• Mini-Comics
    • Hurricane Hordak
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    NA Skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    ...Mini-Comics...
    I forgot about the mini-comics, I am very much looking forward to those, to see the story and how everyone comes together from all the different factions. I wonder how many pages they'll be?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

This thread is great. I've been almost dreading coming to the site sometimes due to the general hatred that people seem to have with the new line.

I love it though. I thought Man-E-faces was great! One of the best figures of the year.

I also liked Clawful and thought he was great! Sure, a 200x head would have been cool. But, I really liked how he turned out! He's become one of my favorites.

I'm exicted to get Leech. I wasn't sure how much I liked his new look when I first saw him but every time I see him he looks better and better. Hopefully he'll look great in person.

Next year's lineup has got me excited too! Fisto, Sorceress, and Kobra Kahn all look better than I hoped and I can't wait to get my hands on them.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    I forgot about the mini-comics, I am very much looking forward to those, to see the story and how everyone comes together from all the different factions. I wonder how many pages they'll be?
    Oh yes, the minicomics... how could I forget about that? Very excited about that!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    Complaining is not negative but productive.
    The people in the BG Evil Lyn thread crying foul over the explanation and claiming TG is just using us to fund his own personal line, along with other conspiracy theories, are far from productive.

Anyway, I am excited about everything that has been announced so far. I barely got my August figures a week ago, and I can't wait for my September ones... Heck, I can't wait for my March figures.

I have to say the things I am most looking forward to are the 30th Anniversary figures... Especially the yet-to-be revealed Geoff Johns figure and the winner of the create-a-figure contest. While the "standard" figures are somewhat unknown in terms of the 4H's interpretation of the classics look, seeing completely new characters created by fans using the incredible parts available in this line... That is something to be truly excited about.

I'm also looking forward to the Wind Raider for sentimental reasons. The vintage one was the only vehicle my younger brother owned when we were kids. He passed away about 15 years ago, so I'm getting this one with a bit of his memory in my heart.

Personally I cannot wait to buy Leech, Battle Ground Evil-Lyn, Sorceress, Kobra Kahn and Shadow Weaver. In addition, I am excited to see the Demo-Man and Draego-Man in their final form and in package. I wonder if Kahn will come with a Snakemen sticker?
    Matty needs to do pre-orders !!

I'm not just thrilled about what's in the pipe, but also what's on the radar.

One of the fake sub. line-ups included Lodar. Somewhere, at Mattel HQ, someone has noticed that name & may be making plans...

Yet to be revealed are awesome characters like Modulok, Mekaneck, Jitsu, Stridor, Mermista, Shokoti, & any number of cool beasts (*invoking the powers of darkness for Molkrum*).

Even if the line is scaled back, we've got many years on our hands & many many more excellent characters, vehicles, beasts...

The fun looks like it's not going to end for a long while!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Yeah I like happy topics!

Which announced figures are you pumped for?
    Fisto and Kobra khan look amazing!

Which ones are you looking forward to the most?
    BG Evil Lyn each time I look at here I am amazed at how great she looks, so much better than yellow lyn

Have any exceeded your expectations?
    Windraider never in a million years did I think it would be that cool

Added thoughts

The fact that Mattel got us Filmation rights, has me on cloud 9, with so many amazing things coming out of SDCC11 this year, it would take something huge to bring me down.

We are getting Granamyr for god's sake! I never thought mattel would do that.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Oh ... and I forgot that Rudy Obrero is back on artwork for vehicles! Toyguru knows how to choose people to cooperate with!
    I did not see the WindRaider artwork in detail - but it seemed to me that there is WindRaider vs. Rotton in the art. Wow!

I'm so stoked for Fisto, especially the BIG 200X sword that we have been waiting for ever since 2003-04. I think his additional head and the belt attachment are a superb effort to implement the 200X elements, which is how I would like to see figures executed going forward.

The next He-man variants I want to see are Snake Armor and Flying Fists, but Thunder Punch He-man looks outstanding so far.

The Wind Raider was right on for me. I was hoping this would jump the Battle Ram even though that one looks excellent too. This was a vehicle I never had as a kid and always, always wanted. The box art is fantastic and I will probably be buying two because of that and the $40 price is less than I expected.

Alcala Skeletor head! Wow, what a way to get this in the line. Demo Man looks great but this little accessory put him over the top for me. What a great surprise from Mattel and the Four Horsemen! Thank you so much for that!

Heroic Warrior
    I made a thread yesterday called "On Open Letter to ToyGuru" in which I thanked Scott for doing a great job blazing the trail of offering toys to the fans who want them in a whole new way. This line has been brilliant.

Unfortunately, I didn't "protect" the thread the right way and it got deleted. I didn't save the text of the letter so it's gone. Stupid. Seems silly to lose what I wrote based on a technicality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    Unfortunately, I didn't "protect" the thread the right way and it got deleted. I didn't save the text of the letter so it's gone. Stupid. Seems silly to lose what I wrote based on a technicality.
    Dewd, you were too positive!

Sorry to hear the mods wasted your time.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Great thread topic, Scott!

I have to say that there is SOOOO much for me to love! The only minor disappointment at SDCC was BG Evil-Lyn, coz she wasn't 200x, but only minor, because I think she's GORGEOUS, and I can't wait to replace the yellow & blue Evil-Lyn with her!

I'm excited for Leech next month! More Horde is ALWAYS a good thing - it's another addition to my Etheria shelf - which may have to end up being split up this year into a Horde Shelf and a Great Rebellion shelf! To me, that's AWESOME!

I'm nearly crapping my pants with excitement for Swift Wind and Bubble Power She-Ra. She's going to be the first figure I buy THREE of. I hope they make lots of her, because I think she's going to sell like crazy. I'm scared of going on Digital River's crap site that day!

I'm also WAY stoked for Snout Spout, because he's another member of the Etherian Great Rebellian that I get to add to my shelf in my new "Etheria Room" in my new house.

Flipshot/Icarius is simply stunning. He looks incredible - I'll keep his helemted head on coz I wish the unhelmeted head looked like the cartoon head, but I think the figure looks amazing. I'm so happy to be getting more NA. I hope 2012 gives us a few more NA additions.

I'm excited for Demo-Man because he looks cool, and like others have said, I'm so excited to get the Alcala Skeletor head, because I just couldn't with the Toothache Skeletor from the Mo-Larr set in my collection, so Toothache Skeletor is at my desk at work with He-Man.01. I can't wait to put the Alcala Skeletor head on him and banish the Toothache head!!!!

SORCERESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY! My favorite character in the whole freaking franchise is being released! (now to just get Netossa and Perfuma...) She's perfect. The pose is perfect. The face and sculpt are flawless. She comes with the staff and Zoar. PERFECTION.

And as if January weren't amazing enough with getting the Sorceress, we're getting the Star Sisters in the same month!!!! My mind is seriously blown. The Horde & Great Rebellion will be crowding on my shelves!!! The Star sisters are truly beautiful. I fell in love with them at first sight, and I love the sculpts and colors. I'm so grateful they actually sculpted Glory Bird's perch, instead of using the same perch they've been using.

I'm excited for the 30th anniversary figures. They look really cool, and I hope they'll give us at least one new female for the line.

SHADOW WEAVER! Do I need to say anything more? She's exquisite! That she comes with her Filmation wand and the Eldritch Book of Spells is icing on the cake. I thought my custom I bought from you, Scott, was going to have to end up taking up a spot in my MOTUC collection, but now she can remain with my 200X stactions.

Kobra Kahn & Fisto - and they included 200x elements for Fisto lilke the sword, headband head and the belt! I'm ELATED! It's totally what I hoped for! I'm also excited to see Granamyr!

To me, the line is more exciting than ever. When I saw the reveals at Comic Con, I had the same excitement and feeling of wonder I has when they unveiled the 2010 line up with Adora. To me, the line is getting more exciting than ever, because we're now seeing figures who haven't had figure versions since the original line - and we're getting amazing renditions of them. And MINICOMICS!!! And Filmation rights! It's such an exciting time to be a fan of the franchise.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    From December on there is a figure each month I can't wait to have: Demo Man, Sorceress, Fisto, Kobra Khan, Shadow Weaver, Draego-Man they are all amazing!!!! And I also am excited for Leech and Battleground Evil-Lyn which will be out even sooner!

I made a thread yesterday called "On Open Letter to ToyGuru" in which I thanked Scott for doing a great job blazing the trail of offering toys to the fans who want them in a whole new way. This line has been brilliant.

Not going to rain on this positive thread but dude all you had to do was ask for your text and someone would have sent it to you (I am doing it now in a PM)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I don't think anyone was blaming anybody...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I shouldn't have acted disgruntled in public. I apologize to the mods, who are the best mods I've seen on any site on the internet. Below is the text of my open letter to TG, which markatisu kindly sent to me.

__________________________________________________ ___________
    ToyGuru's inbox was full. So I decided to take my "PM" public to make sure that he sees it (no guarantees that he will, of course).

Scott,

We've never met. But I wanted to let you know that I think you're doing a fabulous job with MOTUC. You're trailblazing a new way to sell toys directly to the consumers who want them in a time of great economic uncertainty. You've been able to get a whole group of MOTU toys to fans that fans have been clamoring for two decades (Tytus, Megator, He-Ro, Shadow Weaver(!)). And you've been exploring the perfect balance between too much product and too little product. It's a big job (on top of everything else you do!)!

I'm one who will buy everyting in this line and I have my sub for 2012 (my 7 and 4 year old daughters LOVE the Star Sisters, by the way). But it looks like you've learned that 2012 may have been a little bit too ambitious in terms of the amount of product going out. I reiterate: you're exploring entirely new territory with this line. There are bound to be a few hiccups. Do not get discouraged! You're doing a fabulous job! Despite the noise from the peanut gallery, you're allowing thousands of us to relive our childhoods with updated figures of characters we've loved since we were kids.

Thank you, especially, for being so transparent about the entire process of producing and getting these figures to the market. Your enthusiasm for the line is infectious. It bugs me to see the haters rail on you all the time. But one thing is true in this digital realm that we now operate in: there's no surer sign of success than having a few haters!

Keep up the good work, Scott! You truly are the Toy Guru!

Best,

Ntumbuluku
    Salt Lake City, Utah

Feel free to add your own open letters, folks.

I apologize to the mods, who are the best mods I've seen on any site on the internet.
    The internet is power. Real, unstoppable power !!! And the Mods have that force. They have that power! KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTERS !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

That was a great letter, Ntumbuluku.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

HD figures on youtube
    I can't believe I forgot about the Wind Raider!!!!!!!! It's on of the items I'm most excited about, and here I forget it lol. Gotta buy two, jyst to keep one in that beautiful box.

And I agree about Toyguru. I've been a fan of his ever since the 200X DVD special features. The guy is a great guy, and a FAN just like the rest of us. Truth is he would love to give us everything we ever wanted in this line, because it's everything he ever wanted in turn! He has higher ups that make the budget calls though, so he can only do what they green light. I mean he even went to bat for us on the head pack, it was the suits that turned it down.

I for one am VERY thankful for what we have, and what we continue to get in this line. Long live Masters Of The Universe!

Can I jump on this happy band wagon..yes...Ok then, here I go:

I honestly love how BG Evil Lyn came out. Even though the tunic is the same I mean..the colors and paint job scream new figure, even when it's not. I am looking forward to her very much so! She is absolutely gorgeous!

I can NOT wait for Leech, he was one of my favorite characters and toys as a kid and YES! Another Horde member!

Can't wait to finally have Swift Wind added to my collection! He looks amazing and that wing span is crazy! Lobe BP She-ra as well! I might get 2 of her, I have one sub, so I'll just have to buy another.

The new figures I am excited about are all of them. Sorceress, Star Sisters (January 2012 is going to be one amazing month for me), Fisto, Kobra Khan and Shadow Weaver...I honestly can not wait for her!

It's refreshing to have a thread like this. Thank you. I feel much better!

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    2.0 She-Ra!
    Non-yellow Evil-Lyn with a helmetless head!
    Alcala Skeletor head!
    The Sorceress!!
    Fisto with 200X accessories!
    Kobra Khan!
    Draego-Man!

I may spend a disproportionate amount of time nagging about details in otherwise great figures, but the fact is, there are more figures I'm excited about coming out in the next six months than I could've hoped for. Naught is perfect under the sun, but there's plenty to be happy for.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

I am SUPER EXCITED about:

~Wind Raider
    ~Sorceress
    ~Fisto
    ~Draego-Man
    ~Stinkor....WAIT...SORRY...he hasn't been announced yet
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post
    Lobe BP She-ra as well! I might get 2 of her, I have one sub, so I'll just have to buy another.
    Bubble Power She-Ra isn't included in the sub. If you want 2 of her, you'll have to go onto Matty & fight for 2 of her with the rest of us.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Sorceress, Leech, Fisto, and Kobra Kahn look perfect. I can't wait for them.