Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motuc obsessed

Court Magician

Motuc obsessed

There are probably alot of you just like me but how many are there? I remember seeing the figures quite awhile ago & said no I am not collecting these & then a year later I purchased a few & then a few more & so on, it has gotten crazy LOL. This is why I said NO I am not collecting these to begin with, same thing happened when the 200x figures came out, I hunted those things down like no tommorow LOL. I am not sure what it is about MOTU, maybe it brings us back to the days when things were simple & life was easy or maybe it gives us a reason to be a big kid, cause deep down there is a kid in all of us & MOTU brings back so many memories. The good thing is we can say to our loved ones with these figures is, LOOK IT SAYS FOR ADULT COLLECTORS... there not for kids haha. I don't know about you but this line of figures have become very addictive, so to all my fellow ORG members out there, HELLO, MY NAME IS BOB & I AM A MOTUC ADDICT LOL.

Later guys!
    Bob.

I was never into 200x that much, mostly due to never watching the cartoon while it was on and memories of the filmation were vague.

I purchased King Greyskull, not knowing who he was when he was sold on Matty. I thought he was a He-Man variant. I received the bronze one. So I ebayed the regular version.

Like many, my plan was to get He-Man and Skeletor and retire. Maybe Hordak if they ever made him down the road, I remember having him as a kid.

Passed on all the next releases til I saw how cool Merman looked. He was sold out too fast, ebayed him and loved him.

I never liked any version of Man At Arms til I saw the MOTUC one, got him and he pretty much sold me on the line hardcore. After watching the 200x cartoon, I was addicted for life.

Looking back I am so grateful I bought the two King Greyskulls at the time, even though I thought he was He-Man.

Hi, Bob! I think most of us are in the same boat you are. It really is nice to have that Adult Collector line printed on the package! I think it makes most of us feel just a little bit better!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Obsessed?!?! Mwa?!?!

I am soooo NOT obsessed!

Just because I collect MOTU since the beginning, think MOTU, dream of MOTU and always happy around MOTU 24/7! And would probably will die for MOTU. THAT my friend, DOES NOT make me obsessed!

Just because I strongly believe that the MOTU/POP Universe do really exists somewhere and one day, I will join them in thier adventures or join Skeletor's ranks, whichever comes first.

Just because whenever I take a walk, I always imagine a portal will appear out of nowhere and take me to either Eternia or Etheria and live there forever and leave this pathetic humbug of a planet behind, THAT my friend does not make me obsessed!

Crazy? YES! Obsessed? Nooooooo.......! I will deny it till my dying days!
    Last edited by GrtEternal; March 26, 2010 at 05:20am.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Obsessed?!?! Mwa?!?!

I am soooo NOT obsessed!

Just because I collect MOTU since the beginning, think MOTU, dream of MOTU and always happy around MOTU 24/7! And would probably will die for MOTU. THAT my friend, DOES NOT make me obsessed!

Just because I strongly believe that the MOTU/POP Universe do really exists somewhere and one day, I will join them in thier adventures or join Skeletor's ranks, whichever comes first.

Just because whenever I take a walk, I always imagine a portal will appear out of nowhere and take me to either Eternia or Etheria and live there forever and live this pathetic humbug of a planet behind, THAT my friend does not make me obsessed!

Crazy? YES! Obsessed? Nooooooo....... I will deny it till my dying days!
    Wow..... It's like you're me.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

same here. said to myself 'im just going to get he-man and maybe skeletor' fast foward 6 months, im totally addicted. only missing KG, Faker, He-Ro

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Wow..... It's like you're me.
    OMG!

We are not alone!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Yes, we're all addicted. The only way to stop is if you say CUTOM five times in the dark while staring at a mirror. I don't know anyone brave enough to do it though.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

I'm totally screwed obessed!
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
    The good thing is we can say to our loved ones with these figures is, LOOK IT SAYS FOR ADULT COLLECTORS... there not for kids haha.
    I've trying to point that out to my wife as well but it's a challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
    HELLO, MY NAME IS BOB & I AM A MOTUC ADDICT LOL.
    Bob.
    HELLO BOB! My name is Christian and I'm a MOTUC addict as well

Quote Originally Posted by skeletom View Post
    It really is nice to have that Adult Collector line printed on the package! I think it makes most of us feel just a little bit better!
    Couldn't agree more!
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    Yes, we're all addicted. The only way to stop is if you say CUTOM five times in the dark while staring at a mirror. I don't know anyone brave enough to do it though.
    Sorry, bro... doesn't work. You were lied to.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Inhibitor View Post
    I did see Bloody Mary for a second but she fadded away.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I'm in the same boat. When I heard about the Master's line, I was only in it for Hordak and Faker. In about a year's time, I've become so fanatical about the line I've picked up every figure or reissue I missed, and have mapped out space in my collection cases for all the figures I anticipate getting for the line.

Hello my name is Mr. Yuck, and I'm a MOTUholic..........

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm in this line to the end. MOTU had a big piece of my childhood and I actually spent a bit later on buying the old line. I got into the 200x line and I remember hunting every store and stalking walmarts at 2AM.

I feel in love with Classics when the 4H teased us with the He-man prototype at SDCC a few years back. Since then, I haven't missed out in a single figure or item. I've been an addict since the beginning, so I doubt I'll ever let go of this line.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Hello my name is Mr. Yuck, and I'm a MOTUholic..........
    MOTUholic, love that word
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb 11:1 (NIV)

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i'm horribly obsessed w/ motu, i get all the figures in triplicate - i have 3 subs, and sometimes even more (I customize alot!) any spares i do have go in the closet just in case i need fodder or can trade for what i need. i will buy every figure, beast, vehicle, anything mattel makes that motu related. i have all the dvd sets including the recent complete series 200x sets.

i have a room dedicated to my toy collection and looking to expand w/ more cabinets & shelves.

my name is son of keldor and YES i am an addict!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm not addicted. I can quit anytime I want to. I just need one more fix. You know...for the road. Then I'll go cold turkey. I promise. I'll be as right as rain in the morning. You'll see. You don't know me! Mind your own business! GET OFF MY BACK!!! Sorry. Sorry about that. I just been a little edgy since I quit. Can I have a couple bucks? You know...for something to eat. Yeah...it's for food. I'm good for it. Well, I didn't want your stinkin' charity anyways! I don't need you! I DON'T NEED ANYBODY!!! Man, why is my skin so itchy all of sudden?! I can't stop scratching myself...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; March 26, 2010 at 12:26pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    i have a room dedicated to my toy collection and looking to expand w/ more cabinets & shelves.

my name is son of keldor and YES i am an addict!

=)
    Get some pics posted, since that sounds awesome!! I'd love to have a "hobby room" as well where I could build a nice battle ground scenario with my MOTU figs, kinda like those Warhammer players do. I've never done a custom figure but I like watching customs made by artists like yourself!

My name is Joseephus, and I am a MOTU addict. I have been addicted since the vintage line in the 80's. I do not know if there is a cure for my addiction, but if there is a cure I do not want it.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

They had me at King Grayskull. I haven't looked back. I love this line so much!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    My brother and I collected the vintage stuff way back when. It was great. It was the one thing we actually did together. Well, he quickly grew up and let me have his figures. I continued on but quickly went to GI Joe and TF. I think my last vintage figure was Rio Blast or Rokkon. (never did get the Sorceress damn it) I had seen every episode of He-Man and She-Ra! Good times.

When 200x hit at the beginning I picked up a He-Man figure and watched the first episode. It was great but then I moved out of my mom's and cable wasn't an option and money was tight.

I first heard about the Classics line when Hordak came out. I saw him and just looked at him in awe on the site. What an amazing figure! The Horde was my favorite villains. But I saw the $20 price tag. I moved on. It wasn't until I bought the 200x complete series and watched it that I was hooked all over again. WOW! It was everything the vintage cartoon wasn't and better! This is how I wanted it to be! It was more mature and had character development. Wonderful!

So I went back and started nabbing all the 200x figures I could. Pricey on some but well worth it. Then I said "Why not get those freakin' fantastic Classic figures?" They were superior to 200x and held true to the vintage line while looking light years better. The first figure I picked up was He-Ro online.

I have so many fond memories of the show and figures. Long live MOTU!

My name is Nick and I'm a MOTUholic.

Heroic Warrior
    I like to think I have a life, I am in a band, I have a successful career as an artist and I have a hot girlfriend. None of this compares to my overwhelming need for every damn thing that I can find related to bloody MOTUC and MOTU in general. I will sit and stare at ebay auctions trying to decide whether $300 for a MOC figure is fair, knowing full well i don't need it, or obsessively checking post office tracking numbers for my latest MOTUC purchase. I take great relish in adding a figure to my toy cupboard, either on the "house of randor and extended family" shelf, the Masters shelf or the evil warriors shelf. I'll change my mind over whether Battle cat and He man should have a shelf to themselves or whether Grayskull is a more important part of the mythology. I'll stare longingly at my Mint on card vintage figures and wax lyrical about how awesome and useful zoloworld cases are. I'll sit cross legged and look up at those shiny cardboard and plastic bundles of joy with a sense of utter calm and tranquility.

Hi my name is Iorek and I am a MOTUholic.

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I do not know if there is a cure for my addiction, but if there is a cure I do not want it.
    MOTU Hang Over...that was a Diana Ross reference. "If there's a cure for this, I don't want it...."

My name is RockinHard, and I'm a MOTUC addict LOL. I can't eat, sleep, or work without them LOL. I really need a life, but I don't have one ha ha. I think it ties me to my inner child LOL.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    Man, I wanted this exact toyline for years! When they showed that proto type He-Man at SDCC I started freaking out that my life would be incomplete without it.

I was right, but it also isn't complete with it because now I also need so many more characters too!