looked.

I suppose I still would, even if the sculpts were fug.

I never stopped reading a comic because a different artist took over (writer, now that was a different story...), and I wouldn't stop collecting MOTUC if the 4H left.

I mean..most of the parts are there already, anyway.

I'm going to say NO (200x Snakemen, anyone?) Hopefully, this will never happen.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; June 13, 2011 at 12:42pm.

Heroic Warrior Master of Disguise's Avatar
    Well for MOTUC I'd be severely disappointed if they were given the boot or moved on. I've got a connection to them now with this line, plus they're doing a phenomenal job up until now and no doubt into the future. Their heart artistically with this line is in the right place and it is showing, Mattel would need their head examined.....hold on tight.

If the style or quality changed, I'd be gone but as long as the next month's figure looks like it belonged with the previous month's, I'm sticking around.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Impossible to answer because it would depend on how the in-house sculpts looked.
    I agree with this. Marvel Legends lost me because the Hasbro versions didn't compare to the Toybiz versions. So if there is a noticeable change in look, I might drop the line.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

I don't collect everything they make, but I do admire their artistry. I'm a fan of both, the IP and the studio.

I will support this line as long as it continues to hold my interest and continues to evolve as a product.
    Last edited by slackrguy; June 13, 2011 at 10:18am.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I never stopped reading a comic because a different artist took over (writer, now that was a different story...), and I wouldn't stop collecting MOTUC if the 4H left.

I mean..most of the parts are there already, anyway.
    I agree completely. It's not like the standard male buck or new female buck will really have much to change except for a few nuances. I'd still collect it. The only way I'll stop is if I can't afford it.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Only if maybe Emiliano would replace them. I dont believe somebody else has the combined power of skills, passion and knowledge.

Imagine we would get such crab like the new Thundercats figures? No thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    Hard question.... I don't really know...

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I agree with this. Marvel Legends lost me because the Hasbro versions didn't compare to the Toybiz versions. So if there is a noticeable change in look, I might drop the line.
    These quotes cover my thoughts.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Hmm... I guess it would depend. I'd personally wait to see what the outcome would be before making a definite decision.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Hmm... I guess it would depend. I'd personally wait to see what the outcome would be before making a definite decision.
    I agree, they have set the standard now, and it depends on if it was maintained or not.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    This is a tough one.

I've loved MOTU my whole life. I've collected Four Horsemen-sculpted MOTU my whole adult collector life. I've been spoiled by them for over a decade now. I remember buying my first Toyfare magazine that had the Four Horsemen interview/MOTU revival article in it. Hard to believe that was a decade ago.

Nevertheless, I quickly became a fan of the Four Horsemen. I knew they were super talented because they worked on that crazy McFarlane stuff that was super detailed/sculpted back then. I was never really into it, but I couldn't deny their talent. Once I got that Toyfare magazine, I realized it was a match made in heaven. It was great to hear that they were fans of MOTU and had favorite characters and what have you. Mattel's in house team did do some great figures during the 2002 run that I enjoyed but the Four Horsemen take it to another level imo.

I'm pretty sure I would still get whatever MOTU figures Mattel did, but I fear they wouldnt be as good as they are with the Four Horsemen at the helm. MOTU is my favorite entertainment/media property ever and I dont think that will ever change. Takin it to the grave!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

We have been spoiled by the amazing sculpts of the Four Horsemen for many years now. We know we are getting beautifully designed figures on a regular basis. If that were to ever stop, it might just affect whether or not I continue with the line.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It would depend on what came after. I wouldn't necessarily drop it the moment the Fab Four left, but they are a hard act to follow, and Mattel's in-house folks would have to do an outstanding job not to loose the quality we've come to expect.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Yes, I'd still collect MOTUC if someone else took over for the sculpting duties. At the end of the day, I'm a fan of MOTU, not the 4H.
    Sums it up. As long as they still look good i'll buy them. Might even look better, you never know.

I am most certainly a fan of the 4H's work, but I'd still have to see what the new sculptors could do before making judgement. I wouldn't just dismiss anyone else's work because they aren't the 4H.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I apreciate them, but no, if the sculptors that followed were as good, then I'd buy the figures.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Only if maybe Emiliano would replace them. I dont believe somebody else has the combined power of skills, passion and knowledge.
    LOL, thanks! But I'm not a sculptor!
    I could only design them

of course .

it would be hard but i'm a motu fan
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I dunno. The line is what it is because of specific elements. If something went away, it wouldn't be the same line anymore. The figures would still need to look the same... that's the point of this line-- That they all look like they came from the same universe.
    I love an all inclusive canon!