Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positivity Threadů

Heroic Warrior
    I used to be a cherry picker, but I bought a 2013 sub, and now I'm picking up a lot of older stuff. I hope to track down everything eventually, but I need to take it slow.

After all the pain and stress people have gone through regarding the subs, we can now at the very least know 2013 will actually happen, and that it will be a complete lineup. We'll have plenty of 2013 reveals to look forward to in the months ahead, and we have a big month in September with Mekaneck, Dragon Blast Skeletor and Snake Men 2-Pack! Pretty smooth sailing the rest of the year with Rattlor, Mosquitor and my favorite, GRANAMYR! Then we can finally rid ourselves of the 30th anniversary line.

Looking at AdultCollector's picture with the 2012 line-up I have to say that I always enjoyed Toyguru's figure mix. He did very good job there. I hope this all-inclusive mix will continue in some form. I do enjoy this ride, keep the figures (and beasts, vehicles ...) comming!

OUCH!!! The wallet will sure take a major hit between Sept and Dec. That is ridiculous... I am glad that 2013 is backing off somewhat. This last quarter is for the wealthiest collectors it appears!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    After all the pain and stress people have gone through regarding the subs, we can now at the very least know 2013 will actually happen, and that it will be a complete lineup. We'll have plenty of 2013 reveals to look forward to in the months ahead, and we have a big month in September with Mekaneck, Dragon Blast Skeletor and Snake Men 2-Pack! Pretty smooth sailing the rest of the year with Rattlor, Mosquitor and my favorite, GRANAMYR! Then we can finally rid ourselves of the 30th anniversary line.

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...klist_2012.jpg
    Dude! That is one AMAZING checklist! Do you have one of the previous years, and the upcoming one?

Also, my contribution to this thread:

The thought of finally having a Blade figure, made me want to give this line another chance. (You know the story: Saw the MOTU movie, wanted Blade figure when I was a kid. Didn't get it.)

So, I'm still very optimistic about it (even if he appears very far away to get).

I am hopefull that nothing in the known universe can compleatly end MOTU all of here will keep it going im certain unless we have the same problems from the past like QC problems I for one want to see eveything from filmaition. after that I wouldint mind some NA or 200x varients.

I agree we all have to stay positive hope we get our figures dont get our subs cancelled I belive if we have these same problems it will spell doom for the line. I have subed for the first time and can tell you from my own personal experience. getting things in the mail is allway a nail biteing endever.

That being said I hope the line gose on for many years to come and us fans as a collective will never let it end.

Heroic Warrior
    Then we can finally rid ourselves of the 30th anniversary line.
    Isn't this statement a little out of place in a positivity thread?

Anyway, love the checklist!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-Boy View Post
    Dude! That is one AMAZING checklist! Do you have one of the previous years, and the upcoming one?
    If you go here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...lassics.com%2F

You have the checklists with sellout times for all the years, including upcoming stuff
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

I┤m simply glad that 2013 is going to happen. I┤m so glad the stress is over and it┤s actually fun again coming online and being able to talk about MOTU/POP/NA/200X characters again with the possibility they all can be MOTUC figures in next or far future.

MOTUC makes me happy i┤m glad i can collect them and hope now Mattel learnt something and next will be easier for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    Looking at AdultCollector's picture with the 2012 line-up I have to say that I always enjoyed Toyguru's figure mix. He did very good job there. I hope this all-inclusive mix will continue in some form. I do enjoy this ride, keep the figures (and beasts, vehicles ...) comming!
    It also made me realize how many heavy hitters we got this year: Fisto, Stinkor, Cobra Khan, Mekaneck, Rattlor. Once you see them all in one place the classic stuff sure outweights the more obscure stuff. (Not counting the 30th anniversary figures since those were a separate sub.)
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

Evil Apologist of Mattel« Count Marzo's Avatar
    I don't like to keep my positivity exclusive to this thread like some people...but I will say that I do enjoy reading this thread.
    -=ĄEvilC°untMarz°Ą=-
    BL┼ăK FLěW╦RŐ!!!!

Heroic Warrior

I love that calendar! Who did that?

- - - Updated - - -

My friends and I ship together to one address and we get together every month to get our toys and hang out. I love that I paid my friend off for my four subs when I got my tax return so I can just enjoy everything worry-free for the rest of the year. I will have money for Granamyr and Sorceress come December!

2013: I am the buy guy LOL. Hauke is so right though. It really is a nice mix, and what a motley crew we got in 2012. Maybe it really is the fact that we are looking at it in spurts instead of the whole year. I know things can be rearranged, but maybe if Mattel tried showing or at least announced a full-year sub (in full, with lineup subject to change), maybe it wouldn't be so bad. Maybe they don't want cherry-pickers doing the math.

Either way, man I LOVE this line! It's the best American toy property today, and this comes from all of my friends who stopped buying retail figures and moved to import. Even they are impressed with my collection.

They didn't kill teh lien!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-Boy View Post

Also, my contribution to this thread:

The thought of finally having a Blade figure, made me want to give this line another chance. (You know the story: Saw the MOTU movie, wanted Blade figure when I was a kid. Didn't get it.)

So, I'm still very optimistic about it (even if he appears very far away to get).
    I cry a little for you, seriously!. I had the Blade figure, he was awsome (still is) he outlasted my He-man interest, he fought the TMNTurtles, he beat the Cr*p out of Hulk Hogan and anyone else in my WWF/WCW days, all my toys started to fade away over the years, but he sat atop my "Evil shelf" alongside Mr Burns, The Shredder, The NECA Terminator and a few others. Now he currently stands in my MOTUC collection as the only non-MOTUC figure and he still looks cool. I may scream like a little girl WHEN Blades' new incarnation is revealed.

I love MOTUC! Long live MOTUC!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Wow, I wish I'd found this thread sooner! It's amazing how a little positivity can lift a person's spirits. And I agree, now that 'sub madness' month is behind us we can now concentrate on all of the goodness ahead, and absolutely Sept is going to be a bumper crop month! In fact I'm glad that I don't have multiple subs (this year anyway, 2013 is another story) this year because 3 regular figures and a box set x4 (the number of subs I picked up for 2013) would be heady stuff! In fact I don't think my bank acct could handle the strain!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    They didn't kill teh lien!
    Can I ask where this particular meme started? I've heard it mentioned a few times and obviously saw Toy Guru wearing the shirt, but its origins escape me.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Can I ask where this particular meme started? I've heard it mentioned a few times and obviously saw Toy Guru wearing the shirt, but its origins escape me.
    I have no idea!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Horde 4 Life

My opinion on the Masters of the Universe Classics Line

So the crisis is over, we managed to go over 100% and 2013 is a go. This is my first time to subscribe, before that I was coincidered what many called a "cherry picker" only getting the ones that I wanted or at some times when I could afford to get them. In the beginning I never knew about the release of the classics line until it had been out for a couple of years. I had always been a huge Masters of the Universe fan back when they came out in 1982, and watched the Filmation cartoon, and even when the '87 movie was released I begged my mom to take me to go see it at Jefferson Square Mall in Joliet, Il., which was huge for me because it was on a school night...=)

I however was not to big on the New Adventures, because one, I was a little older, 14 and in High School, and two, this was not the He-Man that I remember, and didn't like the redesignes, or the idea that they were no longer on Eternia. All in all I just couldn't embrace any of the changes.

Now here we are 30yrs later and we have a chance to enjoy Master of the Universe all over again. There are those that talk about things that would kill the line, but what would kill the line are the complaints AKA "reverse shoulders, QC, Customer Service, Digital River issues....and so on." As for me, I would not have known about reverse shoulders, or paint issues or any other issues with the figures unless someone hadn't complained about it. I haven't had any issues with any of my figures, except with my Tytus figure. The elbow joint on his left arm was so tight that when I tried to bend it his arm broke off, but since it I got him from the Mad Matty sal, and it had been so long agao that the sale had taken place they could do anything about it, I just used some super glue and glued his arm back on. It didn't matter to me because I don't plan on selling any of my figures.

As for Digital River, and haven't had any problems with my credit card or any other issues that others have had with them.

When it comes to the main point of this post, when it comes to the reveals 2013 and even those for the rest of this year I really have no complaint with them, even though I don't really care for the Fighting Foe Men, but I understand why they were made, but I'm in agreement with some member of the RGD team when it comes to Bios, that Mattel constantly puts a back story and tries to add every figure into the continuity of the line, just release a concept figure to release a concept figure and let us the fans decide the place in the story if WE want to.

Anyway that really about it, my 7yr old son is asking to hurry and get off the computer....lol

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    I cry a little for you, seriously!. I had the Blade figure, he was awsome (still is) he outlasted my He-man interest, he fought the TMNTurtles, he beat the Cr*p out of Hulk Hogan and anyone else in my WWF/WCW days, all my toys started to fade away over the years, but he sat atop my "Evil shelf" alongside Mr Burns, The Shredder, The NECA Terminator and a few others. Now he currently stands in my MOTUC collection as the only non-MOTUC figure and he still looks cool. I may scream like a little girl WHEN Blades' new incarnation is revealed.

I love MOTUC! Long live MOTUC!
    yeah, me too. I kept Blade til I became an adult.
    I still played with him when I got into the TMNT toys.
    Blade is so bad a**!!!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

One thing I've been really taking advantage of is the "getting out of the line" sales people have been doing. Until last month I only had seven MOTUC figures. Thanks to one huge trade and several purchases through the marketplace along with some Matty purchases and great deals I've managed to find on ebay I now have over 40 MOTUC figures and I'm signed up for 2013! It's really been a blast jumping into this line with two feet.

I've also been rewatching the Filmation series on DVD. But what's been the most fun about that is watching it with my almost 4-year-old daughter. The first time I showed it to her, I thought she wouldn't be too interested in it. But with three minutes left of the first episode we watched together, she looked up at me from my lap and said, "let's watch another." It's been a really special time to share this show that I loved as a kid with my own child.

Good times, thanks MOTU.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    That is just awesome!
    the cartoons we grew up with still appeal to kids today.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

My 7 year old loves MOTU as well and I let him collect vintage while daddy gets the classics. We've now started 200x hunting so his toys can look like daddy's. This line has become a family thing that we do together which makes it that much more special and valuable to me. It's also allowing me to fill in gaps I never had as a kid (wasn't allowed to have she-ra at all.....they were for "girls"....now I can and they actually look like they belong!) I can't wait for next year as a first time subber! By the way, that calander is amazing and VERY helpful. Kudos and Thanks!

Plenty of things to be happy about this month!

* Very happy to hear that Scott is looking into this black plastic mess. It's a "design choice" so it's something that can be changed!
    * Those early Dragon Blaster Skeletor and Snake Men sales from yesterday are actually being shipped out! Mattel's making the right decision to honor them for sure. It cuts down on the confusion. I just think of it as a little Mad Matty Sale.
    * We're getting two vintage set figures in one month, and an army builder, bringing us closer to completing the vintage line and finally putting some meat on the bones of the Snake Men army!
    * Icon Heroes is already taking pre-orders for its Castle Grayskull statue! Such a beautiful piece, and a pretty reasonable price. You can save some money depending on where you order it from.
    * Frosta is only one month away! Not to mention Rattlor (which the 4H did an amazing job on), and by far the best weapon pack in any MOTU line!
    * POWER CON IS THIS MONTH!!!! Hoping to see some sweet reveals, and really looking forward to getting the Manta Raider, Temple of Darkness Sorceress, and the secret accessory! Also excited to see all the fun news and videos from the event.

I love having a crazy brand manager who gives us all something to laugh or cry about

Looking forward to power-con. Since Joe Amaro, He-Mike and Masterenglish are all talking at the customizing panel, I'm hoping to drool over some of their work again this year.

Love to hear all of the stuff about which we can be happy . I know there's been a lot to be upset about (justifiably) the past couple of weeks or so. But we've got Mekaneck coming....DB Skeletor....Snake Men Guards.....Powe Con....preorder for Icon Heroes Grayskull.....woo-hoo!!