Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positivity Threadů

Thank you all! Castle Grayskull is going to be incredible!

Hey Matty, finish my Battle Ram, please!

Yes! Indeed!!! Major thanks to all the ppl at Mattel for going up to bat to get this far! I will do my part ot support the Castle Grayskull project and buy 2 of them!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I want to thank myself. Im so happy im still able to rejoice!

I really enjoy how major conventions where new MOTUC product is revealed really make the atmosphere optimistic and 'festive' around here. Normally there is much more griping and pessimism then should ever be necessary, but con reveals remind all of us why this hobby is so damn fun. And of course ditto to the original post. Not a single reveal that didn't bring a smile. And Grayskull... g-damn. Gotta have it!
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Yes, thank you Scott for fighting for us to get such amazing toys! You've done a lot for the brand, and you've shown a great sense of self-deprecating humor about some of your highly criticized decisions (Spector, anyone?), and let no one doubt you are a hard-core fan of Masters of the Universe!

I met Scott at Power Con this year while I was dressed as the Mighty Spector. He was so thrilled! And as the Mighty Spector, I bought Scott a beer and sat chatting with him for a while. It was very cool.

I also got to talk to Eric Treadaway quite a bit, and he's very soft-spoken and thoughtful. He's the type of fan I really see eye-to-eye with, so I enjoyed talking to him. We talked about Castle Grayskull in the Classics line, and I told him I didn't need to see a sculpt or even the drawing of the planned playset, because seriously, did anyone think they'd see the Horsemen's design and say "No, I don't really like that; I'm not buying it." They consistently make great toys out of even the lamest of concepts, so when they're starting with such an amazing design as Castle Grayskull, how could they make anything that wasn't above and beyond what we're expecting!?

I always like to see threads like this, and it's been a while since we had one.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I'd like to give a shout out to everyone involved in this fall's reveals (Power Con + NYCC). These are the best reveals in a while. Toy Fair and SDCC has some great ones, but also some not-so-great ones, and amidst a lot of turmoil regarding the line. Pretty much all of these reveals this fall have been stellar, as well as the way it's all been handled. And that's saying a lot b/c these are mostly, like, z-list characters
    Of course Castle Grayskull trumps them all, but I'm looking forward to figures that I never even cared about in the slightest. Job well done.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    I really enjoy how major conventions where new MOTUC product is revealed really make the atmosphere optimistic and 'festive' around here. Normally there is much more griping and pessimism then should ever be necessary, but con reveals remind all of us why this hobby is so damn fun. And of course ditto to the original post. Not a single reveal that didn't bring a smile. And Grayskull... g-damn. Gotta have it!
    100% agree. Thank you and SMASHING BABY YEAH!!!!!!!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel« Count Marzo's Avatar
    Love this thread! So awesome!

Apologists™ unite!
    -=ĄEvilC°untMarz°Ą=-
    BL┼ăK FLěW╦RŐ!!!!

I Love MOTUC! !

Gotta bump this thread up…how awesome is it that we're getting CASTLE GRAYSKULL!!!!?????
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

2012 has been a very difficult year for me as I suffered an injury and have been forced to sit this year out from wrestling and training like I'm used to. However, this line has been a huge bright spot for me. I'm on here daily just to see what's going on and I have gone crazy for these toys and this property again. Knowing a year from now I'll have a Castle Grayskull to play with makes any negative thoughts I have get pushed aside.

So excited!

I love this line, brand & community! It has been great fun catching up on everything. I find myself going into my rec room (dubbed New Dork City), and just looking, moving & posing the figures. Batting the Wind Raider so it "flys" on the fishing line I have it hung on. And fantasizing where am I gonna put CG? Who's the August figure? Whats the next big item? Who owns that white crossbow?

Such fun. I feel like a kid again.

Sorry guys, looks like your stuck with me now.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

We're getting so close to having Ram-Man in our collections. My Heroic Warriors will FINALLY be complete!

Can ya feel the positivity?
    I want my other half.

Heroic Warrior
    ^
    I'm feeling it bro!!!!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    =

And another shout out to all the awesome fans that populate these boards and those who Moderate them! This is, by far, one of the friendliest and downright fun places to share thoughts about the things we love! Keep it up all!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Fixed up Frosta's forearms today... Feeling really positive about her now!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Well my first ever venture into subbing starts soon.
    I get Netossa in a week or so, as I'll probably never own the vintage, thats extra awesome.
    NYTF is about a month out.
    Granamyr, Mosquitor & Procrustus arrive tomorrow, along with a new recliner.
    Horde Prime & Griffin for early access? Heck yeah, I had to prioritize when they were released originally.

Good times, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Well my first ever venture into subbing starts soon.
    I get Netossa in a week or so, as I'll probably never own the vintage, thats extra awesome.
    NYTF is about a month out.
    Granamyr, Mosquitor & Procrustus arrive tomorrow, along with a new recliner.
    Horde Prime & Griffin for early access? Heck yeah, I had to prioritize when they were released originally.

Good times, good times.
    Procrustus and Mosquitor are REALLY cool. But Granamyr is like nothing in the MOTUC line before him

Just be careful putting him together. Be sure to put the arms in the upper torso and to be sure they can move on the joint wheel before you connect the upper torso to the belly
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Hey thanks, Brian. And yes I'll be very careful. I'm really looking forward to him. Love that character.

Side note, I was watching some Filmation & realised if any other MOTU line is released in 3 3/4 size... Granny will be in scale. Awesome!

I need some positive though today!

I like .... #1 turtles, #2 boys that wear abercrombie & fitch, #3 netossa
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Well, after reading through some other threads, I am glad this one has popped up again. I got Granamyr and he went together wonderfully. His joints were so tight I could even stand him up. I cant wait to have the space to display all my figures. I have all but the Bronze King and have only opened 3 or 4, so once my shop is complete I will be opening them all up to pose and play with. I also have my vintage stuff to put up too. MOTU is really my favorite line to collect at this time. I really wish they would just put out more product while the line is still here. I want more and more! I really look forward to my MOTUC delivery every month and waiting 30 days between orders seems like an eternity some times. I could handle new product every 2 weeks. Wouldnt that be great!? We got a great line up so far this year and we are only about 35 days from NYTF with some new reveals and the first look at the Castle! Good time to be a MOTU fan! Now we just need the new movie to get us running strong again!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I really look forward to my MOTUC delivery every month and waiting 30 days between orders seems like an eternity some times.
    I get my subsciption stuff sent to my dad's house (I'm not home to receive packages that often due to work) and, since he lives about 300 miles away, I usually have to wait even longer - about two or three months - to get my MOTUC haul when I go 'back home' to visit; on the plus side, it's like I get four or five Christmases a year!

I don't know if I can stand waiting another couple of months of looking at that empty space next ot She-Ra, Bow, and Frosta that I've carved out for Netossa, though. Although I'm a 'original line' guy first and foremost, now that we've got enough PoP figures to populate their own shelf, I'm especially looking forward to each new addition to that faction!

Just got my Granamyr figure! He's flipping awesome!!!! Pics of this guy DO NOT do him justice at all! Loving this line and looking forward to the rest of the year!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    I can't wait for Ram Man. Ram Man, Mer-Man, Stratos, Zodac, and Buzz-Off were always my favorites, with Mer-Man and Ram Man being number one and two.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

This is the best time to be a MOTU fan. I discovered the Classics line only a year ago and I am only missing a few of my "wants":

Teela, Scareglow, Shadow Weaver, The Goddess, Roboto, Whiplash, Preternia Disguise He-Man, and Captain Glenn.

The 2013 line up is awesome. The Castle Grayskull pre-order production approval is the icing on the cake for me. I have to buy a table for it though.