Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel Talks Battleground Evil-Lyn: The Inspiration Behind The Design

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I agree. A sick part of me hopes Granamyr is a 24 inch solid red Teela from the neck down, with a new Granamyr head, Whiplash tail and new fire accessory...and see how the people happy with all the Teela repaints react.
    LOL omg i would so love that!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I like the looks of this figure and I am very excited about the glowing wand. I use my 200x Evil Lyn in my dispaly so I will be using the helmetless head and callin her Mama Powers, who has added her own Dark Sorcery with her daughters to further the chaos.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    no the gauntlets and arm are 1 part it would be new tooling IF they did it but i don't know if they did or not
    So if the gauntlets are part of the arm, which female arm didn't have the molded on gauntlets? Wouldn't this need to be a newly tooled arm or the 2.0 body female arm?

Looking at my figures all females have the gauntlets up to Catra. That is why I thought they were glued on.

If they are in fact not glued on and her arms weren't newly tooled then wouldn't this mean the 2.0 body was partially done?

Even Marlena has the gauntlets....something seems fishy if the gauntlets were part of the arm and they didn't have the 2.0 body for BG Evil Lyn
    Last edited by CicconeSC; August 24, 2011 at 04:51am.

Quote Originally Posted by CicconeSC View Post
    So if the gauntlets are part of the arm, which female arm didn't have the molded on gauntlets? Wouldn't this need to be a newly tooled arm or the 2.0 body female arm?

Looking at my figures all females have the gauntlets up to Catra. That is why I thought they were glued on.

If they are in fact not glued on and her arms weren't newly tooled then wouldn't this mean the 2.0 body was partially done?
    there are no girls with bare arms they all have gauntlets. no She-Ra 2.0 had new arms but they look to be a soled part just like the rest of the girl's. BG Teela's gauntlets are 1 part to

if anything i bet mattel meant that the arms will be swapped the rite arm on the left and the left on the rite so they point out and not in *trying and failing to give her a more 2000x look*

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    I don't think any figure has ever gotten so much heat that Mattel went to the Horsemen to have them explain why it was done so poorly and that fact alone speaks leaps and bounds as to 2--X Purple Evil Lyn's popularity and how much Mattel/Horsemen messed it up.
    BGEL is this year's King Hssss. Remember the firestorm over how those snakes looked?

Oh well, the real Purple Lyn will just be another "possible foreseeable future" figure we can all look forward to I guess (like everything else we want) =/
    I know...make a figure wrong, so you can make them all over again. That's the biggest waste of tooling ever. They might as well have bust Clamp Champ out as a replacement since he's the easiest character to make. Have two vintage characters coming out in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I have no trouble at all with BG Lyn. I actually consider the vintage Teela/Lyn outfit to be the female equivalent of the men's loincloth, so it doesn't bother me in the least if they reuse it a few more times.
    Should Queen Marlena or the Sorceress wear Teela leotards too?

I can only imagine the outrage by some if we end up with an Illumina that uses that outfit for a 5th time.
    Illumina is wearing the Teela leotard, so it's expected that she would have it. 200X Evil-Lyn was wanted because she wasn't wearing the same outfit.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; August 24, 2011 at 05:28am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Nice bit of insight into the design choices. I like the BG Evil-Lyn figure, but would dearly love to see a full MYP style costume. Hopefully we'll get one as a varianta year or two down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._3390357_n.jpg

I don't like this explanation for this character. Especially if we specifically wanted 200X Lyn because she WASN'T wearing the Teela leotard. This is like giving Catra or Adora the Teela leotard.

At least we know that they can try again on Evil-Lyn.
    I agree this sounds like damage control and 'after the fact' excuses but regardless, it is one of the better official explanations we ever had. They weren't insulting, coercing or talking down to customers like Toyguru normally does.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    This just gives customizers a challenge.

Oh look...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212943
    I hope this means the beginning of MOTUC 3rd party items! With all the vintage heads crap and lazy repaints the line sure needs some 3rd party goodness.

Why let Transformers have all the fun?
    Last edited by kup; August 24, 2011 at 06:58am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    How's that humble pie taste Thrawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    As expected, as pathetic answer.

Four Horsemen wrote:

You knew what we wanted with this variant for almost two years now. You gave us a repaint over those requests. You failed. Miserably, I might add.

Why was She-Ra 2.0 not put into the quarterly variant slot? She has more new tooling than this repaint that we are getting.

Terry wrote:

Not new parts. NEW DRESS THAT ISN'T THE BLASTED TEELA DRESS. Unless it's on a Teela variant, I never want to have to re-buy that damn Teela dress again.

And what in the name of heaven is a "Grey skinned Evil Lyn"? I can only hope he is referring to the Caucasian/white non-Simpson Evil Lyn. Grey skinned? What?

What, the last year and half of requests wasn't enough for you to already take it into account?

Fail. Utter failure. You screwed up and this should be fixed ASAP. Not two or three years from now. She should be put out as soon as possible.

In the mean time enjoy the repaint we screwed you chumps into buying!! Suckers!!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    TERRY: Part of the feel and look of the vintage MOTU line has always been the strategic use of shared parts (Stinkor and Mer-Man anyone?). To help capture that feel in MOTUC, we very deliberately use shared parts in MOTUC even when sometimes a new part could be called for. Bow and Optikk are both great example of this. It is part of the look and feel of the brand.

FOUR HORSEMEN: When designing Battleground Evil Lyn, we used a combination of new parts (new head, cape) along with thought-out reuse parts (tunic, Catra hand) to capture the charm and nostalgia that reuse parts evoke uniquely with MOTU.
    Doesn't that contradict ToyGuru's post about the tooling dollars being set aside for a new tunic?
    Those who were clamoring for a new tunic on an Evil-Lyn variant are still left wondering where the answer is to TG's statement about the money being set aside for a new tunic.

Based on their answers & TG previous statements, they set aside tooling dollars for a new tunic, even though they never had any intentions on designing one?

Even with the reused tunic, BG Evil-Lyn does look awesome & WSOD willing, I'll buy one.

Heroic Warrior
    Although I like the figure, I also think, the explanation is lame, because most fans wanted to see her in her 200x dress and colors.

That was not a secret!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    I've come to the realization that TG is making a toylike more for himself than for his customer base. TG needs to understand that without keeping the core fanbase happy the line and maybe other things are in jeopardy.
    What gave you that idea?

- The bad personal fanfic bios?
    - The persistent recreation of outdated vintage toy sculpts?
    - The 'recreation' of irrelevant vintage toy accurate 'dials' wrecking the character sculpts? (What is this Toys Story??)
    - The "NO 200x!" policy?
    - The way TG takes criticism of the line more questionable elements so personally and lashes out?

Remember to buy the sub! That way you can fund my own personal toy line!

..hahaha..suckers..
    Last edited by kup; August 24, 2011 at 07:44am.

The tooling dollars for Evil-Lyn's new outfit probably went into another figure, because each year has its own budget, and I would imagine they wouldn't have saved those dollars for the following year since the 2013 line-up wouldn't be approved until after seeing the sales on the subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    The tooling dollars for Evil-Lyn's new outfit probably went into another figure, because each year has its own budget, and I would imagine they wouldn't have saved those dollars for the following year since the 2013 line-up wouldn't be approved until after seeing the sales on the subscription.
    The tooling Budget probably went to Hurricane Hordak's dial.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Oh for god's sake, man these boards are getting so old, its making me regret spending all the money on the trip to power-con.

Nothing against you personally buddy, but the negative comments over and over and over just get old.

I look at my MOTUC collection every single day and I can not remember getting angry or upset about 1 thing, sure they things I want and maybe things I would have liked a little different.

But nothing that deserves all the hate that a lot of fans here are spitting out.

People need to look out of their windows and see the world is in a pretty crappy spot right now and these toys are nothing compared to the real issues most of us deal with in real life.

Just enjoy them for what they are.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Master of my own Domain
    Mattel need to slow down and focus on quality over quantity.
    Don't compromise on these figures - they could be the last we see in a long while!

It says she uses catra's hand - please tell me it ain't the gummy hand.

Heroic Warrior
    She is the spitting image of the filmation Evil Lyn. And I love it! This is the figure I wanted all along!

Quote Originally Posted by rewkee View Post
    She is the spitting image of the filmation Evil Lyn. And I love it! This is the figure I wanted all along!
    This is mainly the motivator for me to buy this figure. It's total fail as a '200x' Evil-Lyn but it does work at a filmation level.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Illumina is wearing the Teela leotard, so it's expected that she would have it. 200X Evil-Lyn was wanted because she wasn't wearing the same outfit.
    The details on Illumina's clothing are not the same as Teela's. There were just as many changes made to her outfit as there were to Evil-Lyn's.

I wasn't surprised at all to see them to use the same mold for the yellow & purple Evil-Lyn figures, since they did the same thing when they made her stactions. Same sculpt, just different colours.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    the negative comments over and over and over just get old.
    Welcome!

Please use your "ignore" function or simply skim the complaints.

Complaining about complainers never stops the complaining - it just makes you a complainer too!

Often, complaints are constructive, but people also like to vent.

Again, welcome to the Internet.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

this one will sure take the current evil lyn spot in my display

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Welcome!

Complaining about complainers never stops the complaining - it just makes you a complainer too!

You make good points friend. there are way to be constructive, but we do not see much of that around here.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Enjoy them while you can!!!!!

I think she looks good and I am looking forward to picking her up. Why do we spend so much time being picky over these figures? I mean I just enjoy getting them, as a kid were we all this crucial about our toys or have we grown up to be even more demanding on what we spend our money. When we are kids we want, want, want just to get a figure, but as adults we aren't happy when we are getting them?

I am in now way saying they are all perfect, but on my shelf they all look just fantastic. I recently picked up BA Faker and yeah his colored armor was not great, so I repainted it to look like what I wanted it to. I'd rather do that then buy 4 variants while Mattel wastes there time trying to please everyone. The more variants we ask for the lest figures that will be bought and the less that will be produced for lack of sales. I think we just need to stop being so DEMANDING!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Welcome!

ok, Agreed! Does this make us both complainers?
    Last edited by emboyd; August 24, 2011 at 11:29am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What gave you that idea?

- The bad personal fanfic bios?
    - The persistent recreation of outdated vintage toy sculpts?
    - The 'recreation' of irrelevant vintage toy accurate 'dials' wrecking the character sculpts? (What is this Toys Story??)
    - The "NO 200x!" policy?
    - The way TG takes criticism of the line more questionable elements so personally and lashes out?

Remember to buy the sub! That way you can fund my own personal toy line!

..hahaha..suckers..
    Exactly. Why else would we have gotten a figure of himself as a palace guard.

My favorite was the "We just threw Shadow Weaver together at the last minute." The fans will never suspect a thing... "They hang on your every word, TG, you can tell them anything and they will believe it!"
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    You make good points friend. there are way to be constructive, but we do not see much of that around here.
    It's a matter of perspective. As the likes of MGM often point out, loud complaints have brought real changes - so there can be constructive outcomes.

Plus, it's useful to complain to a group - you get feedback, support, sympathy, a laugh (hopefully ).

And yes, sometimes there's just frustrated venting. It's all because people here enjoy "teh lien" & have their own ideas about things.

But no-one's rioting, likes sports fans do, & no-one is screaming until they faint, like music fans do. We're pretty well behaved in comparison
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rewkee View Post
    She is the spitting image of the filmation Evil Lyn.
    Uh, no, no she isn't. Wrong skintone, wrong dress colours (black with purple/pink/silver highlights instead of purple with blue highlights), wrong cape in both colour (lilac vs black) & design (Filmation-Lyn's attached to the dress, BG-Lyn's clasps in front like the Enchantress), wrong helmet and wrong dress:

Hell, in his Fwoosh SDCC interview, Treadaway even held out the prospect of doing a real Filmation-Lyn in the future...
    Last edited by Reboot; August 24, 2011 at 12:10pm.