Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positivity Threadů

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    thanks she is doing better, going to be a few days to be back to normal
    glad to hear your baby's doing better. i hope she fully recovers soon.

back to topic: i think motus is the best action figure line around. aside from giving us such cool looking figures, it helps people like me (who grew up in the 80s) to relive the golden years of their childhood.

thanks, mattel, for reviving this toy line.

and thanks, val, emiliano and the fans at he-man.org, for keeping motu in circulation all these years.

Heroic Warrior

Flakless thread...

Matty gets a lot of Flak(sometimes warranted..other times absurd), but I must say that to release one of, if not THE most sought after figures (MAA) on cyber Monday and at half price was a very nice thing to do. Not only that, but unlike many other figures released on Friday, MAA stayed up for several hours allowing people who have wanted this figure for YEARS to finally get him. And if this wasn;t enough, half price palace guards? I never expected Matty to sell any figures for half price other than say Buzz Off or some other characters that frankly they will never be able to sell at 20, but to offer so many high profile characters at such a discounted rate is VERY cool, and VERY appreciated. Bravo Matty, and thanks!

BG Evil-Lyn and Wind Raider today, woo-hoo!
    Plus it was cool to see some of the upcoming figures in a video (Sorceress, Draego-Man, & Photog).

Emiliano has posted some really nice MOTUC Visions in the fan art section as well, check 'em out. The Sea Hawk is especially awesome.

Today is my last day of finals so hopefully I'll be motivated enough over the winter times () to get some work done on some custom ideas I've had. Assuming I am not to enveloped in SW:TOR.

NYTF is right around the corner with some new reveals and deco updates and unless one is heck bent on being a Debbie Downer, that's something to look forward to. No offense meant to anyone named Debbie
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    BG Evil-Lyn and Wind Raider today, woo-hoo!
    Plus it was cool to see some of the upcoming figures in a video (Sorceress, Draego-Man, & Photog).

Emiliano has posted some really nice MOTUC Visions in the fan art section as well, check 'em out. The Sea Hawk is especially awesome.

Today is my last day of finals so hopefully I'll be motivated enough over the winter times () to get some work done on some custom ideas I've had. Assuming I am not to enveloped in SW:TOR.

NYTF is right around the corner with some new reveals and deco updates and unless one is heck bent on being a Debbie Downer, that's something to look forward to. No offense meant to anyone named Debbie

Great post and lots of great things to be happy about
    the ignore list is my new best friend

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    The first actual vehicle releases today. That's pretty awesome, considering where the line has come from. Fingers crossed for a Battle Ram eventually.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Despite the shoulder drums, I think the Sorceress looks awesome, and I'm looking forward to having her on my shelf.

I'm also really looking forward to Stinkor. I haven't seen enough of him yet, especially the newer (non Mer-man?) head. I think I'll have a lot of fun with him, though hopefully he won't smell too strongly!

And if the rumors of Frosta in the summer turn out to be true, I'll be very happy, happy!

I CANNOT WAIT for the Wind Raider! I've not been this excited since Battle Cat.

OMGZetc!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

It's going to be a great beginning of the year. That's how I look at it. Wind Raider will be home for x-mas. Demo Man, BG Evil Lyn around beginning of the year. Then....SORCERESS!!!!:meek: And of course CC from the 80's Fearless Photog...Why Not. So essentially 4 figures and the 1st official Vehicle in the MOTUC line. Count your blessings this year b/c these figures are only icing on the cake when everything else comes 1st like your Family, Faith and Friends. Here's to all that and a most anticipated year to come for the 30th Ann. of MOTU.

I'm REALLY looking forward to everything that went on sale this month! The Wind Raider = awesome sauce!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Bring on the Wind Raider! It looks absolutely amazing, and hopefully it's only the first of many vehicles to come.

Let me see now... we have action figures, beasts, weapons paks, vehicles... What's next? Ah yes: playsets!

The new site looks great! It has features that make it easier to keep up with groups we're part of. That's something I just noticed the other day and am really happy that it has been implemented.

Fearless Photog, the original contest winner, has finally been produced. I'm really happy for Mr. Bitner and hope there is still just a small sliver of childhood wonder left in him that goes "Wow!" when he gets his case of figures.

On a sappy note, I appreciate everyone here who is always able to keep it positive. Ya'll who readily find happiness in all the releases, find something beautiful and fun in every figure reveal, and are happy when someone gets a release that they've been waiting for. To those who do that, you make this online community a place I enjoy coming to. A place where we're interacting with people from all over the world and from all walks of life. When I get less than enthusiastic I can always count on stumbling across a post that is just genuinely nice and reminds me that it is not that serious and to find enjoyment in a figure. If not for myself then for someone else.

Thanks for that.

Sincerely,
    Aaron (aka slackrguy)
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Evil Apologist of Mattel« Count Marzo's Avatar
    Whew! Good bump. I needed this thread before I go thru all my black flowers.
    -=ĄEvilC°untMarz°Ą=-
    BL┼ăK FLěW╦RŐ!!!!

Yay the positivity thread makes a return! I'm really happy with MotU Classics! Sure we've gotten some not so great news but hey, everything is still coming.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Yeah for positivity, I suggest everyone go enjoy some pixel dan 2011 SDCC and power con MOTU vids. Its what I did (thanks CM lol)
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior
    Hip Hip Hooray!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!! Lets save Photog for another day!!!

Despite all the issues, I still love MOTUC.

I can't wait for all the SDCC reveals to be finally released!! delay or not I'm still excited for all of them!! they're so close!!

Court Magician
    After seeing the pics Veebs just posted of the Star Sisters, I'm SOOOO excited for 2012!

Yeah for positivity, I suggest everyone go enjoy some pixel dan 2011 SDCC and power con MOTU vids. Its what I did (thanks CM lol)
    Yes! This is what I do all the time - it's like I watch Dan's videos every week I was also happy to hear Toyguru in RGD - I like this guy.

Still excited for Demo-Man/Bg Evil Lyn this month. Fisto and Shadow Weaver look amazeballs.

Yeah, Fisto and Shadow Weaver are really huge triumphs! Photog looks awesome, and I'm glad that he sort of has that funny robot-face.

Star Sisters, despite their elongated pelvi, look beautiful. Veebs received some with great face paint!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Any ones in particular you recommend? Ive seen some but pretty sure I've missed a few.
    [This space for rent. Inquire within.]

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still excited for Fisto, Kobra Khan, Stinkor, Draego Man and Kalamarr...

I'm looking at my Evil Warriors at this moment and I really enjoy them!

Yeah, personally, I'm still excited. Really looking forward to Kalamarr and Stinkor and any Horde character released this year. I mainly collect the Horde and random guys that were significant to me as a child. Stinkor was one of those. I'm trying to collect Horde as a faction tho.
    [This space for rent. Inquire within.]

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    There needs to be some more positivity around here....... glad to see this thread make a comeback in light of yesterday's news.

Figures being delayed one month each for the next few months isn't that big of a deal. At least we'll have the Wind Raider & Demo-man showing up soon to help tide us over.
    I saw someone on Matty post that TG should be fired over these delays. Really? A one month delay for some figures equals a pink slip? If that were the case in the toy industry, DST would have no one left to fire....

I'm going to look at the bright side of this, and use the delay to help my bank account recover from over indulging at Christmas-time. The credit card could use a little break.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I agree, Mattel and DR are going through a terrible time with the fanbase at the moment - but the toys themselves are awesome - and that's what we should focus on. I try to keep away from the negative stuff if I can help it and just keep my mind on MOTUC when I want to enjoy it - and it does make me happy.

I can't wait to get Demo-Man, the Alcala Skele head and today I should BG Evil-Lyn waiting for me when I get home, so hopefully she's in good shape.

I got the Wind Raider on Monday and its incredible!