Thread: Do Eternians have space travel?

Do Eternians have space travel?

I am just curious if the people of Eternia build space ships. Has this ever been discussed in any of the media? I am thinking they should have something that can travel the cosmos since so many other races have came to Eternia and the Horde exists as a space traveling empire. But I can't seem to remember any direct reference to them having such technology in the Classics canon.

Any thoughts?

I think the Gar had a space port didn't they? On one of the maps?

I always presumed that Eternia used to have better and greater technology and it kinda faded and was forgotten in time and only recently has it begun to be used as much again.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

An space suit and view screen machine watching the heavens exists in Castle Grayskull, so it stands to reason space travel was once prevalent, either in use or knowledge.
    On a second note, it appears in modern everyone is and was trying to get to Eternia, so why would they need to leave?
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    It depends on the canon.

In Filmation, the Eternians used space travel to get to Phantos, one of Eternia's moons. I don't think they were full-on New Adventures level, though and traveled to other planets, solar systems and such.

I think in every other canon, the Eternians generally stayed on Eternia and had no means of space travel through spacecraft.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Thank you for the clarification! I haven't seen the Filmation episodes showing the space travel. I used to think the Pre-Filmation stuff was really cool, with the world being kind of Mad Max like. But I prefer the MYP idea more where the world just is what it is and everything coexists, magic and tech. I will assume they travel space off camera in the Classics canon.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Thank you for the clarification! I haven't seen the Filmation episodes showing the space travel. I used to think the Pre-Filmation stuff was really cool, with the world being kind of Mad Max like. But I prefer the MYP idea more where the world just is what it is and everything coexists, magic and tech. I will assume they travel space off camera in the Classics canon.
    MYP didn't go out into space, since they saw it as NA territory.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Why they need the space ships, when they have the dimensional gates. The faster and safer way to travel between worlds!

Heroic Warrior
    I think the closest we got in the vintage era was Battle Ram's description about transporting warriors through space and time.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    yeah, MYP distanced themselves from what was thought of as previous failings.
    No space travel = NA
    No Earth connection = Movie
    No Talking Animals = Filmation (they said it skews too young)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That makes sense. Man I wish that show would've gotten at least one more season. Every time I watch it I get a little sad for what could've been.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    yeah, MYP distanced themselves from what was thought of as previous failings.
    No space travel = NA
    No Earth connection = Movie
    No Talking Animals = Filmation (they said it skews too young)
    It's funny... because those are the things that I thought were the failings of MYP. Opinions are such a colorful bouquet.

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    There's also the Filmation He-Man & She-Ra: A Christmas Special where MAA builds the Sky Spy, a rocket ship that is intended to spy on Skeletor. Alas, his design was not Orko-proof and Orko gets inside the ship, fiddles with the controls, and the rocket ship blasts off. Later on Orko tries to make the rocket ship land and uses a magic spell which results in the ship crash-landing somewhere on Earth. Filmation Eternia has the technological expertise to build space ships capable of intergalactic space travel.

Nevertheless, the desire and will to travel into space and to other worlds in all canons appears low suggesting a happy contented populace (despite having Skeletor, Hsss and other troublemakers as residents and the occasional Horde invasion to contend with) that is living in a sustainable manner with little need to explore the universe for more resources. Perhaps, Eternia is some sort of planetary utopia? I'll have to check it out on my next vacation!
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    There's also the Filmation He-Man & She-Ra: A Christmas Special where MAA builds the Sky Spy, a rocket ship that is intended to spy on Skeletor. Alas, his design was not Orko-proof and Orko gets inside the ship, fiddles with the controls, and the rocket ship blasts off. Later on Orko tries to make the rocket ship land and uses a magic spell which results in the ship crash-landing somewhere on Earth. Filmation Eternia has the technological expertise to build space ships capable of intergalactic space travel.

Nevertheless, the desire and will to travel into space and to other worlds in all canons appears low suggesting a happy contented populace (despite having Skeletor, Hsss and other troublemakers as residents and the occasional Horde invasion to contend with) that is living in a sustainable manner with little need to explore the universe for more resources. Perhaps, Eternia is some sort of planetary utopia? I'll have to check it out on my next vacation!
    Eternia is far away from planetary utopia. First Eternia doesn't have a homogeneous populace. There are many races and most of them not in good terms between them (see Avionians vs Adreenids, Speleans vs Calligars, humans vs Gar etc). They have been a lot of wars and battles between them (the Great Unrest is a good example), and the result is that they are organized in warrior societies (for example you see Adam and Teela continuously training to combat, and in Filmation Eternos we even see child soldiers like Philip). Also because of Eternia's particular importance (see Star Seed) the planet is often target for any kind of intergalactic tyrant that wants to be Master of the Universe.
    So Eternians have a little time to care about space travel when they have to deal with a lot of other matters.
    As for vacation idea, Eternia is not a good one. Apart from the problems with the indigenous warrior or barbaric populations, you will have to deal also with the local fauna and flora (dinosaurs, dragons, mythological or alien creatures, carnivorous plants or Evilseed).

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Eternia is far away from planetary utopia. First Eternia doesn't have a homogeneous populace.
    Cool, Eternia will have several cultures which will make it fun to see and explore.

There are many races and most of them not in good terms between them (see Avionians vs Adreenids, Speleans vs Calligars, humans vs Gar etc). They have been a lot of wars and battles between them (the Great Unrest is a good example), and the result is that they are organized in warrior societies (for example you see Adam and Teela continuously training to combat, and in Filmation Eternos we even see child soldiers like Philip). Also because of Eternia's particular importance (see Star Seed) the planet is often target for any kind of intergalactic tyrant that wants to be Master of the Universe. So Eternians have a little time to care about space travel when they have to deal with a lot of other matters.
    Sounds no different to Earth, other than we don't have the occasional intergalactic tyrant invasion (unless you count Roswell and several other reported alien close encounters).

As for vacation idea, Eternia is not a good one. Apart from the problems with the indigenous warrior or barbaric populations, you will have to deal also with the local fauna and flora (dinosaurs, dragons, mythological or alien creatures, carnivorous plants or Evilseed).
    Wow this sounds great! An epic adventure surely awaits. It could be a safari, jungle trek or other extreme holiday. You could be a big game hunter, an heroic warrior of legend that rescues damsels in distress or saves villages from fire-breathing dragons, a treasure hunter who defeats mythological beasts and claims their hidden treasures, a world renown engineer/technologist that 'discovers' alien technology and retro-engineering it back-on Earth or a world renown scientist who discovers a cure for modern diseases such as cancer, amongst the varied flora or by 'borrowing' medical know-how from the Eternians. And there's such a varied range of large beasts, creatures and races roaming the land and sea it must be awesome to behold, and be supported by several climates and ecosystems that lead to stunning natural wonders everywhere like vast canyons, mountain ranges, rainforests, etc. And there'll be unique culinary experiences on offer too: dinoburgers, dragon charred steaks, unicorn horn soup (for instant magical powers) and invigorating seed salads that always look fresh and leave you feeling 'alive' to name but a few. The vacation would be memorable and perhaps the best you'll ever have! What is not to like?
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    That makes sense. Man I wish that show would've gotten at least one more season. Every time I watch it I get a little sad for what could've been.
    You and me both, brother.

If you haven't had the time to check out Jack Olesker's NA threads, you should definitely read them now. There was going to be some EPIC awesomeness coming our way..... too bad really, because NA gets way to much unwarranted flak that another season might otherwise have changed...

PS I know you were referring to MYP, but I had to take a shot!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    You and me both, brother.

If you haven't had the time to check out Jack Olesker's NA threads, you should definitely read them now. There was going to be some EPIC awesomeness coming our way..... too bad really, because NA gets way to much unwarranted flak that another season might otherwise have changed...

PS I know you were referring to MYP, but I had to take a shot!
    I have tried to watch NA but Skeletor's face and voice, no Battle Cat, and the odd character designs make it difficult. I do plan on buying the big MOTU Collector Set and I promise to watch the NA episodes on it just for you.

Side note, the NA stuff in classics takes place in the present correct? So that means space travel is very common in the Universe.

Yes...they do. Thay also have portals of course and those are faster so the government shut down their space program but they still have ships.

My guess.

Skeletor had the Doom Buster, the ship spoken about in many episodes but never seen till the "Shadow of Skeletor" episode. That ship was intended for space travel. Heres what it looked like.
    http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Doom_Buster

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I have tried to watch NA but Skeletor's face and voice, no Battle Cat, and the odd character designs make it difficult. I do plan on buying the big MOTU Collector Set and I promise to watch the NA episodes on it just for you.
    Yay! The collector set is pretty awesome, and there are honestly some good episodes of NA included!

Side note, the NA stuff in classics takes place in the present correct? So that means space travel is very common in the Universe.
    If we follow the bios of the NA characters in MOTUC, they refer to when He-Man and She-Ra leave Eternia to pursue Skeletor. So I believe it still takes place in the future..... just how far into the future we do not know yet.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Well, Marlena has to get back to Earth "later in life" somehow.