Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Mattel Talks Battleground Evil-Lyn: The Inspiration Behind The Design

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Wires crossed here, I think.

TASHA'S does (though still not as Gardner-esque as BGEL).

MYP Evil-Lyn's DOESN'T in Price of Deceit, and is more along the lines of the Phyla-Vell pics I posted.
    I was comparing the hairstyle to the figure, not the character. I knew details on a 200X character are bound to get lost.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I think the figure looks really nice but the issue is that she doesn't really serve a purpose in the overall line. There are A LOT of repaints that could be done with many other Classics figures that would really pop visually BUT do we want the line going in this direction? Some seem cool with that, I'm not so much on board. This either needed to be Evil-Lyn in a Classics version of her 2002 outfit (maybe just include some snap on parts to give her some 200x details even) or in a TRU pack or similar (IMO only of course).
    From the bio, it seems like Evil-Lyn was yellow due to her being powered up. While this variant still isn't needed, it is similar to Keldor vs Skeletor. With that being the case, it makes even more sense that her costume is the same. Unless, of course, she got a whole new outfit(or at least a repainted version of Teela's) when she received her power ala Skeletor in the 1987 movie.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I was comparing the hairstyle to the figure, not the character. I knew details on a 200X character are bound to get lost.
    This ain't a case of details though, it's an entirely different haircut when viewed from the side/back - and it isn't even the same haircut as Tasha Yar, but well into Guy Gardner territory. And I've never seen a woman with a GG haircut, although I *have* seen ones with a MYP-Lyn/Phyla-Vell type cut (I actually saw a woman with a PV cut - bleach-blonde to boot - outside a bar on my way home today).

That's exactly what happened. It's like asking for Queen Marlena and she comes with a green Teela body. "Sorry, Toy Fans! We didn't have the budget to make her right, but you can enjoy THIS Marlena! Queen Marlena is a major character, so we should have plenty of chances to revisit her down the line!"
    Queen Marlena never wore something similar to other characters while Evil-Lyn did. It may not be what you want, but it wasn't pulled out of thin air. The very first Evil-Lyn wayyy back in the 80's was a repainted Teela. Also, the #1 request for a possible Evil-Lyn variant was that she wasn't yellow. We got that along with a cape & a new head. She isn't just a simple repaint ala the DCUC VS MOTUC 2-packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    The bottom line is that ALL it would have taken for EVERYONE to be happy was just ONE more tool: the dress. That's it. Sure, you can't make everyone happy all of the time, but this time, that is ALL it would have taken to make EVERYONE happy. I think this has all been said, but I hope everyone complaining about the complainers realizes that there would have been NO complaining about her if they'd just given her the 200X dress. That's it. ONE more thing and ALL problems would have been solved.
    Not really. There are people who like non-yellow skinned Evil-Lyn but dislike the 2002 designs. We would still have unhappy people. What about fans who like the Filmation version?

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    This should have been a true 200X being put through the classicsized machine moment.
    Since we already have a "classic" Evil-Lyn, putting her through the so called classicizer Machine would have given us the same yellow Lyn(or at least a pale Lyn with the "classic" Teela outfit).
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; September 9, 2011 at 02:00pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Queen Marlena never wore something similar to other characters while Evil-Lyn did. It may not be what you want, but it wasn't pulled out of thin air. The very first Evil-Lyn wayyy back in the 80's was a repainted Teela. Also, the #1 request for a possible Evil-Lyn variant was that she wasn't yellow. We got that along with a cape & a new head. She isn't just a simple repaint ala the DCUC VS MOTUC 2-packs.
    The whole point of us asking for 200X Evil-Lyn was because she wasn't a repainted Teela and had her own outfit on. BGEL isn't a Filmation repaint, nor is she 200X. If we get a real 200X Evil-Lyn or a Filmation repaint in the future, then this figure will be rendered useless.

Not really. There are people who like non-yellow skinned Evil-Lyn but dislike the 2002 designs. We would still have unhappy people. What about fans who like the Filmation version?
    BGEL doesn't solve that problem. She is colored like her 200X incarnation, not the Filmation version. They might as well have made her a Filmation repaint.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

The whole point of us asking for 200X Evil-Lyn was because she wasn't a repainted Teela and had her own outfit on. BGEL isn't a Filmation repaint, nor is she 200X. If we get a real 200X Evil-Lyn or a Filmation repaint in the future, then this figure will be rendered useless.

BGEL doesn't solve that problem. She is colored like her 200X incarnation, not the Filmation version. They might as well have made her a Filmation repaint.
    There were also people who wanted a pale skinned Evil-Lyn who weren't 2002 fans. Some of the comments in this thread seem to be speaking for everyone by saying that giving Evil-Lyn her MYP dress would have made everyone happy. That's not true. It would have made the people who wanted that happy, but that isn't the only fan faction asking for an Evil-Lyn variant. There are Filmation fans, vintage fans who wanted Evil-Lyn without yellow skin, and even Meg Foster fans(although they are going to have to wait for Mattel to possibly rectify the rights issue for the 1987 movie).

JOIN THE GROUP...

The whole point of us asking for 200X Evil-Lyn was because she wasn't a repainted Teela and had her own outfit on. BGEL isn't a Filmation repaint, nor is she 200X.
    This a hundred times. As much as I don't like yellow Evil Lyn, and as much as I prefer the 200x colored one, I'd have been happier with the yellow Evil Lyn if she had been in the 200x dress.

It's sad that Evil Lyn is relegated to a repaint. But Vikor get's a newly tooled bicep?

The more I look at pictures of her, the more I'm not liking the color scheme on this one either.

I think I agree with Reboot. Whoever colored this figure, had no idea what they were doing. It doesn't match the toy or the cartoon.

Some of the comments in this thread seem to be speaking for everyone by saying that giving Evil-Lyn her MYP dress would have made everyone happy. That's not true.
    I guarantee you'd have made a lot more people happy by giving them the 200x dress than not.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; September 9, 2011 at 04:53pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's good to avoid absolutes like "Everyone would have been happy". I agree with Shokoti on that. But it's pretty clear that without the 200x dress, it's not really ANY version of Evil Lyn except a new hybrid repaint that the 4 Horsemen came up with. Ergo (in my opinion) they are the ones who screwed some fans here. You guys have every right to be upset.

I plan on getting this figure. It's "good enough" for me. I like the way it looks. But I totally feel for you guys not getting the one you wanted.

I imagine it'd be like a Sorceress figure coming out with the filmation feather dress but colored like the 2oox Sorceress with a egyptian style head. 200x Sorceress? Nope. Just a weird hybrid.

I find it hard to believe there's NO negotiating with the 4 Horsemen and reminding them tooling exists for the dress. Come on. No independent contractor has the right to say:

"I know you budgeted in a swimming pool but I just didn't feel like building it."

Yes really. Sure, obviously there would have been a few unhappy people if BGEL had her 200X outfit, but it would only have been a very few, whereas now most people are disappointed. A large part of that is because we were given EVERY indication that Evil-Lyn in 200X colors would have her 200X outfit. And NO, that is NOT fans jumping to conclusions. ToyGuru said she'd likely be much more than a repaint (this version is only slightly more than a repaint), we got The Faceless One with their matching style outfits, etc. I don't think people who don't like yellow-Lyn and don't like the 200X designs would have been upset because it wouldn't have come as a surprise; this version is very much a surprise. And I think I want Filmation variants more than most people, but since we found out about Filmation rights at the same time this Lyn was revealed, I think we all understand if we got the 200X variant first, not to mention that at and since the announcement at SDCC Mattel has made it clear Filmation variants aren't their first priority.

Since we already have a "classic" Evil-Lyn, putting her through the so called classicizer Machine would have given us the same yellow Lyn(or at least a pale Lyn with the "classic" Teela outfit).
    No, what I meant by that is not that they should have put the Classic Evil-Lyn we already go through the clissicizer machine, but that 200X Lyn should have been treated the same way characters like The Faceless One and Battleground Teela were treated; a reused buck but enough new clothes/armor and accessories to make her unique.

Quote Originally Posted by hopewell View Post
    I imagine it'd be like a Sorceress figure coming out with the filmation feather dress but colored like the 2oox Sorceress with a egyptian style head. 200x Sorceress? Nope. Just a weird hybrid.
    PERFECT analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by hopewell View Post
    I find it hard to believe there's NO negotiating with the 4 Horsemen and reminding them tooling exists for the dress. Come on. No independent contractor has the right to say:

"I know you budgeted in a swimming pool but I just didn't feel like building it."
    You are correct, which is why a lot of us suspect that's not what happened. A lot of us feel like it's WAY more likely that we got this dress due to a budget issue than because The Four Horsemen decided that this was the better design choice. ESPECIALLY considering how many stories we've been told about them sculpting EXTRA pieces that weren't even asked for; it just doesn't make ANY SENSE AT ALL that when the budget was available they didn't take advantage of the opportunity.
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; September 9, 2011 at 05:30pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

If this pale version of EL is "de-powered" then why does she need a wand or spellcasting hand, seeing as she can use neither?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I thought she was de-powered at this time.... not that she was pale BECAUSE she was de-powered. So it's conceivable she still had her powers for a bit in this form.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    If this pale version of EL is "de-powered" then why does she need a wand or spellcasting hand, seeing as she can use neither?
    It's actually not a spell casting hand, it's a scratching hand/claw. She has to resort to the time honored fighting style of girl fights everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    It's actually not a spell casting hand, it's a scratching hand/claw. She has to resort to the time honored fighting style of girl fights everywhere
    Haha, I thought it was for changing diapers.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Haha, I thought it was for changing diapers.
    Yes, because apparently that's all she's good for now

Evil-Lyn prior to Toyguru's new canon: The Wolverine of MOTU

Evil-Lyn after Toyguru's canon: a mom... with no power

Not that mom's aren't amazing... but come on...
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yes, because apparently that's all she's good for now

Evil-Lyn prior to Toyguru's new canon: The Wolverine of MOTU

Evil-Lyn after Toyguru's canon: a mom... with no power

Not that mom's aren't amazing... but come on...
    At the Wolverine comment: LMAO!!!

And YES! Moms are amazing. Queen Marlena and The Sorceress are some of the fiercest, most loving women the mythos has. Excellent examples of what a mom should be.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

I'll take Evil-Lyn's status quo over the Sorceress'. Her death in the bios freed me from ever caring about what happens in them in the future.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    At the Wolverine comment: LMAO!!!

And YES! Moms are amazing. Queen Marlena and The Sorceress are some of the fiercest, most loving women the mythos has. Excellent examples of what a mom should be.
    However, I find it interesting that TG has been killing off/banishing all of the mothers in this storyline.

Evil-Lyn: Stripped of power and banishes herself to the future.

Sorceress: Killed from slowly dying by poison.

Queen Marlena: Banished back to earth.

I don't like the trend I'm seeing here.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I call bull on this article. They had so much backlash they are just trying to make it sound as if the 2.0 female buck wasn't available. BG Teela came out before BG Evil Lyn. I highly doubt BG Evil Lyn was designed before BG Teela. We saw BG Teela before BG Evil Lyn (which would mean I don't think BG Evil Lyn was sent to production yet). ToyGuru stated that the 4HM had the choice for a new tunic/outfit in the budget. If BG Teela's body was available for BG Evil Lyn, then the tunic could have been changed to be used with BG Teela's body. Also like most people on here stated, She Ra 2.0 could have been in the place of BG Evil Lyn (since she wasn't in production). That way Mattel could have changed BG Evil Lyn's outfit to be used on the 2.0 body or at least BG Teela's body (which was basically the 2.0 female buck almost complete).

Instead Mattel chose to send BG Evil Lyn to production, thinking fans wouldn't get irritated at her design flaws. I like how she looks and even if the tunic was passed on (although it was budgeted for this figure), it still would have gave the 4HM the chance to make the Teela tunic for the BG Teela's body. Making the Teela tunic allow waist movement.

Also where are these tooling dollars that were skipped on BG Evil Lyn, since her tunic/outfit was in the budget and wasn't used....where did this money go?

This IMO is just another way for Mattel to mess up a figure and basically give us a repaint with a new head. So those of us with a subscription are stuck buying a figure that could have been so amazing. Yes, she is awesome, but the thought and the fact of knowing her new tunic/outfit was available to be done and the budget included it....makes me irritated. I think she was a quick way to profit off a figure who didn't use all the tooling dollars allowed and to make a new head and just repaint a figure for those of us who have no choice but to buy her.

BG Teela was shown and released long before we ever saw BG Evil Lyn. So to say they didn't have access to the new female buck is bull. Just using BG Teela's buck would have allowed for a newly designed Teela tunic for use on the new 2.0 buck. It would have allowed waist articulation and then Teela could be released with this new articulation when she is re-released.

I don't think the 4HM passed on the tunic, I think Mattel made a basic repaint with limited new tooling and saved money on the allowed budget for BG Evil Lyn. However because of the backlash they tried to use excuses to cover it up.

If BG Evil Lyn was unable to use BG Teela's new body...why wasn't she shown and produced before BG Teela.

I think they had the buck of BG Teela before they started production or even before they finalized BG Evil Lyn for approval. It was a simple solution, change the buck, use the new head and cape, and make a tunic for use on the BG Teela body. If you look at she-ra 2.0 there isn't much of a change from BG Teela, except that her stomach isn't carved into the She-ra 2.0 body.

I enjoy BG Evil Lyn, but I think Mattel let the ball drop and thought we wouldn't mind the use of a repaint because of the new head mold. They thought wrong and if they had listened to us fans for the past 2 years, they would have made sure NOT to use the Teela tunic again on a figure.

BG Teela was amazing because she had a new body type and a complete new appearance. BG Evil Lyn should have had this same situation, her body should have been the BG Teela body and the tooling budget for the NEW tunic/outfit should have been used, so even though this figure is beautiful and the color scheme is nice, it boils down to a simple repaint with a new head. The quarterly variants were supposed to be much more than a repainted figure since the subs started.

Looking at BG Evil Lyn and then in 2012 the sad and basic repainted SMAA,makes me worry that being a sub holder that Mattel may think they can get away with giving me less and less on the quarterly figures.

BG Evil Lyn was close to being a simple repaint and didn't use all of her budget, but SMAA is really a BASIC repaint of the figure.

If Mattel wants sub holders to continue to buy subs...they need to STOP with the mistakes currently happening with this line. I think the subs have dropped because of shortcuts (ie alternate heads not included with Grizzlor, Buzz Off, Clawful and the horrible snake body of King Hsss, then on top of that BG Evil Lyn and SMAA).

The inconsistencies are what are making me question my sub status. If it wasn't for SW, I would have decreased to one sub for 2012. 2013 will probably be one sub or perhaps based on the quality and professionalism Mattel shows with the figures in 2012.....I might drop my subs all together for 2013.

Here's hoping Mattel stops making the mistakes of no alternate heads on characters who need one from their ridiculous vintage head (Clawful being the worst, muppet face). They provide figures who sometimes don't even need the alternate heads, such as the third head on Demo-Man and skip figures who needed the Whiplash treatment. I love the alternate heads but if the head is just out of place with the quality of the rest of the line, give a more detailed vicious head for those evil characters that needed them.

Sales are decreasing for subscriptions, I think due to a lot of mistakes Mattel made in 2011, especially with the characters who needed the alternate head and for the mistakes on BG Evil Lyn. Vendors lost money on product they couldn't sale very well and have sitting on their shelves. I don't blame those who dropped their subs and I don't blame the vendors for playing it safe with the 2012 subs. I am sure the vendors are limiting their sub puchases and will cause the WSOD and quick sell outs for 2012 figures who are detailed and the quality we expect in MOTUC. Sorceress will prove this in January, people will miss out on here because she will sell out so quickly due to vendors knowing she will be in demand and the production is limited and also that she will not be re-released according to Mattel.

I see problems with quick sell outs and irritated collectors who skipped the subs to purchase the figure on the sale date. I am almost certain vendors will cause quick sell outs of the figures they know people/collectors will want and that will make a profit for them.

It is easier as a vendor to limit the subs (due to lack of quick sells on the 2011 collection and the demand not being there). So as a vendor, IMO I would assume they purchased about half of what they did in 2011, perhaps less. Then they will cause the new figures in 2012 that at this time will never be re-released, to be quick sell outs (like in 2009) so that fans/collectors will be forced to try to obtain their figure on the secondary market, thus creating more profit and less loss for the vendors in 2012.

Perhaps I might be wrong, but let's just wait to see how quick Sorceress sells out. My prediction (2009 all over again). I give Sorceress less than 10 minutes if that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    However, I find it interesting that TG has been killing off/banishing all of the mothers in this storyline.

Evil-Lyn: Stripped of power and banishes herself to the future.

Sorceress: Killed from slowly dying by poison.

Queen Marlena: Banished back to earth.

I don't like the trend I'm seeing here.
    I didn't know Marlena was sent back to Earth!

Yeah, we've got some Gaia murder going on here... Some one has a mommy-complex!

So according to this video:

http://popculturenetwork.com/article...01102141045435

Toyguru discussed She-ra 2.0 and how she would be using the BG Teela buck and some other females in 2011 to create the completed 2.0 female buck.

Basically BG Teela was the female 2.0 buck.

BG Teela was shown in the early part of February, yet somehow BG Evil Lyn was unable to use BG Teela's body?

BG Evil Lyn wasn't even shown til SDCC. She was not in production by the time they finished BG Teela. Therefore NO EXCUSE to NOT use her buck for BG Evil Lyn.

Mattel dropped the ball, it rolled down the hill, hit the fans in the head and then rolled in into the repaint river. I guess since the ball hit us in the head, they (mattel) were hoping we wouldn't notice they used an old buck on Evil Lyn and passed on a new tunic.

Like i said BG Evil Lyn wasn't approved for production before BG Teela. That is why BG Teela was released and shown so early. There was no reason to make BG Evil Lyn first and hold her back and not show her til SDCC. Even if BG Evil Lyn was designed before BG Teela. BG Teela went to production before BG Evil Lyn, so adjustments could easily have been remade. Take the BG Teela buck, everything else is already made....now just use the budgeted money that is already in place for BG Evil Lyn and create a tunic that can be used with the BG Teela (or should I say basically the female 2.0 buck) and have an amazing figure worthy of the money the collectors pay.

No excuse that the BG Teela body couldn't have been used on BG Evil Lyn. Also taking parts from other female bodies in 2011 to make the 2.0 female buck. To my knowledge BG Teela was the only female with new tooling. Queen Marlena used some inner parts (probably the same as on BG Teela) but Queen Marlena used the old 1.0 female buck.

Now yes we didn't see Marlena til SDCC, but because she was the SDCC figure, she was already produced and ready to sell by SDCC which was just a month after BG Teela came out. That is why we didn't see BG Teela's body being used for Marlena.

Marlena was made and produced before BG Teela, but BG Evil Lyn was not fully approved and in production before BG Teela was produced and approved. BG Evil Lyn could have been changed before showing her at SDCC or releasing her to production.

The thought just irritates me!!!

well after getting jumped by some at the matty site for calling her ugly hair a bowl cut i did this pic to show i'm rite

and if that is not proof i went to someone who would know...a stylist! i asked him what her hair was and he told me *he's words* "Honey thats a bole cut i can do that for about $275 but you don't have that face for it" so after being insulted by man in hot pink i think i made my point

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    well after getting jumped by some at the matty site for calling her ugly hair a bowl cut i did this pic to show i'm rite

and if that is not proof i went to someone who would know...a stylist! i asked him what her hair was and he told me *he's words* "Honey thats a bole cut i can do that for about $275 but you don't have that face for it" so after being insulted by man in hot pink i think i made my point
    Well, the 4H screwed up her color scheme since it matches neither the 200x toy, the MYP cartoon, or the MOTUC Faceless One.

They also took the lazy way out and gave us a repainted Teela dress for the fourth time.

Are you really surprised they made a questionable choice with the hair too?

The bowl cut doesn't bother me that much, mostly because I already have nothing but hate for this lazy cheap figure, but the fact that it doesn't match the cartoon is mildly bothersome.

Heroic Warrior
    I think BGEL looks fantastic! To me she looks better than the original yellow version and better than the MYP version. I like her even more than Filmation. I'm so pleased with her and cannot wait to buy her. She's subtle and well executed. Just show's to go you how there's no accounting for taste. But I think she is a real success of a figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    I think BGEL looks fantastic! To me she looks better than the original yellow version and better than the MYP version. I like her even more than Filmation. I'm so pleased with her and cannot wait to buy her. She's subtle and well executed. Just show's to go you how there's no accounting for taste. But I think she is a real success of a figure.
    Skeeter I think she is a great figure as well, but they had the budget and the body to use a female 2.0 buck (well at least BG Teela's buck).

So since the articulation is limited with the 1.0 buck and the fact they could have made the tunic she is wearing on the 2.0 or BG Teela buck is why I am probably the majority of people are irritated.

Even if the 2.0 buck was used and the Teela tunic was changed to use the articulation with BG Teela...there would still be people upset, but not as upset as getting a poorly articulated figure due to her tunic. They had the opportunity to use BG teela and change the tunic she is wearing to be used on that female 2.0 buck, providing more articulation and the opportunity to update Teela and others who have her 1.0 tunic. Knowing the change in the dress was in the budget and was bypassed is what most people are mad about. I like this figure but if they had used the BG Teela body and changed the tunic to utilize the waist articulation, I would LOVE this figure (even with the Teela tunic). At least the teela tunic would be on the BG Teela 2.0 body and would be a change from the limited tunic she is currently using. Mattel had a great opportunity to change the Teela tunic to utilize the waist articulation that is underneath that tunic, making the figure that much more.

Also using BG Teela's 2.0 body, perhaps a change in clothing that is shows Evil Lyn's belly could even have happened.

Yes I have a problem with the tunic, but if it had been updated with the 2.0 body, the appearance and articulation would have made a much better figure. This is a repaint with a new head, not what subscribers or collectors should be receiving in 2011. The body was available and the budget included a new outfit. Do you see where the problem is?

A lot of fans wanted a more 200x style outfit, but like I said if the current tunic had been put on a BG Teela body and modified to use the new female 2.0 buck (which BG Teela basically was the completed 2.0 body), it would have provided what the female figures should have had since 2009.

There in lies the problem and the complaints, good figure but could have been great even with the outfit she has (it just should have been tooled to fit the BG Teela body, which was in the budget...Mattel just made her a repaint for extra profit on the overly used Teela 1.0 tunic). Mattel will release a better version later, but could have released it with this figure.

Teela could have been reissued with the 2.0 tunic from BG Evil Lyn, had Mattel used the 2.0 body that BG Teela had, with slight modification to the tunic. For instance She-ra 2.0 slight modification to how the dress is sculpted allowing waist articulation.

We were promised the quarterly variants would not be mere repaints once they were added to the subscription. You can say how much you love this figure, but it is a mere repaint with a new head (the cape is probably from an upcoming figure). $20 for a new head and paint job (which most collectors could have repainted with that color scheme anyways) is not what the quarterly variants are supposed to be and this with other issues in 2011 and partially in 2010, is why the 2012 subs were low.

Instead of moving forward from the mistakes made in the past by Mattel, it seems Mattel is cutting corners and leaving figures without essential items for a future release, so you are then forced to buy additional figures of the character. This figure could have been outstanding and was just used for profit, like SMAA in 2012.

I hope Mattel gets back on their game, including additional heads for figures who need them (Clawful, Grizzlor, Buzz Off, King Hsss body in snake form, etc.) Because if these errors continue to happen with the monthly figures and the quarterly repaints (i.e. BG Evil Lyn and SMAA)....they will just continue to loss subscribers and these items will stay on their site for probably a month.

I hope all of you who love this figure understand that Mattel had the opportunity to use the better female buck from BG Teela and make a Teela tunic for a 2.0 body type, so yes she is great, but is she made the best way she could have been made?

You must all agree NO she wasn't. Because you would much have preferred this figure with the BG Teela body with the same outfit BG Evil Lyn has but with the articulation the females were always intended on using.

Like I said I like this figure, but had they used the tooling that was budgeted and made a tunic for BG Teela's body (even it being the overly used Teela tunic) at least we would have a Teela 2.0 tunic, which could be used for a new reissued 2.0 Teela.

Anyone who thinks that BG Evil Lyn wouldn't be better with the BG Teela body and a modified Teela tunic to allow waist articulation. I would love to hear why you think she wouldn't have been a better release?

I doubt any of you will argue how the BG Teela body on this figure with a new Teela tunic for the 2.0 body would not improve this figure. Keep everything the way it is, but just the change of the 2.0 body from BG Teela with the same tunic currently on the figure but made for the 2.0 body.

I would love to hear your arguments on how this would not have improved the figure drastically?

Also those of you wanting a 200X style Evil Lyn. Knowing this was not the 200X lyn being released, would you have not been as irritated if she used BG Teela's body with the same exact tunic but it changed to fit the 2.0 BG Teela body so that her waist moved like She-ra 2.0 and BG Teela's does? I know you still would be irritated that since making a new outfit would have been better to make the 200X style, but knowing that this wasn't meant to be the 200X Evil Lyn, would these changes have affected how you feel about this figure and if not, why?

Quote Originally Posted by CicconeSC View Post
    Also those of you wanting a 200X style Evil Lyn. Knowing this was not the 200X lyn being released, would you have not been as irritated if she used BG Teela's body with the same exact tunic but it changed to fit the 2.0 BG Teela body so that her waist moved like She-ra 2.0 and BG Teela's does? I know you still would be irritated that since making a new outfit would have been better to make the 200X style, but knowing that this wasn't meant to be the 200X Evil Lyn, would these changes have affected how you feel about this figure and if not, why?[/B][/COLOR]
    Any version of Evil Lyn that's wearing Teela's dress is automatically a piece of crap regardless of paint apps, bucks, accessories, or alternate heads.

The 4H failed pathetically with this figure. It's a cheap repaint which is exactly what the sub holders were promised quarterly variants were not going to be.