Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positivity Threadů

The Positivity Threadů

For a while now, I've noticed this forum has become overloaded with negativity, finger pointing and, for whatever reason, general complaining, so I thought, to balance out all those threads, lets have a thread full of MotUC positive vibes and excitement for the line!

Which announced figures are you pumped for?
    Which ones are you looking forward to the most?
    Have any exceeded your expectations?

For me, I wasn't feeling any love for Man-E-Faces, Leech and Hurricane Hordak. They were very "meh" looking. But, now that I've seen some of the amazing photos that have been posted here, I can't wait for mine to arrive!!
    I'm also really excited for Icarius! I've never been a fan of the NA toys, so after seeing what the 4HM did to this guy, my mind has been blown! I think he's my most anticipated figure for the rest of the year. (Along with Swifty and BP She-Ra!!)
    As for 2012, The Sorceress looks stunning! I'm very interested to see how her wings/costume will look with her arms down. Same with Shadow Weaver actually! Her proto looks great, but I'd really like to see how her sleeves work with her arms down.

What about you?

PS - Lets leave all negativity at the door.. *happy thoughts*

Oh, thank God! I thought today would do it in for me on this site.

Something positive!

1. MAN-E-FACES. I never liked him much, until I got this new figure. Now I think he may be one of my favorites. The lack of orange paint on his body made a big difference, and the fun new faces really sends him through the roof!

2. I'm excited most about the Sorceress. We've waited a long time already for her, and she looks incredible. I think there was a healthy blend of new reveals to appease all collectors. I wasn't excited for two reveals, but was so overwhelmed by the others that it didn't matter.

3. Granamyr. I'm really excited that he will be included in this toyline.
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; August 23, 2011 at 07:43pm.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Demo-Man and Skeletor's Alcala head
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Oh, thank God! I thought today would do it in for me on this site.

Something positive!
    Ditto! Ive hated coming in here over the last week!

I was on the verge of jumping too!

Lets keep it positive!!!!!

Thank you Scott!

Ok, Im most pumped for Icarius,BG Evil Lyn,Demo Man and the Sisters, cant wait to see them all carded!!!

As for exceeding my expectations, I am really impressed by Demo Man and Fisto! I wasnt expecting Fisto to impress me but with his sensible sized Hand...Im over the Moon! and MEF having a perfect skin tone!!! Cant wait til he arrives!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    I 'm very satisfied with the shown vintage figures and with Demo Man and Draego- Man!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    3. Granamyr. I'm really excited that he will be included in this toyline.
    YES!! I forgot he was coming! He's gonna be great, I have no doubt about that!!

Well firstly I'm goingbto give you the top five figures I'm most excited for!
    1-Draego-Man
    2-Kobra Khan
    3-Demo Man
    4-Leech
    5-Snout Spout!

(Obviously I'm pumped for all the figures but these are the ones I'm most excited to recieve in hand)

Icarious definatly exceeded my expectations I wasn't an NA fan(although I loved Optikk!) but I think this next NA character looks amazing and I can't wait to add it to my collection!

Nice thread Oz-Scott.

Well I think that this year's SDCC reveals were the BEST ever, we are finally getting the Sorceress & Shadow weaver in only 5 months - Ahhhh! Like you I am really interested in seeing some shots of these gals with their arms down but I am sure they will look great. I can't wait to get a filmation Swiftwind, the new horse buck looks great and I am so happy with him.

With so many other awesome figures coming out soon it feels like such a great time to be a MOTU fan!
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

I was so on the fence about buying two subs this year . . . then I looked at everything again. AND I LOVE IT! I want two sorceresses. Two star Sisters. (actually I want a lot more for customs, so I'll buy them off someone who has extras.) I'm really excited for a lot of things to come in the line. I really hope that this year we see more POP and NA than we have before. (It only makes sense to release them now so the remaning years of subs can have some CLASSIC Heavy Hitters, so to speak.)

I'm also super stoked for Swiftwind! I want so many flying horses of pastel on my shelf!!
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post

none. I don't get that excited for the figures
    30th anniversary figures
    Optikk & Bow. Didn't think anyone could polish the turds that was those figures were

additional:
    You want happy?

Here's the happy:
    Last edited by midor; August 23, 2011 at 07:57pm.

I want to go run in the rain with scissors!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Bubble Power She-Ra, Shadow Weaver and Flipshot for all three answers and the Sorceress for questions 1-2. Fisto and Kobra Kahn for #3 SO pumped he's coming with his little lizard friend! Never thought we'd get him! Also, I love, love, LOVE that Fisto brings the 2-in-1 figure thing back to the line. I sorely missed that!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Flipshot for me, followed by The Star Sisters and Shadow Weaver.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior Eternia LoreMaster's Avatar
    Yes!!! I'm glad someone finally started a thread like this. I loved all of the SDCC reveals. I ablsolutely cannot wait for Fisto to be released. He is the one figure I've been waiting for. He was always one of my top favorites as a kid, and one of the very 1st figures I ever got. To see him finally added to the line made me extremely happy. The Sorceress and Kahn are awesome as well. I'm also really diggin' that Alcala Skeletor head. I could go on and on, but this toy line has never ceased to amaze me. It's the next best thing to being a kid again.
    No need for all the doom and gloom guys. Toyguru has stated repeatedly the line is still VERY healthy. Now as to weather that is actually the case time will tell, but for now I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Long live MOTUC!!! Good journey.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    A positive thread at last!

I was ecstatic with the SDCC reveals. Being there was actually great as I could talk to Toyguru and the 4, er, 5 horsemen. (They have a new guy in who's really great!). It gives you a very different perspective when you hear it all from their mouths!

I LOVE the SDCC line up. Shadow Weaver looked AWESOME in person and this is my most wanted figure so I did something which I had never done before, I bought a 2012 subscription. Part of it was for Shadow Weaver, part of it was because I felt Mattel and the 4 horsemen delivered such great figures this year more than ever, and it was time for me to support the line a little more!

My favorite character of all mythos is She-ra. I had been really disappointed with the first one we got, so needless to say, November is my MOST ANTICIPATED MONTH EVER!!!! She-ra, Swift Wind, BG Evil Lyn... Man, can't wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I want to go run in the rain with scissors!
    and in the other hand, little packages full of toys to cut open! like:

Windraider - how awesome!
    Sorceress!
    Demo-Man & alcala head - nerdgasm!
    Megator & MEF coming to my door soon!
    The fanastic figs I've collected so far!

Oh my, the days of wishing for articulated updates of the vintage are over - the wish is granted almost every month!

Yays!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Battleground Evil-Lyn
    Sorceress
    Fisto
    Kobra Khan
    Draego-Man
    and maybe even ol' Snout Spout. We'll see.

The same ones I just mentioned. Although it's hard to look forward to the ones that are so far away, because that's a long time to wait and it's torturous.

Most of the revealed lineup, whether I'm interested or not, exceeded my expectations. Especially Kobra Khan with his newly tooled parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Have any exceeded your expectations?...
    Quite a few of the announced figures have me pumped. I never had a Leech figure and I am really pleased with how he's turned out.
    Icarius is just super cool and I'm glad to get his faction started in my collection, plus I wonder what their logo will look like.
    Wind Raider and Swiftwind both look great as does BG Evil-Lyn w/ helmetless head.

I'm really looking forward to the Sorceress, Fisto, Kobra Kahn, and Jewelstar in 2012. I've been hoping for 2 of those for a while now so that's 2 more off the most wanted list. I'm also looking forward to what the object is that looks like an orb stand and if it comes with a later 2012 release or a diorama piece or something like that, plus I'm psyched for the reveal of BG EL's powered up staff head.

Do any exceed my expectations...hmmmm, I don't like to put expectations on things becuase expectations tend to lead to disappointment. I have hopes, but not expectations. However, Icarius really surprised me with his flippy visor head, which I think has a little translucent red in front(score!). Fisto and Kobra Khan having alternate heads has been a really great surprise as well.

So, there's my geeked out happy post
    Last edited by slackrguy; August 23, 2011 at 09:26pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Being there was actually great as I could talk to Toyguru and the 4, er, 5 horsemen. (They have a new guy in who's really great!). It gives you a very different perspective when you hear it all from their mouths!
    Don't they have a new lady horseman? I think I read she painted Battleground Evil-Lyn? Was she there? I haven't heard much about her, except that she paints figures and is excellent at it (which the protos are proof of).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I'm POSITIVE this thread will eventually turn negative.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

And I still have hopes for a Green Granamyr ^^
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    Dewd, that just made it negative! NOOOZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    And I still have hopes for a Green Granamyr ^^
    This is negativity in disguise!
    Last edited by Eternian Poet; August 23, 2011 at 08:10pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    Nope! Lets report any Party Crashers who wanna drag their soap box in here!

Heck, in 20 posts Ive seen some members I aint seen in weeks. Shows we aint alone in the happy!!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    This is negativity in disguise!
    I thought I could get away with it

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Heck, in 20 posts Ive seen some members I aint seen in weeks. Shows we aint alone in the happy!!!
    Yay for the fans! Without the fans there'd be no line!

We dodge blows from crazy wives, hand our plastic, possibly toxic figs to our kids, dare the boss to fire us by putting our latest He-Dewd on our desk, spend $$$ better spent - we're ****ing awesome dewdz!!!