Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Positivity Threadů

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    With Filmation rights I really want a toon accurate Attack Trak

I like me some Filmation but owning a soccer mom mini van is not high on my to do list.

Heroic Warrior
    I have never regretted a purchase I made once my toys arrived. No buyer's remorse whatsoever. Not once.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I like me some Filmation but owning a soccer mom mini van is not high on my to do list.
    But it can talk
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

i hated the toy Attack Track but loved the cartoon one. I mean they made most of the other vehicles look exactly the same as far as the toon and toy appearance. Battle Ram, Wind Raider, Sky Sled, Roton, Land Shark, Stridor, Road Ripper, Talon Fighter all looked pretty much like the toys.

You know, everyone... I was just thinking about something pretty amazing.

Without:

- a cartoon

- a comic

- a video game

- a movie

With

- secondary market buyers likely buying less subscriptions this year

- a "poor" jammed-up market

- all the quality control issues

WE STILL MADE IT HAPPEN.

WE ARE THE MOST POWERFUL FAN BASE IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!!

DCUC is struggling...

We KNOW Ghostbusters doesn't sell as well as MOTUC...

And I'm sorry but as cool as Voltron is, I doubt it beat out MOTUC.

So chin-up, everyone.

We will get our castle one day.

If not, our fellow member evilmike can make it out of foam for us!! LOL
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I'm really looking forward to the Sorceress. I haven't purchased a figure since She-Ra 1.0 (technically since Orco/Mo-Lar SDCC, but I happened to be at the convention and got them without the norm of ordering and having a shipment sent to me).

Fisto looks very cool, but I was never into the character himself (and am kinda unsure that I like him being Teela's father in these bios). But I might get him just cuz of how well made he is.

Maybe I'll get the Star Sisters (or whatever they're called) cuz they look kinda neat. But I've got no attachments to the She-Ra cast and can kinda pass them up if I don't set my calendar to their release date

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Without:

- a cartoon

- a comic

- a video game

- a movie

With

WE STILL MADE IT HAPPEN.

That is AWESOME indeed!!!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jay View Post
    I'm new to this forum and to collecting the "Classics" line.

So far I've just got: Buzz-Off, Keldor, Hordak, and Man-E-Faces.

I'm 34 years old and had a bunch of He-Man toys back in the day. Being able to buy some new figures is cool and brings back those old feelings again.

I'm happy the line exists. Happy this forum/website exists. And happy to see the cartoons again on Netflix.

Overall.....I'm positively happy!!
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    I want the Battle Ram sold but I also want extra Sky Sleds sold by themselves!
    Now that is a great idea!
    Last edited by Neal1972; August 25, 2011 at 05:40am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

OMG! I totally forgot. I guess I'll have to fight to get 2....Uh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Bubble Power She-Ra isn't included in the sub. If you want 2 of her, you'll have to go onto Matty & fight for 2 of her with the rest of us.
    OMG, I totally forgot! I guess I'll just have to fight that day, OR maybe trade for her. I have a few MOTUC characters that people might want.
    Last edited by Loo-Kee; August 25, 2011 at 06:51am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

We... have... tha... POW-UUUUR!

Heh.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Without:

- a cartoon

- a comic

- a video game

- a movie

With

WE STILL MADE IT HAPPEN.

DCUC is struggling...

So chin-up, everyone.

Not to mention thanks to Val and co we now have our own convention

We routinely win any contest where MOTU as a brand is pit against others

I think how powerful MOTU is as a brand and fanbase gets lost a lot of the time in our displeasure and frustation with being able to purchase the toys
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

We do have the Power and always will as a fan base. I love the current MOTUC line. What's not to love. There are little things that aren't always the way I'd want them. But, everyone has in their mind what MOTU is. This is why it's wonderful to have all these viewpoints on the action figures,mythos, or comics. I'm certainly not a NA fan but I'm glad these fans are getting their figures. Even the Star Sisters-Who are they?-Really..But, fans of POP are getting them!! It's wonderful for everybody. The reveals this year have been top shelf in my opinion. Sorceress,Fisto,Kobra Kahn who looks absolutely amazing. TP He-Man. Holy Cow.....Keep bringing the noise Mattel!!

Without:

- a cartoon

- a comic

- a video game

- a movie

With

WE STILL MADE IT HAPPEN.

DCUC is struggling...

So chin-up, everyone.

Here Here well said my friend, all of us should at least be able to agree we have an amazing toy line on our hands

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Not to mention thanks to Val and co we now have our own convention

We routinely win any contest where MOTU as a brand is pit against others

I think how powerful MOTU is as a brand and fanbase gets lost a lot of the time in our displeasure and frustation with being able to purchase the toys
    Yeah throwing Power-Con on top of MOTUC is just the icing on the cake. I never thought we would have a state side MOTU convention.

Counting the days down!!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't own any vehicles other than Stridor, and I just noticed yesterday how radically different the Attak Trak is. If redesigned, it's needs to hold multiple figures. Otherwise, why have the back space?

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I didn't own any vehicles other than Stridor, and I just noticed yesterday how radically different the Attak Trak is. If redesigned, it's needs to hold multiple figures. Otherwise, why have the back space?
    Yes, & Stridor should come with a hi-tech wooden cart for extra riders.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

I love the passion of the fans. Really, you guys rock.

It amazes me how dedicated and loving Motu fans are. I mean, when I look at all those cool cutom figures, or the plethora of amazing artwork out there, or the amazing sculpts, the passionate agruments that rage back and forth on here, or indeed the podcasts I realise what great fans Motu fans are.

We may not agree on everything, or in some cases anything, but I know united we stand in our love for Motu.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal1972 View Post
    It amazes me how dedicated and loving Motu fans are. I mean, when I look at all those cool cutom figures, or the plethora of amazing artwork out there, or the amazing sculpts, the passionate agruments that rage back and forth on here, or indeed the podcasts I realise what great fans Motu fans are.
    You forgot the fan-fic & cosplay

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    You forgot the fan-fic & cosplay
    Oops, you're right.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Sorry it's taken me so long to post here--it's been a crazy week between work and training for this week's Chicago triathlon. At any rate, I TOTALLY appreciate the fact that this thread was started, and I appreciate all of the wonderful folks posting positive messages herein!

Which announced figures are you pumped for?

I'm excited for...well, all of 'em! That being said, I think the Sorceress and Shadow Weaver are the ones I'm most excited for. Those two amazing ladies, alongside Queen Marlena and Evil-Lyn, are my favorite MOTU characters! Oh, and speaking of the Sorceress of Night, I'm eagerly anticipating her Ultimate Battleground version (in addition to a future 200X Evil-Lyn). While I wasn't excited about the prospect of Fisto prior to the reveal, the 4H absolutely blew me away with his design--I'm so freakin' pleased that I can display him in his 200X garb, which is my favorite version of him! Even Kobra Khan was a total-win in my eyes!

Which ones are you looking forward to the most?

As I mentioned above, I think the Sorceress and Shadow Weaver are the ones I'm most looking forward to! Unfortunately, I'll be in London from January - April(ish), so the wait to finally hold them in my hands will be nigh-intolerable! Now, as far as unannounced figures that I'm most looking forward to: I think at this point it would be King Miro, Evilseed (flocked, please), and Horde Prime!

Have any exceeded your expectations?

Again, as I mentioned in my first response, Fisto blew me away. He was so much cooler than I thought he would be! Likewise, Flipshot looks awesome. The 4H have really done an amazing job of incorporating all of the factions in a universal style.

I also can't wait to see Granamyr when he's all done, and I'm counting the seconds until the reveals at Power-Con! Oh, and I can't wait for the Hurricane Hordak review either!

There's just so, so, SO much to be grateful for and positive about when it comes to the MOTUC line!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

One thing I do when the character selection and MOTUC in general gets me down is to think about who I would be missing if I decided to quit the line, or if I need some extra MOTUC motivation.

Mosquitor is still to come. If he is completely based on vintage he will still be one of the best looking figures in the line. Add in his 200x elements and you get a figure that could give Trap-Jaw (still my favourite figure) a run for his money.

Spikor is going to look bad ass. We all know this and we all accept it. He is the last of the top most requested figures. I think he is the last character in the MOTUC Idol that is yet to get a figure.

Rio Blast, the space cowboy. This is my own personal favourite still to come. He was one of my last few figures I got at the end of my MOTU collecting. We have all seen how good Icarius has turned out with his jet pack so I can only imagine how cool Rio Blast's weapon systems are going to look. I can only hope and wish that the 200x elements get included because that version is the best update I have ever seen.

Modulok and Multibot. Are you kidding me? These two are going to be awesome, no doubt about it. Now that Mattel has Filmation rights can you imagine a Modulok that can be made into the vintage figure and the Filmation look?

All this is just the tip of the iceberg. I am not even including characters like Extendar, Dragstor, the Snake Men, Jitsu, Stinkor, Blast Attack and that is just vintage MOTU. There is still PoP, NA, 200x that look so good. The Filmation characters such as Lord Masque, Shokoti, characters from the mini comics, Lodar, Garn, vehicles, beasts, giants, it just keeps going and going.

Just writing this post has me pumped but this is just my list. Your list may be the same or completely different but there is no doubt that the figures still to come gives me so much hope and positivity. I would honestly be suprised to find someone who is still collecting this line that can not find something to be positive about.

Will it all be perfect? Doubtful. But even the figures that have been full of controversy, Roboto and King Hsss, are still some of my favourite figures now they are in my collection. I will continue to blind buy multiple subscriptions every year until this line ends

Fisto as Teela's dad? HAHA! I know that's what they were hinting at in the cartoon, but seriously? She's gonna have to go to the "uncle-daddy" section come father's day for both Duncan and Fisto.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    when the new masters classics came out i lashed at someone on this forum for being so negative ,he was just going off on how these figures will never sell and they look dumb and on and on so i got ****** and told him off and got suspended for a week from Val for going off on a form member .
    how do you like that

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    One thing I do when the character selection and MOTUC in general gets me down is to think about who I would be missing if I decided to quit the line, or if I need some extra MOTUC motivation.

Mosquitor is still to come. If he is completely based on vintage he will still be one of the best looking figures in the line. Add in his 200x elements and you get a figure that could give Trap-Jaw (still my favourite figure) a run for his money.

Spikor is going to look bad ass. We all know this and we all accept it. He is the last of the top most requested figures. I think he is the last character in the MOTUC Idol that is yet to get a figure.

Rio Blast, the space cowboy. This is my own personal favourite still to come. He was one of my last few figures I got at the end of my MOTU collecting. We have all seen how good Icarius has turned out with his jet pack so I can only imagine how cool Rio Blast's weapon systems are going to look. I can only hope and wish that the 200x elements get included because that version is the best update I have ever seen.

Modulok and Multibot. Are you kidding me? These two are going to be awesome, no doubt about it. Now that Mattel has Filmation rights can you imagine a Modulok that can be made into the vintage figure and the Filmation look?

All this is just the tip of the iceberg. I am not even including characters like Extendar, Dragstor, the Snake Men, Jitsu, Stinkor, Blast Attack and that is just vintage MOTU. There is still PoP, NA, 200x that look so good. The Filmation characters such as Lord Masque, Shokoti, characters from the mini comics, Lodar, Garn, vehicles, beasts, giants, it just keeps going and going.

Just writing this post has me pumped but this is just my list. Your list may be the same or completely different but there is no doubt that the figures still to come gives me so much hope and positivity. I would honestly be suprised to find someone who is still collecting this line that can not find something to be positive about.

Will it all be perfect? Doubtful. But even the figures that have been full of controversy, Roboto and King Hsss, are still some of my favourite figures now they are in my collection. I will continue to blind buy multiple subscriptions every year until this line ends
    Well said TheFallen!!
    I love this post!!

I can't wait for some more new reveals at the upcoming Power-Con and less than a month until I have Leech in my hot little hands!

My god, I'm so SICK of all the positivity on these boards. It's just DEPRESSING.

When will all of the praisers quit their joyful posts of satisfaction & glee?

Haven't they ever heard of weak ankles? This hobby isn't about constant positivity you know.