Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positivity Threadů

I'm very excited for Slush-Head. Visually he was my favorite from the NA cartoon and I can still remember the night I picked him up in the department store in my home town. I had never even heard of seen the NA series, I just thought "Hey this green creature with his head in a jar looks really cool!"

I played with him for a long time, and paired him up with different lines as he didn't have a home for me. I also remember years after packing my toys away, I found him one day and decided to see what was in that little fishbowl. My mom had already convinced me to have one of those childhood reaping yard sales where you sell all your vintage toys for 25 cents a pop, only to find a decade later they were a gold mine. So I cracked it open to get to the tiny rubber head.

He is probably one of the best choices and the best addition to the line. I feel like I owe Slush-Head something.

PS: Mom I still haven't completely forgiven you. Not so much for the money, just the memories.

Heroic Warrior
    Vykron? More MOTU Hot Wheels? Plus Tiny Titans? And a cool looking Death staction? And another round of cool Polly Pockets? And another Monster High?

Something for the whole family from Mattel this year!! My daughter loves Tiny Titans and Monster High, my wife loves Tiny Titans, Death & the Bat-villain themed Polly Pockets, and I love Vykron, MOTU Hot Wheels, Tiny Titans, and Death (and may even have to grab the Bat-villain themed PPs). Mattel may be my biggest wallet hit this year at SDCC!

Oh, and can I just say I love all the sub & 30th figures so far? TMS will look cool on my NA shelf, and I'm going to have to pick up an extra set of Snake Men!!

All-in-all, MOTUC is my favorite toy line of all time, I think, and part of what's made it so great is the fact that I started at the beginning and have been able to get every figure along the way. Unsuccessful retail-hunting usually kills my interest in lines after 3-5 waves, so the online thing (and subscription) has worked really well for me!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I am happy to have the trio. I think they are super cool. I will display all three options, and make small improvements when needed.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I am happy to have the trio. I think they are super cool. I will display all three options, and make small improvements when needed.
    This (except some improvements are more than small )
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I'm super excited to be able to dive in at a great time. Draego-man looks amazing and I felt like a kid again opening him. My wife even loves him. She goes oh wow he looks awesome on the shelf! I'm super excited to add stinks and later this year mosquitor to the shelf as well. I love the nostalgia the line brings every time I look at the collection and the opportunity to share my Passion for motu with my son and fellow collectors.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    When I think about this line, I'm just amazed and elated. I was looking at MOTUC Snout Spout the other day, what a great job the Four Horsemen did in capturing, updating, and perfecting his look. This goes for Mer-Man, Teela, Icarius, anf Fisto. Nearly all of the MOTUC figures are masterpieces. MOTUC are beautufully sculpted, yet simply masterful. These toys make me feel like a kid again, and reinforce how cool Masters of the Universe is and has always been.

And I will add this, MOTU fans are loyal. With little to nothing to market our 80's memories in the last few decades, it's remarkable MOTUC is making toy history. We suffer through the WSOD, shoddy QC, and delays, but continually keep coming back. We're the best toy fans in the world.

This may be a tiny tiny line, but given this thing all came about from fans (Four Horsemen, ToyGuru) by fans (all of us), MOTUC is pretty remarkable.

No offense to any fans of other properties, but MOTUC is number one. Best fans, best updated toyline, best online toy experiment.

Those Fimation episodes must have taught me to be so positive.

Here's hoping we can make this line better and grow. I don't think Mattel minds making more dough off us old time customers who were originally brainwashed 30 years ago. Look how many awesome figures and items we've gotten so far, the future of MOTUC is still bright.

Heroic Warrior
    Positive: Vykron's face...

Everyone is always forgetting the obvious positive! We have new, awesome MOTU figures and a LOT of them !
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Everyone is always forgetting the obvious positive! We have new, awesome MOTU figures and a LOT of them !
    I don't...I can't afford them...
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Time to bump this thread!!

So, this year has to go down in MOTU history as one of the best ever IMO:

Figure-wise:
    Sorceress, Fisto, Shadow Weaver, Khan, TP He-Man, Draego-Man, Stinkor, Slushhead. Horde Prime, Spikor, Frosta, Mekaneck, DB Skeletor, Mosquitor AND Granamyr!!
    And personally I'm loving Vykron and TD Sorceress, as well as Griffin!

Entertainment-wise:
    New Comic Book, 30th Anniversary DVD release, MOTU movie in Blu Ray

Everything else:
    A bunch of merchandise out, as well as Power-Con and 30th celebration during SDCC

Looking at the big picture... I can say, it's a great year to be a MOTU fan!!
    Long live MOTU!!

DR still sucks though...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Time to bump this thread!!

So, this year has to go down in MOTU history as one of the best ever IMO:

Figure-wise:
    Sorceress, Fisto, Shadow Weaver, Khan, TP He-Man, Draego-Man, Stinkor, Slushhead. Horde Prime, Spikor, Frosta, Mekaneck, DB Skeletor, Mosquitor AND Granamyr!!
    And personally I'm loving Vykron and TD Sorceress, as well as Griffin!

Entertainment-wise:
    New Comic Book, 30th Anniversary DVD release, MOTU movie in Blu Ray

Everything else:
    A bunch of merchandise out, as well as Power-Con and 30th celebration during SDCC

Looking at the big picture... I can say, it's a great year to be a MOTU fan!!
    Long live MOTU!!

http://www.poeghostal.com/wp-content...rde_poster.jpg

DR still sucks though...

I agree with this- even with all the overwhelmingly negative things that have happened recently, this is one of the best times not only to be a fan of He-Man but also as fans of MOTU in general! Just think of all the things still to be announced for the rest of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I agree with this- even with all the overwhelmingly negative things that have happened recently, this is one of the best times not only to be a fan of He-Man but also as fans of MOTU in general! Just think of all the things still to be announced for the rest of the year!
    Even though they screwed up Stinkor....(on purpose?)....and everyone has an issue with the Dragon head on DB Skeletor, and we have a price increase looming for next year....

I have to say for me (and I just came in August last year) this year will yield the most MOTUC from one year I will own. There are many from 2008 - 2011 that I have passed on, a few more I have decided to get across the years, but even counting them 2012 will net me the most in one year....so far. Of what's released & unveiled, 12 will make it to or are part of my collection, and we still have to hear what's left for the year.

I just wish they'd stop messing with long awaited figures....if they mess with Mek, I will be ticked....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I just wish they'd stop messing with long awaited figures....if they mess with Mek, I will be ticked....
    Clearly, MOTUC figures are not bright or characterful enough by themselves, they need to be twisted a bit to really make them "pop"!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Positive: All the Great Rebellion ladies we'll be getting in 2013!
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I'm looking forward to the SDCC reveals to see how they can top the beginning of this year because it's been amazing. I started out the year not knowing about the line, picked up Draego-man, and the rest is history. Now I'm running out of room for the stuff I've got and it just keeps coming! DB Skelly, Mek, Griffin, Spikor, Stinkor, reissues of Orko, Adam, Adora, MAA.....it's been the perfect year for newbies like me to play catch up and seems like an exciting year for veterans of the line as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Clearly, MOTUC figures are not bright or characterful enough by themselves, they need to be twisted a bit to really make them "pop"!
    Especially when they already come with newly sculpted parts, that figure gets first, I'll bet that the next figure to get the furry finned forearms, gets them installed correctly. From now on it would be nice to see if a change is wanted first....and clearly, no one would have voted for that change. I just hope they stop changing the 4H sculpts unless it's something to make the figure absolutely function properly, and clearly the forearms to be installed correctly were not hurting anything....so POP THIS buddy!
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

This absolutely is one of the best years in MotU history ever! I can't wait to see what else is coming!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Yeah we got a lot of great stuff comin'! I'm already getting a kick out of what I've got in hand now - I mean, the last batch was a perfect mix of new, old, and favorites. I've alway wanted TP He-Man, and I am VERY much not disappointed; seems like he's my favorite He-Man now. Draego-Man and Spector are fantastic additions to the "brand new" category, and I'm glad they took the 30th selections in a direction that allowed for a range of classic-like stuff. I mean, Draego-Man is a little new-age, but Photog, Spector, and Laser are all very classic and simple. They remind me of the days when I didn't know what toys were comin' and just found something random and new in the store!

Anyway, as for the rest: Stinkor became a fast favorite and he actually smells pretty good! Slush Head was also another guy I never had, and he is pretty cool. They are really doing well with the NA guys, honestly! I'm looking more and more forward to NA He-Man and Skelly.

The new stuff coming is making things better and better! Spikor is another vintage guy I never had but always wanted, and he looks to have everything he needs to be awesome. Very much looking forward to him! I already said my peice above about Laser-Lot, but I am looking forward to him as well. Very simple, very classic kid-cool, as in it reminds me of my crazy drawings from when I was a kid. That lights some serious nostagla in me! Speaking of that, though: MAN, Dragon Blaster Skeletor! That was my only Skeletor back in the day, so I'm seriously looking forward to him. The dragon's head-fulla-teeth are freaky and cool, though I'll wait to really judge it until I see some more angles of it. I'm thinking I'm gona love it, though. As with Draego-Man, I was hoping for an opening and closing mouth; I was also hoping that it would look normal off Skelly's back, but the ability to take it off alone is good enough for me. I can probably rig something to make the dragon look good off his back anyway! One way or another those tiny complaints in no way hinder how much I am looking forward to him. SO cool that they also decided to give his buck a little classic tweak. I love it when the variants change a bit more than you expect!

All this adds up to an almost impossible wait for the upcoming SDCC news. Not only are we gona see more of these guys, but there's probably gona be a finished Frosta and who knows what else. Prices are going up across the board for all toys, but nothing can stop me from being excited for MotUC. I'm still down for subs and I'm still in until this line dies of it's own accord. Any and all additions are welcome for me, and I am amazed that they can still surprise me after all that we've already gotten.
    Last edited by Alexx; June 12, 2012 at 08:42pm.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

^ this is what the positivity thread is all about. The figures are not always going to impress all of us but if we look at it from a positive point of view then we can get our own enjoyment out of them.

Spector as a whole is not great but the mini Cosmic Key is awesome and the missing green bullet from the leg holster is a great touch. Just these items is enough to make me like the figure.

I still enjoy the bios, each and every time they are revealed. I don't need any deep meaning in the story I just need to be entertained and they do that well.

Spikor is coming out again for the first time in 27 years. That is something to be positive about. It is freakin' Spikor

I'm pumped up for Dragon Blaster Skeletor. I love the parts they used for Skelly and hope they don't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeto Bot View Post
    I'm pumped up for Dragon Blaster Skeletor. I love the parts they used for Skelly and hope they don't change.
    Me too! I can easily see him becoming my definitave Skeletor! I'm considering buying two and doing an armor swap. Did it with my vintage and may have to repeat....he's just THAT awesome!

Heroic Warrior
    A year ago, I wasn't even aware this line existed (I'd gotten out of the figure hobby about a decade ago). Stumbling across Pixel Dan's reviews on Youtube helped re-open the MOTU world to me and I haven't stopped since. I absolutely love where this line is at right now. One of the major pluses to me is that the line is staying consistent; beyond the switch from "old school" style figure designs being dropped favor of the "McFarlane" style, one of the biggest turn-offs of collecting for me has been the way lines constantly reboot, with constant changes to scale, directions, etc. I don't think I can ever start collecting Marvel or DC figures again because of this; there's just far too many variations. MOTUC on the other hand, hasn't changed. That's good, IMHO.

I'll admit I was underwhelmed by Spector and Laser-Lot at first, but both have grown on me, especially Laser-Lot (though I *do* wish they'd gone through with adding some red in the waist area).

I love the way Mattel is bringing together so many different corners of the franchise to create one cohesive line. To see all the different "He-Man universes" come together in one story and figure line is something I never even dreamed was really ever going to happen. Yet here we are. The variants make sense, with some being "wow, I never thought of that one" types (Really, who out there ever even thought twice about a Preternia He-Man figure existing?).

And I'm absolutely in love with the mythology that's being created to tie everything together. Is all of it the way *I* would have written it? Of course not. But it's fascinating to me, nonetheless, and as a fan of sci-fi/fantasy mythologies, they're doing a pretty good job.

I can't wait to see what new surprises are forthcoming. Maybe I'll finally see that Fang Man figure I've been wanting since I was six. Or maybe the next con exclusive will be something totally off-the-wall, like Unemployed Skeletor. The fact that the next announcement could be anything from Ram Man to Lodar to Songster gives me a level of anticipation and enthusiasm I haven't experienced for a toy line since the days I would walk into K-Mart as a child and discover there were new MOTU or GI Joe or Transformers I didn't have yet.

This is the first toy line since maybe the original Ninja Turtles run where I find myself just absolutely engrossed in things, and I kinda missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    A year ago, I wasn't even aware this line existed (I'd gotten out of the figure hobby about a decade ago). Stumbling across Pixel Dan's reviews on Youtube helped re-open the MOTU world to me and I haven't stopped since. I absolutely love where this line is at right now. One of the major pluses to me is that the line is staying consistent; beyond the switch from "old school" style figure designs being dropped favor of the "McFarlane" style, one of the biggest turn-offs of collecting for me has been the way lines constantly reboot, with constant changes to scale, directions, etc. I don't think I can ever start collecting Marvel or DC figures again because of this; there's just far too many variations. MOTUC on the other hand, hasn't changed. That's good, IMHO.

I'll admit I was underwhelmed by Spector and Laser-Lot at first, but both have grown on me, especially Laser-Lot (though I *do* wish they'd gone through with adding some red in the waist area).

I love the way Mattel is bringing together so many different corners of the franchise to create one cohesive line. To see all the different "He-Man universes" come together in one story and figure line is something I never even dreamed was really ever going to happen. Yet here we are. The variants make sense, with some being "wow, I never thought of that one" types (Really, who out there ever even thought twice about a Preternia He-Man figure existing?).

And I'm absolutely in love with the mythology that's being created to tie everything together. Is all of it the way *I* would have written it? Of course not. But it's fascinating to me, nonetheless, and as a fan of sci-fi/fantasy mythologies, they're doing a pretty good job.

I can't wait to see what new surprises are forthcoming. Maybe I'll finally see that Fang Man figure I've been wanting since I was six. Or maybe the next con exclusive will be something totally off-the-wall, like Unemployed Skeletor. The fact that the next announcement could be anything from Ram Man to Lodar to Songster gives me a level of anticipation and enthusiasm I haven't experienced for a toy line since the days I would walk into K-Mart as a child and discover there were new MOTU or GI Joe or Transformers I didn't have yet.

This is the first toy line since maybe the original Ninja Turtles run where I find myself just absolutely engrossed in things, and I kinda missed that.
    That's awesome man! Like you I started buying this year and as of April I am completely caught up! This line is so fun to have cluttering my office. I knew it existed from its inception but was not able to procure the figures because of tbe woman in my life at the time. Flash-forward 3 years and I am the happiest man alive! Opening each figure brings a smile and sharing my joy with my wife, whether she wants me to or not, is a blast.Regardless of the issues this is the best line of figures ever.

Here's to another great set of reveals at SDCC. Keep the line coming boys as there's something in there for almost everyone!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Lots of great reveals - looking forward to the months ahead