Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positivity Threadů

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    BTW, hadley, thanks for making me look up that original Count Marzo thread. That was a time when there was NOT ONE SINGLE BAD THING TO SAY about these figures unlike our current state. Just read that thread again and there is no complaining, crying, or anything. Not even any "nit picking".
    Aahhhh .... wish those times came back ...
    ... but we still have the Positivity Thread!

Pajama Cartoon Pancake Party Saturday Morning Eternos Palace Games Room Toy Give Away
    just thinkn...

Heroic Warrior
    I am glad they jumped on top of the black plastic issue. I thought the rest of 2012 would have to suffer, but it's nice that they could catch it at Dekker. Good for ToyGuru looking into that in comparatively quick fashion.

It's also nice to know they can still fix figures in the 11th hour of production, when they alluded to that they couldn't. I'll be remembering this for later

Heroic Podcaster
    I am thrilled to get Ram Man, Jitsu, Mekanek, Snake Men, Rattlor, Dekker, Mosquitor, Procrustus, Granamyr and Dragon Blaster Skeletor all in the next 6 months or so. Even Filmation Randor and Fang Man have me interested! That's a ton of awesome figures in a relatively short time!

I also sold most of my other collections except for my two favorites, one of which is MOTUC of course, and then had the room to move all my Classics over to the same wall. They are all in Zolo cases so the whole wall has this grid of MOTUC figures on it and it looks way cooler all together like that. I left certain spots empty (with empty Zolo cases hung there) to get ready for the upcoming figures I'll keep like Mekaneck and Jitsu, etc.

This in turn cleared the previous half wall for my new passion - MOC vintage collecting! My first 8 figures arrived this week so my overall MOTU collection has gotten way better!

Great time to be a MOTU fan!
    Last edited by SunDevil; September 21, 2012 at 09:23am.
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Snappy Threader
    I am very happy to see TG being active in looking into the black plastic issue and the zig zag orders. Shows he truly cares about the line and he wants to boost it's popularity by trying to knock out these problems.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I am very happy to see TG being active in looking into the black plastic issue and the zig zag orders. Shows he truly cares about the line and he wants to boost it's popularity by trying to knock out these problems.
    Agreed... I really feel for the guy and hope he does all he can for the line. We are really fortunate that he is a true fan of Motu.

I can safely say that if it were anyone else as brand manager we probably wouldn't have as many great characters as we have today. ToyGuru does an awesome job.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
    I can safely say that if it were anyone else as brand manager we probably wouldn't have as many great characters as we have today. ToyGuru does an awesome job.
    I couldn't agree more.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Castle FREAKING Grayskull!!!

This shows A LOT of goodwill towards this line and fan community. Kudos to Toyguru on this one, it couldn't have come at a better time with all the negativity as of late surrounding the black plastic issue.

GOOD JOURNEY FELLOW COLLECTORS!!!

Joy and rapture! I can't wait to preorder Grayskull!!!! And the three figure reveals were awesome!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Today's reveals were awesome. Snake Face turned out awesome and will help to complete the trio of individual characters that I think are the coolest looking from the vintage line (Scare Glow, Mosquitor and Snake Face), Octavia adds another female to our ranks and Filmation character at the same time and Karatti helps to bolster the Space Mutants.

The main course from these reveals is of course Castle Grayskull which many of us have been clamoring for since the start. I can only hope that they do it right for the $200 price range and plan ahead for the possibility of Point Dread and the Talon Fighter!

Kudos for these reveals!
    Last edited by Jean; September 22, 2012 at 05:48pm.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    The main course from these reveals is of course Castle Grayskull which many of us have been clamoring for since the start. I can only hope that they do it right for the $200 price range and plan ahead for the possibility of Point Dread and the Talon Fighter!
    Sure, I'm buying a Castle Grayskull as soon as they put it up for preorder, but personally, I'm most excited about the look of Snake Face. Something about that head sculpt (the 'normal' version) and the chest armor just 'sell' the whole figure for me. I was a bit disappointed at first that they weren't going with Lung Lashor as the third Snake Man, but now, I'm perfectly fine with them getting to Snake Face before T.L. Octavia and Karatti look fine, too (and I'm sure I'll completely mark out over them when I get them in-hand, just like every other MOTUC figure).

Heroic Warrior
    Great reveals all around.
    And they are really stepping up on fixing things that has gone awry. This I take as a huge big glowing sign of "we are doing all we can to please you fans". Kudos to all the effort that has gone into this lately - from the packages that have gone all over, to the fixing of the black bodies being painted to now the free gift and refund for those that want it on Frosta. They are making a huge effort, more so then any other toy company I have come across.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Grayskull is the panicle of the series. This is so ridiculously great.

I just read the comics again last night (expecting DBS today), and actually really really enjoyed both of them, and highly anticipate the final chapter.

I'll give Scott some props on some things. I like 95% of what he's done and coming at those comics from a "hey, I have some time and want to have fun" perspective made me want to give him a nerdy high five. I was holding a mini comic for MOTU and waiting for the next one. Just like the good ol' days. The pics of the pre-ternia gang toward the end of the book just made the line seem awesome and like a great continuation. I've learned not to look into MOTUC when I'm in a foul mood. Ruins it for me. When I'm enjoying myself, then I'll kick back with some toys, and it amplifies the feeling.

So now I'm hoping for good things with the Son of He-Man thing!
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad!

Today DB Skeletor, Mekaneck and the Snake Men arrived. After unpacking them, I had to rearrange my display and when I finished it, I made two steps back to see all my figures at once...and....wow.

Such an amazing collection!
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Wow, I wish I'd found this thread sooner! It's amazing how a little positivity can lift a person's spirits. And I agree, now that 'sub madness' month is behind us we can now concentrate on all of the goodness ahead, and absolutely Sept is going to be a bumper crop month! In fact I'm glad that I don't have multiple subs (this year anyway, 2013 is another story) this year because 3 regular figures and a box set x4 (the number of subs I picked up for 2013) would be heady stuff! In fact I don't think my bank acct could handle the strain!

Can I ask where this particular meme started? I've heard it mentioned a few times and obviously saw Toy Guru wearing the shirt, but its origins escape me.
    Its from the 200x era I have heard through this or Toyark. Scott has some awesome He-man shirts that is for sure. I was just on Redbubble.com and they did as well! But besides the frustration of getting Shadow Weaver I have had the best time with this toy line. I haven't stepped foot into a toystore in months! Everything is ebay or matty collector or here! So easy right to my door!

Heroic Podcaster
    Starting to get crazy excited for Procrustus all of a sudden. Just never thought we'd see him, and such a huge toy to boot!

Snake Face next year is amazing - gives me hope for the other 'harder-to-sculpt' figures like Extendar and Sssqueeze!
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

I'm on your boat. I've always wanted Procrustus even as a kid. Really excited for Rattlor, he should be showing up right on or around my B-day!

check out my art:
    http://ayotaartwork.deviantart.com/gallery/

- - - Updated - - -

Plus I might win TOD Sorceress today. crossing fingers!

Update: I WON!!
    Last edited by Ayota; October 4, 2012 at 04:46pm. Reason: update

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayota View Post
    Plus I might win TOD Sorceress today. crossing fingers!

Update: I WON!!

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine! I bought one on Ebay and finally got a chance to open and display it this weekend, and it's shocking how cool she is, even though the figure is pretty close to a straight repaint. I think the subtle grey/blue shading really adds a lot to the figure and, of course, the Superball of Grayskull looks that much better when placed on its pedestal. Just another great, great addition to the MOTUC line.

Thrashor loves you all, and will not eat your shins.

Today.
    The most radical zombie, in all Eternia!
    YouTube: Mal TV - Metal, Toys, Video Games, & Beyond!

Toyguru (Scott) , Four horsemen Thank you!

Hi folks , As a fan of the MOTUC line I wanted to say thank you to Toyguru & the Four Horsemen for such a great toy line .That through out the little things ( very minor issues when you look at this line)have brought us a vast ,wonderful line of figures from our youth, that are here today for us to enjoy! I wanted to start this thread of appreciation for Scott and the Four Horsemen & MATTEL..... For a truly Outstanding line of figures! I had my first opportunity to go to Nycc 2012 & I was blown away how Mattel was the best booth in the whole place, with the longest line! Before Yesterday I never thought I would go to a con , I live 5 states away right out side of Washington, D.C.! It was truly Awesome to say the least.But the greatest thing was meeting Scott briefly, this Brother is on fire for the line! It made me feel overwhelmed he has been leading the Motuc ship! He Loves this just like most of us here. He's put a lot of T.L.C. into this line & exceed even my very high expectations! This is the best toy line around period! This is all I collect whole heartedly.. a few things from other lines here and there.. I'm a Huge fan of wrestling... I'm training for it now..lol( Scott that's why I asked was pixel Dan there..lol) I stopped collecting WWE stuff right before Mattel took over, (Great job there also!) I stopped to focus on MOTUC my first Love in toys! The biggest highlight for me yesterday wasn't the surprisingly quick trip My wife my wife made to Nyc (Although I Truly, Deeply appreciate it!)( I know She was Irritated by me & Me a grown man fawning over Toys!) But the highlight was me face to Face shaking Scott's hand & Saying thank you for the outstanding job you have done for the best toy line on earth...I'm Rapidly approaching 30.. this is the Sole reason I buy Action Figures...Thank You again Scott, The Four Horsemen,& Mattel for Keeping He-Man alive & not an 80's footnote! And thank you for the Best Collectors Line in the Universe!

Ditto .
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I also would like to thank my wife for Nycc.. with out her this would not be possible! Gotta give it up to our wive who put up with us as well as love us ( Tolerate us..lol, and our love for everything MOTUC !)

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Yeah, Scott takes all the flack and gets no thanks. Thanks for all the great work Scott.

The four horsemen are just amazing at everything and are gods among men.. haha. Seriously all the work is appreciated by this he-fan!!

Keep up the great work guys and gals who work on this line!!!

I agree, credit where credits due! A lot of promises kept recently and a lot of hard work IMO for the future has went in trying to keep us fans happy. 2013 and onwards looks to be a very happy place for MOTU in general
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

Positive trades; Nightcraw