Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ideas to make subscription more attractive!

Heroic Warrior
    Ideas to make the sub more attractive ? OK, here we go :

1) Make Mattycollector's website a site that's actually NICE to shop at (a HUGE improvement is required, here !)

2) Improve customer service, and the shipping service (a colossal effort is required here too)

3) Improve the quality control of MOTUC (this should be a proprity, IMO)

4) Stop playing cheap and show some ambitions for MOTUC (more unique sculpts, no more unrequested variants like Snake Man-at-Arms, more fan favorites, decent advertisement, great budget, show us the will to actually EXPAND this line to more people !). And PLEASE don't add more limitations to this line, 'cause the situation is bad enough as it is...

5) Take care of your international fans, propose them better options and include them more into the MOTUC universe, contests etc.
    Last edited by Prahvus; November 21, 2011 at 11:45am.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

1) Make Mattycollector's website a site that's actually NICE to shop at (a HUGE improvement is required, here !)

2) Improve customer service, and the shipping service (a colossal effort is required here too)
    I would heartily agree with these two points. The website is a mess. There are always ongoing issues with changing addresses, credit card info etc. Why is it so difficult to fix these things? When I've ordered things from other major companies (Amazon, eBay, etc), there is never a hassle changing this information. Mattycollector needs to get with the program!

I like these ideas (combination of others' and my own):

-ability to combine non-sub with Sub orders
    -more stickers!
    -teeshirts! Sure, cost would go up, but I'd love some shirts
    -patches! (iron on or otherwise)(Project Photog, faction logos, character symbols...)
    -discounts on non-sub items or con exclusives
    -subber's fan-choice polls
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    have a basic sub for figures with boxes to tick if you wanted the weapons packs, vehicles, beasts, multipacks, that way those of a limited income/shelf space could get the characters without being held to everything under the sun
    oh and 200x he-man with bonus alcala head as subscription figure
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

I have a few ideas...less random shipping dates for sub buyers (some haven't recieved confirmation for Swift & Snout yet)...more efficient and cheaper shipping options...like actual price of Priority Mail...one figure Priority should cost around $6 from CA to where I am in MI...and I pay $8.70 for Snail Mail Parcel Post????? A better run website.....Better QC work...apparently Swift Wind has leg issues now....and yet they want to raise the price of the figures...which mind you they still haven't told us yet, and it's only a month more or less until 2012.

I mean come on they want to raise prices & still sell more figures, but leave the rest of the details floating in crap....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    I.
    would.
    subscribe.
    12 monthly.

this would surely help.
    The problem with going to this is that everything that is not the 12 main figures will not sell as good and that will lead to them dropping off completely and could kill the line.

Example.
    Griffin, Star Sisters, Bo's POP Horse, and King Grayskulls Battle Lion.

Most collectors that were not completest would get none of these some might get 1 or 2. This would end up killing the line or at least the multipack/oversized/beasts.

The expansion of the sub with multipack/oversized/beasts could lead to a Castle Grayskull in the future.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

There are so many cool and awesome things they could do for sub holders. But it's time we face the facts. there not gonna do anything. They gave shipping a day or two early and sticker sheet. Oh and a figure that we have to pay for anyway.

Being in a sub should mean we get a few perks the cherry pickets don't. Not only don't we get anything extra they are gonna raise the price. Next year. Unreal.

They need to sit down and make this what it was supposed to be from the beginning.
    A collectors line.

People here have written some great ideas and a lot would be an awesome addition. But unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears.

I don't mean to be a downer but I'm just so sick of hearing the excuses and crap answers that we get for stuff of this nature. To me this means more then extra heads or extra weapons for a fake character draegoman.

The sub holders are the guaranteed money for the year. In total in the high hundreds for one sub. So it's time to put a smile on sub holders.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    What I don't like with the subs is that I am a casual MOTU fan.What I mean is, I either don't want or have no clue who some of the obscure figures are nor do I care about.I don't mind "cherry picking" its just I don't like being suckered into buying figures I want want.I do agree about giving something extra to the sub holders that all fine and dandy.

- Sub holders should be given ability to buy exclusives through Matty, otherwise it is we who will most likely buy them second hand. Why let scalpers profit from your CORE FAN BASE??? We are the reason the franchise is alive!

- We should get access to sale-day items a few hours prior to non sub holders, so we can get extras or whatever else.

- We should be allowed to vote in the SDCC vote. (ie: Panthors flocking, Gramamyr's color, etc.)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    One thing that would really make the sub more attractive to me:

Not cancelling it on me twice in one year...

Competence would do more for the subs and sales in general than anything else I can imagine.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Wasn't shipping prior to sale day supposed to be a Sub perk?

Perks are GREAT when they're delivered...
    Didn't they say they were working on getting sale-day (non-sub items) to ship with subscriptions? How are they going to ship prior to sale day if that's the case?

I could be wrong...but I thought they said that they were working on that.

(BTW, shipping prior to sales day isn't a "perk" they're giving to us...as an incentive....they're doing it because it makes life easier for them. Shipping prior to sales day guarantees that sub items will be processed prior to sale-day purchases so they don't have that screw up again where the sub-figures were sold on sale day.)

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Have multiple subs. Split the subs up into eras/factions just like they did for the 30th Anniversary. Vintage/NA/Filmation/POP/200X, etc... then we get what we want without all the stuff we don't want. If a certain era doesn't sell, then it gets canceled. That way people aren't stuck with figs they don't want.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Heroic Warrior
    I`m a cherry picker, so the only way, Mattel can motivate me to buy a sub is to:

- Reveal the characters for the year

- Give me SEVERAL exclusive items over the year, like accessories, upgrade kits...

Without that, I won`t ever buy a sub...

I now have 5-6 (!) items, I won`t buy in 2012, which I know now & it can be much more, depends on what they`ll reveal for the second half.
    Last edited by Berserker79; November 23, 2011 at 11:13pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

Mehhh....

to be fair... if they wanted to make the sub more attractive... they should make the website WORSE. Making the website EASY and NICE... only encourages cherry pickers.

If I remember correctly, the lack of WSOD was one of the BIGGEST draws to the Subscription

If the only option was either A) Get a subscription... or B) have to call direct to china and speak with the people in the factory itself... without a translator...

Ohhhh you'd see the BIGGEST subscription year YET!!!!

Bro, I live in the US and my sub has NEVER shipped any sooner that the day AFTER the sale day, and usually it's several days.
    I use to get them the day of or a day early of the 15th, and that changed a year ago, now it is a few days after. not sure what happened with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I`m a cherry picker, so the only way, Mattel can motivate me to buy a sub is to:

- Reveal the characters for the year

- Give me SEVERAL exclusive items over the year, like accessories, upgrade kits...

Without that, I won`t ever buy a sub...

I now have 5-6 (!) items, I won`t buy in 2012, which I know now & it can be much more, depends on what they`ll reveal for the second half.
    revealing the characters would not work, it would not be special since everyone would know about it that same hour.

I would say periodically a discount coupon in our emails to use within that year, help me save some money on my Horde Troopers.

Able to buy before everyone else.

Or special sale days for sub holders only with fan demand reissues like MAA, spirit of grayskull or Convention exclusives like TOD Sorceress.

Special downloadable content like screen savers, pictures concept art etc.

let there be two votes, one for comic con and one for subholders for something else the following year. Like choice of subfigure, from a list of 4, remaining 3 may come out that year or may not.

subholders get vip front of line at conventions and front room seats at panels. or better yet get to buy on preview night.

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Have multiple subs. Split the subs up into eras/factions just like they did for the 30th Anniversary. Vintage/NA/Filmation/POP/200X, etc... then we get what we want without all the stuff we don't want.
    Yep, this is the way to go. Let people know what they buy.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Tiered subscriptions will NEVER happen. It's been asked many times and Toyguru has said they can not do it.
    Right, which is why they couldn't add a second sub for the anniversary figures...

Oh, wait...

The only reason they don't do it is because it boosts overall sales not to. There is no reason they CAN'T do it, as they just did with the 6 30th anniversary figures. THey have no desire to do it as long as they can push everyone into an all in sub (which fans asked for as an option, not as the only way to go). If sub sales slip again next year, I'm betting they may suddenly discover an heretofore unknown way of tier-ing the subs if that looks to be a way to boost sales.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Not.
    Going.
    To.
    Happen.

Hope this helps.
    Big,

Unfortunately I have to agree with you.The line has already 3 years old and we still face the same problems, quality control issues, poor costumer service, lack of options and a terrible site, and unless something big happen ( like a movie ) this is how it gonna be until the end(and I hope we get there).To tell the true, today I'll be happy if we get the vehicles and even happier, the playsets!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!