Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positivity Thread…

Heroic Podcaster
    GREAT THREAD! Congrats (and my sincere thanks) to the OP, and everyone who keeps this thread alive!

For me, I am excited for...

- Demo-Man! (Never been a figure before yet he feels 100% part of MOTU in toy form, thrilled to have him. Alcala Skel head? Unbelievably cool!)

- BG Evil-Lyn! (One of the 200X redesigns I actually like better in regards to color over the 80's original, her and Zodak)

- Fisto! (One of my faves as a kid. Such a simple action feature he had but man did it keep me entertained for hours! Bring on Jitsu!)

- Kobra Khan (My favorite Snake Man, well, him and Tung Lashor! But I like the whole "who does he work for" aspect of Khan. Still want South American Claw Khan!)

- Sorceress (I'm glad the harder-to-get version is not a must have for me like Queen Marlena)

- Slush-Head (If the 4H keeps making NA this cool, then I'll keep getting them! Didn't like them in the 90s but Optikk is one of my fave MOTUC!)

- Stinkor (This one HAD to have the new head, such a smart decision by 4H and Matty to give him that so he isn't just skunk Mer-Man. I always liked his colors.)

- Star Sisters and more rumored PoP - Great for my MOTUC pen pal who shares my sub by buying all the PoP stuff. I'm happy for her!

- I didn't get a Wind Raider (space issues in my hobby room ) but would buy a Battle Ram in a second! Raider's existance and sell-out bodes well for the BRam!

- FEARLESS PHOTOG! Such a great story that Bitner finally gets his due. Heart warming realy, and I try never to use that term. Fits here though and I like the figure!

- Draego-Man! I might have named him Draegor but hey, its all good! Great figure - makes sense that MOTUC would have a dragonoid race.

And that' sonly, what, the first HALF of 2012? With Toy Fair coming up, the rest of the 30th Anny figs, so much goodness still to come. I am hopeful we get either Rio Blast or Two Bad this year in the fall - but I'm happy as is, no reason to get greedy!

Hope the new year is treating everyone well!
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

One word: FISTO
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I got my Wind Raider yesterday and all I can say is that we are a spoiled bunch of toy collectors, that right there should be toy of the year!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I am very excited to have an official Shadow Weaver figure in my hands!

Court Magician
    After watching Dans review, I'm looking forward to Fisto arriving. His face sculpt looks amazing!

Fisto! That's a lot to be happy about!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    One word: FISTO
    Exactly. Mattel knocked him out of the park. If we got more figures like him, I think EVERYONE would post here more often.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    After a sizable hiatus from monthly buying, it looks like I'm back for Fisto and Sorceress. Fisto just looks amazing, and Sorceress is, well, the Sorceress.

And I finally caved and nabbed a She-Ra via 2-pack on TRU.com today. Looks like I'll be doing a little reorganizing here soon.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Fisto is great... I sure hope I get him one day

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    After watching pixel dan's reviews of Fisto, Sorceress, Star Sisters, and Photog I went back and watched the reviews on BGEL, Demo-man, and the windraider and I'm hyped up for them again...haha. I just can't help but think of the slew of figures I will hopefully be getting in a short span of time!!!

Love motuc!!!

Like many of you, Fisto has brought some cheers to this line.
    I'm also very looking forward to, Kobra Khan (Kahn?), Stinkor, Demo-Man And Draego-Man. (crossing fingers for no QC issues here).
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    You know what would help with the positivity around here? More Gooble!

from the way it sounds there is more RGD cooking
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Just experienced the magical moment when you pop the Alcala head on MOTUC Skeletor. I could swear I heard a faint demonic laughter once I turned my back on him
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Just experienced the magical moment when you pop the Alcala head on MOTUC Skeletor. I could swear I heard a faint demonic laughter once I turned my back on him
    Man, I need to nab a Demo-Man (or maybe just the head) to do this. Sounds awesome.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Sounds awesome.
    It is perfect. Having it in hand, it just blows me away: the teeth, the eyes ... perfect.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

can't wait for Demo man to show. I really want to see the Acala Skeletor head. In fact picked up a molarr / skeletor 3 pack for this exact reason (well it justified molarr's price tag)
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    I just got my notice that all my orders (B.G Evil Lyn, Demo Man, Wind Raider, and the Star Sisters) are all shipping right now! So even though it has been a long wait, I am quite happy with this. I also decided, a few days ago, to give Customer Service a call to see if there were any updates, and they were very good, cordial, and assured me that my order would ship very fast, and it did! So there you go, folks, a good Customer Service experience!
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

This week I received two packages -one with WindRaider, one with my sub Evil-Lyn and Demo-Man. Very nice paintjob on all of the toys, tight joints, no missing WindRaider parts.
    I am not a toy collector, the only thing I collect is MOTUC because of my childhood memories. I never owned a MOTU figure, but I hope to collect everything now - and I want to see all the stuff produced. Original MOTU, 200X characters, POP, POG, NA, obscure stuff, beasts, vehicles ... bring it, I will buy it!
    1) WindRaider - what an awesome pice this is! It is incredible - the detail, the colors, the size ... wow! I have no words to describe it. The artwork by Rudy Obrero! I seriously hope to see more vehicles produced (actually all of them). Looking at the WindRaider I imagine how a BolaJet and AstroSub would look like too ... well, what I wanted to say is - the WindRaider rocks!!
    2) EviLyn - I am very happy to have this figure. I do not know why but I like repaints. If they really released the Evil-Lyn with the 200X outfit now, I would hope the BG Evil-Lyn to be the next repaint. I would want this figure anyway. For me it is very nice to see the same sculpt of Evil-Lyn but in different colors standing next to each other. As I said - I like repaints and they are part of my collection (they have always been part of MOTU).
    3) Demo-Man - ah, more obscure stuff keeps it interesting and diverse ... he became one of Beast-Man's henchmen together with Shadowbeast on my shelf. I would not mind to see Demo-Man released as glow-in-the-dark. And Faceless-One as well. Moreover it would be fun to have Beast-Man repaint in green to match Demo-Man body for mix-and-match ... or Demo-Man in Beast-Man color.

Cool stuff! I like it.

I'll post in this great thread again since I was told by a "fellow" orger yesterday that I live in la-la land. Nice huh?

Got my Star Sisters!
    A great trio…or quartet when you consider Glory Bird.
    The paint apps are great on all of them and the joints are nice and tight! I love this line and I say keep up the great work 4H!

MotU Classics is up for several awards with "The Poppies"! Go vote!!

http://www.mwctoys.com/poppies_peoplespicks_2011.htm
    Last edited by chuc98; January 21, 2012 at 04:37pm.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Court Magician
    I love the Alcala head on Skeletor. He does look truly evil. Also the hood is larger, so there is less of a gap between the armor and the head. looks much nicer.
    Tell me about the loneliness of good, He-Man. Is it equal to the loneliness of evil?

I must possess all, or I possess nothing!

I have to "blame" Fisto for me coming back. I had been collecting this line since the very beginning. I was a huge fan of the originals and these captured the look and drew me in. Well, back in August I decided to stop collecting. Not because I didn't like the line, I just felt that I was getting too old for toys. Do to other circumstances I had to cancel the credit card that I had my subscription on, so I stopped getting figures in August and I sold my whole collection. I was out.

Fast forward to last Thursday. I have an email that I only check every few weeks or so. When I went to read emails I saw that the Star Sisters were being shipped! I didn't understand how this could happen since the credit card was no longer valid. Well, what happened is the bank went and forwarded the charge to my main checking account. I also saw a delivery email telling me that the Star Sisters would be arriving that day (Thursday). I figured I had better go to Matty and update my billing info. I figured I would just sell these figures as they came in, do big deal.

While I was on Matty, I saw that Fisto was going to be the figure for February. Fisto was my favorite classic figure. I came here to see if there was a review up and there was. I watched all of Pixel Dan's review and I was hooked again. I knew I had to keep Fisto. I had nothing better to do at the time so I figured I would look at some of his older reviews. Well, to make an already long story shorter, I watched a bunch of reviews and came to the conclusion that I made a big mistake in getting rid of all my figures. That being said, I went on ebay yesterday and bought 10 figures and am starting my collection all over.

Fisto came along and punched me in the head and made me realize how much I missed this line.

... I forgot to write how awesome WindRaider looks standing next to SwiftWind on my shelf. That's freakin awesome. This is only possible with MOTU to have a futuristic jet next to a Pegasus-like character. MOTUC makes this real!

I got Demo-Man and Battleground Evil-Lyn yesterday. Such great figures! I was really uncertain about the Alcala head on Skeletor, but now that I see it, it kicks butt! Battle Ground Evil Lyn looks kick-ass next to him.

I had to revamp my display in preparation for the influx of POP characters (Star Sisters and Shadow Weaver) and I can't wait to put them together. Next month is going to freakin' rock!
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Stratos, Webstor, Horde Prime, Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, and Gygor

Way better than the Thundercats line and the Wind Raider is Amazing. Wish I had bought 5 instead of 3.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior