Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positivity Threadů

There's a lot of cool stuff to be pumped for, especially since the variety makes it all really cool to me in different ways.

What's strange for me is that I get really excited for the stuff that isn't part of my list of must-haves. For example, I know Mekaneck is going to be great and I can't wait to have him, but his reveal isn't going to be all that exciting. He'll look like an improved version of his vintage toy. But Icarius? Who knew he'd take to the current style so well? It's a surprise and it's fascinating to see things I'm not all that familiar with show up and become part of my preferred era of MOTU, which is Classics. I'm not big into PoP, but an improved She-Ra riding Swiftwind finally makes her equal to He-Man in this line. So many of these releases open up this world to me even more.

Heck, I even dig the bios. There's some odd choices, but I find the idea of merging everything into one world interesting. It's like Post-Crisis on Infinite Earths for MOTU. How's that for positivity?

For me it's the Sorceress and Fisto.

The Star Sisters are looking pretty cool as well especially for figures I'd never heard of before. I think I'm actually really looking forward to them for some reason.

I was also ecstatic Man-E-Faces secret accessory wasn't something that made me feel like I needed a second copy of the figure.
    All caught up on figures...now what

Quote Originally Posted by Mr DJ View Post
    What a welcome post!

Nice to see a fresh and positive out look rather than all the negative nancy's here.
    I basically never post any more due to all the moaning and groaning and lack of respect displayed by people on here - but before I turn into one of them - i'll stop and just say Well done Oz Scott for starting this thread.

I'm most looking forward to

- The star sisters
    - Swift wind
    - Shadow weaver
    and
    - The Sorceress

Looking beyond all that -
    I really wanna see the following figures -

- Huntara
    - Octavia
    - And any POP Characters!

And then looking into my dreams -
    I'm really looking forward to the opening of MOTU Land in Sydney Australia!
    :P

Great thread Oz Scott!
    PS - Love your profile pic - where's the pic from?
    Thanks Mr DJ!
    Great to see you back!! And, how cool would it be if there were a MotU Land in Sydney!! Maybe they could convert Australia's Wonderland?

Great figures to be excited about too!! Those girls are all really cool!

And, my avatar is the cover art for the album "RA" by Simon Curtis. Brilliant album!!

I was amazed by BP She-Ra and can't wait to get that figure. I'm also eagerly waiting for Flipshot, WindRaider, Swiftwind, Sorceress, Star Sisters, TP He-man and Fisto. Lots of things to buy indeed. Not to mention Shadow Weaver. I haven't paid $60 for a single figure in a while (buying her from BBTS), but she's worth it!

As for what I'm hoping to see:

- Extendar, Rio Blast, Gwildor, Stonedar and Rokkon from the original line
    - All POP characters possible
    - more NA characters
    - Kittrina from Filmation
    - Any female characters in general
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

I'm looking forward to all the weight I'm gonna lose since I can't afford food after all the awesome looking figures they are putting out! And for Star Sisters, Sorceress and my fave Kobra Kahn, I would gladly give it up!
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Quote Originally Posted by julez6 View Post
    I hear what your saying but go to another thread and voice it there. Thanks!

Im glad this thread has been started, as for the figs, Im really excited with all of the reveals. Im starting to run out of shelf space so a remodel will be happening soon in order to get the new figs in a good display. I think the fig I'm looking forward to is demo man, he looks awesome. Finally we get a windraider and one that is done with such attention to detail. Really great job the 4 horseman and scott are doing.
    Way to be negative there sport. I think I will voice my opinion here. If you don't like it well
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

The next few months are going to be pure win.

Fisto, Kobra Khan, Draego-Man, the Wind Raider, BG Evil-Lyn, Shadow Weaver and the Sorceress are all amazing looking and I am super excited to be getting these. I would not change a thing on any of these designs and I love them all. Whew.
    I'm even starting to entertain the idea of getting the Star Sisters after all.
    And then there are the mini comics...oooh man! Maybe the best reveal of all.

What a great time it is to be a Motu fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    - Kittrina from Filmation
    Yeah, I'd like to see a non-human female! Nice pick!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Photog! I've been waiting for ages and he is finally coming.

Star sisters! Never expected them this early, but I am psyched!

Man e faces came out perfectly.

Fisto and Kobra Kahn blew me away.

Mattel coming to power con in it's inaugural year... Awesome.

Wind raider looks great.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    OK, great thread, finally some positive vibes here. Pfew, what happend the last couple of days? Anyways, to me: Granamyr, Demo-Man, Sorceress, Kobra Khan and Shadow Weaver. Bring 'em on people! I still get warped everytime one of them parces arrives, seriously! MotUC shall live waaaay beyond 2015 (I hope) ;-)
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

HD figures on youtube
    Oh wow, thanks! I don't really post here to often because of all the hate, so I love this thread! I'm SO excited for the following.

Leach
    BG Evil-Lyn( a figure perfect as is!)
    Swiftwind
    Snout Spout
    Demo-Man
    Drago-Man
    Sorceress
    Kobra Khan
    Fisto
    Shadow Weaver
    TP He-Man
    MINI COMICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what, 9 more monthly figures? plus the rest of the 30th figures, and MORE! What's NOT to be happy about here?

1-I'm "pumped" for Thunder Punch He-Man. He's one of my favorite variants; I still remember the birthday I got him as a kid! I used up all those popcaps in a few days (good thing refills were only 88c at the time!). And the bonus of him having the first minicomic in 20-some years is just WONDERFULLY NUTS! Also the 6 brand new figures along with the create-a-character contest. Anything to fatten up this line and fill my shelves is good news to me!

...This year also marks the first time I've bought a Sub. I don't want to miss out on any of the 2012 characters, so I made sure I wouldn't!

2-I'm really looking forward to Shadow Weaver (I wasn't at first, but I am now), Fisto (one of my all-time favorites!) and Sorceress for next year. For the end of this year, they're all on my "want/must have" list. Battleground Evil-Lyn, Bubble Power She-Ra, Swift Wind (I'll buy two so I can have a Spirit), Flipshot/Icarius (my favorite NAHM figure besides He-Man; Mara being my favorite NAHM character besides He-Man!...Oh I hope we get her sometime soon!), and definitely Demo-Man (the Alcala Skeletor head will look nice when they reissue ol' Bonehead in Dec so I can have an alternate Skeletor; plus my Vikor will have someone to do battle with now). If I've missed anyone left over this year, I'm sorry. I like them all!

3-I'm not sure if any of them have really exceeded my expectations, but they've definitely been met. Minor problems aside, I've loved just about every character that has been put out in this line (though I haven't collected them all). The story/bios are a neat addition (and nostlagic for those who remember bio cards on the backs of their TMNT, Bucky O'Hare, and other toys). Making everything work together from mineternia to 200x and everything in between is just AWESOME! The excellence that is MOTUC overall is absolutely wonderful!
    Last edited by Mistico; August 24, 2011 at 04:05am.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

The SDCC reveals blew me away. I have been a cherry picker from the beginning but the starting line-up for 2012 had me buying a sub the first day they were available. Sorceress, Shadow Weaver and the Star Sisters alone have me psyched for 2012. But I also have Bubble Power She-Ra, Swiftwind and BG Evil-Lyn to look forward to in November. Fisto was a fave from childhood so I am excited for him and love the option of 2 looks for him. TP He-Man is a cool variant but he also comes with the first mini-comic in ages and a sweet looking power sword. I have never bought a Snake Man figure and had planned on selling any of the sub I didn't want, but the more I look at Kobra Kahn and his flared head, I may be adding my first Snake Man to my display. This toyline makes me feel like I did when I started my MOTU/POP collection as a child. I thank Mattel, the 4H, Toyguru and everyone involved for making the toy collection of my dreams.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Wow! I think they had awesome new lineup of figures at SDCC. I can not find a weak spot. I look forward for Demo-Man, BG Evil Lyn, Snout Spout, Sroceress, Icarius ... and all the rest. I really like when they do this mix of figures.
    1) I started to explore NA and POP while collecting MOTUC so I am really exited about the POP stuff revealed: Star Sisters 3 pack - completely unknown for me but very intersting, they look like god-like characters, very nice colors, they will make my MOTUC collection even more colorful. Swiftwind - beast of the year for me, incredible sculpt! And finally She-Ra that can move her legs.
    2) eye-catching colors scheme on BG Evil-Lyn and Sorceress
    3) totally love Icarius - full of equipment. Makes me wonder how he is able to carry all the armor. He is even better armed than Man-At-Arms. Hope to see more NA stuff as the line goes on.
    4) my whole body shakes when I think about Granamyr and Demo-Man - a must have classics despite the fact that they never had a figure before.
    5) Wind Raider - arghhh! Can not wait for the first MOTUC vehicle. Makes me wonder when we will get the BattleRam. Hopefully all the vintage vehicles will get MOTUC treatment. Also seeing Wind Rider I imagine now how BolaJet or AstroSub would look like.

... and I can go on with the list but have to go back to work now ...
    Last edited by Sabretooth; August 24, 2011 at 04:49am.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    2) 3) totally love Icarius - full of equipment. Makes me wonder how he is able to carry all the armor. He is even better armed than Man-At-Arms. Hope to see more NA stuff as the line goes on.
    4) my whole body shakes when I think about Granamyr and Demo-Man - a must have classics despite the fact that they never had a figure before.
    Geez, I almost forgot about these!
    It's too much goodness. I can't even remember everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal1972 View Post
    Geez, I almost forgot about these!
    It's too much goodness. I can't even remember everything.
    ... and I forgot to write how cool it was to see another 'Walkthrough with Toyguru' video by PixelDan. I enjoy these videos so much because I can not go to SDCC. Toyguru and PixelDan rule! I always watch the newest Walkthrough video - like at least once a week - I must be crazy. And I do that until next conference where PixelDan will do a new video with Toyguru and again I watch it every week ...

In all honesty, you would be better off asking me what I am not excited for.

Prior to SDCC I was in a major funk and I was in need of a good showing. Luckily Mattel delivered.

I am quite happy to be a subscriber for multiple subscriptions and I believe I will continue that for the life of the line.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    A good thread!!

I just got my 2 Marlena's yesterday and I really, really like them - both been executed brilliantly - so many display options - and Cringer is awesome.

I cannot wait to get Man-E and Megator.

Of the SDCC reveals - I seriously cannot wait to get the Wind Raider and Battleground Evil-Lyn as well as Demo-Man - I will really geek out when I put the Alcala head on my "Toothless Skeletor buck"

Also really looking forward to Icarius and old Snouty - not so pumped for BP She-Ra and Swifty yet - but that'll change

-------------

2012 stuff - I'm really looking forward to the Star Sisters - I'm a sucka for female characters anyway - and I really like these as well as the upcoming Sorceress figure - so cool looking.

Fisto, Kahn and TP He-Man AND Shadow Weaver AND all the madness such as the new characters and comics - really we have a shedload of awesome-ness coming our way - the way things have been negative around here lately - you'd think the line had ended!!!!!

it's good to be a MOTU fan!

With so much talk recently about what we're not getting, it's very easy to forgot all the awesome things that we are.

Personally, I'm just too easy to please.

I'm looking forward to absolutely everything. If I had to pick an absolute favourite from all the reveals I would say that it's the Star Sisters. I'm not sure why they're trumping the Sorceress, Shadow Weaver and Fisto for me... I guess it's because they're brand new characters (at least as far as I'm concerned).

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I will really geek out when I put the Alcala head on my "Toothless Skeletor buck"
    Wow! That had never ocurred to me! that the awesome alcala head can redeem that silly Toothless thing! nice work TG!!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Got Polly Pocket yesterday and have to say was pretty impressed, box art was pretty cool too.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I like:
    1) the 'Jean Claude Van Damme Schwarzenegger' head for Icarius

i only got 7 figures left on my 'must have no matter what' list and 3 of them are coming, i was hoping for one as a SDCC reveal.

the best figure coming is kobra khan; he's just awesome, i'm so excited.

the big surprise for me was how awesome the star sisters look. finally we have females with nice faces. starla reminds me of scarlett johansson and jewelstar reminds me of alice krige (actress that played the borg queen) + that's freaking awesome.

Count me in as one of the happy ones!

I love MotU Classics! I can't wait to get everything that's been shown and everything that HASN'T been shown for that matter! If I remember correctly, something else is going to be unveiled at Power Con next monthůso that'll be more excitement! I love it allůvintage MotU, PoP, NA, 200X and concept! It's all MotU!!! Let's keep the positive vibe going!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

This Thread is a great idea and it┤s needed.

The SSDC reveals were an AWESOME birthday present for me, even though they were on the 22nd here in Central Europe it all ready had been the 23rd and i was stunned

I never had a sub but seeing all those awesome Figures i treated myself and bought the Sub as my own special birthday treat!

So you can say i┤m one happy guy thanks to MOTUC!