Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positivity Threadů

Heroic Warrior
    The message below is legit. No one's sarcasm detector is going off.

I am happy that someone like Scott has been the Brand Manager. No joke. There are "fans" that work in the business and they don't get what I want in a toy. Masters of the Universe Classics is an AMAZING toyline, and its fans like Scott who work in Mattel that help make it happen. Some may claim that success is in spite of themselves, but I like to point out I have a Queen Marlena and Man-At-Arms with mustache standing on my counter. That is no comedy of errors: people like Scott, Bill, and the Four Horsemen make it happen. The work is collaborative.

I have much love for Scott and Bill, et al. I have personally chatted with the Mattel Boys Brand Managers for about 6 years now, and I can name past names. They were enthusiastic about the lines, and they said they were fans. But mistakes were made that were WAY more glaring than what we see now. I know issues creep up, BIG ONES (Roboto and King Hssss are big ones to me, I admit), but one has to appreciate that we even get a response in this day and age from the Brand Managers.

Scott is a true blue real fan! Bill is a true blue REAL fan.

He cares. They care. We can villify them, and we have been presented sufficient ammo to do so, but honestly, they don't have to reply AT ALL. They can choose to not say anything. I will say that there was an issue with accountability in the past that has severely eroded. The transparency for me is refreshing, whereas others like to say it's "dangling a carrot and then pulling it away". Not true. The DC and He-Man toys certainly are very accurate by and large, with the sculpts displaying the smallest details for even the most obscure characters (big ups to the 4 Horsemen). JLU is another big example of Scott's impact at Mattel. Women were hardly represented, the League wasn't expansive, villains were a commodity, and the paint choices were suspect (Booster GOLD's Skeets was...silver?). Scott and Bill really are such huge fans that kicked that line into high gear with both character selection and releasing ACCURATE paint aps on-model to the show. Somtimes I have to remind myself that checking toys is ONLY one part of their job. It's a big function for the consumer-side, and we are very critical, but I am sure any of us in their position would be JUST as frustrated if a factory we placed our trust in screws up a beautiful prototype due to miscommunication or negligence on the part of the factory. That messes up their deadlines THEIR bosses mandate, and an executive decision needs to be made. It can't be easy doing what they do. I shake my fist at this, too, but some things are beyond one's control. You simply make due with the cards one is dealt. They put their face our there to suffer our slings and arrows(I had my bowstring pulled back a few times myself). That is ownership.

There needs to be a push and pull, too, and for that reason I am so very grateful for this board's existence. So many features and paint aps would have missed on a given character I don't pay much attention to, but not for someone else on this board being this given character's #1 fan. We really need each other. Debate is good. Debate is IMPORTANT! But in the grand scheme of things, people first. I am new here, but thanks to everybody for being a part of something special here.

We all have our ideas for how we want these toys, but for many of us, these are EXACTLY the updated toys we have dreamed about, and thanks to Mattel and the Horsemen for making it happen!

YES ! Count me in the positive wave guys! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    jewelstar reminds me of alice krige (actress that played the borg queen) + that's freaking awesome.
    I was gonna say Kate Beckinsale.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Widget
    I'm new to this forum and to collecting the "Classics" line.

So far I've just got: Buzz-Off, Keldor, Hordak, and Man-E-Faces.

I'm 34 years old and had a bunch of He-Man toys back in the day. Being able to buy some new figures is cool and brings back those old feelings again.

I'm happy the line exists. Happy this forum/website exists. And happy to see the cartoons again on Netflix.

Overall.....I'm positively happy!!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post

We all have our ideas for how we want these toys, but for many of us, these are EXACTLY the updated toys we have dreamed about, and thanks to Mattel and the Horsemen for making it happen!
    Bravo! Great post!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Evil Apologist of Mattel« Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    YES ! Count me in the positive wave guys! !!
    Me too. This thread is definitely a breath of fresh air to say the least. Like SDCC wasn't even a month ago and I'm still a little high on everything that's coming out. I dunno why everyone has to be so doom and gloom less than a month after we saw one of the best SDCC showings for MOTU ever. I mean we got Filmation rights and TONS of awesome figures coming. Most of them I would have never even dreamed of ever seeing and I couldnt be happier with them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jay View Post

I'm 34 years old and had a bunch of He-Man toys back in the day. Being able to buy some new figures is cool and brings back those old feelings again.

I'm happy the line exists. Happy this forum/website exists. And happy to see the cartoons again on Netflix.

Welcome to the .org man! It's always nice to not see "widget rage" for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Welcome to the .Org! Your happy days are now over
    Last edited by Count Marzo; August 24, 2011 at 06:34pm.
    -=ĄEvilC°untMarz°Ą=-
    BL┼ăK FLěW╦RŐ!!!!

Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Me too. This thread is definitely a breath of fresh air to say the least. Like SDCC wasn't even a month ago and I'm still a little high on everything that's coming out. I dunno why everyone has to be so doom and gloom less than a month after we saw one of the best SDCC showings for MOTU ever. I mean we got Filmation rights and TONS of awesome figures coming. Most of them I would have never even dreamed of ever seeing and I couldnt be happier with them all.
    Totally agree! I actually have stopped looking at the 'Bridge Threads' and Its awesome! just coming in here! none of the sniping and complaining ! its gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Only if you allow yourself to be sucked into the Vortex of evil!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; August 24, 2011 at 06:36pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Like SDCC wasn't even a month ago and I'm still a little high
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'm still a little high
    The funny thing is, I am not taking this out of context

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The funny thing is, I am not taking this out of context
    See post below....

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post2805261
    -=ĄEvilC°untMarz°Ą=-
    BL┼ăK FLěW╦RŐ!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Regardless of anything negative, the argument can be made that this entire series is among the best action figure series of all time. With articulation, quality of sculpting and character selection from the popular to the incredibly obscure, this line does it all.

I'm sure that has as much to do with all of the strong emotions expressed in here on a daily basis as anything.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Regardless of anything negative, the argument can be made that this entire series is among the best action figure series of all time. With articulation, quality of sculpting and character selection from the popular to the incredibly obscure, this line does it all.

I'm sure that has as much to do with all of the strong emotions expressed in here on a daily basis as anything.
    Agreed, Its very apparent when looking at something like the Thundercats classics.

If nothing else MOTUC will go down in history as one hell of a toyline

I honestly don't believe we could have had one at retail this nice, for the most part its by the fans for the fans.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    If nothing else MOTUC will go down in history as one hell of a toyline

I honestly don't believe we could have had one at retail this nice, for the most part its by the fans for the fans.
    I agree with all of this.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Wow, we're up to 5 pages of positive posts! This is great to see!
    I'm once again feeling proud of being a MotU fan!

It really goes to show that there's amazing love and dedication to the brand.

I hope Scott/TG stops by and reads the posts here and realizes that the negative posts of a few don't reflect the feeling of so many!

Oh, and something else I'm potentially excited for... The possibility that we may one day see that Battle Ram produced and sold!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Oh, and something else I'm potentially excited for... The possibility that we may one day see that Battle Ram produced and sold!!
    I really do hope so, the 2 iconic vehicles from the vintage line were the Wind Raider and the Battle Ram. I think almost everyone I know who collected the toys in our younger days had at least those 2.

With Filmation rights I really want a toon accurate Attack Trak
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I really do hope so, the 2 iconic vehicles from the vintage line were the Wind Raider and the Battle Ram. I think almost everyone I know who collected the toys in our younger days had at least those 2.

Battle Ram was the first vehicle I received as a kid, so it has a special place in my heart.
    As for the toon Attack Trak... Ummm, you have me thinking now. My brother had the toy version and I love the look of it, so I was never really a fan of the toon version. BUT, seeing what the 4HM have done so far, I know they'd rock a toon accurate version! It'd be especially cool if the back opened up and served as storage for figures as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    Battle Ram was the first vehicle I received as a kid, so it has a special place in my heart.
    As for the toon Attack Trak... Ummm, you have me thinking now. My brother had the toy version and I love the look of it, so I was never really a fan of the toon version. BUT, seeing what the 4HM have done so far, I know they'd rock a toon accurate version! It'd be especially cool if the back opened up and served as storage for figures as well!!
    I want the Battle Ram sold but I also want extra Sky Sleds sold by themselves!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

I have to concur with everyone who constantly rides the wVe of euphoria that collecting this line brings to so many. We may sound like a bunch of drugged hippies, we may be called Matty Apologists, we may be suckers, sycophantic lapdogs to Toyguru, or brainless twits, but... It's just all so GROOVY!

These toys remind me of my fantastic childhood; so many memories attached to so many toys and characters. Even new characters and figures I never had before make me ecstatic. I love that virtually all eras and sources are being represented in the line. Classics is fantastic; they're definitely not " killen teh lien."
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I just re-organized my shelves and everything fit!!!! W00t!!!

(no sarcasm intended, I'm genuinely extatic about this, also a bit drunk!)
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

HD figures on youtube

Hey welcome, and great to meet you! Great collection so far man, Buzz-Off, Keldor, Hordak, and Man-E-Faces are FANTASTIC figures!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I have to concur with everyone who constantly rides the wVe of euphoria that collecting this line brings to so many. We may sound like a bunch of drugged hippies, we may be called Matty Apologists, we may be suckers, sycophantic lapdogs to Toyguru, or brainless twits, but... It's just all so GROOVY!
    Happens to the best of us...errr I mean I couldn't have said it better myself!
    -=ĄEvilC°untMarz°Ą=-
    BL┼ăK FLěW╦RŐ!!!!

I want Skeletor's "Collector"!

While I can't say that I've been too happy... SORCERESS, THUNDERPUNCH HE-MAN, A MORE DETAILED SHE-RA!! I'm also excited for 200X Fisto, Flipshot, Star Sisters, Kobra Khan... Pretty much ALL the reveals except one, but that's a topic for another thread...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    Yes! That would be awesome! That's been my #1 MOTU vehicle want since I was a kid.