Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positivity Threadů

So someone asked about the sales for the Castle on Matty and TG replied that the sales exceeded their expectations, he was asking about sales after the original pre-sale closed. So I remember that when the Castle was advertised they said they showed the minimum and I thought they said if it sold through well, then they would add extras. I am so excited to see what else they might add. NYTF should give us our first glimpse of the castle and then maybe they will tell us of what else they may have planned! I cant wait, only 30 more days to probably 4 or more new figure reveals. Time is crawling by!

This month is a big one for me...Besides the awesome Mosquitor, Procrustus, Granamyr, and Netossa figures that came in, I also received the last figures that I needed to catch up on my MOTUC collection! Within 12 months of starting my collection, I was able to get everyone...And had a good time doing it. All of 2012 DOS went smoothly, figures with reported issues came out ok, and the collectors here on He-Man.org, combined with some strategic eBay lots, were extremely helpful. Power Con was also a fun event where it was very cool to see Toyguru, Pixel Dan, Penny Dreadful, James Eatock, Ruby Obrero and other familiar names in person. Finally, it's a pleasure to see all these MOTUC figures that bring back fond childhood memories!

Best of all, I've rediscovered my love for MOTU through this toy line and forum. I vaguely recalled some random 200X episodes but never realized how much MOTU lore that I wasn't aware of, until this year. I saw She-Ra and NA for the first time, found out that I never watched Season 2 of Filmation He-Man, enjoyed the entire 200X series, read the mini-comics archived on this site, learned about the UK, Brazilian, and newspaper comics, kept reading the bios, and immersed myself in a world that was richer than I ever remembered. For this, I have to thank this great community for showing me that MOTU is still alive and well!

MOTUC is an awesome line and I feel privileged to own this collection. I'm happy to subscribe this year and look forward to all the figures we can get!

Heroic Warrior
    I am super excited to see the reveals at NYTF and hopefully the proto sculpt of Castle Grayskull! 24 days to go. Ugh, the anticipation is killing me.

Netossa have one of the best face sculpts in the line, hands down. The 4H really knocked this one out of the park. And the paint applications on mine are perfect too.

Can't wait for Fang Man too. Wanted a figure of him since I was a kid. And his bio is well done also. Great figures this year and we are only halfway through the reveals.

Heroic Warrior
    Well, we're post Toy Fair and I for one am as excited about this line as ever. Here's why:

We're getting Castle Grayskull. Sculpted by the Horsemen, having even more features than the original. It's not the 80's, it's not the 90's. Big playsets just aren't done anymore. This is an online only, subscription based toyline, and we got a gigantic playset. That, my friends and fellow fans, is amazing. Sure, it's not as big as we thought it'd be, but by me, that's ok. I get goosebumps every time I look at the pictures from Toy Fair.

Not to be overshadowed by the castle, we're getting a Filmation subscription line. Sure, they'll still squeeze Filmation figures into the reg monthly line, but this is just one more way to get more figures into the line. Shokoti, Icer, Batros have been announced, plus Fang Man next month, and at *least* 3 more Filmation figures by the end of the year! I, for one, cannot wait!

Mantenna. That is all. 4 fully articulated legs, and add on parts to mimic his vintage action feature. This figure is perfect, and is coming out after the doom and gloom of last summer/fall. If someone had said we'll be getting a fully tooled Mantenna figure with full articulation in 2013 last year after SDCC, nobody would have believed them.

2013 doesn't feel like the end, it feels like the beginning. Toy Guru said that 2013 was going to be the most diverse year they've had, and boy was he right. For me, and I hope many others, it is the perfect mixture of figures. We've got Vintage MOTU(Ram Man, Jitsu, Clamp Champ), POP(Netossa, Castaspella), New Adventures(Karatti, NA He-Man), Filmation(Fang Man, Shokoti, Batros, Icer), fan voted figure Geldor, as well as new characters like the Fighting Foe Men and King He-Man. And that's just the stuff that's been announced. It's been strongly hinted that Horde Troopers are on the way, along with 1 more Filmation character in the main line. This year is amazing, and looks to be far from being on it's last legs.

Toy Guru gets a lot of flack for things, but being a fan isn't one of them. I truly believe that if he wasn't in charge of the line, we wouldn't even be discussing it 5 years later after the line had begun. So thank you, Toy Guru, and thank you Matty. This line is incredible, and just keeps getting better. Lets keep the momentum going!

Yeah, it's an incredibly exciting time. I can't even imagine we'd be getting all this stuff all those years ago!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I'm so excited about the FILMation sub and Castle Grayskull! What an exciting year!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

The MOTUC Appreciation Thread

So, on this forum, people get to say their piece when they do not like something without fear of retribution, which is great. But I feel like we all love this line, but sometimes we spend too much time focusing on the negative. So here's a thread dedicated to the appreciation of the MOTUC. Post here what you love about MOTUC!

First of all, let me say that I was only recently introduced to this line recently. I was a huge fan of the original 80s MOTU line when I was a kid, and I picked up a bunch of the 200X line (which I also loved). I didn't get introduced to the MOTUC line until this past Christmas when my brother got me He-Man.

I was amazed by this line right from the start. The figures themselves are amazing. I remember my friends and I would talk about what our dream action figures were look like. When I first saw that He-Man figure I knew that it was finally here IN THE FLESH. The sculpting details and paint applications are amazing. The Four Horsemen are extremely talented, and you can tell that they love the MOTU universe. They put great pains into making sure everything looks perfect. I love how their designs mix elements from across MOTU history. The toys are instantly recognizable to anyone who grew up with MOTU, while at the same time, something totally new and special.

And the articulation is miles ahead of anything I'd seen up until that point on a 6" figure. Figures with a lot of articulation have been around for a long time, but up until this point, when I've seen figures on this scale, they were usually fairly static. And when I had seen figures that were this articulated, the joints looked horrendous. But that's all different here. The joints are masterfully hidden/integrated into the designs. This, combined with the stunning paint details and sculpts makes them look like little articulated statues. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen statues that had less sculpting detail and less paint applications.

So, then I start to read a little into the history of the line. To me, Scott (ToyGuru) is amazing. His love for MOTU is the only reason this line exists the way it does. I work for a big bureaucratic corporation, so I can only imagine what he has to battle through every day. He loves MOTU, but I can guarantee you his managers don't particularly care which toy they are selling, they are only interested in the bottom line.

Not only that, but every little mistake gets blamed on him, yet he takes all the crap from fans in stride. It's his love and dedication that keeps this line going. I'm sure he has to constantly battle management, who don't love toys and are only looking to maximize profits. They see the money going into MOTUC, and they think to themselves that they could get higher returns if they invested it somewhere else. It's a miracle the line has lasted this long, and it's thanks to Scott who is willing to go to bat for us, and more importantly, the fans like YOU who have supported the line all these years.

The new Castle Grayskull to me looks incredible. First of all, it looks huge. I stacked 3 MOTUC figures end to end to get an idea for the scale of this thing at home. Holy cow, it's huge. This is one of the coolest playsets I have ever seen. The paint work and details on it looked amazing at Toy Fair. And it's NOT EVEN FINISHED. I can't wait to see what the final playset looks like, and really hope that I have room for it by the time it's released!

So far, Mattel and the Four Horsemen have delivered a line that is a stunning milestone in the history of collectible action figures. The only thing that saddens me is that this line seems like it's winding down, and will likely cease production in the next year or two. I'm jealous of everyone who's been with the line from the start, I'm sure it's been an amazing ride!

Did anyone ever think we'd be getting a CG? or a Filmation sub? wow what an amazing year and it's not even over yet! Can't wait for SDCC

Woo-hoo, the positivity thread is back

I was super excited to get Ram Man a couple weeks ago. Equally exicted to have seen Castaspella revealed at NYTF...and Mantenna's sculpt is fantastic!

Like others, I was disappointed Castle Grayskull was scaled down....but it still looks amazing! The scale still matches the MOTUC figures in the same way the vintage castle/figures and 200x castle/figures are scaled, so while it would be nice to have a more "true to size" scale, this still works perfectly fine.

Also Filmation sub = Icer, Batros, and Shokoti look wonderful, and am really excited that the secret accessory appears to belong to Sea Hawk.

Finally, Toy Guru's recent post seemed to hint at more thing to come in 2013, ans well as SDCC "reveals"....with an S! Here's hoping there is more than one item for MOTUC at this year's SDCC.

All in all, this has started out to be great year for MOTUC, and I hope we can make a strong 2014 and 2015 as well.

YES !! Castle Grayskull a little too big but Im very excited to get it this year for my Joes and my Star Wars figures!

Woot, can't wait for Castle Grayskull, the thing is going to be epic.

Also super looking forward to Strobo! He really feels like he belongs in vintage MOTU.

Totally blown away by all of the reveals this year! Fang Man, Casta, Strobo, AND Karatti all in one year? And this was all before the re-imagined road map! So amazing.

I am so excited about this year. Mantenna! Castle Grayskull! NA He-Man! Fighting Foe Man! Strobo! Ram Man! Others I'm sure I will get! Wow, what a heck of a line. How many other toy lines see such breadth and depth? On top of that, Mattel sells directly to fans. I wish Hasbro did the same thing with the Masterpiece Transformers line, for domestic releases we have to deal with Toys R Us.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I agree, I still love this line - its the only line which still gets me excited. Yes, CG could be bigger, but I'm still pumped for it, hoping it delivers, even if I do end up cancelling my pre-order, I'll still support the line/brand and get everything else.

I think this year is becoming one of the best lineups. Last year's was fantastic and this year's looks as if it will beat that. I still can't believe Mattel has given us Granamyr! I'm still in awe of that figure. And can't wait for Snake Face, Fang Man, Octavia, Mantenna, Geldor and the Foe Men! And the Filmation sub figures! Also what will SDCC bring us!?

We still have so much to look forward to!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I agree, I still love this line - its the only line which still gets me excited. Yes, CG could be bigger, but I'm still pumped for it, hoping it delivers, even if I do end up cancelling my pre-order, I'll still support the line/brand and get everything else.

I think this year is becoming one of the best lineups. Last year's was fantastic and this year's looks as if it will beat that. I still can't believe Mattel has given us Granamyr! I'm still in awe of that figure. And can't wait for Snake Face, Fang Man, Octavia, Mantenna, Geldor and the Foe Men! And the Filmation sub figures! Also what will SDCC bring us!?

We still have so much to look forward to!
    I get goosebumps every time I think of what's yet to come. For instance, if we get Horde Troopers this year at the same time we get Mantenna...I may need some valium.

I am not a toy collector. Actually I am not a collector at all.
    But this line is so great that I started to collect it in 2009, bought all the previous figures and I have a sub since then.
    Do I need to say more?

Thank you for giving subscribers a chance to get Strobo before the conventions. It has caused a lot of turmoil but I wanted to say it was nice to have the chance to own him before you can buy him so to speak... And I think the figure looks amazing.

Cannot wait for Fangman, King He-Man and Strobo!!
    And next month will be pretty awesome too!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I just received King He-man and Fangman today, and I have to say, every figure this year has been AMAZING so far. Jitsu, Ram-Man and Netossa are close to perfect too. While I have complaints about Matty...I must admit they still make incredible toys, and I will continue to support the line as long as they keep making them like this.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I just received King He-man and Fangman today, and I have to say, every figure this year has been AMAZING so far. Jitsu, Ram-Man and Netossa are close to perfect too. While I have complaints about Matty...I must admit they still make incredible toys, and I will continue to support the line as long as they keep making them like this.
    I couldnt agree more! The line is off to a great start this year with more promising figures to come
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

Heroic Warrior
    I was just able to pick up Granamyr, Netossa, Ram-Man and Jitsu last week (I have my subscription sent to my dad's house, so I have to wait until I can make it down to St. Paul from North Dakota to get my new MOTUC stuff and bring it back up here), and unpacking those four figures last week was like Christmas morning. My Granamyr went together without any problems, and I'm amazed by how well he fits in aesthetically with the MOTU and PoP figures - the Horsemen are really doing a bang-up job scaling up the detail on the Filmation characters so they fit in with the rest of the line. Ram-Man and Jitsu are exactly as I hoped they'd be. And I'm continually amazed by how good Netossa looks, as well as the fact that all of the little detail work (bracers, tops of the boots, her bodice and skirt) are completely unique sculpt elements and not reused from any other PoP character, as far as I can tell. Awesome, awesome stuff!

2014 being an ALL STAR YEAR !!!! That is the best news since Filmation - Horde Trooper / Two Bad / Stondar / Rokkon / Extendar / Scorpia / Ninjor / Rio Blast / Modulok / Dragstor / ETC...so many great figures to be made!!!!!

Fantastic year in 2014 - Very Excited!!!!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

I am very excited about this year and am excited for the SDCC reveal! I am sure it will be much better than Vykron and I know that Mattel will make enough of these to get to all the fans.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Well, everyone getting a refund for the difference on their maps this month (March '13) is kind of a positive thing!

And I just can't get over how freakin' cool Fang Man turned out!!! He looks SO good on the shelf with the rest of Skeley's crew!

Plus, I am stoked for New Adventures He-Man too!!!!!!!!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    And I just can't get over how freakin' cool Fang Man turned out!!! He looks SO good on the shelf with the rest of Skeley's crew!
    Yeah, Fang Man is completely awesome. One of my favorite figures in the line.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Behold the new Fug-Lee-Faces, for he is 10% more respectful of other peoples' feelings!
    Of course, your mileage may vary.