Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positivity Threadů

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    <3 After five years of waiting, I'm finally going to get Ram-Man. <3
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I was stuck in traffic reading the reveals and I was ecstatic. Cannot wait to get Rattlor and have a triple threat with Grizzlor and Fisto! King He-Man is surprisingly amazing and Ram Man is a manimal!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty much everything is bloody amazing, the only real "boring" reveal was Dekker but at least it gets us another Eternian brother! Procrustus is basically a fine arts sculpture it's so gorgeous, King He-Man in all his glory, RAM MAN BEING A BOSS LIKE HE SHOULD BE..etc. Also Cy-Chop is the single greatest concepts OF ALL TIMES!

< looks around to make sure nobody is watching...

KISSES TG SQUARE ON THE LIPS!

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    The end of this year, and beginning of next all looks so exciting, I can't wait! I'm never going to be able to put Ram Man down once I get him.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I'm feeling the need for some positive thoughts. The fact is, there are still several weeks to make 2013 (and beyond) happen! As He-Man would say, we "have the power!!!!"

Well I just bought my two subs, so I'm sure there are plenty of others who hadn't done yet before the gloom and doom started (never intended not to sub either, just didn't make the time because I didn't feel in a rush).

Also yay, Procrustus is coming out this year!!!!!

I've heard from a lot of people that they are simply waiting to get paid to buy a sub. For me this isn't until August 1st and I know some others who are in the same boat. I think our community is prone to trigger responses and, with all of the passion involved, many people can get freaked out easily. Let's see where things stand after the subscription sale is over
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN ů INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I am positive that folks will sub over the next few weeks. I am feeling confident the line will be safe for 2013. This is the best line ever and we are all fans!
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I am positive that folks will sub over the next few weeks. I am feeling confident the line will be safe for 2013. This is the best line ever and we are all fans!
    I agree. Well I really just hope so as I really want this line to keep going. Keep with the positive thoughts people!!!

Widget
    I can't wait for Ram Man and Jitsu, both look fantastic.
    I've gone on holiday by mistake

Personally I think we'll get enough to make 2013 happen. If ToyGuru reworks the 2014 schedule I honestly think it'll help as people will know they're getting more requested characters. Might push us into 2015 as well since 2014 might do well.

At any rate I'm looking forward to more great figures!
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    Personally I think we'll get enough to make 2013 happen. If ToyGuru reworks the 2014 schedule I honestly think it'll help as people will know they're getting more requested characters. Might push us into 2015 as well since 2014 might do well.

At any rate I'm looking forward to more great figures!
    Best case scenario!!! Lets hope it works like that!!!

Everything that's been shown looks fantastic! I've got my sub for next year…I'm sure a lot are/were holding out till they got paid. Thank the Sorceress for this thread! Keep the positive thoughts going!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Some updates via Pixel Dan's twitter:

Talking with ToyGuru for RGD right now. Good info: 2014 will NOT have a price increase. So 2013 increase will hold for a few years.

ToyGuru has 2013 mapped out. Legal wont let him announce all of the figures. He would if he could.
    2014 promises to complete the vintage MOTU figures and core PoP and NA. Its already figured out. Does NOT mean 2014 is def the end though.
    It all depends on how sales are.
    2013 subscription sales are about 60 - 70 percent less than last year st this time. That's the reason for his posts.
    However, ToyGuru is sure that they will hit the minimum, and 2013 will be fine. But subscribers are needed. So that's the best way to help.
    ToyGuru: "Best way to say it, if you invest for 2 more years, you'll have pretty much everyone." He three out names like Scorpia.
    After 2014 they can go down to 6 figures a year to get out the more obscure or fan demanded figures.
    ToyGuru: "When Classics does finish, MOTU as a brand won't go away. It will continue, possibly with new toy lines."

Mattel realizes MOTU is an important brand. It'll be like Transformers, Star Wars, etc...ToyGuru promises MOTU wont go away.
    Source

I am very happy to hear that the person in charge of this line is sure that 2013 will get enough subscriptions, and that we can possibly rest a little easier knowing that all of the terrific figures we were recently introduced to will become a reality and show up on our doorsteps. Also very good news is Mattel's plans to narrow the focus of the line after 2014 so that fan favorite and obscure characters can make their way into our collections before the life of the line comes to its inevitable end. As we continue to encourage people to subscribe and support the line, it is very exciting to think of what new figures we can expect to see as the rest of 2013 is revealed.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; July 22, 2012 at 01:10pm.

I have wondered this from the beginning. Avengers maked $600+ million. Hero movies are doing great with the public. A huge push for a He-man movie would make this line in more a hurry to finish up and get a movie and new line. With that said...

I HAVE COMPLETE FAITH IN THIS BRAND AND TOYGURU! I truly believe he will try to whats best for the line and no one should be worried about motuc. I think these next couple years will produce the best selection of characters and everyone should be excited for the new movie and will come out and hopefully will be a hit!

Having spent my life in MGMT I see alot of things that he wants to say so bad and cannot. He tries to get stuff out there. STAY POSITVE PEOPLE!
    THIS LINE WILL CONTINUE TO DO WELL!

We all love MOTU and all have our own wants to give us what we feel is a complete collections. He has done a pretty good job overall getting us a variety of Characters and factions.
    I TRULY BELIEVE WILL GET MOST OF OUR WANTS. HE WILL NOT LET US DOWN!
    Last edited by T-man; July 22, 2012 at 01:33pm.

I've really enjoyed collecting and have a sub for next year simply because I love the line. The reveals were nice (I even like the Foe people). If the line continues, then it's a plus and if it ends, I don't regret collecting one bit.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Share your most positive and memorable MOTUC story!

I looked and did not see another thread like this. So please remove if I over looked it!

I figured I'd start a thread that would leave little to no room for negativity, and use it to share this awesome story.

I travel a lot for my job, and recently (past couple years), I began traveling to a little unknown town in Indiana called New Castle. Their claim to fame is having the largest high school basketball gymnasium in America. There used to be a large Chrysler plant here which employed most of the towns residence, but it went out of business after the economic decline post 9-11, leaving literally most of the town unemployed. As a result many local businesses failed and the town is merely shadow of what it once was economically.
    When I began coming here, I would entertain myself with local dining, and exploration of the town, but this only excited me for so long. I befriended a guy at the facility I visited, as he was a comic guy so I figured he could at least point me to the nearest comics and collectible shop, even if it meant driving out of New Castle to find one, but unfortunately he said he traveled pretty far to fetch his goods.
    All this changed this year! The last time I visited here, my new friend told me a comic shop had just opened here in town, and he knowing that I am a MOTU lover, informed me that the shop had Masters figures. As soon as I got a chance, I left work and drove over to the shop only to find they did in fact have MOTU figs! And MOTU Classics at that! This was amazing to me, as I couldn't believe that in this small town there was a retailer carrying these! I am from Louisville, KY and rarely can I find these at collectible shops, but this country town comics dealer had a great selection. This is where I bought my Tytus, Palace Gaurds, first run Skeletor, and even Scare Glow! Even better the regular figures were only $20.00! And Megator was an even $40.00. This guy has all kinds of Matty Collector stuff.
    I was curious as to how and why he was selling it all so cheaply, and he said his brother hooks him up. I really didinto questioning, but I had the impression that his brother was liquidating his whole collection.
    Anyway, I just wanted to share this, because this experience to me has made this toyline well worth it's every flaw. The good has most definitely out weighed the bad in this case. To be able to go back to my hotel room and stare into a little plastic prison containing a Scare Glow purchased in the worlds most boring city was an unexpected but indescribably cool experience! -Joey

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Mine isn't about memory, it's more a state of mind.

I suffer from depression, have high-functioning autism (not Aspergers, apparently) and both parents died far too young (mum, 53 and dad 66, only last August) - Boo hoo, no fishing for sympathy here. But the days do seem very long and dark at times... when they do, all I have to do is watch an episode of Filmation's Masters of the Universe or Princess of Power and it lifts me up immensely. The warmth, wit and charisma of these series is joyous, and affects me in ways that no other 80's nostalgia trip can. It's like someone shining a light into my soul when I put a DVD on, and the feeling is hard to convey without sounding too trite or clichÚd (probably too late, on that score!). I can barely sit through a 20-minute GI Joe or Transformers episode without getting restless and tuning out these days, but the MOTU univere is just so magical that it penetrates on a whole different level.

The Classics figures have a similar effect; the sheer thrill of getting a new release is a tonic, and the notion that we might be losing them has me mortified.
    Last edited by redsquadron; July 27, 2012 at 02:39pm.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

With all the fond memories of MoTU, from first seeing them in stores in 82, receiving He-Man, Skeletor, and Beast Man a few months later for my birthday, to watching the debut of the MYP series with my new born daughter in my lap, I have to say my best memory is when King Grayskull arrived at my house.

When King Grayskull was first announced I asked my son (11 years old at the time) if he wanted one also? He said no as he had become interested in other toylines at that time. When my King Grayskull arrived he was completely wowed at how awesome of a figure it was. He HAD to have one now but the problem was reseller prices had gotten up to $70. I told him that since I had offered to buy him one with mine but he said no, and now it was over 3 times the original price, he would have to buy it on his own. He said okay and the next day he started offering to wash cars of friends and family. Within a week he had washed enough cars and even mowed a lawn to earn enough money. He gave me the money and I ordered the figure off of eBay. When the package arrived he was so thrilled to have that figure and to see the look on his face when he broke open the box was absolutely priceless. Since then I have purchased 2 subs every year for the both of us and still to this day the SDCC King Grayskull is his favorite figure of any toyline.

One of my birthdays:

One of my collection shots:

My son opening his SDCC King Grayskull:

Found my old breakfast plate in my parents storage:

Last edited by jerec350; July 27, 2012 at 03:40pm.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Wow, these are absolutely priceless stories guys! There is so much passion fueling this line!

I think we're going to make it! I just have a really good feeling about 2013... I've already bought 2 subs and might push it up to 4 just give the line an extra oomph. I gots to have my POP and NA though at some point too. Can't wait for the next reveals! And Strobo is awesome! Bring on the concept characters! Bring on Castle Grayskull Man! Bring on the movie!

My fingers are crossed! I think we're gonna make it too…but man oh man it's nerve wracking! lol
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

A great time to be a MOTU Fan!

Now that 2013 sub a palooza is over, I think it's time to reflect on just how robust MOTU is right now. Today we got issue #4 of the 99 cent comics, we still have 6 issues left of DC mini series (including the Skeletor one shot). And 2 more mini comics approaching. We have been told that the movie is going forward with a new director and we know that the line is alive for at least another year and a half... if a movie comes out, you can bet there will be movie based toys. The movie could lead to a relaunched cartoon... who knows? We are getting Granamyr, Snake soldiers, Mosquitor... rumors of Horder Troopers.. RAM-MAN! We will surpass the hundred figure mark very soon... all in all, times are pretty goof for the MOTU fan. Enjoy the Journey!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Now that 2013 sub a palooza is over, I think it's time to reflect on just how robust MOTU is right now. Today we got issue #4 of the 99 cent comics, we still have 6 issues left of DC mini series (including the Skeletor one shot). And 2 more mini comics approaching. We have been told that the movie is going forward with a new director and we know that the line is alive for at least another year and a half... if a movie comes out, you can bet there will be movie based toys. The movie could lead to a relaunched cartoon... who knows? We are getting Granamyr, Snake soldiers, Mosquitor... rumors of Horder Troopers.. RAM-MAN! We will surpass the hundred figure mark very soon... all in all, times are pretty goof for the MOTU fan. Enjoy the Journey!
    Yeah Man! I love the tune your singing!

HD figures on youtube
    goof for the MOTU fan.
    Zing......