Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positivity Threadů

I was thinking about posting on this thread yesterday!
    We can use some positivity here!!
    I honestly am stoked about the upcoming months and next year!
    I'm sure we'll see a sea of MOTU awesomeness and I for one cannot wait!!

Really excited about Mekaneck and despite all the rude comments by some people, I'll give my full support to TG and this line!
    MOTUC rocks!!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I am excited for the remainder of 2012: Mekanek, Snake Men, Frosta, Cy-Chop, Rattlor... And that's just the next two months. I'm happy to get new MOTUC figures and will not take them for granted.

I'm more excited now than I was when the line began. I know that might sound funny, but this will be the third time that I've owned most of these characters. Don't get me wrong, I love them all and still get excited when get each one. But now, we get the tail end of the line figures that a lot of us never had, the NA figures in classics style (even some jaded fans think they are BA), the filmation and 200X that were never made (200X evil seed please).

To me, this is where this line is really gonna get interesting. Now if we can just get another vehicle or two, oh and ah yeah CASTLE GRAYSKULL, please.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I still think 2012 has had one of the best lineups yet and I can't wait to see what 2013 all has in store
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Seeing this thread presented is refreshing. Sometimes I think this is the only thread I'm gong to read anymore. I am so excited for this months figures. I have a comicon coming up right after the time I should be receiving them so lots of good things to look forward to.

check out my art!:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...m%2Fgallery%2F

Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    I'm more excited now than I was when the line began. I know that might sound funny, but this will be the third time that I've owned most of these characters. Don't get me wrong, I love them all and still get excited when get each one. But now, we get the tail end of the line figures that a lot of us never had, the NA figures in classics style (even some jaded fans think they are BA), the filmation and 200X that were never made (200X evil seed please).

To me, this is where this line is really gonna get interesting. Now if we can just get another vehicle or two, oh and ah yeah CASTLE GRAYSKULL, please.
    Exactly my feelings - but we need more than one or two vehicles! We need all the vehicles! (... yeah, in my dreams ...)
    It is interesting that once Toyguru said in RGD that he planned the line in a way so that all the D-listers are not left until the end of the line. He mentioned few names as D-listers - like Ninjor, Blast-Attack, Butt-Head and Nocturna. When I heard it I was like - WHAT?!?! These are exactly characters I am waiting for. ... still remember when my mother went for a business trip to England and brought me Nocturna ... I have to wait till 2015 now. Aaarrggh!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    Exactly my feelings - but we need more than one or two vehicles! We need all the vehicles! (... yeah, in my dreams ...)
    It is interesting that once Toyguru said in RGD that he planned the line in a way so that all the D-listers are not left until the end of the line. He mentioned few names as D-listers - like Ninjor, Blast-Attack, Butt-Head and Nocturna. When I heard it I was like - WHAT?!?! These are exactly characters I am waiting for. ... still remember when my mother went for a business trip to England and brought me Nocturna ... I have to wait till 2015 now. Aaarrggh!
    Unfortunately now that the original Roadmap is gone, Nocturna's release is up in the air. I hope that he, and other NA Galactic Protectors, come sooner rather than later.

Heroic Warrior
    I think this should be the only thread I look at anymore. Go MOTUC! I too love these figures and don't take any of them for granted, black plastic or not. Plus I love the 2012 lineup and am excited for 2013!

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I have a strong feeling that we will get all of the figures at some point whether the subs go on or not... they may be a little more spread out over time and more expensive... but we will have them! Let's keep this thread at the top!!

Isnt it crazy that Pixel Dan has posted like 5 video review in the past week or so and all this negativity? I am so stoked about the next few months, I cant wait to get each months box of joy!

In one of the Q+A's today TG posted that he didn't see why we couldn't go into 2015 and 2016 with Motuc (with mgmt approval of course ) I mean, at least that some good news in the sense that we could still have more years of life yet with Motuc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I have a strong feeling that we will get all of the figures at some point whether the subs go on or not... they may be a little more spread out over time and more expensive... but we will have them! Let's keep this thread at the top!!
    I think you're right. I'm sure that even if the sub goes away we will still get Motuc figures in some form, maybe like how Masterpiece Transformers come out periodically

I'm REALLY looking forward to everything that's coming out with MotU in the coming future! Just got my castle ordered! Keep the goodies coming!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Am I the only one who finds the accidental allowance of DB Skelly and Snake Men 2-packs that went out at a reduced price to 50 lucky fans as a good thing? Granted, not a good thing across the board, but finally a DR screw up worked in favor of the customer!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Am I the only one who finds the accidental allowance of DB Skelly and Snake Men 2-packs that went out at a reduced price to 50 lucky fans as a good thing? Granted, not a good thing across the board, but finally a DR screw up worked in favor of the customer!
    Conspiracy Keanu believes that this was a test for the pre-sale system

But I agree, it was a good thing.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the Snake Men, part of my enjoyment of this collection is customization and I can't wait to get my hands on a few extra pairs of those Snakes and giving them a paintjob, they look awesome!
    Something which draws me back into this line whenever I feel burned out, we get so much cool releases of great characters every month, can't beat that. Waves of other lines come in... Well waves, and that makes the void of not having anything new all the bigger (at least to me). I'm actually psyched for all the releases coming now, each and every one, can't say that for any other line that I collect.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Really excited about Mekaneck and despite all the rude comments by some people, I'll give my full support to TG and this line!
    MOTUC rocks!!!
    I was looking forward to getting my hands on Mekaneck to begin with, as he's one figure closer to completing the classic MOTU lineup. Then, earlier this week, as I was looking at some pictures of the MOTUC figure, I realized:

Mekaneck is what it would look like if Jack Kirby designed a MOTUC figure!

I mean, he's got that angular helmet and vest, the oversized war club and impossibly long neck with all that detailed circuitry - it's totally Kirbyesque, like something out of the New Gods or the 60s Fantastic Four. As a huge Silver Age comics fan, this new way of looking at Mekaneck just made him 1000% more awesome in my book... and I thought he was going to be pretty awesome to begin with.

Aside from digging the MOTUC series I also like pie.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1138 View Post
    Aside from digging the MOTUC series I also like pie.
    Wow it looks like I have something more than He-man in common with someone on these forums. My favorite is pumpkin and I hope to be eating a slice(s) in October on my B-day with Rattlor in hand!

I absolutely love this line.
    There's been very little for me to complain about since I started collecting, I've been fortunate enough to have no major QC issues and those that I have had have been easily fixed.
    I hope the line continues long enough for me to get all my favourite characters!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Quote Originally Posted by Ayota View Post
    Wow it looks like I have something more than He-man in common with someone on these forums. My favorite is pumpkin and I hope to be eating a slice(s) in October on my B-day with Rattlor in hand!
    OK guys, this thread is starting to be very interesting One of my favorite things to do is to enjoy looking at my MOTUC collection while eating pancakes! Love MOTUC and pancakes!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    I like MOTUC and Metal... couldn't live without either one.

I also like pancakes, but popcorn is my favorite food.

I just got a Count Marzo figure. I tried searching up his talkback thread but couldn't find it (I think I got a lot of false positives because of our resident black flower peddler). Since I couldn't find his thread, I'll post in this one because he is totally awesome! What is the problem people had with him? I always see him referenced in as the example of "hyper anime detail". Is this a bit of satire that went over my head, or do people really think he's too detailed? He doesn't look that way to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    or do people really think he's too detailed? He doesn't look that way to me.
    No. He's one of the best in teh lien IMHO
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Evil Apologist of Mattel« Count Marzo's Avatar
    I just got a Count Marzo figure. I tried searching up his talkback thread but couldn't find it (I think I got a lot of false positives because of our resident black flower peddler). Since I couldn't find his thread, I'll post in this one because he is totally awesome! What is the problem people had with him? I always see him referenced in as the example of "hyper anime detail". Is this a bit of satire that went over my head, or do people really think he's too detailed? He doesn't look that way to me.
    Here's the original Count Marzo thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-Marzo-Thread-!

The only one that thought he was "too detailed" was Mattel themselves. The only problem some people complained about him were loose ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    No. He's one of the best in teh lien IMHO
    Yes, yes he is.
    -=ĄEvilC°untMarz°Ą=-
    BL┼ăK FLěW╦RŐ!!!!

What is the problem people had with him? I always see him referenced in as the example of "hyper anime detail". Is this a bit of satire that went over my head, or do people really think he's too detailed? He doesn't look that way to me.
    Marzo didn't have a vintage figure in the 80s, and some fans have a irrational hatred of 200x compared to the vintage stuff. This spills over onto Marzo. I'm a mix and match kind of guy. There are various things from 200x I prefer, and various things from the vintage that I prefer.

Some fans insist Marzo doesn't fit in the line, but he's 75% reused He-Man/Skeletor parts, and there is more detailing on Beastman, Whiplash, Vikor, Demo-Man, and Draego Man than there is on Marzo.

Seriously, really look at Beastman's face and the paint app - it's beautifully detailed. Look at all the nicks, scratches, and the lines on Beastman's shoulder pads. Even the straps on the shoulder pads are detailed. Beastman has far more "Hyper anime detail" on him than Marzo.

But Beastman is vintage, so he gets a pass.

Because the classics Marzo figure is a translation of the 200x/MYP version, and there is no other frame of reference for that design outside of the MYP cartoon, they scream "Hyper anime detail! Doesn't fit in the line!!"

For a long time I thought He-Ro stuck out like a sore thumb due to the color scheme and the hi-tech/space age super hero elements, but He-Ro was vintage so a lot of fans just blindly gave him a pass while they complained about Marzo in the same breath.

Count Marzo actually fixed the problem I had with He-Ro. The two of them side by side look good. I have no problems with He-ro now, because there are now other figures that compliment his design. Marzo and He-Ro sort of look like Jack Kirby characters to me.

So yeah, there's nothing wrong with Marzo, he fits perfectly with the other figures, and is truly one of the best figures produced in the line.

Beastman and Count Marzo rock.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; September 15, 2012 at 05:40pm.

Evil Apologist of Mattel« Count Marzo's Avatar
    BTW, hadley, thanks for making me look up that original Count Marzo thread. That was a time when there was NOT ONE SINGLE BAD THING TO SAY about these figures unlike our current state. Just read that thread again and there is no complaining, crying, or anything. Not even any "nit picking".
    -=ĄEvilC°untMarz°Ą=-
    BL┼ăK FLěW╦RŐ!!!!